Which would be better ?? Canon Vs. Lexmark

i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
anyone shed some light on these choices.

Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.

Lexmark P4350 or P6250

Canon MP 150 or MP 170

Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.

Thanks
0
LouisG

LouisG wrote:
> i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
> anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
> Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>
> Thanks

I know of very few people who would recommend any Lexmark. Go with Canon
or HP.
0
tomcas
2/15/2006 3:28:40 AM
In article <Xns976AD47A71D1711241959@140.99.99.130>, imnot@home.com
(LouisG) wrote:

> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.

I can't comment on the particular models but received wisdom is that
Lexmark is definitely a make to avoid. Canon is considerably better spoken
of as a manufacturer.

Jon.
0
Jon
2/15/2006 4:15:00 AM
LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote:
>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
>anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>
>Thanks

Take Tomcas' advice, Lexmark inkjet printers are not the best engineered
especially at the entry level (their Laser's are well made however).
Also, compare the cost of cartrdiges between Canon and Lexmark, I think you
will find Canon have an edge.
Tony
0
Tony
2/15/2006 4:23:21 AM

LouisG wrote:
> i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like
> ,,, can anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
> Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>
> Thanks

Cannon will have a big edge over Lexmark, check out the cartridge prices
before deciding.

0
Basil
2/15/2006 10:09:23 AM
Trouble is with Lexmark who now makes printers for Dell, don't know i
you get a free printer with the ink tanks or free ink tanks with th
printer, they are'nt the cheapest

I will second Tony's comments above, I have a Canon ip5000 and they'e
very economical to run, quiet and fast

If this one 'popped its clogs' I would have no hesitation in gettin
another

All-in-ones are ok for space saving but I do prefer seperates, as o
one goes 'wonky' you still got the other to play with and allows yo
to swap and change just a little easier

Dav

0
no
2/15/2006 10:32:32 AM
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:53:18 GMT, LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote:

>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
>anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.

Lexmark's cartridges are daily robbery.

Careful though, Canon's new MP printers' cartridges are also daylight
robbery. You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.
0
milou
2/15/2006 11:45:03 AM
LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote in

> i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,,
> can anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
> Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>
> Thanks

hi louis, i'm not familliar with the specific models you are considering
but i know one thing: lexmark is often a trap. they get you on the
replacement cartridges.

a bit more in depth information is at
http://think4ink.com/catalog/lexmark_hp_printers.php

the basic message is this: the printer cost is one thing, but your cost per
page to print is often what makes the difference between saving money and
wasting money.

and the real kick in the head: these stupid printers break down after a
year or so. unless you have an old warhorse like an HPLJII in good
condition....
0
trevor
2/15/2006 11:57:42 AM
> You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.

hi milou, do you really think refilling Canon cartridges is the way to go
or would you suggest aftermarket/reman/recycle?

0
trevor
2/15/2006 12:10:53 PM
Let me add my voice to this.  Lexmark is the ultimate free printer
manufacturer, and this includes Dell badged product as well.  They seem
to make their money on cartridge sales nearly exclusively in their
inkjet line, and often it is cheaper to buy their printer with ink
cartridges than replace the cartridges, if you even have to buy it to
begin with.

The biggest problem, beyond reliability and build, which I tend to
believe has improved somewhat, is the drivers for their inkjet products
which tend to be unstable or pootrly implimented.  Their all-in-one
drivers are notorious for headaches.

Art

Tony wrote:

> LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote:
>
>>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
>>anyone shed some light on these choices.
>>
>>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>>
>>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>>
>>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>>
>>Thanks
>

> Take Tomcas' advice, Lexmark inkjet printers are not the best engineered
> especially at the entry level (their Laser's are well made however).
> Also, compare the cost of cartrdiges between Canon and Lexmark, I think you
> will find Canon have an edge.
> Tony
0
Arthur
2/15/2006 1:21:20 PM
In article <8156v11edp4sqm5n6b3hbbl733u6d38nq9@4ax.com>, puce@zig.com
(milou) wrote:

> Lexmark's cartridges are daily robbery.

