why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?

even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon
follow?

0
leo

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:

>even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon
>follow?

If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention
of obtaining US rights for CD printing.

As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers,
not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA.
0
Gary
2/22/2004 10:05:01 PM
In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid says...
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:
>
> >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon
> >follow?
> >

> If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention
> of obtaining US rights for CD printing.
>
> As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers,
> not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA.

For my part it doesn't matter which reason they dont sell 'em

By the time you spend the money on the "printable" blanks, you'll be right back to using
Sharpies!

Most of the people I've personally met who are looking for a printer to print on CDRs get
really turned off by the price of the printable media.

I havent seen any that come even CLOSE to the price of a regular blank. AFAIK none of the
inkjets will print on a regular cdr (at least not permanently).

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
"Larry" <slick@slide.net> wrote in message

> For my part it doesn't matter which reason they dont sell 'em
>
> By the time you spend the money on the "printable" blanks, you'll be right
back to using
> Sharpies!

The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for presentation and
commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.

0
leo
2/23/2004 12:46:58 AM
In article <64c_b.4193$yZ1.342@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, someone@somewhere.net
says...
> The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for presentation and
> commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.

Thats the problem, and its why I might get one of those "ribbon" type cd printers.  If used
on a high quality blank, they look fairly profesional, and I doubt the small ammount of
weight (or adhesive) the lettering adds will cause problems with the disc.

Mostly I would be using it for DvDs that are custom burned and priced high enough to cover
many many ribbons for the label maker.

I really dont see the need to spend the price on "printable" blanks, just to have them on
hand.

My customers have already been satisfied to recieve their DvD in a box with a well printed
label, and nothing at all on the disk.  The title on the disk is just one more step to look
professional.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:20:32 -0500, Larry <slick@slide.net> wrote:

>> The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for presentation and
>> commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.
>
>Thats the problem, and its why I might get one of those "ribbon" type cd printers.  If used
>on a high quality blank, they look fairly profesional, and I doubt the small ammount of
>weight (or adhesive) the lettering adds will cause problems with the disc.

I stick labels on dozens of discs for people all the time - for years
- and have had zero problems.  This may be an old wive's tale.
0
Just
2/23/2004 1:01:47 PM
In article <9auj30pmo5qf6b47qar33nmei614pvgj0d@4ax.com>,
justallan@COLDhotmail.com says...
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:20:32 -0500, Larry <slick@slide.net> wrote:
>
> >> The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for presentation and
> >> commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.
> >
> >Thats the problem, and its why I might get one of those "ribbon" type cd printers.  If used
> >on a high quality blank, they look fairly profesional, and I doubt the small ammount of
> >weight (or adhesive) the lettering adds will cause problems with the disc.
>
> I stick labels on dozens of discs for people all the time - for years
> - and have had zero problems.  This may be an old wive's tale.

Told by "old wives" with drives that like to spin up to 50x for no
particular reason...

A label (if not PERFECTLY centered & Ballanced) on a disc spinning at
that high speed will make your computer "shake, rattle, & hum".

I have a couple of drives that do that and its annoying, so I dont
want to set up a customer to the same (possible) problem.

It doesn't do any harm that I can tell, but some of my customers are
not "computer literate" and some set-top players may do the same
thing, for all I know.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:50:58 -0500, Larry <slick@slide.net> wrote:

>> I stick labels on dozens of discs for people all the time - for years
>> - and have had zero problems.  This may be an old wive's tale.
>
>Told by "old wives" with drives that like to spin up to 50x for no
>particular reason...

Do drives actually work at these speeds now?  It used to be that they
wouldn't go over 4x.  Also, I have several discs that vibrate in the
drive - but none of them are the CD-Rs I've put full circular labels
on?
0
Just
2/24/2004 1:57:28 AM
In article <4obl30lv4b458lhc2kt25mqhn0im1hnq8a@4ax.com>,
justallan@COLDhotmail.com says...
> Do drives actually work at these speeds now?  It used to be that they
> wouldn't go over 4x.  Also, I have several discs that vibrate in the
> drive - but none of them are the CD-Rs I've put full circular labels
> on?

