Z1300 Update: InkStop Does Right, but Are They Right?

Well, I hauled the nonfunctioning Lexmark 34/35 "compatibles" back to
InkStop this afternoon.  Guess Kid Behind the Counter from Saturday
must be back in school.  His BIg Sister, who sold me the original
pair, was back.  Only today she was accompanied by Gramps, who I guess
runs the place.  Both of them repeated Kid's suggestion that I trade
in their cartridges for a pair of OEMs, but to their credit and their
company's, they didn't hesitate to refund my money when I told them
I'd already bought OEMs elsewhere.

Anyway, Gramps says they get around 4 per cent returns on their
compatibles.  He again repeats Kid's explanation that "some printers
just can't use them."  I wonder why.  Assuming these *were* the right
cartridges and were still in good working condition to start with,
what could have been done to them in the process of merely shooting
more ink into them that would convince the printer or operating system
they were "invalid?"  Even if they do have some kind of chip in them,
how can it tell the difference between "genuine Lexmark" ink and
something else?  My suspicion is still that these cartridges were
really a 32 and 33, respectively, and got mislabled.  Either that or
InkStop is contracting with a real butcher of a remanufacturer who's
not testing the cartridges electrically (thus not catching those that
have been run dry and have burned-out printheads) before going to the
trouble of refilling them, and certainly isn't bothering with pulling
enough of them from their finished production runs for adequate
quality testing.

I don't mean to sound here like I'm bashing InkStop.  After all, they
did right by me when I returned the non-working cartridges, and they
deserve kudos for that.  I'm just trying to understand why they didn't
work.

Anyone else out there with a Z1300 having a problem using compatibles
or DIY refills?
0
spammenot

spammenot@mailinator.com wrote:
> Well, I hauled the nonfunctioning Lexmark 34/35 "compatibles" back to
> InkStop this afternoon.  Guess Kid Behind the Counter from Saturday
> must be back in school.  His BIg Sister, who sold me the original
> pair, was back.  Only today she was accompanied by Gramps, who I guess
> runs the place.  Both of them repeated Kid's suggestion that I trade
> in their cartridges for a pair of OEMs, but to their credit and their
> company's, they didn't hesitate to refund my money when I told them
> I'd already bought OEMs elsewhere.
>
> Anyway, Gramps says they get around 4 per cent returns on their
> compatibles.
He must have forgot the 0 after the 4.
> He again repeats Kid's explanation that "some printers
> just can't use them."  I wonder why.
Because they are junk
> Assuming these *were* the right
> cartridges and were still in good working condition to start with,
> what could have been done to them in the process of merely shooting
> more ink into them that would convince the printer or operating system
> they were "invalid?"  Even if they do have some kind of chip in them,
> how can it tell the difference between "genuine Lexmark" ink and
> something else?  My suspicion is still that these cartridges were
> really a 32 and 33, respectively, and got mislabled.
Why are you surprised.  That is typically what you get from fly by niters.
> Either that or
> InkStop is contracting with a real butcher of a remanufacturer
They like their competitors will not tell you where they get the crap.
> who's
> not testing the cartridges electrically

Do you think they are going to do that in China.  And when they do and
it is bad they will still ship and say it is good.
> (thus not catching those that
> have been run dry and have burned-out printheads) before going to the
> trouble of refilling them, and certainly isn't bothering with pulling
> enough of them from their finished production runs for adequate
> quality testing.
>
> I don't mean to sound here like I'm bashing InkStop.
Thats OK.  Do it.
> After all, they
> did right by me when I returned the non-working cartridges, and they
> deserve kudos for that.  I'm just trying to understand why they didn't
> work.
>
> Anyone else out there with a Z1300
Lexmark is garbage to begin with so it really makes little difference
what you use.
>  having a problem using compatibles
> or DIY refills?

