adaptor 25 pin motherboard to female DB 25?

My PC deos not have a DB25 female connector in the back for a printer.
It DOES have a 25-pinout connector on the motherboard, and the
schematic identifies this two row pinout connector as LPNT1, and shows
where pin #1 is.  My case has a closed-slot for a DB25 female, but it
needs to have the metal plug punched on out.  What I need is a
connector that will have the female IDC type connector on one end, and
the female DB25 connector on the other end, and have a 25-wire ribbon
cable connecting the two.  The IDC end needs to have two rows, 13 on
one side, and 12 on the other, and the DB25 needs to have double scews
so that it can fasten to the backplate of the PC and receive the
standard male DB25 connector from my printer.

Does anyone know who sells these?

littleberry

0
davsf (24)
9/22/2006 12:26:18 AM
comp.periphs 394 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 21 Sep 2006 17:26:18 -0700 in comp.periphs, davsf@neto.com wrote:

>My PC deos not have a DB25 female connector in the back for a printer.
>It DOES have a 25-pinout connector on the motherboard, and the
>schematic identifies this two row pinout connector as LPNT1, and shows
>where pin #1 is.  My case has a closed-slot for a DB25 female, but it
>needs to have the metal plug punched on out.  What I need is a
>connector that will have the female IDC type connector on one end, and
>the female DB25 connector on the other end, and have a 25-wire ribbon
>cable connecting the two.  The IDC end needs to have two rows, 13 on
>one side, and 12 on the other, and the DB25 needs to have double scews
>so that it can fasten to the backplate of the PC and receive the
>standard male DB25 connector from my printer.
>
>Does anyone know who sells these?

The plate with DB25-F, ribbon cable, and IDC connector normally comes
with the motherboard, but the parts/service section of your local
retailer should have some they can sell you, or perhaps even give you;
or ask people you know: I've a few in my spare parts collection; your
company PC support may have a bunch as local printers are rarely used.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis@CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply
0
Brian
9/22/2006 4:28:01 AM
Acually, I found it on the internet at the following site:

http://www.cablesnmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=707

It is exactly what i need and only $5 ($8 with shipping).

Thanks, littleberry

0
davsf

DB-25 Pin-out
Group, Does anyone remember the correct pin-out of a db-25 adapter attached to a dumb terminal connected to a Digiboard port through a null (straight through) patch cable? I think pins 2, 3, 7 and (perhaps) 20 should be connected but I don't remember which color goes with what pin. Rob I believe this is the correct pin out, but would not bet my life on it: RJ45 to DB25 adaptor 2 - green 3 - red 7 - black Give that a try. "Robert S. Lobel" <RobertLobel@COX.net> wrote in message news:%DuZh.228893$115.213908@newsfe10.phx... > Group, > Doe...

25-Pin Male to 25-Pin Male for Epson Printer TM-T888 IV
Hello, I am trying to install this printer to my main computer. It came with a serial port to be connected to my computer. Unfortunately, my serial port is being used by another printer. So I went on and bought a Male- to-Male 25-Pin parallel port (It is also a male connector into the printer). When I plug it in, it doesn't seem to work. I tried all the drivers. I am beginning to think I cannot connect a Male-to-Male 25-pin parallel port to each other. Is this true? If not, what am I doing wrong? Every time I try to "test "print" it it always says Out Of Paper (...

Looking for a 26 PIN Female to a 25 PIN DB25 Ribbon Cable
I am Looking for a 26 PIN Female to a 25 PIN DB25 Ribbon Cable. I am going to try to test a HSIO 4 Port Serial Card Meant for a N* Horizon. I checked Jameco but they don't have any of the 26 Pin Female Ribbon Connectors thats fits over the Dual Row of PINs on the HSIO card TIA Bob in Wisconsin BrightFame wrote: > I am Looking for a 26 PIN Female to a 25 PIN DB25 Ribbon Cable. I am > going to try to test a HSIO 4 Port Serial Card Meant for a N* > Horizon. I checked Jameco but they don't have any of the 26 Pin > Female Ribbon Connectors thats fits over the Dual Row of PINs o...

Turn $25 to $25,000 in days...Read to learn how... : : THIS......IS HOW TO BECOME RICH, AND HOW TO TURN 25
Turn $25 to $25,000 in days...Read to learn how... : : THIS......IS HOW TO BECOME RICH, AND HOW TO TURN 25 DOLLARS INTO MILLIONS OF : DOLLARS: READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT TRULY WORKS! : I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little while back, : I was browsing : through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar : to this that : said you could make hundreds of thousands of dollars within weeks (which : would soon : turn into millions) with only an initial investment of $25.00! So I thought, : "Yeah right, this : must be a scam&quo...

25
25 ...

Finding a SCSI PCI adapter card (25 pin external female) really this hard?
Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but trying to find a replacement card for an Adaptec 1502AE is proving to be a royal pain in the neck. The card is an ISA, which I can't use with a newer m'board. Can anyone point me toward where I could find a good and cheap PCI card to connect a 25 pin SCSI cable to? On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:09:37 -0600, CA was in NJ <cainnj.cjb.net@cainnj.REVERSE_TO_REPLY__SPAMMERS_SHOT_ON_SIGHT> wrote: >Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but trying to find a >replacement card for an Adaptec 1502AE is proving to be a r...