The only drives I have that do it are the generic drives, and my
Pioneer DvD burner.

CDs in the cheap 48x and 50x drive wind right up to incredible speeds
(dont know if they actually reach 48x or 50x but they REALLY scream
for a while when you put a disk in).

As I have said, it hasnt caused me any trouble, but disks with stick
on labels vibrate more most of the time (not longer, just harder).

My concern is for the people that BUY the disks, they may not care
for the extra vibration when the disk first spins up in the drive, so
I dont put labels on them, problem solved, BEFORE it happens.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
Just Allan <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

>Do drives actually work at these speeds now?  It used to be that they
>wouldn't go over 4x.

My 52X drive writes just fine at 52X, as long as I use media rated for that
speed. I have also had luck using slightly over speed writing (is 52X on 48x
media), but don't like to do that.

Getting the proper media is so cheap and easy these days, there is no point in
running a risk of a bad disk.

Reading data disks at 52X works as well. You can hear it spin up.

Burning at 52X makes it possible for me to "capture" a web broadcast overnight,
burn it to a disk in ~2 minutes in the morning and have something good to listen
to in the car all day...
0
Clark
2/24/2004 3:08:40 AM
<< From: Just Allan justallan@COLDhotmail.com
Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2004 7:01 AM

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:20:32 -0500, Larry <slick@slide.net> wrote:

>> The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for presentation and
>> commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.
>
>Thats the problem, and its why I might get one of those "ribbon" type cd
printers.  If used
>on a high quality blank, they look fairly profesional, and I doubt the small
ammount of
>weight (or adhesive) the lettering adds will cause problems with the disc.

I stick labels on dozens of discs for people all the time - for years
- and have had zero problems.  This may be an old wive's tale.
 >><BR><BR>
Tell that to my friend that had to have his new Ford mustang radio partially
dismantled to get the stuck CD out that I gave him with my beautiful, carefully
placed label.
0
fredbillie
2/24/2004 9:53:07 AM
I notice that the labels tend to ripple in cold weather - sitting in the
car - glad I never shove one of those in my deck.

"FredBillie" <fredbillie@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> << From: Just Allan justallan@COLDhotmail.com
> Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2004 7:01 AM
>
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:20:32 -0500, Larry <slick@slide.net> wrote:
>
> >> The price for the blanks is high. I would use it mainly for
presentation and
> >> commerical purposes where sharpies or paper labels won't deliver.
> >
> >Thats the problem, and its why I might get one of those "ribbon" type cd
> printers.  If used
> >on a high quality blank, they look fairly profesional, and I doubt the
small
> ammount of
> >weight (or adhesive) the lettering adds will cause problems with the
disc.

> I stick labels on dozens of discs for people all the time - for years
> - and have had zero problems.  This may be an old wive's tale.
>  >><BR><BR>
> Tell that to my friend that had to have his new Ford mustang radio
partially
> dismantled to get the stuck CD out that I gave him with my beautiful,
carefully
> placed label.

0
Mavrick
2/28/2004 2:40:10 AM
Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid>
wrotenews:7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:
>
>>even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will
canon
>>follow?
>>

> If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention
> of obtaining US rights for CD printing.
>
> As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers,
> not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA.

From my research so far I've discovered it's a Philips patent and that
Canon won't pay the liscensing fees in order to sell their printers in USA,
Canada and S. America that will print on dvds.

All the rest of the world's Canon Ip3000/4000s have an extra tray and
software that enables printing cdrs.

Am still investigating where I can buy the "tray B" and if it will work
with mine if I dl the japanese/english software from Japan that will give
me the cdtray option.

--
---Mapanari---
0
wrote:

>Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid>
>wrotenews:7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>>even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will

>From my research so far I've discovered it's a Philips patent and that
>Canon won't pay the liscensing fees in order to sell their printers in USA,
>Canada and S. America that will print on dvds.
>
>All the rest of the world's Canon Ip3000/4000s have an extra tray and
>software that enables printing cdrs.

