Speed Opinions...

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I would like a few performance opinions...

System O.S. Only...No programs

SCSI3 320 on Compaq Raid with 128MB Cache (3 drives) 15K RPM Disks

or

Single Drive, Obviously No raid, SCSI3, 320, 10K RPM, No cache, on a single
Adaptec Buss by itself.

For the faster system, what would you choose???

Kevin

0
Reply jkmusic 10/9/2003 5:01:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

C'mon now....Everyone chicken.....

"jkmusic" <kpkeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like a few performance opinions...
>
> System O.S. Only...No programs
>
> SCSI3 320 on Compaq Raid with 128MB Cache (3 drives) 15K RPM Disks
>
> or
>
> Single Drive, Obviously No raid, SCSI3, 320, 10K RPM, No cache, on a
single
> Adaptec Buss by itself.
>
> For the faster system, what would you choose???
>
> Kevin

0
Reply jkmusic 10/9/2003 9:57:11 PM
comp.periphs.scsi 2471 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Python Speed Question and Opinion
Hi I am fairly new to programming but not as such that I am a total beginner From what I understand C and C++ are faster languages than Python. Is this because of Pythons ability to operate on almost any operating system? Or is there many other reasons why? I understand there is ansi/iso C and C++ and that ANSI/ISO Code will work on any system If this is the reason why, than why don't developers create specific Python Distrubutions for there operating system. Please don't take this the wrong way I am totally one for standards. I am just looking at these forums and there is a lot of ...

RE: Python Speed Question and Opinion
> Irmen de Jong <irmen@-nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl> wrote in message > news:<40c1e793$0$563$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...=20 >> Maboroshi wrote: >>=20 >> I have taken the liberty of taking a few of the comments made >> in this thread and writing them down here: >> http://www.razorvine.net/python/PythonSpeed >> I've added a few other things related to Python's performance, >> such as a short reference to Psyco. Can't find your original post here Irmen ... Might be an idea to mention that `list.sort` will include built-in ...

Speed
Hallo, I have a normal network with two XP computers and a zyxel 300 prestige router. My problem is that it is slow - very slow. It says that it is 100 mbps connection, but the speed is something like 1 Mb per 5 minutes. What is wrong? ...

FSB speed same as memory speed?
I have a laptop whose specs say "400-MHz Front Side bus". Does this mean that it will run ddr-400 pc3200 memory at full speed? there is very little flexibility for memory in laptops. fsb 400 really runs memory around pc2100. PC2700 runs at 333. what they do, is double it so 200 becomes 400 and 400 becomes 800 and that is where the fsb speed is taken from for memory. I would think PC2700 would work if you can get the right configuration in the memory chip. "Veggie" <nospam@vegan.net> wrote in message news:U91bg.28831$4L1.1220@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... >I h...

Line speed or Link speed?
Hello, When I change the line description of an ethernet card using CHGLINETH, there are two parameters I am not sure about, LINESPEED and LINKSPEED. What is the difference between these two? Thanks, Jim Jim Cooke wrote: > Hello, > When I change the line description of an ethernet card using CHGLINETH, > there are two parameters I am not sure about, LINESPEED and LINKSPEED. What > is the difference between these two? According to the manual (http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/html/as400/v4r5/ic2962/info/cl/chglinet.htm), LINESPEED appears to be a setting pertaining to ethe...

Bus speeds and CPU Speeds
Hi I'm trying to get a handle on the difference between 400 Mhz front side bus and 533 Mhz front side bus. Would there be much of a difference between the two for use with either a Celeron or Pentium M? Is there a "rule of thumb" as to what bus speed is suitable for different processors? I'm looking at possibly getting a notebook in the next 1 or 2 months. I'm a part time IT student and I'm trying to start up an IT business using Java so typically I could have about 5 or 6 applications open at the same time. I've currently got a Pentium 2 - 350 so anythi...

