old USB 1.0 scanner behind 2.0 hub not working (win98se)

I'm having a problem with getting a (probably USB 1.0) scanner working
behind a USB 2.0 hub.   Other USB 1.X devices that are not plugged
into the hub work fine.  The scanner has an exclamation point in
Device Manager.

I did find a workaround by uninstalling USB 2.0 drivers for the USB
controller in Device Manager.  With that, the scanner exclamation
point goes away, and everything works fine (but apparently in USB 1.X
mode).  I get a device manager exclamation point on an "Unknown USB
device" (where the USB 2.0 controller was), but two VIA 3038
controllers remain in device manager and appear to work fine.

While I currently don't have a need for the 2.0 speed, I would like to
have the capability for future needs.

Is this something that is expected...  any suggestions to getting
things working correctly?  My guess is that it is a VIA driver issue?

Thanks,
-MVL

System:
-Windows 98 SE
-ABIT TX5 MB (1998 Award) with onboard Intel 440TX USB controller
(didn't support all my devices so didn't use it)
-VIA 4-port USB 2.0 add-in controller (with latest drivers from VIA
website)
-Logitech USB quickcam (plugged into VIA controller)
-MS USB Optical Wheel Mouse (plugged into VIA controller)
-Cannon Powershot 230 USB picture download cable (plugged into VIA
controller)
-USB 2.0 external powered hub (plugged into VIA controller)
-Visioneer 6400 scanner (plugged into external hub, used as an
extension cord)
0
mvl_groups_user
12/20/2003 4:02:08 PM
comp.periphs.scanners 6113 articles. 0 followers. use_my_web_form (7) is leader. Post Follow

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

Scanner to USB 1.1 or 2.0
I have a Canon 1250UF hooked up to an older USB 1.1 port. I am considering installing a 2.0 card in the machine to speed up scanning. But, I am wondering if it makes any practical difference. Question: does the scanner adjust its actual scan speed to reflect the USB interface it is attached to? Or does it scan at the same speed regardless of what type of USB it is hooked up to ? The scanning process does seem s little slow, but I have nothing to compare it to. But, once the scanner has made the run across the document, the actual "transfer" and appearance on the machine it...

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi   I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time  = 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0.   I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements?   Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wa...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.1, gettext_activerecord-2.0.1, gettext_rails-2.0.1
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.1 and the families (gettext-2.0.1, gettext_activerecord-2.0.1 and gettext_rails-2.0.1) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- * gettext-2.0.1 * Fixed bugs * doesn't work with ruby-1.8.5. [Reported by Dan Coutu] * GetText.locale= can't keep the locale. [Reported by Adam Ilan] * Break backward c...

[ANN] gettext-2.1.0, gettext_activerecord-2.1.0, gettext_rails-2.1.0
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.1.0 and the families (gettext-2.1.0, gettext_activerecord-2.1.0 and gettext_rails-2.1.0) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.1.0 * Implemented parsing of translator comments (GNU gettext feature) [by Vladimir Dobriakov] --- foo.rb def foo # TRANSLATORS: Comments for translators her...

Will USB 2.0 Flash memory work on a USB 1.0 port?
Will USB 2.0 Flash memory work on a USB 1.0 port? I'm planning on upgrading my PowerMAC G4 to a Mac Pro in a month or so. I've got a lot (10+ Gb) of sensitive data files I'd like to backup on a small USB drive. TIA Bob phule92 <heoqadv02@sneakemail.com> wrote: > Will USB 2.0 Flash memory work on a USB 1.0 port? > > I'm planning on upgrading my PowerMAC G4 to a Mac Pro in a month or > so. I've got a lot (10+ Gb) of sensitive data files I'd like to backup > on a small USB drive. It should work, but will be slow. Assume USB's best possible...

usb error on external disc ?? hub 1-0:1.0:Cannot enable port 2
Hi, I want connext an external drive STOREX FHD-353 on my Linux 2.6.9-34 WhiteBox I have following error message "hub 1-0:1.0:Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad. " Do you have an idea ? Regards Philippe My computer is an K7AMD, with motherboard Micro star 6167 . I think computer could onlly work un USB1.0 not USB 2.0. External Hard drive is running before with another PC that use XP .. ...

[ANN] Unicorn 2.0.0, 1.1.5, 1.0.2 released!
Unicorn is an HTTP server for Rack applications designed to only serve fast clients on low-latency, high-bandwidth connections and take advantage of features in Unix/Unix-like kernels. Slow clients should only be served by placing a reverse proxy capable of fully buffering both the the request and response in between Unicorn and slow clients. * http://unicorn.bogomips.org/ * mongrel-unicorn@rubyforge.org * git://git.bogomips.org/unicorn.git tldr change summaries: 2.0.0 - cleanups for Rainbows!, but should be ready for general use barring portability issues 1.1.5 - bug f...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repe...

How to interpolate a [0 0 0 1 0 0 ...0 1 0 0 0 ...0 0] vector please help
dear friends, i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; k=interp1(tau,k,t); tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? please help me on this one. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iujd42$s...

Pythonutils 0.2.2 , ConfigObj 4.0.0 Beta 5, odict 0.1.1
The response to pythonutils__ was very good. Especially the odict__ module (ordered dictionary) - it's had over one hundred and fifty downloads already. Thanks to some useful user feedback, Nicola Larosa has updated and improved it. More embarassingly we've done a bugfix release of ConfigObj__ - now up to beta 5. This fixes another couple of bugs - we aim to get out of beta someday...... All this is my way of saying that *odict 0.1.2*, *pythonutils 0.2.2*, and *ConfigObj beta 5*, are all available from the `Voidspace Modules`__ page. __ http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/pythonutils...

[ANN] pikka-bird collector 0.2.0, server 0.1.0, puppet 0.1.0 released

Web resources about - old USB 1.0 scanner behind 2.0 hub not working (win98se) - comp.periphs.scanners

A Scanner Darkly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Scanner Darkly is a BSFA Award -winning 1977 science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick . The semi- autobiographical story is ...

MyPermissions Debuts Real-Time App-Permissions Scanners
Application security provider MyPermissions Thursday launched real-time application-permissions scanners in the form of apps for iOS and Android ...

DFW Scanner (@DFWscanner) on Twitter

Quick Scan Pro - QR & Barcode Scanner for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Quick Scan Pro - QR & Barcode Scanner on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Body Orifice Security Scanner: The new way Goulburn jail stops inmates smuggle in mobile phones
... hidden inside a body orifice is the latest piece of security technology to be introduced at Goulburn jail. The Body Orifice Security Scanner ...

Automated Facebook scanner among the tools being developed to fight online radicalisation
A computer&nbsp;program that automatically detects signs of radicalisation on Facebook profiles is one of several tools developed by Australian ...

TSA Changes Rules For Who Must Go Through Body Scanner
TSA can mandate passengers go through scanner even if travelers ask to opt out. Learn more.

Today’s apps gone free: PDF Markup Ultimate, Pocket Scanner, Chemio and more
Markup PDFs, turn your iDevice into a mobile scanner, and get to know the elements with todays collection of apps and games. All app prices ...

TSA agents can now force passengers to go through body scanners, even if they opt out
Just in time for the busy holiday travel season, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has changed the rules of airport protocol to allow ...

The TSA Is Making It Harder To Opt Out Of Airport Body Scanners
“While passengers may generally decline AIT [Advanced Imagery Technology] screening in favor of physical screening, TSA may direct mandatory ...