I think that other Pixma models sold outside the USA etc also have the
extra tray.  I seem to recall reading a post where someone compared
his USA Canon Pixma printer with a European model, and discovered that
the case plastics are different.  The US models don't have a "cutout"
to accept the "B" tray.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm assuming (yes?  no?) that the CD tray
moves the CD under the printhead in the "X" direction while the
printhead moves back and forth in the "Y" direction.  If so, then
there would need to be some kind of motor or roller to accomplish this
motion.  I'm going to guess further that this motor or roller is not
installed in the USA models.  Just a guess.  Can anyone confirm?

>Am still investigating where I can buy the "tray B" and if it will work
>with mine if I dl the japanese/english software from Japan that will give
>me the cdtray option.

Assuming that I'm wrong, where/how do you buy the "B" tray and where
do you d/l the Japanese/English software?  How do you load this
software into the printer?

0
Lady
4/4/2005 8:43:52 PM
Lady Margaret Thatcher <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
wrotenews:7e9351p4592e6ghmu9jr99kv1iputc3rm8@4ax.com:

> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:35:47 -0000, Mapanari <whosthat@anonmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid>
>>wrotenews:7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com:

>>From my research so far I've discovered it's a Philips patent and that
>>Canon won't pay the liscensing fees in order to sell their printers in
>>USA, Canada and S. America that will print on dvds.
>>
>>All the rest of the world's Canon Ip3000/4000s have an extra tray and
>>software that enables printing cdrs.
>
> I think that other Pixma models sold outside the USA etc also have the
> extra tray.  I seem to recall reading a post where someone compared
> his USA Canon Pixma printer with a European model, and discovered that
> the case plastics are different.  The US models don't have a "cutout"
> to accept the "B" tray.
>
> I'm just guessing here, but I'm assuming (yes?  no?) that the CD tray
> moves the CD under the printhead in the "X" direction while the
> printhead moves back and forth in the "Y" direction.  If so, then
> there would need to be some kind of motor or roller to accomplish this
> motion.  I'm going to guess further that this motor or roller is not
> installed in the USA models.  Just a guess.  Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>Am still investigating where I can buy the "tray B" and if it will work
>>with mine if I dl the japanese/english software from Japan that will
>>give me the cdtray option.
>
> Assuming that I'm wrong, where/how do you buy the "B" tray and where
> do you d/l the Japanese/English software?  How do you load this
> software into the printer?

I got a really detailed picture of the cannon b tray printer and looking
closely, I can see little teeny rollers just inside the unit where the b
tray inserts.

I presume the round dick holder slide back and forth into the printer, and
that yes, the X is in and out and the Y is left to right printing and the
little rollers advance the disk in and out.

I suspect that, from an engineering standpoint, it makes sense therfor for
some roller in the b tray to engage with the paper path rollers already in
every unit to transfer the power to the little disk-pulling/pushing
rollers.

It is my guess, looking at my USA version and the picture of the asian/euro
version, that all we need is a tray and the software, which can be dl'd
from many places already.

So, all we need to do is find a source to sell us the b-tray!

Amyone going to Grey street in Taipei sometime soon?   <s>  You could set
up show there, and sell thousands here and in S. America!  I'd pay $25 for
one.

--
---Mapanari---
0
In article <Xns96466BA43ECCmapi@216.168.3.64>, Mapanari <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote:
>Lady Margaret Thatcher <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
>wrotenews:7e9351p4592e6ghmu9jr99kv1iputc3rm8@4ax.com:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:35:47 -0000, Mapanari <whosthat@anonmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid>
>>>wrotenews:7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com:

