Anybody out there who knows a "Seagate SL-02" SCSI Controller ?

Someone told me I could get a Seagate SL-02 SCSI Controller for my
vintage IBM PC/XT, but I can't find any information about a controller
with that name, only for a ST-01 or ST-02, but not for a SL-02.
Does anybody know this weird "SL-02" controller card ?

Thx for any hint about it...
0
Peter
2/25/2014 11:54:48 PM
comp.periphs.scsi 2473 articles. 0 followers. l_x2828 (153) is leader. Post Follow

Peter Dassow wrote:

> Someone told me I could get a Seagate SL-02 SCSI Controller for my
> vintage IBM PC/XT, but I can't find any information about a controller
> with that name, only for a ST-01 or ST-02, but not for a SL-02.
> Does anybody know this weird "SL-02" controller card ?

I never heard about it, but maybe it's only a version of the ST-02
with the same chip. In this case there is a chance that it will
work with the same drivers. For the ST-02 you can look at [1].

Last ressort:
Any SCSI HA with a BIOS-Extension in its ROM should be usable under
DOS for up to 2 harddisk drives (with no additional drivers).

Micha

[1] ftp://ftp.seagate.com/techsuppt/controllers/st01-02.txt
0
Michael
2/26/2014 11:21:38 AM
On 26.02.2014 12:21, Michael Baeuerle wrote:
> Peter Dassow wrote:
>>
>> Someone told me I could get a Seagate SL-02 SCSI Controller for my
>> vintage IBM PC/XT, but I can't find any information about a controller
>> with that name, only for a ST-01 or ST-02, but not for a SL-02.
>> Does anybody know this weird "SL-02" controller card ?
>
> I never heard about it, but maybe it's only a version of the ST-02
> with the same chip. In this case there is a chance that it will
> work with the same drivers. For the ST-02 you can look at [1].
>
> Last ressort:
> Any SCSI HA with a BIOS-Extension in its ROM should be usable under
> DOS for up to 2 harddisk drives (with no additional drivers).

Hi (or better "Hallo"),

in fact it was a ST-02, not SL-02. I am able to use a small SCSI HDD (a
Conner CP3040A), but I am looking for the "preloaded" software from
Seagate also (as described in the documentation of the card itself).
It's named INSTALLR.EXE and PARK.COM ... anybody aware of it ?

Regards Peter

0
Peter

Help
Hi, We found an issue with Linux SCSI sub-system and the low-level SCSI driver we created. Most time, everything works okay. We can use "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" or "cat /proc/partitions" to see all SCSI devices attached to our low-level driver, and "fdisk -l" also shows such deveices. However, after running some tests, we found that "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" still shows all devices, but "fdisk -l" only shows the internal disk (/dev/sda). It doesn't show any SCSI devices attached to our low-level driver any more. If using "fdisk /dev/sdb...

[...]

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"or" and "and"

why "::", not "."

"my" and "our"

"out" and "in out"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

about "++" and "--"

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

SCSI cards: what are the "4-7" and "4-L" labels mean?
I took a look at the the back of my RS/6000 boxes, they have a bunch of SCSI cards. Lot's of different labels on the outside of the cards: 4-k, 4-l, 4-7, etc. What do those labels stand for? Are they compatible (with the appropriate adapters) for cabling purpose? IE, can I cable a 4-L to a 4-7? Thanks in advance. Daryl gprimerib wrote: > I took a look at the the back of my RS/6000 boxes, they have a bunch of > SCSI cards. Lot's of different labels on the outside of the cards: > 4-k, 4-l, 4-7, etc. What do those labels stand for? Are they > compatible (with the a...

"Delayed Write Failed" ... Scsi-Sata Conflict Or Malfunctioning Scsi Drive?
I have had a spate of "Delayed Write Failed" the past month where, after rebooting and consequently losing access to the C drive, I would need to reinstall the OS after several tries to access the hard drive. The drive is a Seagate ST36607LW Scsi and I also have two Seagate 160 gig Sata drives on the same board, Asus P4C-800 ED with the latest bios update. I thought it could be a number of things like the scsi adapter, the cable, the motherboard, etc. and a possible incompatibility with the Sata drives, since it would happen, I believe, when I was transferring files from one of th...

Adaptec SCSI card 2903b "This system does not contain any Parallel SCSI devices"
I've just acquired an Adaptec 2903b SCSI card so I can borrow an old Nikon = Coolscan to scan my transparencies into my G4 which will effectively become= mainly a photographic resource.=20 Checking out the G4 system, the Parallel SCSI section gives the message "Th= is system does not contain any Parallel SCSI devices" with the 2903b, altho= ugh with a 2906 card it recognises both the card and the scanner.=20 I've uninstalled the driver several times and checked the seating of the ca= rd, and afterwards reinstalled the Adaptec 2906 driver as it seems to be wh= at ...

Relationship between "Me!" and "The control or subform control is too large for this location"
In a previous post in this NG (Oct 98) http://makeashorterlink.com/?D505347FB Henry Craven says that he was investigating a relationship between the presence or absence of a "Me!" prefix, the value of the Top propery of a control, and the occurrence of an invalid runtime error "The control or subform control is too large for this location" I have Googled and MS KB'd but can't find any further references... It's akward trying to do a search on "Me!"... Does anyone have any further information on this - perhaps Henry if he see this... Many thanks, R...

How to know the corresponding "end" for each "if"?
There are so many "if...end" pairs in my file and it's hard to detect their relations. I am wondering if matlab has the function for example showing where is the corresponding "end" if I select a "if"? thanks for your tips! gim gimmytang wrote: > > > There are so many "if...end" pairs in my file and it's hard to > detect their relations. I am wondering if matlab has the function > for example showing where is the corresponding "end" if I select a > "if"? > thanks for your tips! > gim > I use the &q...

Web resources about - Anybody out there who knows a "Seagate SL-02" SCSI Controller ? - comp.periphs.scsi