0
measekite
8/26/2008 4:07:45 AM
On Aug 25, 9:17 pm, spamme...@mailinator.com wrote:
> Well, I hauled the nonfunctioning Lexmark 34/35 "compatibles" back to
> InkStop this afternoon.  Guess Kid Behind the Counter from Saturday
> must be back in school.  His BIg Sister, who sold me the original
> pair, was back.  Only today she was accompanied by Gramps, who I guess
> runs the place.  Both of them repeated Kid's suggestion that I trade
> in their cartridges for a pair of OEMs, but to their credit and their
> company's, they didn't hesitate to refund my money when I told them
> I'd already bought OEMs elsewhere.
>
> Anyway, Gramps says they get around 4 per cent returns on their
> compatibles.  He again repeats Kid's explanation that "some printers
> just can't use them."  I wonder why.  Assuming these *were* the right
> cartridges and were still in good working condition to start with,
> what could have been done to them in the process of merely shooting
> more ink into them that would convince the printer or operating system
> they were "invalid?"  Even if they do have some kind of chip in them,
> how can it tell the difference between "genuine Lexmark" ink and
> something else?  My suspicion is still that these cartridges were
> really a 32 and 33, respectively, and got mislabled.  Either that or
> InkStop is contracting with a real butcher of a remanufacturer who's
> not testing the cartridges electrically (thus not catching those that
> have been run dry and have burned-out printheads) before going to the
> trouble of refilling them, and certainly isn't bothering with pulling
> enough of them from their finished production runs for adequate
> quality testing.
>
> I don't mean to sound here like I'm bashing InkStop.  After all, they
> did right by me when I returned the non-working cartridges, and they
> deserve kudos for that.  I'm just trying to understand why they didn't
> work.
>
> Anyone else out there with a Z1300 having a problem using compatibles
> or DIY refills?

If you refill carts, you soon learn that they sometimes don't work.
They wear out, burn out, clog and more. This can happen on the first
refill or the 10th. For more information on why they fail, Google the
ink refill sites.
0
Al
<head>
</head>
Al Bundy wrote:
 cite="mid:78031b13-c402-43e4-ab13-511fe9369189@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Aug 25, 9:17 pm, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:spamme...@mailinator.com">spamme...@mailinator.com</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Well, I hauled the nonfunctioning Lexmark 34/35 "compatibles" back to
[...]

That is true<br>
 cite="mid:78031b13-c402-43e4-ab13-511fe9369189@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">They wear out, burn out, clog and more.</pre>
Oh Yeah<br>
 cite="mid:78031b13-c402-43e4-ab13-511fe9369189@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""> This can happen on the first
refill or the 10th. For more information on why they fail, Google the
ink refill sites.
  </pre>
They do not want you to know the truth.&nbsp; For that read PC World<br>
0
measekite
8/26/2008 4:05:49 PM
First off, were they "compatible" cartridges or refilled lexmark
cartridges?? There is a huge difference. Compatible cartridges are new
cartridges made by a different manufacturer than the one that made your
printer and aren't made to the same specifications. I've worked in the
industry for over 12 years and i would never put a compatible in my
printer, they often fail. They are total garbage imo. If the cartridges
were refilled lexmark cartridges then yes, whomever refilled them should
have tested each and every cartridge that they refilled to make sure the
electronics were not damaged. They are delicate and can go out like a
light bulb, so you have to test everyone you refill.

0
Rusty
3/28/2009 4:37:02 AM

Rusty wrote:
> First off, were they "compatible" cartridges or refilled lexmark
> cartridges?? There is a huge difference. Compatible cartridges are new
> cartridges made by a different manufacturer than the one that made your
> printer and aren't made to the same specifications.

First of all, you DO realize that you're responding to a thread posted
seven months ago, don't you?

Second, I can't be sure but I'd guess the cartridges were refills on
the basis of their selling price and the likelihood that Lexmark would
sue anyone actually manufacturing copies of any of their current carts
out the wazoo on intellectual property protection grounds.

> I've worked in the
> industry for over 12 years and i would never put a compatible in my
> printer, they often fail. They are total garbage imo. If the cartridges
> were refilled lexmark cartridges then yes, whomever refilled them should
> have tested each and every cartridge that they refilled to make sure the
> electronics were not damaged. They are delicate and can go out like a
> light bulb, so you have to test everyone you refill.