Do they really run out that fast? ;-)

Jon.
0
Jon
2/15/2006 2:01:00 PM
SIMPLE ANSWER

LEXMARK IS NOT A PRINTER

CANON IS A PRINTER

Jon O'Brien wrote:

>In article <8156v11edp4sqm5n6b3hbbl733u6d38nq9@4ax.com>, puce@zig.com
>(milou) wrote:
>

>>Lexmark's cartridges are daily robbery.
>>

>Do they really run out that fast? ;-)
>
>Jon.

0
measekite
2/15/2006 6:34:19 PM
THE ANSWER IS MORE SIMPLE

CANON IS A PRINTER

LEXMARK IS NOT A PRINTER

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Let me add my voice to this.  Lexmark is the ultimate free printer
> manufacturer, and this includes Dell badged product as well.  They
> seem to make their money on cartridge sales nearly exclusively in
> their inkjet line, and often it is cheaper to buy their printer with
> ink cartridges than replace the cartridges, if you even have to buy it
> to begin with.
>
> The biggest problem, beyond reliability and build, which I tend to
> believe has improved somewhat, is the drivers for their inkjet
> products which tend to be unstable or pootrly implimented.  Their
> all-in-one drivers are notorious for headaches.
>
> Art
>
> Tony wrote:
>
>> LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like
>>> ,,, can anyone shed some light on these choices.
>>>
>>> Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>>>
>>> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>>>
>>> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>>>
>>> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>

>> Take Tomcas' advice, Lexmark inkjet printers are not the best
>> engineered especially at the entry level (their Laser's are well made
>> however).
>> Also, compare the cost of cartrdiges between Canon and Lexmark, I
>> think you will find Canon have an edge.
>> Tony

0
measekite
2/15/2006 6:35:13 PM

trevor wrote:

>>You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.
>>

>hi milou, do you really think refilling Canon cartridges is the way to go

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING AND IT CAN VARY
FROM PURCHASE TO PURCHASE

>or would you suggest aftermarket/reman/recycle?

0
measekite
2/15/2006 6:35:54 PM
CANON IP5200 PREFERRED OR THE LESS EXPENSIVE IP4200

trevor wrote:

>LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote in
>

>>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,,
>>can anyone shed some light on these choices.
>>
>>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>>
>>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>>
>>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>hi louis, i'm not familliar with the specific models you are considering
>but i know one thing: lexmark is often a trap. they get you on the
>replacement cartridges.
>
>a bit more in depth information is at
>http://think4ink.com/catalog/lexmark_hp_printers.php
>
>the basic message is this: the printer cost is one thing, but your cost per
>page to print is often what makes the difference between saving money and
>wasting money.
>
>and the real kick in the head: these stupid printers break down after a
>year or so. unless you have an old warhorse like an HPLJII in good
>condition....

0
measekite
2/15/2006 6:37:17 PM

milou wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:53:18 GMT, LouisG <imnot@home.com> wrote:
>

>>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
>>anyone shed some light on these choices.
>>
>>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>>
>>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>>
>>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>>

>Lexmark's cartridges are daily robbery.
>
>Careful though, Canon's new MP printers' cartridges are also daylight
>robbery. You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.

THERE IS NO RIGHT INK AND REFILLING IS NOT ADVISABLE
0
measekite
2/15/2006 6:38:53 PM
Anything but Lexmark (and Dell which are rebadged Lexmark units)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

0
Cari
2/15/2006 7:00:59 PM
In article <LuKIf.28986$Jd.9108@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
inkystinky@oem.com (measekite the simple) took out his crayons and wrote:

> SIMPLE ANSWER

I wouldn't expect anything else from a simpleton.

Jon.
0
Jon
2/15/2006 7:50:00 PM
trevor <not@your.house> wrote in

>> You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.
>
> hi milou, do you really think refilling Canon cartridges is the way to
> go or would you suggest aftermarket/reman/recycle?

There is no aftermarket for these new line of carts yet, so you have to
refill yourself (at a loss to ink monitoring), or stick to OEM.
0
Gary
2/15/2006 8:17:06 PM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:1zKIf.28990$Jd.19488
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

> THERE IS NO RIGHT INK AND REFILLING IS NOT ADVISABLE

There is too.

First off, it is proven fact that the legacy BCI-6 inks work fine in the
CL-100 carts. It is also fact the pigment text black is the same as in the
BCI3eBk cart.

