symbios sym22801 + lto-2 tape drive

Hi there. I'm trying to connect a scsi pci card to my pc. Tye card is detec=
ted by bios an can access to its settings. When i plug the cable scsi 68pin=
 internal... It hangs at scsi card post, even if nothing is connected to th=
e other side of this cable. I'm not an scsi expert, so i would appreciate a=
ny help. I think that the problem should be the scsi cable but not sure if =
i'm doing something wrong regarding the compatibility between the card and =
my pc (asus p5q deluxe)
0
info
4/28/2014 5:58:08 PM
comp.periphs.scsi 2473 articles. 0 followers. l_x2828 (153) is leader. Post Follow

info@tournride.com wrote:

> Hi there. I'm trying to connect a scsi pci card to my pc. Tye card is
> detected by bios an can access to its settings. When i plug the cable
> scsi 68pin internal... It hangs at scsi card post, even if nothing is
> connected to the other side of this cable. I'm not an scsi expert, so
> i would appreciate any help. I think that the problem should be the
> scsi cable but not sure if i'm doing something wrong regarding the
> compatibility between the card and my pc (asus p5q deluxe)

Note that the SCSI bus must have terminators on both ends. If you have
nothing else connected to the hostadapter, one terminator must be on
the hostadapter (look at the BIOS setup, you should be able to switch
the termination on there). The other terminator must be at the end of
the cable. Some cables have fixed terminators mounted at the end, if
yours have not you have to plug in a terminator at the last connector.

Connect the tape drive to one of the remaining connectors of the cable.

Micha
0
Michael

FS: New LTO-2 Drives, Used/Tested LTO-2/3/4 Drives, DLT IV/VS1 Media, LTO2 Tapes, Etc.
$350ea (Shipped to USA): New/Sealed Dell LTO420 HH (half-height) LTO-2 drives (Tandberg). 2 In Stock. Used LTO 2/3/4 Tape Drives (IBM, Quantum, Dell): Please e-mail. * These drives have never been repaired and I can e-mail test report w/POH, diagnostic pass reports, etc. Also have a number of non-working parts drives that I can offer as well. Used Media: LTO-2 Media: $9 Each, (10) for $75. New Media (all have protective seals in place): DLT VS160 Cleaning Tapes DLT VS1 80/160 Media DLT IV 40/80GB Media Ultrium Cleaning Tapes (All LTO cleaning tapes work in LTO1-4, h...

SN#10861 Sun StorEdge[TM] LTO Gen 2 SCSI Desktop Tape Drive Released
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 67 Issue 1 2003-09-02 Article 10861 from section "Storage" Features 200 GB Native Capacity, 30 MB/sec. Throughput The new Sun StorEdge[TM] LTO Gen 2 Desktop SCSI Tape Drive, featuring 200 GB native capacity and 30 MB/sec. throughput, is now available for customers in the market for workstations and/or workgroup servers, as well as those requiring local, non-automated backup and restore solutions. The drive's 30 MB/sec. throughput enables users to backup 200 GB in less than two hours. ...

RE: LTO-2 Ultrium tape drive and VMS #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: Patrick Young [mailto:P.Young@unsw.EDU.AU] > Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 9:30 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: LTO-2 Ultrium tape drive and VMS > > > Dan Allen wrote: > > > >>-----Original Message----- > >>From: Patrick Young [mailto:P.Young@unsw.EDU.AU] > >>Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:53 AM > > >>70MB/sec... two drives in your library unit? > >> > > Just one - something amiss about that number? I believe that's the number Veritas > > Backu...

SCSI tape drive error #2
The L9 tape drive occured the following messages in the /var/adm/messages . Some times it shows "Sense Key: Soft Errors" and some times it shows "Sense Key: Hard Errors". When this happens, L9 cannot load the tapes. Even when the slot is empty, it still shows there is something there. We have to power the L9 off and on, then we can load the tapes. Could some one give some advices? Thanks! ******************************************************************************************** Feb 8 08:32:47 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@1e,600000/scsi@3/sst@0,0 (s...

DDS-2 Tape Drive vs DDS-3 Tape Drive
I created a SYSGEN tape on a 917LX using a DDS-3 tape drive. I want to install the contents of the SYSGEN tape on a 918LX using a DDS-= 2 tape drive. Will the DDS-2 tape drive be able to read the tape created on a DDS-3 tap= e drive? TIA, Brian Donaldson. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * It depends on the tape itself. If it's a 120 meter tape, perhaps. If it's a 125 meter tape, no way. Denys... -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [...