>>>From my research so far I've discovered it's a Philips patent and that
>>>Canon won't pay the liscensing fees in order to sell their printers in
>>>USA, Canada and S. America that will print on dvds.
>>>
>>>All the rest of the world's Canon Ip3000/4000s have an extra tray and
>>>software that enables printing cdrs.
>>
>> I think that other Pixma models sold outside the USA etc also have the
>> extra tray.  I seem to recall reading a post where someone compared
>> his USA Canon Pixma printer with a European model, and discovered that
>> the case plastics are different.  The US models don't have a "cutout"
>> to accept the "B" tray.
>>
>> I'm just guessing here, but I'm assuming (yes?  no?) that the CD tray
>> moves the CD under the printhead in the "X" direction while the
>> printhead moves back and forth in the "Y" direction.  If so, then
>> there would need to be some kind of motor or roller to accomplish this
>> motion.  I'm going to guess further that this motor or roller is not
>> installed in the USA models.  Just a guess.  Can anyone confirm?
>>>
>>>Am still investigating where I can buy the "tray B" and if it will work
>>>with mine if I dl the japanese/english software from Japan that will
>>>give me the cdtray option.
>>
>> Assuming that I'm wrong, where/how do you buy the "B" tray and where
>> do you d/l the Japanese/English software?  How do you load this
>> software into the printer?
>>

>I got a really detailed picture of the cannon b tray printer and looking
>closely, I can see little teeny rollers just inside the unit where the b
>tray inserts.
>
>I presume the round dick holder slide back and forth into the printer, and
>that yes, the X is in and out and the Y is left to right printing and the
>little rollers advance the disk in and out.

I sure hope the above comment was a typo!!!!
0
glenzabr
5/6/2005 6:44:06 AM
On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:44:06 GMT, glenzabr@nospamhere.xmission.com
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <Xns96466BA43ECCmapi@216.168.3.64>, Mapanari <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote:
>>Lady Margaret Thatcher <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
>>wrotenews:7e9351p4592e6ghmu9jr99kv1iputc3rm8@4ax.com:

>>> I think that other Pixma models sold outside the USA etc also have the
>>> extra tray.  I seem to recall reading a post where someone compared
>>> his USA Canon Pixma printer with a European model, and discovered that
>>> the case plastics are different.  The US models don't have a "cutout"
>>> to accept the "B" tray.
>>>
>>> I'm just guessing here, but I'm assuming (yes?  no?) that the CD tray
>>> moves the CD under the printhead in the "X" direction while the
>>> printhead moves back and forth in the "Y" direction.  If so, then
>>> there would need to be some kind of motor or roller to accomplish this
>>> motion.  I'm going to guess further that this motor or roller is not
>>> installed in the USA models.  Just a guess.  Can anyone confirm?

>>> Assuming that I'm wrong, where/how do you buy the "B" tray and where
>>> do you d/l the Japanese/English software?  How do you load this
>>> software into the printer?
>>>

>>I got a really detailed picture of the cannon b tray printer and looking
>>closely, I can see little teeny rollers just inside the unit where the b
>>tray inserts.

Typos aside, can you see if the "teensy rollers" are attached to
anything, a motor perhaps?

>>I presume the round dick holder slide back and forth into the printer, and
>>that yes, the X is in and out and the Y is left to right printing and the
>>little rollers advance the disk in and out.
>>

>I sure hope the above comment was a typo!!!!

0
Lady
5/7/2005 6:27:41 AM
glenzabr@nospamhere.xmission.com (GMAN)
wrotenews:d5f3o6$i2d$1@news.xmission.com:

> In article <Xns96466BA43ECCmapi@216.168.3.64>, Mapanari
> <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote:
>>Lady Margaret Thatcher <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
>>wrotenews:7e9351p4592e6ghmu9jr99kv1iputc3rm8@4ax.com:

>>> I think that other Pixma models sold outside the USA etc also have the
>>> extra tray.  I seem to recall reading a post where someone compared
>>> his USA Canon Pixma printer with a European model, and discovered that
>>> the case plastics are different.  The US models don't have a "cutout"
>>> to accept the "B" tray.
>>>
>>> I'm just guessing here, but I'm assuming (yes?  no?) that the CD tray
>>> moves the CD under the printhead in the "X" direction while the
>>> printhead moves back and forth in the "Y" direction.  If so, then
>>> there would need to be some kind of motor or roller to accomplish this
>>> motion.  I'm going to guess further that this motor or roller is not
>>> installed in the USA models.  Just a guess.  Can anyone confirm?

