Problems problems....

I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card.

Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even
bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not
start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to
me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works
perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately.
I'm angry :))

I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ).

Hope i gave you enough info to try and help.

Thanx!

--
-----------------------------------
Makni #### iz adrese

0
biBU
2/15/2005 11:21:05 AM
comp.periphs.scsi 2473 articles. 0 followers. l_x2828 (153) is leader. Post Follow

Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up.  You could download the
manufacture's utility disk and confirm it.  I think time would more wisely
be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all.

DaveL

"biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message
> I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card.
>
> Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even
> bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does
> not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it
> seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it
> all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately.
> I'm angry :))
>
> I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ).
>
> Hope i gave you enough info to try and help.
>
> Thanx!
>

> --
> -----------------------------------
> Makni #### iz adrese

0
DaveL

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

Plasmon 6100 SCSI problems/solutions/more problems
Layout: -AHA2944 controller (latest drivers) -Win XP (updated) -AMD 64 CPU -Plasmon 6100 Optical drive (SCSI) -3GB memory -Both IDE and SATA (RAID0) drives -same effect on either -Updated Firmware -Problem: After offloading two 12GB platters, from the Plasmon 6100, I will get an error message while offloading the 3rd platter. "Error writing .TFF" (Most of the data offloaded are TFF's). When I reboot, in order to reset the SCSI drivers, the system goes into CHKDSK. I was getting many errors before I cooled the system down via liquid cool - which did wonders for the performance. B...

A simple problem, but a problem ...
Hello, can anyone solve the following problem ? It looks quite simple to me, but I can't get it right. The advice suggests the following: mr(yes). mr(no). mrs(yes). mrs(no). marcel(yes). marcel(no). jacqu(yes). jacqu(no). grandpa(yes). grandpa(no). but how can I use this to solve the problem ? thanx a lot Maxx Problem: If Mr. Johnson goes, his wife goes too. At least one of the children, Marcel or Jacqueline, goes too. If Marcel goes, grandpa goes too. If Mrs. Johnson goes, grandpa stays at home. If Jacqueline goes, Mr. Johnson and Marcel go too. Write a prolog program, which det...

Problem with problem section
Hi, I have defined as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------- \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- and I use as: ----------------------------------------------------- \begin{problem} \label{ch6:p2} {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}} Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment. Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments. \end{problem} ------------------------------------------------------------------- What I want is all my figures and t...

Is it a know problem this problem? (an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem)
I met a problem which can be considered as an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem. Suppose we have n (e.g. n = 10) robots and m (e.g., m = n = 10) locations to explore in a 3-dimensional space. We want to assign each robot to explore a possible location, while minimizing the summation of the distances between each robot-location pair. If n = 1 or m = 1, it is clear this is a nearest-neighbor problem. What if both n and m are greater than 1 (n and m are not necessarily equal)? Is it a known problem which has been addressed by some heuristic algorithm? Thanks. This sounds more like an opt...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Did you think about HEAT? Access point? You mean Wireless? If no and your device is cheap try replacing it. Hristo http://hristo.no-ip.info "Daz" <thomas@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:edr561598tm4vp8otbde4tb0ts7vr26si9@4ax.com... > Hi > can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. > Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network > has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. > > if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub > and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. > there is no disconnection from the other servers. > > I have,..... > > 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. > 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok > 3. tested the lan cables. > 4. tested the lan access points. > > yet still i have the trouble. > > any su...

problem with a minimazition problem.
Hello, I have a problem with a minimazition problem: Let my aim is to find x and a where f(x,a) is minimized with the constraint g(x,a)=0. Here "a" is parameter. It is known that for some values of x and a, function g does not have real roots of x. In matlab, I use fmincon function to solve this minimazition problem with "interior-point" algorithm. However, even in situations where g doesnt have real x roots , somehow Fmincon finds solution. I want to determine which solutions have real roots which are not. How can I do that? To which criterian do I have to...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable ...

