How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box #4

Hi,

I am looking for a way to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random
Read on Unix box?.

Greatly appreciated If anyone gives some input on how to get those
statistics using c or c++.

Thanks,
Naidu

0
Naidu
1/17/2007 4:43:29 PM
comp.programming.threads 4878 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box
Hi, I am looking for a way to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box?. Greatly appreciated If anyone gives some input on how to get those statistics using c or c++. Thanks, Ram. ...

How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box #3
Hi, I am looking for a way to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box?. Greatly appreciated If anyone gives some input on how to get those statistics using c or c++. Thanks, Naidu ...

How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box #2
Hi, I am looking for a way to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box?. Greatly appreciated If anyone gives some input on how to get those statistics using c or c++. Thanks, Naidu ...

statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box
Hi, I am trying to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box? Greatly appreciated if you throw some light on how to get these statistics using c or c++. Thanks, Naidu. On Jan 17, 5:45 pm, "Naidu" <ramamalip...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on > Unix box? > > Greatly appreciated if you throw some light on how to get these > statistics using c or c++. Maybe bonnie++ would be a good match (but I'm not sure to understand what you want, indeed). -- Pierre ...

reading voltage but reads four then lags and reads 4 and continues
reading analog input and output voltage at the same time. Output of the voltage looks correct (at the rate specified), but the analog input reads in 4 at correct intervals, pauses, and goes again with 4 readings, and so on. Is this due to my VI or is it hardware realted (computer)? &nbsp; I include the VI. &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp; &nbsp; controller_2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/151409/1/controller_2.vi Hi, Its ur VI&nbsp;that's unable to achieve&nbsp;sync between &nbsp;AI and AO Try using&nbsp;this example VI that's given in &nbsp;labv...

ANN: mailbox_reader 1.0.4 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxes sequentially.
CHANGES Renamed base exception, old name maintained for backwards compatibility. Bound exceptions to Mailbox_base class, more pythonic. Updated usage example catching the exception of the Mailbox object. Added notice of http://www.linuxlinks.com/. DESCRIPTION The module provides two classes: Mailbox, a file-like object which allows you to iterate through the contents of a mailbox, and Email, an object which holds the individual emails returned by Mailbox. Mailbox inherits from Mailbox_base, but usually you don't need to even know about this class....

db file sequential read, where does it read to?
9.2.0.5 Ent Ed AIX5L I've got a few long running processes that are all performing full table scans and they are waiting on db file % reads. When a file read is performed, is it reading the blocks into the buffer and then on to the user or does it just dump them straight out to the user? What I'm getting at is, Could these table scans be aging each other's blocks out of the buffer and thus causing more file reads? I guess if I could do away with the table scans in general that would solve my problem though... I hope that wasn't too confusing. Ben wrote: > 9.2.0.5 Ent ...

Read a line, read the next line...then read it again
Hi there, I was hoping someone could help this frustrated Perl beginner with a problem. As part of a university project I'm writing a Perl tool to process text files and correct common English grammatical mistakes. What I need my program to do is as follows: 1. Read a line from the input file. 2. Chomp off the \n. 3. Read the next line from the file. 4. Concatenate as follows: $double_line = $line_1." ".$line_2 5. Do some grammar checks. 6. Write the corrected line(s) to the output file. I then need to read line 2 again, concatenate it to line 3, check, then...

bash read does not read
Can some bash expert tell me why the following does not return string: echo string | read s; echo $s but the following does: echo string | while read s; do echo $s; done Thanks, Vinod In article <30b8645c.0403070729.2bbc2745@posting.google.com>, vrak58@yahoo.com (Vinod Gupta) wrote: > Can some bash expert tell me why the following does not return string: > echo string | read s; echo $s > but the following does: > echo string | while read s; do echo $s; done The pipelined read command is executed in a subshell. When it exits, its variables are lost. -- Barry Margolin,...