Second off, at least one aftermarket ink manufacturer is making a
BCI7/CL100 ink.
0
Gary
2/15/2006 8:20:25 PM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:xxKIf.28989$Jd.14981
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

> CANON IP5200 PREFERRED OR THE LESS EXPENSIVE IP4200

Or their equivalent in an MP series, MP500 and MP800
0
Gary
2/15/2006 8:22:28 PM

Gary Tait wrote:

>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:xxKIf.28989$Jd.14981
>@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:
>

>>CANON IP5200 PREFERRED OR THE LESS EXPENSIVE IP4200
>>

>Or their equivalent in an MP series, MP500 and MP800

WRONGO BONGO

MULTIFUNCTION DEVICES ARE NOT THE BEST BET FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS.

YOU USUALLY DO NOT GET THE BEST OF BREED

WHEN EITHER THE PRINTER OR THE SCANNER GOES SOUTH YOU HAVE TO JUNK A
MORE EXPENSIVE MACHINE

THEY COST MORE

THE ONLY REASON TO GET ONE IS IF SPACE IS AN ABSOLUTE PROBLEM AND/OR
WITH SOME MODELS YOU MUST HAVE AN AUTO SHEET FEEDER FOR THE SCANNER.

IT IS NOT A SURPRISE YOU RECOMMEND THEM.
0
measekite
2/15/2006 9:49:56 PM

Gary Tait wrote:

>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:1zKIf.28990$Jd.19488
>@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:
>

>>THERE IS NO RIGHT INK AND REFILLING IS NOT ADVISABLE
>>

>There is too.

ONLY IF YOU ARE SENILE

>First off, it is proven fact that the legacy BCI-6 inks work fine in the
>CL-100 carts. It is also fact the pigment text black is the same as in the
>BCI3eBk cart.

YEP

>Second off, at least one aftermarket ink manufacturer is making a
>BCI7/CL100 ink.

SENILE
0
measekite
2/15/2006 9:50:44 PM

Gary Tait wrote:

>trevor <not@your.house> wrote in
>

>>>You have to be prepared to refill them with the right ink.
>>>

>>hi milou, do you really think refilling Canon cartridges is the way to
>>go or would you suggest aftermarket/reman/recycle?
>>

>There is no aftermarket for these new line of carts yet, so you have to
>refill yourself (at a loss to ink monitoring), or stick to OEM.

STICKING TO OEM MAKES THE MOST SENSE
0
measekite
2/15/2006 9:51:24 PM

Jon O'Brien wrote:

>In article <LuKIf.28986$Jd.9108@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
>inkystinky@oem.com (measekite the simple) took out his crayons and wrote:
>

>>SIMPLE ANSWER
>>

>I wouldn't expect anything else from a simpleton.
>
>Jon.

AND YOU CERTAINLY ARE
0
measekite
2/15/2006 9:52:59 PM
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:34:19 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>
wrote:

>SIMPLE ANSWER
>
>LEXMARK IS NOT A PRINTER
>
>CANON IS A PRINTER

SHUT UP MEASESHIT!

                 /'�/)
               ,/�  /
              /    /
      /�� /'   '/��� ��
  /'/    /    /    /�  /�\
  ('(    �    �     �/'   ')
  '\'   \            _.��
    \              (
      \             \

0
x_x
2/15/2006 11:34:14 PM
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:49:56 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>
wrote:

>>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:xxKIf.28989$Jd.14981
>>@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:
>>
>WRONGO BONGO
>
>MULTIFUNCTION DEVICES ARE NOT THE BEST BET FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS.
>
>YOU USUALLY DO NOT GET THE BEST OF BREED
>
>WHEN EITHER THE PRINTER OR THE SCANNER GOES SOUTH YOU HAVE TO JUNK A
>MORE EXPENSIVE MACHINE
>
>THEY COST MORE
>
>THE ONLY REASON TO GET ONE IS IF SPACE IS AN ABSOLUTE PROBLEM AND/OR
>WITH SOME MODELS YOU MUST HAVE AN AUTO SHEET FEEDER FOR THE SCANNER.
>
>IT IS NOT A SURPRISE YOU RECOMMEND THEM.

Who gives a shit what you say, troll......