*** ISDN channel down speeding / Up speeding ***
Hello experts, I would like to know how ISDN channel down speeding (In case a channel is down due to error condition) and up speeding is acheived in a H.320 video conferencing terminal/Gateway. Does H.320 protocols provide any mechanism for realising this ? If yes how this can be acheived through protocols. Or Is this acheived simply as part of call processing at the application level. Thanks in advance Haribabu ...

speed
Hi Right now I have a client with the following: They have a program (lets call it program A) containing around 20 tables and queries and forms... This program is on a server. The company have 8 computers and each computer have an access to the server via a shortcup that point to the mdb file. Everything is running fine I have make some change to a copy of this file. This program has no tables, but is linked to the tables of the program A But now it is slowlier, is it normal because of the link ? Second what is the best choice: 1- Everybody is using the same new program with a shortcut lik...

SPEED
Hello! I've found the reference to the program which re-formatted an 8-inch disk, so that it could perform better on program- loading (and was worse on some other disk-activity): -----------> VOLUME 50 Bob Van Valzah's "Pascal Pascal Compiler" and SPEED for CP/M 2.2 & a few miscellaneous programs for printing via UNIX. 50.5 2K CPMDIR.C Prints CP/M DIR on UNIX. 50.9 1K DMSPATCH.ASM For use with SPEED. 50.10 1K DSCUSPAT.ASM For use with SPEED. 50.13 18K FMAN.PRN FAST users manual ...

speed
today i tested my resection program (least-squares adjustment, includes some matrix operations) on both 49g+ and 48gx (identical pure UserRPL code). The main routine took 17.5 sec on the 48 versus 0.9 on the 49g+ ??? "reth" <reth@nospam.com.at> wrote in message news:40f6a797$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > today i tested my resection program (least-squares adjustment, includes > some > matrix operations) on both 49g+ and 48gx (identical pure UserRPL code). > The > main routine took 17.5 sec on the 48 versus 0.9 on the 49g+ ??? > The code, please... [VPN] It&...

speed
I implemented a lexer in Pylly and compared it to the version I had written in Flex. Processing 219062 lines took 0.9 seconds in C (from Flex), and 5 minutes 54 second in Python (from Pylly), a ratio of 393 to 1. Is this normal for Python, or does Flex produce better parsers than Pylly? I have been looking at the code produced by Flex to see if I could translate it to Python automaticly. But it has a lot of goto statements, and I haven't figured out how to translate those to Python efficiently. What are the average times used for text processing of Python compared to C? -- Peter Kleiw...

Speed
Hi all, I am writing some routines to play with stock market data. What is available to me at the moment is VB 3.0. It is abysmally slow when it comes to number crunching large arrays of data with nested do loops. I am not interested in fancy screen output. Is each successive version of VB faster than the previous version? If so, how much, considering number crunching only? Would I be better off with another program entirely? I have programmed in Fortran, Pascal( just a little), Microsoft Quick Basic and Microsoft Professional Basic. My platform is a PC. Thanks >From: &q...

Speed
Mint installed,updated, Nvidia configured and newsgroups downloaded in y 23 mins. Windows would not even be on its first install reboot yet ! Peter On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:05:20 +0100, Peter wrote: > Mint installed,updated, Nvidia configured and newsgroups downloaded in y > 23 mins. > Windows would not even be on its first install reboot yet ! > > Peter Be prepared.. those that fear OSS will soon attack you ... -- Rick After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Mint installed,updated, Nvidia configured and newsgroups downloade...

speed
hi, since recently i use vertex arrays to display objects in my engine. when i draw an object of a few thousand polygons, my framerate is about 50 fps. i don't do anything else but draw that object (and multitexture it). is there any way that i can speed this up? i am using backface culling, but the effect is almost unnoticable. can anyone please help me? thanks ivan ivan schrieb: > hi, > since recently i use vertex arrays to display objects in my engine. > when i draw an object of a few thousand polygons, my framerate is about 50 > fps. > i don't do anything els...