Cable problem or card problem
hi i have a tekram scsi card, i have connected my hd on her 68-Pin Wide SCSI Internal that work fine. this week i received a adaptect 39160. i have connected my hd with the same cable of my other scsi card, under linux i get some message: Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: SCSI error : <1 0 0 0> return code = 0x6000000 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 19847 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: Incorrect number of segments after building list Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: counted 9, received 3 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: req nr_sec 1016, cur_nr_sec 8 Dec 12 1...

ReFresh problem or target problem
I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame. I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well. Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refr...

db problem BIG PROBLEM
We are having a problem on our database, DB2 running on 0s/400 v5r1 and SAP 4.6b. We have a database table on Sap that isn't aligned with the table on the db, this was caused by a breakdown during a transportation. At this moment the table on Sap have one field more than the fields list that we see into db2 from as400. Someone can help us? thanks to all alberto How about running an ALTER TABLE and adding the missing field to the DB2 file? Sam "Alberto" <albe.net@caleffi.it> wrote in message news:1160089901.442664.271060@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are h...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater ...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char str...

Printer problem or application problem?
I use an HP Deskjet 5550. My favorite word processing application is Word Perfect (I use WP Office 2002 Professional with the latest service pack.) I am unable to format an envelope size 6 3/4. I get a message saying the printer does not support that size, and do I want to use the nearest close approximate (DL), That is an acceptable but not convenient alternative. However, using Microsoft Word, I am able to format and print size 6 3/4 envelopes without difficulty. I have had extensive conversations on a Corel users forum about this, but nobody seems to come up with a solution. Is this a problem with the printer, or is this a problem with Word Perfect? On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:15:45 -0400, "Gordon Nelson" <banovce@aaahawk.com> wrote: >I use an HP Deskjet 5550. My favorite word processing application is Word >Perfect (I use WP Office 2002 Professional with the latest service pack.) > >I am unable to format an envelope size 6 3/4. I get a message saying the >printer does not support that size, and do I want to use the nearest close >approximate (DL), That is an acceptable but not convenient alternative. > >However, using Microsoft Word, I am able to format and print size 6 3/4 >envelopes without difficulty. > >I have had extensive conversations on a Corel users forum about this, but >nobody seems to come up with a solution. > >Is this a problem with the printer, or is this a problem w...

Web resources about - Problems problems.... - comp.periphs.scsi

NP-complete problem solved with biological motors
... a collection of myosin. (credit: Nicolau lab, McGill University ) Quantum computers get a lot of people excited because they solve problems ...

The petty iPhone problem that’s driving me insane
Longtime readers of the site know at least two things about me: I've been an iPhone user since 2007 and a moderate germaphobe for much longer. ...

Kanye West summed up the retail industry's biggest problem in one tweet
... coats in the winter!!! — KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 24, 2016 This, while seemingly obvious, is actually very revealing of a major problem ...

The real problem with health insurance
Health insurance is becoming available to millions more Americans. But most people don't even know what's covered, says Mitch Rothschild.

Houston, Donald Trump Has A Problem?
HOUSTON — He floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee. During Thursday night’s debate in Houston, Texas, Sen. Marco Rubio unleashed a flurry ...

Uber's Gun Policy Only Has One Problem
As after most mass shootings in this country, the murder spree conducted by Jason Dalton in Kalamazoo, Mich. isn’t going to turn our attention ...

Seattle mayor: Amazon’s huge employee growth is ‘a great problem to have’
... evening about the quality of life and housing in Seattle, Murray told GeekWire that Amazon’s huge employee growth in the city “is a great problem ...

Oscars 2016: Lack of Diversity Has Historically Been a Problem
For two years, critics have sounded off about the lack of diversity in nominations in the Academy Awards. Social media commentators have used ...

Tere Bin Laden Dead Or Alive movie review: Problem of repetition persists in the sequel
Tere Bin Laden Dead or Alive review - There’s more packed into the script this time around, and a little more energy and pace. But the problem ...