                 /'�/)
               ,/�  /
              /    /
      /�� /'   '/��� ��
  /'/    /    /    /�  /�\
  ('(    �    �     �/'   ')
  '\'   \            _.��
    \              (
      \             \

0
x_x
2/15/2006 11:36:39 PM

<x_x> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:49:56 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>
>wrote:
>

>>>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in news:xxKIf.28989$Jd.14981
>>>@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:
>>>

>>WRONGO BONGO
>>
>>MULTIFUNCTION DEVICES ARE NOT THE BEST BET FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS.
>>
>>YOU USUALLY DO NOT GET THE BEST OF BREED
>>
>>WHEN EITHER THE PRINTER OR THE SCANNER GOES SOUTH YOU HAVE TO JUNK A
>>MORE EXPENSIVE MACHINE
>>
>>THEY COST MORE
>>
>>THE ONLY REASON TO GET ONE IS IF SPACE IS AN ABSOLUTE PROBLEM AND/OR
>>WITH SOME MODELS YOU MUST HAVE AN AUTO SHEET FEEDER FOR THE SCANNER.
>>
>>IT IS NOT A SURPRISE YOU RECOMMEND THEM.
>>

>Who gives a shit what you say, troll......
>

>                 /'�/)
>               ,/�  /
>              /    /
>      /�� /'   '/��� ��
>  /'/    /    /    /�  /�\
>  ('(    �    �     �/'   ')
>  '\'   \            _.��
>    \              (
>      \             \

IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL FIT IN YOUR MOUTH
0
measekite
2/16/2006 1:29:46 AM

<x_x> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:34:19 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>
>wrote:
>

>>SIMPLE ANSWER
>>
>>LEXMARK IS NOT A PRINTER
>>
>>CANON IS A PRINTER
>>

>SHUT UP MEASESHIT!
>
>                 /'�/)
>               ,/�  /
>              /    /
>      /�� /'   '/��� ��
>  /'/    /    /    /�  /�\
>  ('(    �    �     �/'   ')
>  '\'   \            _.��
>    \              (
>      \             \

FRANKIE CRANKIE RIDES AGAIN
0
measekite
2/16/2006 1:30:15 AM
I'm telling on you ;-)

Hi, Cari.

Art

Cari wrote:

> Anything but Lexmark (and Dell which are rebadged Lexmark units)
0
Arthur
2/16/2006 10:02:13 AM
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:01 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon O'Brien) wrote:

>In article <8156v11edp4sqm5n6b3hbbl733u6d38nq9@4ax.com>, puce@zig.com
>(milou) wrote:
>
>> Lexmark's cartridges are daily robbery.
>
>Do they really run out that fast? ;-)

You made me see the light
0
milou
2/16/2006 1:20:55 PM
I have a lexmark X1150 all in one. It's a reliable scanner but th
printer part is just terrible! I had to get it fixed and it was fin
for about a week and then it got worse than ever. It has never onc
printed a page straight

0
no
2/16/2006 5:33:12 PM
Hehe..... I own a Lexmark... but it's an Optra S Laser printer and it's
excellent.  Their commercial products are great.  Their consumer
products...... erm.... perhaps a less less so!!!

Cari

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> I'm telling on you ;-)
>
> Hi, Cari.
>
> Art
>
> Cari wrote:
>
>> Anything but Lexmark (and Dell which are rebadged Lexmark units)

0
Cari
2/16/2006 6:13:29 PM
"Cari" (Newsgroups1@coribright.com) writes:
> Hehe..... I own a Lexmark... but it's an Optra S Laser printer and it's
> excellent.  Their commercial products are great.  Their consumer
> products...... erm.... perhaps a less less so!!!
>
> Cari

I've used Lexmark since I started using inkjets (previously an Epson dot
matrix that burned out the print head) with good quality.  Of course I
don't like the cartridge cost, but have various tricks to keep ink
consumption down.  At some time, probably next year when I buy a computer
with the new MS Vista OS, I'll have to buy s replacement, since few
companies seem willing to ante up for new drivers for new OS.  At that
time Canon will get the first look.  I read this group constantly and it
seems to be the majority choice, and (the reason I started with Lexmark,
even though it wasn't mentioned much) there aren't too many complaints
about mechanical or quality problems.  Lexmark hasn't scored in the
rankings of the computer magazines I read in about a year, suggesting that
they are coasting on their previous reputation.  I'll avoid Epson because
of clogging problems and HP because they seem to have a higher complaint
rate than in the past, and the small-looking carts they offer, suggesting
high cost-per-page.  I'd still consider Lexmark, but only at a spectacualr
price, which seems to be their claim to fame at the moment.

