Hard drive test?

I've got a hard drive on a laptop that has failed once but started
working again. That gave me time to do a backup.

I've got 30 days left on my warrantee and I'd like to get it to fail
permanently if it is going to do so.

Is there a good drive stress test that includes some sort of retry
counter that I could use for this?

tnx
jim

0
jim
7/9/2006 11:35:43 PM
comp.periphs 394 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 9 Jul 2006 16:35:43 -0700 in comp.periphs, jim@jtmiller.com wrote:

>I've got a hard drive on a laptop that has failed once but started
>working again. That gave me time to do a backup.
>
>I've got 30 days left on my warrantee and I'd like to get it to fail
>permanently if it is going to do so.
>
>Is there a good drive stress test that includes some sort of retry
>counter that I could use for this?

Power cycles and surface tests may be your best bet if there's no way
of reproducing what caused it to fail before.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis@CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply
0
Brian