>>> Assuming that I'm wrong, where/how do you buy the "B" tray and where
>>> do you d/l the Japanese/English software?  How do you load this
>>> software into the printer?
>>>

>>I got a really detailed picture of the cannon b tray printer and looking
>>closely, I can see little teeny rollers just inside the unit where the b
>>tray inserts.
>>
>>I presume the round dick holder slide back and forth into the printer,
>>and that yes, the X is in and out and the Y is left to right printing
>>and the little rollers advance the disk in and out.
>>

> I sure hope the above comment was a typo!!!!

Nope.  I like to slide in a nice, tight little typo into my slick and
supple verbose musings at times.

--
---Mapanari---
0

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > >Thanks. > > > On Holidays wrote: > I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and > thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing > ????? > > Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > > Thanks. They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth countries). -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: >On Holidays wrote: > > >>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. >> >>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

Non-US store that will ship a Canon printer to US?
I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs, whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this. I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that doesn't work. Way, way, way too many hits. Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a web/mail order store that will ship a printer to the US? Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon printer? Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras from Hong Kong in the late 60s.) Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto CDs, using a USA version of the printer? Thanks in advance "Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com... > I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs, > whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this. > > I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that > doesn't work. Way, way, way too many hits. > > Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a web/mail order > store that will ship a printer to the US? Do you need a 110V model? << From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com> ...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

Wanted: Printer/Scanner/CD./DVD printer
Any recommendations? Canon MP600, $99 from www.outpost.com (Fry's) or MP610, $150 from Canon online store (free ground shipping). They are identical. Period. Check out these DVD prints I made from MP600 with a home-made CD tray. Notice how accurately the images are centered. See my earlier post for how to make the tray easily. Scanned these on MP600. http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4asiCaI/AAAAAAAAANQ/AOqMvf7-7V4/s800/dvdmovie.JPG http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4asiCbI/AAAAAAAAANY/n_OM_GAXwVs/s800/dvdcollection.JPG Trevor wrote: > Any recommendations? ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

Printer Ink

Canon i905d cd printer
I imported a Canon i905d Cd printer with the 2" lcd screen with AC converter. Used it about 10 times. Prints faster and better then the epson on CDs. I just do not have the time to convert all my Cd artwork over to a format that will work on the Canon. send offers to hackasack1@hotmail.com if interested. ...

canon s400 printer not printing
I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer refuses to print??? The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional. J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote: >I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer >refuses to print??? >The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional. We need more information? Which operating system, which driver did you download? What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC? And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error messages? Tony MS MVP Printing/Imaging Hi Tony...

Which A3 cd print printer?
would you recommend? Need to have: - high quality photo print an all of paper, -cheap ink, - memory card slot(optional) and - price for aprox. 450 euro's. ...

Web resources about - why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us? - comp.periphs.printers

Capability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A capability is the ability to perform or achieve certain actions or outcomes through a set of controllable and measurable faculties, features, ...

Nuvi Adds Publishing Capability to Social Media Monitoring and Visualization Platform
Real-time social media listening and reporting solution Nuvi added publishing to its arsenal, announcing Wednesday that users of its social media ...

Instagram adds 5 new filters, slo-mo video capability
While some Instagram users (on iOS) can speed up video with Hyperlapse , now all Instagram users can slow their videos down, with a slo-mo video ...

Commercial Crew Transportation Capability (201409160007HQ) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... spacecraft, at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla. on Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014. These Commercial Crew Transportation Capability ...

Unknown Capability Recordings - YouTube
Unknown Capability Recordings is an independent record label based in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: Top-end capability that fits in your pocket
The soon to be released smartphone is just like the Z3 Dual, only smaller and cheaper.

Audit blasts Queensland departments' disaster recovery capability
The Queensland government department responsible for IT's own computer systems have been found wanting when it comes to disaster recovery.

Samsung unveils 8-inch tablet with phone capability
Samsung has unveiled an eight-inch tablet with phone call capability to rival Apple's recently launched iPad mini and to cement its market dominance ...

Pies side has capability to win flag
NATHAN Buckley loves nothing more than a challenge.

Apple launches new iPad with higher resolution screen, and a new Apple TV with HD capability
APPLE's new iPad will go on sale in Australia from next Friday.