PTW, anybody who has problems printing with a Lexmark may have an out of
date cartridge.  The damn things have a shelf life and ought to be given a
"sell by" date.  Is this true of Canon as well?

Brendan

> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> I'm telling on you ;-)
>>
>> Hi, Cari.
>>
>> Art
>>
>> Cari wrote:
>>
>>> Anything but Lexmark (and Dell which are rebadged Lexmark units)

0
ck183
2/17/2006 6:39:17 AM
> PTW, anybody who has problems printing with a Lexmark may have an out of
> date cartridge.  The damn things have a shelf life and ought to be given a
> "sell by" date.  Is this true of Canon as well?

Most Canon cartridges until september of 2005 were basicly inktanks, as
in no electronics what so ever.  I can not say as far as the new
chipped cartridges though.

0
zakezuke
2/17/2006 6:59:46 AM

Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:

>"Cari" (Newsgroups1@coribright.com) writes:
>

>>Hehe..... I own a Lexmark... but it's an Optra S Laser printer and it's
>>excellent.  Their commercial products are great.  Their consumer
>>products...... erm.... perhaps a less less so!!!
>>
>>Cari
>>

>I've used Lexmark since I started using inkjets (previously an Epson dot
>matrix that burned out the print head) with good quality.  Of course I
>don't like the cartridge cost, but have various tricks to keep ink
>consumption down.  At some time, probably next year when I buy a computer
>with the new MS Vista OS, I'll have to buy s replacement, since few
>companies seem willing to ante up for new drivers for new OS.  At that
>time Canon will get the first look.  I read this group constantly and it
>seems to be the majority choice, and (the reason I started with Lexmark,
>even though it wasn't mentioned much) there aren't too many complaints
>about mechanical or quality problems.
>

> Lexmark hasn't scored in the
>rankings of the computer magazines I read in about a year, suggesting that

THEY ARE TOTAL GARBAGE AND MOST EVERYONE KNOWS IT

>they are coasting on their previous reputation.
>

>I'll avoid Epson because
>of clogging problems

ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK

>and HP because they seem to have a higher complaint
>rate than in the past,

HP IS STILL VERY GOOD BUT I PREFER CANON WITH OEM INK

>and the small-looking carts they offer, suggesting
>high cost-per-page.

THATS TRUE

>I'd still consider Lexmark, but only at a spectacualr
>price, which seems to be their claim to fame at the moment.

FREE IS MUCH TOO EXPENSIVE

>PTW, anybody who has problems printing with a Lexmark may have an out of
>date cartridge.  The damn things have a shelf life and ought to be given a
>"sell by" date.  Is this true of Canon as well?
>
>Brendan
>

>>"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>

>>>I'm telling on you ;-)
>>>
>>>Hi, Cari.
>>>
>>>Art

0
measekite
2/17/2006 5:07:08 PM

> Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:
>

>>I'll avoid Epson because
>>of clogging problems
>>
> ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK

Not really. Uncared for Epsons tend to clog anyway, even with OEM ink.
Yes, poor aftermarket ink can worsen the situation.

>>PTW, anybody who has problems printing with a Lexmark may have an out
>>of date cartridge.  The damn things have a shelf life and ought to be
>>given a "sell by" date.  Is this true of Canon as well?
>>
>>Brendan

Not that I know of.
0
Gary
2/19/2006 1:39:58 AM

Gary Tait wrote:

>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>

>>Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:
>>

>>>I'll avoid Epson because
>>>of clogging problems
>>>

>>ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK
>>

>Not really. Uncared for Epsons tend to clog anyway, even with OEM ink.
>Yes, poor aftermarket ink can worsen the situation.

TATER TOT ALMOST GOT IT.  YES THE EPSON C SERIES (LESS WITH THE R
SERIES) TENDS TO CALL WITH ALL INK BUT ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK
WHERE THE MAJORITY IS POOR AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE WAY TO TELL THE FEW
THAT ARE OK BECAUSE THE RELABELERS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.

