HP Scanner Software

I have a HP 3970 scanner.. Is there any other software available for this
scanner? The software that came with it is to automatic and doesn't leave
enough control to the operator.

Thanks,
Geno

---

GCMathis
10/1/2003 1:53:48 AM
comp.periphs.scanners 6113 articles. 0 followers. use_my_web_form (7) is leader. Post Follow

HP scanner software & Cannon scanner
I have a Canon scanner. Software went bad, so I installed software from my old HP scanner. Li'l problem: software won't initialize. Now what? Ideas appreciated. TIA clueless1 In article <4jmTa.59392$R92.12228@news2.central.cox.net>, covington13@cox.net says... > I have a Canon scanner. Software went bad, so I installed software from my > old HP scanner. Li'l problem: software won't initialize. Now what? Ideas > appreciated. TIA clueless1 Scanning interfaces are manufacturer specific. Can't you download or get replacement CD ...

HP 3330 with ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Edition software
I am using ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Edition software with a HP3330 Printer/scanner/fax. When I try to use the software (scanning a document) it is asking for twain drivers, but in the menu I don't have any options (empty). I have installed the HP 3330 drivers but apparently the software cant find any!!! could anyone give a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this problem? thanks Bobby "Bobby" <bobby@royal.net> wrote in message news:427f7a8f$0$295$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk... > I am using ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional Editi...

Epson scanner dialog / window stealing focus, and alternate scanner control software?
I've a document feeder on an Epson scanner, the idea of course being to scan a bundle of pages without intervention. The only problem is that at every page, the Epson scanner control dialoge window and little blue scan progress bar steals the focus. It means the PC can hardly be used for anything whilst scanning as, sometimes, a well intentioned "Enter" catches the Cancel button for the scan, or failing that there's simply this annoying blob obstructing the working window. Epson support say nothing can be done. Is there some better third party software tha...

Need HP Designjet 4200 Scanner Software
I've purchased a used 4200 wide format scanner, but it does not have its touchscreen computer so I need to run it with a dedicated PC. The seller did not have all its software. I need the software for Windows 2000. I checked the HP web site and it is not available there. I hope that some good samaritan out there will help me! Thank you for your time. robashbaugh@verizon.net schreef: > I've purchased a used 4200 wide format scanner, but it does not have > its touchscreen computer so I need to run it with a dedicated PC. The > seller did not have all its software...

Scanner software?
Is there software one can purchase to run network driven scanners? Some sort of after market app. I have XP Sp2 and have a Brother Multi FUnction printer/scanner/fax that runs on the ethernet LAN. The app that came with it does not work any longer and I thought I might be able to buy something that will with this scanner. thanks for any tips ...

HP Director for HP 4570c scanner
I have an HP 4570c scanner that I moved from one computer to install on another. Scanner and software was working fine on th old computer. When I installed it on the new computer and try to use HP Director I keep getting this message. "An error occured communicating with the scanning device.Please ensure the scanning device is connected properly and try again." I can scan a document or picture using the HP Photo and Imaging tool but the client wants the HP Director. I have installed the HP Solution Centre and I keep getting the same error message. I do not have IE7 installed. I h...

Installing HP scanner software on Win XP.....not working..help...
I have a Windows XP machine with a HP Scanjet 3500c, and when I install the software for it, I can only install it under Admin, then when I try to run it when logged in as the regular user, it says I have to be admin to use it. Is there any way around this? I've done what one HP service rep told me and changed the properties of the HP folder to what is supposed to work, but it still does not work. There next suggestion was to install it under the user login, but it won't let me do that. Greg fear wrote: > I have a Windows XP machine with a HP Scanjet 3500c, and when I ...

Software for scanner?
Is there software one can purchase to run network driven scanners? Some sort of after market app. I have XP Sp2 and have a Brother Multi FUnction printer/scanner/fax that runs on the ethernet LAN. The app that came with it does not work any longer and I thought I might be able to buy something that will with this scanner. I know XP has a wizard but Im lookign for something that is 1 step button to scan and put file on harddrive. thanks for any tips ...

HP scanner
I have a problem with hp scanner 4800 series. It was working fine til yesterday whan the wating time (when the lamp warms up) incrised up to 5 minutes I tried falowing: Update all scanner software and drivers Completley remove scaner software and drivers and install them again Change Cable I dont think it's the hardware problem beacuose the scanner is reletivly new and when I reinstaled drivers the first scan was ok, next scan again whait 5 minutes Operating system is Windows 2000 SP4 regulary updated In logs(event viewer) there is nothing relvant to scanner "Riw...

hp scanners
hp scanners ?? DO THEY SELL THEM ANYMORE ?? Please excuse my venting but have a hp scanjet 2400 and the original disk. (and Windows XP and Service Pack 2) It quit working. ok---not unusual On hp site they offer new downloads. For XP and Vista. Big 200+ mb. ok--I have fast dsl. What I can't understand is why they offer downloads that do not work ?? Everything goes ok until towards the end when it starts demanding to install various disks like HP IMAGING. Why does it not say before the download to have various disks available? One...

scanner software
I have an Epson perfection 2400. What other software that does 35mm slides is available? I tried Vuescan and it did not do slides well. "Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote: > I have an Epson perfection 2400. What other software that does 35mm slides > is available? I tried Vuescan and it did not do slides well. VueScan does better with slides when you set "Input|Media type" to "Image". Regards, Ed Hamrick Ed, can you please respond to the post above about setting filters and colours in batch mode. Thanks, Folk... ...

Which Scanner and Software
Hi I need advice on which scanner and scanning software to buy. I intend to scan in spreadsheets from paper copy and import them into an excel spreadsheet from the scan. Is this possible? PS I'm using XP O/S and have very little money to spend!! I believe you would need an OCR software (optical character recognition), any new scanner comes with it, especially a legal sized one. This also depends on your paper size as there are A3 sized scanners: 17" x 12". This is the site at which to read-up: http://www.scantips.com/ they also have the best deals on OCR software...

Scanner software
[previously posted to cs.amiga.applications] Hello I just get a used Golden-Image hand scanner. It's an old stuff that scan B/W but it might be useful. Unfortunately the discs are missing. It seems to be a soft named Touch-up. Any help welcome. TIA Rgds Xavier ...

Scanner software
New to Mac: Can anyone tell me if the HP Precision Scan program that I used in Windows will work on the MacProBook or do I need to download Mac specific software?(if so where?) To: Gred Re: Scanner software By: Gred to comp.sys.apple2 on Wed Oct 21 2009 09:24 am > New to Mac: Try newsgroup comp.sys.apple -- this is comp.sys.apple2 (for older Apple II series computers that predate the Macintosh). Your scanner software will work if you are a.) using bootcamp to boot into Windows, or b.) running a virtualization program like Fusion, Parallels or VirtualBox. Good luck. Sean Fahey ...

Web resources about - HP Scanner Software - comp.periphs.scanners

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...