25 pin serial to 9 pin serial?
I have an old pen plotter (Houston Instrument DMP-50) which has a 25 pin serial port. Can I hook this up to a 'modern' 9 pin serial connector? Is there a connector/adaptor I can use? Or is there some other way to hook up to the port? Michael Soibelman wrote: > > I have an old pen plotter (Houston Instrument DMP-50) which has a 25 pin > serial port. Can I hook this up to a 'modern' 9 pin serial connector? Is > there a connector/adaptor I can use? Yes and yes. Check any cable supplier. They should have 9-25 adapters. Michael Soibelman wrote: > > I h...

25% ***Hot stuff
http://www.kaneva.com/checkout/stream.aspx?assetId=2017&free=0 ...

Building aliases.db slowly by using db-4.1.25
Dear Sir, I have a question when I build up the aliases.db. Platform: SUN V120 + 1GB Memory OS: Solaris 2.8 Sendmail: 8.12.9 Berkely DB 4.1.25 Aliases Size: Around 8000 entry When I rebuild the aliases, it spend around half minutes to finish, it seems abnormal because 1) When I rebuild the aliases by using aliases.pag and aliases.dir, it only take 5 seconds in same platform 2) On Linux 6.2 + sendmail 8.12.9 + pentium III PC, building aliases.db and it only take 5 seconds also. All comment are welcome bkkc88@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a question when I build up the aliases.db. > ...

Turn $25 to $25,000 in days...Read
Turn $25 to $25,000 in days...Read to learn how... : : THIS......IS HOW TO BECOME RICH, AND HOW TO TURN 25 DOLLARS INTO MILLIONS OF : DOLLARS: READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT TRULY WORKS! : I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little while back, : I was browsing : through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar : to this that : said you could make hundreds of thousands of dollars within weeks (which : would soon : turn into millions) with only an initial investment of $25.00! So I thought, : "Yeah right, this : must be a scam&quo...

Sum of 25.47 and -25.47 is not equal to zero
Hi, guys, =A0 The sum of 25.47 and -25.47 is equal to 3.5527E-15, not zero.=A0 Accordingl= y, the percentage is a small number=A0(25.47/3.5527E-15 =3D 7.1692E15) inst= ead of missing.=A0 =A0=20 =A0 Anyone knows why this happens? =A0 Thanks, =A0 Wei=0A=0A=0A ...

Block tcp/25 Services (telnet host 25)
Hi Dudes How can we block the tcp/25 Services with tcp wrapper under Solaris10? The entry in /etc/hosts.deny "smtp: ALL" dosn't work... We can still connect with -> telnet host 25 thanks for your support regards cypherpunks <cypherpunks@rocketmail.com> wrote: > How can we block the tcp/25 Services with tcp wrapper under Solaris10? > The entry in /etc/hosts.deny "smtp: ALL" dosn't work... > We can still connect with -> telnet host 25 That's because sendmail isn't called by inetd but does the listening on tcp/25 itself, so tcp wrapp...

Heath / Zenith H-25 /Z-25 printer
I have an old Z-25 printer that I used to use with my H-8. Is it possible to find printer ribbons for these things? I used to use a ribbon that also fit an HP printer, but I don't remember what printer that was. thanks, Tom There was a discussion of this topic about 18 months ago, and it was determined that ribbons were still available at that time. Although the H25 ribbons are rare, there was an HP printer that used the same ribbon. Unfortunately, I don't still have that information and don't remember where it was discussed. Tom wrote: > I have an old Z-25 prin...

PPPoE on QNX 4.25/TCP 4.25
Hi All- How do I set up a PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) link with QNX 4.25E / TCPIP 4.25? Thanks, Jeff Adler Automation Services ...

Web resources about - adaptor 25 pin motherboard to female DB 25? - comp.periphs

Motherboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Motherboard for an Acer desktop personal computer, showing the typical components and interfaces that are found on a motherboard. This model ...

Motherboard (@motherboard) on Twitter

Motherboard flame - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Alfo23's photos on Flickr. Alfo23 has uploaded 805 photos to Flickr.

MOTHERBOARD - YouTube
Motherboard is an online magazine and video channel dedicated to the intersection of technology, science and humans. Launched by VICE in 2009, ...

Comments closed: Why websites are shutting down trolls - Motherboard, Daily Beast
THE INTERNET was supposed to facilitate better exchange between the public and news media. But vile and hateful comments changed all that.

Photos of alleged next-generation iPhone motherboard surface, point to new antennas, battery
A WeiPhone forums user posts a couple of photos of what is apparently claimed to be a motherboard/logicboard for the next-generation iPhone. ...

Vice’s Motherboard Turns Off Comments
Vice’s Motherboard Turns Off Comments

ASRock Rack Announces Mini-ITX LGA2011-3 Motherboard, with Quad-Channel SO-DIMM DDR4
Hot on the heels of the recent announcement of a Haswell-E based mini-ITX motherboard from the main motherboard division of ASRock, the ASRock ...

Global DIY motherboard shipments in 2015 to fall 21.7%, say Taiwan makers
There will be an estimated 54 million DIY motherboards shipped globally in 2015, decreasing 21.7% on year, according to Taiwan-based supply chain ...

Motherboard writer Jason Koebler, a grown man who hasn’t played Pokemon in years, went along to the
Motherboard writer Jason Koebler, a grown man who hasn’t played Pokemon in years, went along to the Pokemon World Champs on the weekend and tried ...