HP scanner software & Cannon scanner

I have a Canon scanner.  Software went bad,  so I installed software from my
old HP scanner.  Li'l problem:  software won't initialize.  Now what?  Ideas
appreciated.  TIA   clueless1

0
wh
7/23/2003 2:21:52 AM
comp.periphs.scanners 6113 articles. 0 followers. use_my_web_form (7) is leader. Post Follow

In article <4jmTa.59392$R92.12228@news2.central.cox.net>,
covington13@cox.net says...
> I have a Canon scanner.  Software went bad,  so I installed software from my
> old HP scanner.  Li'l problem:  software won't initialize.  Now what?  Ideas
> appreciated.  TIA   clueless1

Scanning interfaces are manufacturer specific.
Can't you download or get replacement CD for the Canon software?

Mac
0
Mac

SCSI to scanner & USB to scanner ?????
Hello all, I have a few Ricoh IS420 Scanners, they all work from a SCSI card & SCSI cable in my computers (98/ME/XP). I believe the cable end is called a "HD50" pin connector. Question is: My laptop will not allow a SCSI "card to be put in it, they sell (and I have seen on EBay) a USB to SCSI 50HD connector. Has anyone ever tried this way? I bought a USB to Centronics Printer cable & it worked fine with a HP LaserJet 4050 & a LaserJet 4, it would be soooo nice if the USB to SCSI worked! Thanks so much, DE I'm not sure what you mean ...

HP 6110 "scanner failure - turn off & on again" "Errore scanner
As stated here: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Before to trash your printer try to open it, with a bit of attention it is practicable, and clean the scanner equipment. Sticks, glasses and mirrors, all is accessible. I guess this is the main solution to this problem. -- Come potete vedere qui: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Prima di buttare la vostra stampante provate ad aprirla e a pulire tutte le parti relative alla funzionalit=E0 di scansione. Aste, vetri e specchi, tutto =E8 accessibile. Credo che questa sia la soluzione principale a quest...

FIX: HP 6110 "scanner failure - turn off & on again" "Errore scanner
As stated here: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Before to trash your printer try to open it, with a bit of attention it is practicable, and clean the scanner equipment. Sticks, glasses and mirrors, all is accessible. I guess this is the main solution to this problem. -- Come potete vedere qui: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Prima di buttare la vostra stampante provate ad aprirla e a pulire tutte le parti relative alla funzionalit=E0 di scansione. Aste, vetri e specchi, tutto =E8 accessibile. Credo che questa sia la soluzione ...

HP Scanner Software
I have a HP 3970 scanner.. Is there any other software available for this scanner? The software that came with it is to automatic and doesn't leave enough control to the operator. Thanks, Geno --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 ...

HP 3330 with ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Edition software
I am using ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Edition software with a HP3330 Printer/scanner/fax. When I try to use the software (scanning a document) it is asking for twain drivers, but in the menu I don't have any options (empty). I have installed the HP 3330 drivers but apparently the software cant find any!!! could anyone give a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this problem? thanks Bobby "Bobby" <bobby@royal.net> wrote in message news:427f7a8f$0$295$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk... > I am using ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Editi...

Scanner
- I want to control a scanner through MATLAB. - My current version of MATLAB is r2007b. - Through MATLAB code i want to scan a image at a particular resoltion and directly pass it to a variable. - The scanner to be used is HP ScanJet 2400. Pleas guide me for the procedure to solve the problem. Thank you in advance. "Pritam Moodbidri" <pritam2020@gmail.com> wrote in message <grifo5$c5d$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > - I want to control a scanner through MATLAB. > - My current version of MATLAB is r2007b. > - Through MATLAB code i want to scan a image at a partic...

scanner
Hi, I have an Epson perfection V30 scanner. Works fine on windows but not on VRPC. I'm told to make sure it's 'open' for compatibility which I have done but still no go.any info please. Dave. On 10/12/2012 21:26, David wrote: > Hi, I have an Epson perfection V30 scanner. Works fine on windows but > not on VRPC. I'm told to make sure it's 'open' for compatibility which > I have done but still no go.any info please. It's a USB scanner, there is no mechanism for RISC OS inside VRPC to access USB devices connected to Windows. RISC OS US...

scanner
Hallo! I'd like to use a scanner as user. As I learned needs Xsane full permission for '/dev/pass2'. FreeBSD limits this permission hardly to root. How can I change constantly that permission? Or is there another way to come around that problem? Thanks for help! Robert Robert Wildenrath wrote: > Hallo! > I'd like to use a scanner as user. > As I learned needs Xsane full permission for '/dev/pass2'. > FreeBSD limits this permission hardly to root. > How can I change constantly that permission? FreeBSD-STABLE (4.x): Just change the p...

scanner
what would be the best scaaner on the market for me to buy and would it be compatiable with any computer. "martin speirs" <speirsyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6866bcc.0312010345.7c1eb4b2@posting.google.com... > what would be the best scaaner on the market for me to buy and would > it be compatiable with any computer. Asking for the best of anything is a dangerous proposition. I think you should qualify your search by stating what you are planning on doing and what you are wiling to spend. Someone may recommend a really great film scanner for well ...

scanner
Hi all anybody get the scanner hp5370c to work under linux. I am a fairly newbie have got SuSE9.0 installed Thanks "Edwin Carroll" <edwin.carroll@nefkom.net> skrev i meddelandet news:btb6j7$eoa$1@news1.nefonline.de... > Hi all > anybody get the scanner hp5370c to work under linux. I am a fairly newbie > have got SuSE9.0 installed > > Thanks Do you have SANE installed? Take a look at: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Scanner-HOWTO/index.html Conny wrote: > > "Edwin Carroll" <edwin.carroll@nefkom.net> skrev i meddelan...

scanner
My visioneer scanner isn't being recognised by the hard drive,the USB cable has been disconnected for the last couple of weeks as I haven't got enough USB ports in the back of my computer. Now I get a window asking about the scanners BIOS settings. How can I get my scanner working again! Rob ...

Scanner
How can I acquire an image via a scanner? -- Spider "Spider" <spider56@xxxxadelphia.net> wrote: >How can I acquire an image via a scanner? Use Eztwain (http://www.dosadi.com/eztwain1.htm). It is free and it really is easy. Unfortunately the company seems to have removed the VB sample code from the web site. Email me at david at segall dot net if you want some code to get you started . On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:48:45 -0400, "Spider" <spider56@xxxxadelphia.net> wrote: >How can I acquire an image via a scanner? Scanners are usually controlled as TWAIN d...

scanner
I just got an Epson Perfection 1660 scanner, and am having trouble getting it working. When I do lsusb the device shows up, but when I do sane-find-scanner it doesnt find it. Google has turned up a few pages referring to the "scanner" module, but I think this was 2.4 kernel. I cant find that module in kernel 2.6, but if it is there someone let me know. Thanks -- Luke Albers Georgia Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering Email: gtg940r@mail.gatech.edu Web: www.lukealbers.com ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:2...

Scanner
Any suggestions for Mac OS X, must be able to do 3D objects, and if possible film negatives. Must be semi professional quality, so of reasonable dpi, for a graphic designer. Regards Brendon ...

Web resources about - HP scanner software & Cannon scanner - comp.periphs.scanners

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...