Speed
Hi I moved away from the Dark World two years ago and after six months of purgatory with different Linux distros, I discovered OS X when I bought my first mac, an original Mac mini. I, immediately, fell in love with Tiger. It's everything Windoze has never been and probably never will be. I have examined the 300+ new features in Leopard: http://www.apple.com/ca/macosx/features/300.html and to tell the thruth, I'm having difficulties finding anything that would entice me to buy it. In fact, there is only one thing that would do it for me and it is, speed. I am now the proud o...

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:57:23 +0200, "Rene Sarie" <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> vaguely proposed a theory .......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email Then you need to be more specific before I simply take your post and report it as suspicious. If you reply with a reply saying "I am replying because I am real" (exact quote) _WE_ will believe you! Others please just wait! >I need your opinion about >http:// www. pyrenepeche.org/battl...

speed
Is there anything that will speed up dsl.My connection seems to be slowing down even though I reboot my system,defrag alot.I had the phone company out to check the line,and they said there was no static.They set up the dsl with a splitter in the phone box.Would that slow it down? Is there any programs that tweak or speed up the connection? I am using earthlink 645 series modem. I am using a nr041 linksys router. Any and all help.Thank You for your time. fisk1972@earthlink.net rc wrote: > Is there anything that will speed up dsl.My connection seems to be slowing > down even though...

Speed
Hi I moved away from the Dark World two years ago and after six months of purgatory with different Linux distros, I discovered OS X when I bought my first mac, an original Mac mini. I, immediately, fell in love with Tiger. It's everything Windoze has never been and probably never will be. I have examined the 300+ new features in Leopard: http://www.apple.com/ca/macosx/features/300.html and to tell the thruth, I'm having difficulties finding anything that would entice me to buy it. In fact, there is only one thing that would do it for me and it is, speed. I am now the proud o...

Speed
Is Ruby as fast as it is going to get until the re-write at version 2? On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Robert wrote: > Is Ruby as fast as it is going to get until the re-write at version 2? that depends on your algorithim ;-) -a -- =============================================================================== | EMAIL :: Ara [dot] T [dot] Howard [at] noaa [dot] gov | PHONE :: 303.497.6469 | ADDRESS :: E/GC2 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305-3328 | URL :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/ | TRY :: for l in ruby perl;do $l -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\"";done =========...

speed
I'm using a /usr/local, compiled from source, Tcl 8.4.15 on linux. Comparing execution speed, I found Perl to be 10 times faster than Tcl. I don't know much about Tcl yet, I'm just getting started with it. Is there a way to make Tcl go faster? Tcl: >package require Tcl 8.4 > >set tx 1 >set limit 10000000 > >while {$tx < $limit} { > set tx [expr {$tx + 1}] >} > >puts "tx = $tx" >tx = 10000000 > >real 0m56.871s >user 0m56.858s >sys 0m0.009s Perl: >use strict; >use warnings; >use IO::Handle; &g...

Speed
Hi, Thank you all for answer my previous questions! I am starting to replace MATLAB with SCILAB in my work. However, when I start to seriously wrote codes, I found the speed is a big issue. Currently, I am running a fix point FFT using MATLAB and SCILAB. The codes are almost the same. In MATLAB, tic and toc reports it takes 7 seconds. However, in SCILAB, tic and toc reports it takes 156 secons. It is a huge difference. Why the SCILAB code runs so slow? How can I speed it up? Frank yixiaodafang@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Thank you all for answer my previous qu...

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks ...

speed
where is comand to set up speed of animation in cinema i found F-Curves, but i dont now I cant find fine set up of speed of object ( first i made spline, than conect object, but i cand found control to set up speed motion) thank for your time tom ...

speed
Hi Does your processor speed have any bearing on your download speed? Thanks Ken' Ken' wrote: > Hi > Does your processor speed have any bearing on your download speed? Depends on what you have for a processor. Once you have more power than it takes to handle the max bandwidth, it makes little difference how much extra you have, it's not going to be the limiting factor anymore. Today's CPUs can easily handle the max speed of your internet connection - your limitaion is your com link. $Bill wrote: > Ken' wrote: >> Does your proces...