Speed Opinions...

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I would like a few performance opinions...

System O.S. Only...No programs

SCSI3 320 on Compaq Raid with 128MB Cache (3 drives) 15K RPM Disks

or

Single Drive, Obviously No raid, SCSI3, 320, 10K RPM, No cache, on a single
Adaptec Buss by itself.

For the faster system, what would you choose???

Kevin

0
Reply jkmusic 10/9/2003 5:01:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

C'mon now....Everyone chicken.....

"jkmusic" <kpkeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like a few performance opinions...
>
> System O.S. Only...No programs
>
> SCSI3 320 on Compaq Raid with 128MB Cache (3 drives) 15K RPM Disks
>
> or
>
> Single Drive, Obviously No raid, SCSI3, 320, 10K RPM, No cache, on a
single
> Adaptec Buss by itself.
>
> For the faster system, what would you choose???
>
> Kevin

0
Reply jkmusic 10/9/2003 9:57:11 PM
comp.periphs.scsi 2471 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Python Speed Question and Opinion
Hi I am fairly new to programming but not as such that I am a total beginner From what I understand C and C++ are faster languages than Python. Is this because of Pythons ability to operate on almost any operating system? Or is there many other reasons why? I understand there is ansi/iso C and C++ and that ANSI/ISO Code will work on any system If this is the reason why, than why don't developers create specific Python Distrubutions for there operating system. Please don't take this the wrong way I am totally one for standards. I am just looking at these forums and there is a lot of ...

RE: Python Speed Question and Opinion
> Irmen de Jong <irmen@-nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl> wrote in message > news:<40c1e793$0$563$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...=20 >> Maboroshi wrote: >>=20 >> I have taken the liberty of taking a few of the comments made >> in this thread and writing them down here: >> http://www.razorvine.net/python/PythonSpeed >> I've added a few other things related to Python's performance, >> such as a short reference to Psyco. Can't find your original post here Irmen ... Might be an idea to mention that `list.sort` will include built-in ...

Speed
Hallo, I have a normal network with two XP computers and a zyxel 300 prestige router. My problem is that it is slow - very slow. It says that it is 100 mbps connection, but the speed is something like 1 Mb per 5 minutes. What is wrong? ...

FSB speed same as memory speed?
I have a laptop whose specs say "400-MHz Front Side bus". Does this mean that it will run ddr-400 pc3200 memory at full speed? there is very little flexibility for memory in laptops. fsb 400 really runs memory around pc2100. PC2700 runs at 333. what they do, is double it so 200 becomes 400 and 400 becomes 800 and that is where the fsb speed is taken from for memory. I would think PC2700 would work if you can get the right configuration in the memory chip. "Veggie" <nospam@vegan.net> wrote in message news:U91bg.28831$4L1.1220@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... >I h...

Line speed or Link speed?
Hello, When I change the line description of an ethernet card using CHGLINETH, there are two parameters I am not sure about, LINESPEED and LINKSPEED. What is the difference between these two? Thanks, Jim Jim Cooke wrote: > Hello, > When I change the line description of an ethernet card using CHGLINETH, > there are two parameters I am not sure about, LINESPEED and LINKSPEED. What > is the difference between these two? According to the manual (http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/html/as400/v4r5/ic2962/info/cl/chglinet.htm), LINESPEED appears to be a setting pertaining to ethe...

Bus speeds and CPU Speeds
Hi I'm trying to get a handle on the difference between 400 Mhz front side bus and 533 Mhz front side bus. Would there be much of a difference between the two for use with either a Celeron or Pentium M? Is there a "rule of thumb" as to what bus speed is suitable for different processors? I'm looking at possibly getting a notebook in the next 1 or 2 months. I'm a part time IT student and I'm trying to start up an IT business using Java so typically I could have about 5 or 6 applications open at the same time. I've currently got a Pentium 2 - 350 so anythi...

*** ISDN channel down speeding / Up speeding ***
Hello experts, I would like to know how ISDN channel down speeding (In case a channel is down due to error condition) and up speeding is acheived in a H.320 video conferencing terminal/Gateway. Does H.320 protocols provide any mechanism for realising this ? If yes how this can be acheived through protocols. Or Is this acheived simply as part of call processing at the application level. Thanks in advance Haribabu ...

speed
Hi Right now I have a client with the following: They have a program (lets call it program A) containing around 20 tables and queries and forms... This program is on a server. The company have 8 computers and each computer have an access to the server via a shortcup that point to the mdb file. Everything is running fine I have make some change to a copy of this file. This program has no tables, but is linked to the tables of the program A But now it is slowlier, is it normal because of the link ? Second what is the best choice: 1- Everybody is using the same new program with a shortcut lik...

speed
I implemented a lexer in Pylly and compared it to the version I had written in Flex. Processing 219062 lines took 0.9 seconds in C (from Flex), and 5 minutes 54 second in Python (from Pylly), a ratio of 393 to 1. Is this normal for Python, or does Flex produce better parsers than Pylly? I have been looking at the code produced by Flex to see if I could translate it to Python automaticly. But it has a lot of goto statements, and I haven't figured out how to translate those to Python efficiently. What are the average times used for text processing of Python compared to C? -- Peter Kleiw...