Whatever.  Anyway I'm still convinced the cartridges didn't work
because they were mislabeled as a 34 and 35 when they were likely a 32
and 33 in reality.  The Z1300 won't work with the later carts.  The
confusion stems from the fact that the later cartridges are backward
compatible with the earlier ones, but the older carts AREN'T forward
compatible with newer printers.  That is, any printer that took 32/33
can use 34/35 but the converse isn't necessarily true.  New printers
designed for 34/35 can't use 32/33.  Apparently there's more of a
difference between the newer and older carts than just that the newer
ones hold more ink.
0
spammenot
3/28/2009 5:10:16 PM
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 23:37:02 -0500, Rusty wrote:

> First off, were they "compatible" cartridges or refilled lexmark
>
> cartridges?? There is a huge difference. Compatible cartridges are new
>
> cartridges made by a different manufacturer than the one that made your
>
> printer and aren't made to the same specifications. I've worked in the
>
> industry for over 12 years and i would never put a compatible in my
>
> printer, they often fail. They are total garbage imo. If the cartridges
>
> were refilled lexmark cartridges then yes, whomever refilled them should
>
> have tested each and every cartridge that they refilled to make sure the
>
> electronics were not damaged. They are delicate and can go out like a
>
> light bulb, so you have to test everyone you refill.

It is all garbage.  Compatible is an over used meaningless term used by
fly by nite to sell their crap to others.
0
measekite
3/29/2009 6:48:28 AM
measekite wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 23:37:02 -0500, Rusty wrote:
>
>> First off, were they "compatible" cartridges or refilled lexmark
>>
>> cartridges?? There is a huge difference. Compatible cartridges are new
>>
>> cartridges made by a different manufacturer than the one that made your
>>
>> printer and aren't made to the same specifications. I've worked in the
>>
>> industry for over 12 years and i would never put a compatible in my
>>
>> printer, they often fail. They are total garbage imo. If the cartridges
>>
>> were refilled lexmark cartridges then yes, whomever refilled them should
>>
>> have tested each and every cartridge that they refilled to make sure the
>>
>> electronics were not damaged. They are delicate and can go out like a
>>
>> light bulb, so you have to test everyone you refill.
>
> It is all garbage.

You mean your brain or your stupid uninformed opinion...or both?

   Compatible is an over used meaningless term used by
> fly by nite to sell their crap to others.

Reading comprehension seems to be your biggest problem.
Of course, being brain dead doesn't help does it!...LOL!

0
Frank

Right time at the right place.
Hello fellow computer and internet user, Its our time to EARN residual income from the computer repair and internet expensis we have.I don't want to waste important your time, just give me a chance to reveal these honest to goodness "Internet Money Earning Secrets!". Our system is AUTOMATED so you don't have to worry about personal rejection. And, when you do find someone who's really serious about improving their finances, our automated system presents your business opportunity to them, one step at a time. People that have read this same email just 1-2 months ago, are...

Microsoft and rights management. right...
What M$ has in store for you. http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget In article <jpolaski-457F9F.17031301102003@netnews.attbi.com>, Jim Polaski wrote: > What M$ has in store for you. > > http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 Gosh...Microsoft providing what the customers want. How evil of them. -- ...

Right time at the right place.
Hello fellow computer and internet user, Its our time to EARN residual income from the computer repair and internet expensis we have.I don't want to waste important your time, just give me a chance to reveal these honest to goodness "Internet Money Earning Secrets!". Our system is AUTOMATED so you don't have to worry about personal rejection. And, when you do find someone who's really serious about improving their finances, our automated system presents your business opportunity to them, one step at a time. People that have read this same email just 1-2 months ago, ...

Right Tool for the Right Job
I use a Macbook 15." Why? Because it works. I had a Windows failure when I was traveling and I made the switch. At home I have a Vista Ultimate 64 machine, that I use for video editing. It is a Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM, two Seagate 320GB SATA drives configured in a RAID 1 (mirrored) volume. However I got that copy of Vista U. for free - thank you MS Action Pack! I also used to use FreeBSD and Ubuntu - until a drive failed. I never restored the system. I used the Linux machine all thought my masters degree - thanks to OpenOffice. I never had a compatibility problem when I ...