>>>PTW, anybody who has problems printing with a Lexmark may have an out
>>>of date cartridge.  The damn things have a shelf life and ought to be
>>>given a "sell by" date.  Is this true of Canon as well?
>>>
>>>Brendan
>>>

>Not that I know of.

0
measekite
2/19/2006 4:43:28 PM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> posted the exciting message

> TATER TOT ALMOST GOT IT.  YES THE EPSON C SERIES (LESS WITH THE R
> SERIES) TENDS TO CALL WITH ALL INK BUT ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK
> WHERE THE MAJORITY IS POOR AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE WAY TO TELL THE
> FEW THAT ARE OK BECAUSE THE RELABELERS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE
> SELLING.

You could past this message from 1000 other messages. Nothing new.
0
Prime
2/20/2006 6:04:58 AM
The question from the OP was about inkjet printers.  Laser products are
a completely different division and a different matter.  Lexmark lasers
are relatively good products.  The inkjets and all in one inkjets are
another matter entirely.

Art

Cari wrote:

> Hehe..... I own a Lexmark... but it's an Optra S Laser printer and it's
> excellent.  Their commercial products are great.  Their consumer
> products...... erm.... perhaps a less less so!!!
>
> Cari
>
> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
>
>>I'm telling on you ;-)
>>
>>Hi, Cari.
>>
>>Art
>>
>>Cari wrote:
>>

>>>Anything but Lexmark (and Dell which are rebadged Lexmark units)

0
Arthur
2/20/2006 2:19:53 PM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in

>>Not really. Uncared for Epsons tend to clog anyway, even with OEM ink.
>>Yes, poor aftermarket ink can worsen the situation.
>>

> TATER TOT ALMOST GOT IT.  YES THE EPSON C SERIES (LESS WITH THE R
> SERIES) TENDS TO CALL WITH ALL INK BUT ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK
> WHERE THE MAJORITY IS POOR AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE WAY TO TELL THE
> FEW THAT ARE OK BECAUSE THE RELABELERS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE
> SELLING.

No, I have it exactly (to my observation), you have it backwards.
And as I have said before, good ink vendors do not need to say thing one
about their ink, for it to be good.
0
Gary
2/21/2006 5:30:39 PM

Gary Tait wrote:

>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>

>>>Not really. Uncared for Epsons tend to clog anyway, even with OEM ink.
>>>Yes, poor aftermarket ink can worsen the situation.
>>>

>>TATER TOT ALMOST GOT IT.  YES THE EPSON C SERIES (LESS WITH THE R
>>SERIES) TENDS TO CALL WITH ALL INK BUT ESPECIALLY WITH AFTERMARKET INK
>>WHERE THE MAJORITY IS POOR AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE WAY TO TELL THE
>>FEW THAT ARE OK BECAUSE THE RELABELERS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE
>>SELLING.
>>

>No, I have it exactly (to my observation), you have it backwards.

IAM SURE YOU LIKE IT BACKWARDS

>And as I have said before, good ink vendors do not need to say thing one
>about their ink, for it to be good.

YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR SMOKING WHAT YOU SMOKE. ARE YOU OLD ENOUGH TO
DRINK THE POOR AFTERMARKET INK YOU TALK ABOUT.
0
measekite
2/21/2006 8:22:50 PM
I would think that you would suffer greatly with any Lexmark product. I have
lived through HELL with a dreaded X73 and will NEVER purchase anything they
put their name on again. It's not so much the product, but the lack of
support from the company.

RD

"LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
> i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
> anyone shed some light on these choices.
>
> Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>
> Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>
> Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>
> Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>
> Thanks

0
RD
9/14/2006 7:33:08 PM
Canon, HP, and Epson make printers.  Lexmark makes ink dispensers.  I do
hear their Lasers are not too bad.