Re: DDS-2 Tape Drive vs DDS-3 Tape Drive
Denys: Thanks for your help as always. =20 The reason I started this posting is because I got the opportunity of buy= ing a "cheap" 918LX. =20 I saw the system today. It boots up ok, goes to the ISL> prompt ok. I did= a START NORECOVERY with NOSYSSTART (SYSSTART on the 2nd attempt) and I got = a ton of errors each time as it came up. (BAD UFID on spoolfiles) =20 Unfortunately, this 918LX is really old, the colon prompt says "MPE XL:" indicating a very old version of MPE. The two disc drives for LDEV 1 &amp= ; 2 are only 2gb' ers, very little me...

3.2v4.2 and SCSI Narrow Tape Drives
I have a customer that is using SCO 3.2v4.2 with SCSI narrow drives and tape. I am trying to find available tape hardware to support this configuration. I have used Exabyte Eagle NS-8 in the past with much success. However, I am not able to find a vendor that has this hardware. Is there an available tape drive out there that I can use in place of the Eagle? Or, does anyone know of a vendor that still sells the Eagle? Should I upgrade their controller to something newer? Most of their PCs only have ISA busses. Out-of-the-box suggestions are welcome. The client is happy with the ...

Re: Tape drive(7980) conversion to SCSI #2
WOW!! thanks Tracy! It ended up being the same for us. We just tried the Rewind button and presto the door opened! Had to press it more than just a touch but it worked.... thanks a ton!!! bob On Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:24 AM, Tracy Pierce <TPierce@goldengate.org> wrote: >our 3rdPartyHardwareVendor did the same conversion for us a few years ago, >and while they didn't have the 'real' labels, the button assignments >changed. The bottom row of labels now reads "Online | Rew/Unld | Reset | >Density". Maybe that helps? IIRC they still do...

FS: SUN TAPE DRIVE, SCSI CARD #2
http://home.comcast.net/~wb1s/ham_radio_and_surplus_items.htm ...

Problem detecting new scsi tape drive. #2
Could someone help with a quick question, I just installed a new Adaptec Scsi card and a new Seagate Scsi Travan TapeStor 20 GB tape drive. I was wondering if there is something special that I need to do to get Centos Linux to detect the drive. The tape drive is set to scsi 4 and the card is set to it's default. All I did was install the card and drive and install a scsi cable from one to the other. The drive has power and reacts when a tape is added, just can't acces it yet! My /var/log/dmesg file states the following scsi0 : sata_via ata2: no device found (phy stat 0...

RE: LTO-2 Ultrium tape drive and VMS
> -----Original Message----- > From: Patrick Young [mailto:P.Young@unsw.EDU.AU] > Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:53 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: LTO-2 Ultrium tape drive and VMS > > > Dan Allen wrote: > > > > First I've heard that. Previous posts here have identified odd byte > > transfers as the problem - supposedly supported by LTO-2. I have an > > LTO-2 library on a Dell Windows server here and using Veritas it's PDF > > (about 70MB/sec without any tuning). > > > > Dan > > I'm pu...

** 3581 LTO-2 Tape Drive and Slow IFS Backups **
Hello All, We are testing the new LTO-2 3581 (200/400 gb) tape drive for backing up IFS files. For my test I had over 2,000,000 IFS files (~100gb) and it tool almost 9 hours to back up the data. Couple of questions: 1.) Is there anything special to do to put this tape drive into streaming mode. It should be much faster than the response times we were seeing. It could be related to backing up several small files. 2.) If I were to create a UDFS (User Defined File System) and move the IFS files there instead of a standard IFS folder, would this speed up the backup by simply backing up the s...

FA: Exabyte VXA-2 external SCSI tape drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8791888181 ...

FS: Maynard Archivest 250 SCSI Tape Drive #2
FS: Maynard Archivest 250 SCSI external Tape Drive (no case) tested w/6250 cartridge $10 (shipping extra, Drive is in Seattle) Tnx, David leworks AT yahoo DOT com ...

Web resources about - symbios sym22801 + lto-2 tape drive - comp.periphs.scsi