RESOUR> [NetGold] HUMAN RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS: ORGANIZATIONS: Human Rights Watch
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thursday, December 18, 2003 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] HUMAN RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS: ORGANIZATIONS: Human Rights Watch ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:08:14 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> Reply-To: NetGold@yahoogroups.com To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] HUMAN RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS...

The right criticisms for the right OS (and/or its users)
I'm sure everyone will agree that Windows 7 flat-out rocks. No? Well, get a life, then. But yeah, Vista was the Windows Me of NT- based OSes, and now they're quickly putting XP out to pasture, when it's still the most widely used OS, and those are fair criticisms of Microsoft. (Then again, in Vista's case, they would have at some point had to release it - and it never would've gotten good enough until after it was released. That's unfortunately part of the game they were playing, but it was worth it to get past the initial rewrite, and achieve Win7. The NT/2000/XP ...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I&#...

block the right port on the right ip
hi,i know in some countries, several people share the same ip but different ports, so i think "block ip only" is not appropriate. may we should just block the right port at the right ip.does anybody there agree with me? samplestrategy@gmail.com dixit: > hi,i know in some countries, several people share the same ip but > different ports, In order to share the same physical IP address, you gotta have a router that supports NAT or some other protocol that will translate between public (physical) and virtual (private) IP addresses. So, the rule is, a host...

setuid right without execution rights
Hello, I saw that you can give setuid rights to a file without execution right. What's the point of this ? In article <422d7f6d$0$17144$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Jeremy <sargon@no-log.org.spamno> wrote: > Hello, > I saw that you can give setuid rights to a file without execution right. > What's the point of this ? What OS are we talking about? The way you talk about this leads me to believe you may not come from a UNIX background. On MacOS X, the chmod man page says (the set-user-ID-on-execution bit) Executable files with this bit set will run w...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Compose key on right alt + right ctrl
Hello all. I use xorg 7.2 with the German keyboard layout (no dead keys). The relevant section from my xorg.conf: Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Keyboard1" Driver "kbd" Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30" Option "XkbRules" "xorg" Option "XkbModel" "pc105" Option "XkbLayout" "de" Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys" Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps,eurosign:e" EndSection Now I'd like to ...

It is right?
*** Problem: [knuth's book 1 page 19 exercise 5][21] A prime number is an integer > 1 th= at has no divisor other than 1 and itself. Using this definition and mathem= atical induction, prove that every integer > 1 may be written as a product = of one or more prime number. (Aprime number is considered to be the "produ= ct" of a single prime, namely itself.) *** what I discover: Let two number n as n =3D P(ai) as product of i prime number ai n+1 =3D P(aj) where we want prove that aj are prime=20 n =3D n +1 -1 P(ai) =3D P(aj) -1 P(aj) - P(ai) =3D 1 (P(aj) / P...

Rights
I have a basic question regarding rights. What level of rights do I have to have to grant another user update rights? I don't want to give everyone owner rights. Can a person with update rights grant another person update rights? Thanks. "Chris_M" <cmcclendon@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:d6cef4db.0311260956.5893b978@posting.google.com... > I have a basic question regarding rights. What level of rights do I > have to have to grant another user update rights? I don't want to > give everyone owner rights. Can a person with update rights grant >...

is this right?
hello! I'm trying to add many images, in the same figure then I try to get the standard deviation & contast.... I began with this: To read in the raw image data, For example, a 640x480 set of 10 images: % f=fopen('filename','rb'); % I=reshape(fread(fp,640*480*10,'uchar'),[640 480 10]); % fclose(f); Now I compute the contrast for a 7x7 region for all 10 files Nf=10; SC=zeros(size(I)); for i=1:Nf, SC(:,:,i)=colfilt(I(:,:,i),[7 7],'sliding',contrast); end Now I get the average the 10 files together SCm=mean(SC,3); why it does nor work, and how I ...

Web resources about - Z1300 Update: InkStop Does Right, but Are They Right? - comp.periphs.printers