xerox phaser 8400 color printer - any owners here? what is its normal 'bootup/self test' order?

I've acquired a xerox phaser 8400 that appears intact and complete, but
has no inks in it. all I know is it supposedly has 'some sort of
problem' but the specifics of the problem it has is unknown. 'past
history' or additional specifics on the machine not unavailable.

my question is: if I plug it in, and turn it on (with no inks in it),
will it -first- tell me to 'add inks' -or- will it "throw whatever error
code it's going to throw" PRIOR to telling me to add inks?

in other words, I don't want to buy a set of ink-blocks to test it =if=
it's -also- going to require a "way expensive" part, or if it's going to
"throw an error code" indicating some other insurmountable problem PRIOR
to using it...

thanks, guys, for your help on this,

toolie

- -
ps - replies by e-mail, if any, please remove the weird stuff from my
address before clicking 'send' - thanks :-)
- -
0
dave

In article <2gLsh.1341$rZ2.65@newsfe14.lga>,
 dave <tool_box@weirdstuffcox.net> wrote:

> my question is: if I plug it in, and turn it on (with no inks in it),
> will it -first- tell me to 'add inks' -or- will it "throw whatever error
> code it's going to throw" PRIOR to telling me to add inks?

Gee--why don't you try it and tell US?

You've acquired the printer already, right?

0
Elmo
1/21/2007 4:56:41 PM
I think it uses some other replenishables besides ink as well such as a
waste tray and maintenance kit.  The new 8500 at $500 may not cost much more
than the supplies for yours.  Probably the owner found it better to buy new.

"dave" <tool_box@weirdstuffcox.net> wrote in message
> I've acquired a xerox phaser 8400 that appears intact and complete, but
> has no inks in it. all I know is it supposedly has 'some sort of problem'
> but the specifics of the problem it has is unknown. 'past history' or
> additional specifics on the machine not unavailable.
>
> my question is: if I plug it in, and turn it on (with no inks in it), will
> it -first- tell me to 'add inks' -or- will it "throw whatever error code
> it's going to throw" PRIOR to telling me to add inks?
>
> in other words, I don't want to buy a set of ink-blocks to test it =if=
> it's -also- going to require a "way expensive" part, or if it's going to
> "throw an error code" indicating some other insurmountable problem PRIOR
> to using it...
>
> thanks, guys, for your help on this,
>
> toolie
>
> - -
> ps - replies by e-mail, if any, please remove the weird stuff from my
> address before clicking 'send' - thanks :-)
> - -

0
Pat

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y&qu...

'^=' and '~='?

'Production' and 'Test'
Would like have your opinion if you will allow your 'Test' environment to be setup with a different O/S or database version from 'Production' environment? It's a request raised from our infrastructure manager when our company needs to have a new 'Production' server and she insisted to install WIN2003 instead of WIN2000 which run in S1/S2. Her assertion was, after a few years, we still need to migrate S1/S2 to WIN2003 so we can save time to migrate S3 at that time and also we can identify the migration issues in advance when implement application in S3. But my opin...

Application not getting launced when Printer Driver renamed with '-' or '/' charectars
Hi all, I am launching my application from command line with command "C:\XXXX\App.exe" /pt 127.0.0.1 "PDname". where PDname is name of printer driver. But it is not getting launched when I rename PDname with - or / charectars in the starting like -pdname or /pdname. I have debugged the code and there is some problem with CWinApp::ParseCommandLine(m_cmdInfo); m_cmdInfo.m_strDriverName is NULL is the case when I rename PDname with '-' or '/' charectars in starting in other cases it is PrinterDrivershell name. Is anybody having an ...

Printer driver for Epson Stylus 200 'Color'?
Which of the many Epson drivers Printers provides is appropriate for this printer? There doesn't seem to be one designated for it. Trying to get an old one going, but if I'm not sending the appropriate signals ... - not much chance! Anyone using one? John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate In messag...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal''''''''''''''
Hello fellow programmers, I am trying to run an append/update query from code, a command button on a form initiates the queries. the format i am using is; _____________________________________________________ SELECT "criteria" FROM "criteria" WHERE "criteria" UPDATE/APPEND "field selections" RecordSource "qryExample" = above text strings" _______________________________________________________________________ When i am running a SELECT query in this manner it works fine with no problems, and accepts the values of specified linked for...

Are there 'Null' and 'not equal to' test?
Are there 'Null' and 'not equal to' operator that I can use in xsl:if statements? I assume that there must be, but I can't figure out the syntax. For example: <xsl:if test="@title DOES NOT EQUAL 'Little Red Riding Hood'"><xsl:value-of select="@title"></xsl:if> and <xsl:if test="books/humor IS NULL">Category is empty.</xsl:if> Thanks, -James Porthos wrote: > Are there 'Null' and 'not equal to' operator that I can use in xsl:if > statements? <xsl:if test="@title"...

Debian 'testing' and 'unstable'
In a previous post I think I got the functions of the testing and unstable branches of Debian arse-backwards. If so, sorry for any confusion, folks. -- Kier On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:55:24 +0100, kier wrote: > In a previous post I think I got the functions of the testing and unstable > branches of Debian arse-backwards. If so, sorry for any confusion, folks. Does it really matter? Debian is antiquated, unstable garbage. No wonder it's free. Stephan Simonsen wrote: > On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:55:24 +0100, kier wrote: > > >>In a previous post I think I got the fun...

how to 'save' and 'recall' colors?
Hello I fill my rectangle with specified color, but i want to 'save' old color before filling rectangle with new color, and after filling, restore old color. How to do it ? Thanx In comp.windows.x, vertigo <none@microsoft.com> wrote on Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:46:46 +0100 <bpt5n6$e9m$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>: > Hello > I fill my rectangle with specified color, but i want to 'save' old color > before filling rectangle with new color, and after filling, restore old > color. How to do it ? > > Thanx > Your question is slight...

Help with 'self' and 'set_usage'
Hi all, I'm interning and have been given the job of extending a program that has b= een written by someone else. I've never used Python before so it's a bit of= a struggle but I've got to say I'm loving the language so far. In on of the scripts there is def set_usage(self,s): self.usage_str =3D s Could anyone shed some light on this? I can't find mention of this anywhere= in any Python documentation or anywhere else in the code where usage_str m= ight be defined. Can you just create variables in that object by writing se= lf.name =3D "david"...

A 'reconstructing' printer
Hi I am not sure if this is feasible or if someone has done something similar, but I looking for something to help 'reconstruct' scheme code that has already been through an expander. Example During expansion: (let ((x #f)) x) => ((lambda (x) x) #f) Now I am looking for something that can (but not need to) do the reverse. ((lambda (x) x) #f) => (let ((x #f)) x) Help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks leppie leppie wrote: > I am not sure if this is feasible or if someone has done something > similar, but I looking for something to help 'reconstruct' sche...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wron...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

Web resources about - xerox phaser 8400 color printer - any owners here? what is its normal 'bootup/self test' order? - comp.periphs.printers