laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****

I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb
2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but  both can't work
together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket
hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work
without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other
possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise
advice.

0
Hymerblain
1/19/2004 10:40:29 PM
comp.periphs.scanners 6113 articles. 0 followers. use_my_web_form (7) is leader. Post Follow

Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed.
Is your modem USB only?
If ethernet also, as one more option, you could get a PCMCIA NIC if your
laptop doesn't already have built in NIC.

Mac
0
Mac
1/19/2004 11:02:17 PM
Mac McDougald wrote:
> Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed.
> Is your modem USB only?
> If ethernet also, as one more option, you could get a PCMCIA NIC if
> your laptop doesn't already have built in NIC.
>
> Mac
Yes my modem is only USB. What do you call a NIC (sorry but I'm not a native
english speaker)? Anyway, thanks for your answer.

0
Hymerblain
1/19/2004 11:09:57 PM
In article <400c63cd$0$22335$626a54ce@news.free.fr>,
lhymerblin0is@free.fr says...
> Mac McDougald wrote:
> > Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed.
> > Is your modem USB only?
> > If ethernet also, as one more option, you could get a PCMCIA NIC if
> > your laptop doesn't already have built in NIC.
> >
> > Mac
> Yes my modem is only USB. What do you call a NIC (sorry but I'm not a native
> english speaker)? Anyway, thanks for your answer.

NIC=Network Interface Card, Ethernet Adaptor.
The current DSL modems are mostly Ethernet OR USB.
Bellsouth uses Westell for single computer or 2Wire for networking. Each
can be run from USB or Ethernet.

Mac
0
Mac
1/19/2004 11:42:47 PM
"Hymerblain" <lhymerblin0is@free.fr> wrote in message
> What do you call a NIC (sorry but I'm not a native
> english speaker)? Anyway, thanks for your answer.

NIC=Network Interface Card (PC Ethernet network card).

Bart

0
Bart

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

Scanner to USB 1.1 or 2.0
I have a Canon 1250UF hooked up to an older USB 1.1 port. I am considering installing a 2.0 card in the machine to speed up scanning. But, I am wondering if it makes any practical difference. Question: does the scanner adjust its actual scan speed to reflect the USB interface it is attached to? Or does it scan at the same speed regardless of what type of USB it is hooked up to ? The scanning process does seem s little slow, but I have nothing to compare it to. But, once the scanner has made the run across the document, the actual "transfer" and appearance on the machine it...

USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
Dear all, Could I use a win32 function to get the USB port is suport USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? I want to write a program to access the USB devices and show them is in the USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. Could everyone help me to find the function call? Or where I can find any relative information? Thanks. ---Ted Hi, Well, removable ms-dos devices such as USBs can be accessed through the \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive#. Call the API QueryDosDevice(), and get a list of all existing MS-DOS device names. You can also use the function DefineDosDevice() to define the device name as well. That said, whe...

USB 2.0 device assigned as USB 1.1
I am using RH7.3 (sort of a need so upgrading may be an issue) I have a USB 2.0 PCI card which gets recognized properly. When I plug in a USB 2.0 scanner, the scanner falls back to a USB 1.1 on the card. I cant seem to find anything regarding how to resolve this. I found a similar post (below) - but it was inconclusive. Any suggestions? (other than upgrade) Thanks cgmckeever cat /proc/bus/usb/devices ########### here is the 2.0 entry ################## T: Bus=03 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 5 B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hu...

Question: USB 1.1 vs. USB 2.0
I know that USB 2.0 is much faster than USB 1.1, but I'm wondering if there is a way to distinguish between the cables for the two. The connectors can look identical; is there some other way of determining if the cable I have is 1.1. or 2.0? Or is there a difference? Thanks for your help. On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:16:46 -0500, Preacher wrote (in article <1i2f31u.1icj5no1utlq1cN%nono@way.com>): > I know that USB 2.0 is much faster than USB 1.1, but I'm wondering if > there is a way to distinguish between the cables for the two. The > connectors can look identica...

Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1
I have two generic 4-port USB hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0 compliant. The older one is fine, works as advertised. Meanwhile the newer one sometimes shows up under the USB 2.0 root hub (i.e. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller"), or usually it shows up under the slower "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller" (USB 1.1). My motherboard (Asus M2NPV-VM) USB ports are all USB 2.0 compliant, and they individually auto-detect whether they need to switch down to USB 1.1 speeds. I'm using a Microsoft tool called UVCView under Windows XP to display the det...