RD wrote:

>I would think that you would suffer greatly with any Lexmark product. I have
>lived through HELL with a dreaded X73 and will NEVER purchase anything they
>put their name on again. It's not so much the product, but the lack of
>support from the company.
>
>RD
>
>"LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
>

>>i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
>>anyone shed some light on these choices.
>>
>>Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
>>
>>Lexmark P4350 or P6250
>>
>>Canon MP 150 or MP 170
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
>>
>>Thanks

0
measekite
9/14/2006 11:30:15 PM
> > i'm looking at getting a new printer and have seen two that i like ,,, can
> > anyone shed some light on these choices.
> >
> > Pros / Cons ,, experiences etc.
> >
> > Lexmark P4350 or P6250
> >
> > Canon MP 150 or MP 170
> >
> > Would appreciate any comments on the above printers.
> >
> > Thanks
>

> My only Lexmark experience is with a 3000 about 5 years ago. It somwtimes worked OK,
but it was an obvious clunky piece of junk from day one. My Canon i960's
output is incomparably superior, and is an extremely smooth running
machine mechanically.
Like day & night.
(as a reference to Measly, like Yugo & Mercedes).
0
Irwin
9/15/2006 7:19:42 AM
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:19:42 GMT, Irwin Peckinloomer <spam@trash.com>
wrote:

<snip>

You replied to a question xposted 7 months ago
0
milou

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer whi...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Canon I960 vs I900D Printers
I'm in the market to purchase a new printer and seem to have focused on the Canon. I'm am unsure of which of these two printers I should buy. The one thing that confuses me is that the I960 has 3072 nozzles (512x6) instead of the 1536 nozzles that the I900D (256x6) has. Is this something that I need to be concerned about, or is this just something that makes the printer output faster (I noticed that the I960 printer twice as fast). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I plan on buying this weekend. << From: ccmangrove@yahoo.com (cc) Date: Fri, May 28, ...

Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer
Hello, I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as the i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249. So ...

canonical vs non-canonical
hi all ive got an understanding problem im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes now, i dont really understand whats meant by that? is there any chance for me to see the 2 things in action, just two grasp whats being talked about here? thanx, martin sancho1980 wrote: > hi all > > ive got an understanding problem > im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation > and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes > now, i dont really understand whats...

Which Certification track is better? ISACA vs. ISC2 vs. SANS vs...?
Don't want to start a "my cert is better than yours" war here, but which is better? SANS -- It seems that SANS is very well recognized, but I am curious about how it is you take a 5 day class and are now ready to test into a cert. it also seems that they are far more granular, I don't know if this limited scope is what makes the 5 day class do-able, or if it is simply a way to generate more revenue by offering more classes and more tests (SANS classes are some of the most expensive I have seen) ISC2 -- ISC2 offers the CISSP and several others which are rather broad in scope...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, ...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Web resources about - Which would be better ?? Canon Vs. Lexmark - comp.periphs.printers

Printers: Toner, All In One Printers, and Printer Ink - Lexmark
Lexmark provides a wide range of printers, ink & toners, and printer accessories. Shop directly from our website to find great deals.

Lexmark Int'l v. Static Control Components - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lexmark International, Inc. v. Static Control Components, Inc. , is an American legal case involving the computer printer company Lexmark , which ...

Lexmark News (@LexmarkNews)

Lexmark Optra S 1855 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Rubén Marcos' photos on Flickr. Rubén Marcos has uploaded 39831 photos to Flickr.

Mosser leaves Lexmark
After more than six years Lexmark A/NZ country manager, Carmel Mosser, has departed.

Seven Questions About Printing for Lexmark CEO Paul Rooke
When you consider the fact that Lexmark is a printer company — and not even an especially large one by comparison to others in the business — ...

Apple rolls out Canon, Epson, Lexmark printer drivers
... updates to OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7.5 Lion, Apple quietly rolled out new printer drivers for certain Canon, Epson and Lexmark ...

Supreme Court: Lexmark will have to stand trial over old DMCA threats
... that originated in a controversial use of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) more than a decade ago. Printer manufacturer Lexmark ...

Lexmark Posts Q1 Revs, EPS Above Ests; Guidance Tops Street
Lexmark (LXK) shares are trading higher on better-than-expected Q1 results, and a strong Q2 outlook. For Q1, the printer maker reported revenue ...

LXK:New York Stock Quote - Lexmark International Inc - Bloomberg
Stock analysis for Lexmark International Inc (LXK:New York) including stock price, stock chart, company news, key statistics, fundamentals and ...