reading floppies

I have a floppy disk that reads without problem in most machines
(running windows). The other day, I was using a windows machine and
the floppy just kept spinning. On putting the floppy in another
computer it read without a problem.

Can anyone explain this.

Thanks.

ps. 3.5" floppy
0
species8350
7/15/2008 12:54:29 AM
comp.periphs 394 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hello:

In my experience (since 1983) most of such cases of not be able to read a
disk,  the floppy drive of the other machine is (going) bad.
This would be the drive in your machine with Windows on it.

HTH.

Petrus

"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
>I have a floppy disk that reads without problem in most machines
> (running windows). The other day, I was using a windows machine and
> the floppy just kept spinning. On putting the floppy in another
> computer it read without a problem.
>
> Can anyone explain this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ps. 3.5" floppy