USB 2.0 Device compatible to USB 1.1 port?
Dear all, I'm interested in purchasing a new scanner, but my computer does not have the newer USB 2.0 ports in the back, only the 1.1 ports. Can I safely hook up a scanner that has USB 2.0 output? Thanks! "Bogrod" <bo130@excite.com> wrote in message news:452bc0dc.0312090809.60f1cfdd@posting.google.com... > Dear all, > > I'm interested in purchasing a new scanner, but my computer does > not have the newer USB 2.0 ports in the back, only the 1.1 ports. Can > I safely hook up a scanner that has USB 2.0 output? Thanks! Yes, th...

old USB 1.0 scanner behind 2.0 hub not working (win98se)
I'm having a problem with getting a (probably USB 1.0) scanner working behind a USB 2.0 hub. Other USB 1.X devices that are not plugged into the hub work fine. The scanner has an exclamation point in Device Manager. I did find a workaround by uninstalling USB 2.0 drivers for the USB controller in Device Manager. With that, the scanner exclamation point goes away, and everything works fine (but apparently in USB 1.X mode). I get a device manager exclamation point on an "Unknown USB device" (where the USB 2.0 controller was), but two VIA 3038 controllers remain in d...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

Compatibilit� USB 2.0 et USB 1.1 avec W2K ?
Bonjour Je rencontre un PB avec l'une de mes cl�s USB qui est USB 2.0 et qui bug lorsque je la connacte sur un hub USB 1.1 : je la "vois" sur le PC mais je ne peux y transf�rer quoique ce soit, malgr� l'installation des drivers sp�cifiques. Ayant constat� qu'avec XP, chaque fois que l'on connecte un p�riph�rique USB 2.0 sur un port 1.1 XP signale qu'il peux y avoir des porbl�mes, je vous drais savoir si cela existe aussi avec W2K. Merci d'avance Sorry Pegasus Mail is NOT USB 1.x or 2.0 compliant. Dave ;-) <John.Viel@caramail.rem...

problem related to backward compatibility of usb 2.0 -> usb 1.1?
Hi, I've recently bought an external harddrive (Q - tec). It's great stuff. The hdd combines lot's of storage space and small dimensions with adequate speed because it runs on usb 2.0. Just plug it in and do whatever you feel like doing. Needless to say, I've grown attached to it. Then bad things started to happen. One night, my PC got fragged (cooked MCU on motherboard). As a result, I was forced to use my dad's computer in order to finish my work for school. It didn't have any usb 2.0 slots, so I had to make due with usb 1.1. I plugged it in, started Wi...

How to detect if an USB Flash Stick/other device supports USB 2.0 (or only 1.1) ?
Is there a way or tool which allows me to detect if a (currently plugged in) USB Stick resp other device (e.g.scanner) supports the USB version 2.0 or only USB 1.1 ? Tom ...

USB 1.0 or 1.1??
Howdy! Googled this as much as I could, but no luck. I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like to know what kind of USB port it has. The "revision" I think it's called. You know 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. I'm sure it's not 2.0 but I'd like to know if it's 1.1 or 1.0. Does anybody know of a way to tell what revision a USB port is? Or if not, does anyone know what revision is on a Toshiba 4030CDT? Penno "penno" schrieb > I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like > to know what...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

Web resources about - laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!***** - comp.periphs.scanners

Former Miss Iowa Competitor Says Donald Trump Is Guilty Of Sexism In Campaign Salaries, Trump Calls Her ...
A former Miss Iowa competitor and field organizer for the Donald Trump presidential campaign was fired after making “disparaging comments” about ...

The Oscars Can Learn A Lot From The SAG Awards 2016
Diversity reigned supreme on stage during the 2016 SAG Awards, leaving the Academy Awards with a lot to learn about the appreciation for everyone’s ...

Dozens killed in blasts near Damascus shrine
At least 60 people killed and several wounded in blasts near Sayyida Zeinab shrine in Syria's capital, monitor says.

2 Virginia Tech students charged in death of 13-year-old girl
Two Virginia Tech engineering students have been arrested in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl.

Novak Djokovic Wins Sixth Australian Open to Tie Record
With a straight-sets win over Andy Murray, Djokovic matched Roy Emerson for the most men’s titles in Melbourne and moved into a tie for fifth ...

Children Reportedly Burn to Death After Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Attack Nigerian Village, Killing 86 ...
A horrific firebomb attack in Nigeria has reportedly left 86 dead, with survivors saying children were among those targeted by the extremist ...

One shot in officer-involved shooting on Weedpatch Hwy and Farmers Lane
CHP is still on scene from an officer involved shooting that happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday at Weedpatch Hwy and Farmers Lane.

Trump picks Broncos in Super Bowl
Trump said Denver quarterback Peyton Manning is a "very, very good guy."

British pilot in Tanzania 'manoeuvred ​to save colleague​​ before death'
Three men have been arrested with others being sought after Roger Gower was killed tracking elephant poachers in helicopter

How Sir Terry Wogan became one of Britain's biggest stars
Sir Terry Wogan, pictured, was one of the most popular broadcasters of his generation, famed for his breakfast show and presenting Children in ...