Help: Program to read from EOR end of last read?
Hello, I am looking for a way to look at a log from the last time I've read it and look for a specific string. For example, I have a logfile called /var/adm/messages, and I am looking for an error string like "ERROR: Loss of sync" I know how to open the log and search for the error, but I want to avoid reporting the same error multiple times. For instance, if I find an error at 01:00 AM and send a page to a support team, when the program/script runs every 10 minutes, I don't want to page again if I already alerted for it. In the past I would catch the error and ...

How to read a RS232-barcodescanner inside of an say/get/read
hi, I have a problem and dont know how to solve it. Inside a READ command I have to read the input of a RS232-Barcodescanner. To read the scanner I can use the COM-functions. But how to do it inside the procedure GetReader() of READ command. Inkey() only handles keyboard- and mouseevents. Should I write my own Inkey(). Thank you Michael Hagl On 20 Wrz, 08:52, "Michael Hagl" <hag...@hagl.de> wrote: > hi, > > I have a problem and dont know how to solve it. > > Inside a READ command I have to read the input of a RS232-Barcodescanner.= To > read the scanner I can use the COM-functions. =C2=A0But how to do it insi= de the > procedure GetReader() of READ command. Inkey() only handles keyboard- and > mouseevents. Should I write my own Inkey(). > > Thank you > > Michael Hagl In my old clipper program, I realised it in this way: [code] function getone private key:=3D0,kolor,i, FirstKey:=3D.t., poz do while .t. &&key=3D0 If lBarCodeScannerInstalled sec :=3D seconds() key :=3D 0 do while if(delay=3D0,.t.,sec+delay < seconds()) * timeout if COM_Count(CzytnikKresek) > 0 key :=3D asc(Com_Read(CzytnikKresek,1)) else if (key :=3D inkey(1)) =...

Thread to read from external program
Hello Fellows, :smileywink: Here it is, I'm trying to interact with other programs using Labview 8.0. I&nbsp;have read&nbsp;lots of messages on Active X and threads to understand a bit on that functionnalities and can't figure out if I could or not do my program. &nbsp; So image explains better than words, please look at the attached file to see my issue. &nbsp; Other question is about the the Open System Command Pipe.vi, read From Pipe.vi, Close Pipe.vi etc. Are these vi's able to create a vrtual COM port as a pipe ? And is this Vis available in LabVIEW 8.0 Full De...

Reading from stdin then launching a program that reads from stdin strange behaviour
Hi all perlers, I'm writing a perl script which reads from stdin, then launch an interactive session of gnuplot. I'm on a gnu-linux system, perl 5.8. The simplified code looks like this: #! /usr/bin/perl # reads from stdin, then lauch interactively gnuplot open(FH, "/dev/stdin"); # filter stdin while (<FH>) { ; } close(FH); print "Launching gnuplot...\n"; # and now launch a gnuplot interactive session system "gnuplot -"; If I feed the script with a file, like this: cat file.txt | perl gnuplot-launcher.pl gnuplot exits immediately from th...

File system get auto change from read-write to read-oly
I have a very strange file system with OS Redhat 7.2 The file system is read-write, but some how it randomly changes to read-only at any time. Suddenly all users can write any in that file system, I have to umount and mount -a that file system. Then everything back to normal. This only happen to a particular host, particular file system. Any idea what cause that happen? Assume nobody know my root passwd play with me. Thank Q! On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:00:23 -0400, RC <raymond.chui@noaa.gov> wrote: > I have a very strange file system with OS Redhat 7.2 > The file system is read-...

How can I mount a read-only fs read-write when I am running programs on the device?
Hi All: I am building an embedded OpenBSD PC with a compact flash card. I have the commands to set the compact flash card rw and ro but how will this work when I am actually booted onto the compact flash card and using the OS? The commands I am using are: mount -o rw,noatime /dev/wd1a / and mount -o ro /dev/wd1a / These commands work fine in testing since I am booted on /dev/wd0a but in my final version I need to be able to boot off the compact flash and yet still set it to rw when I need to update a configuration. Any ideas on how I can do this, if at all? Thank...

Threading question
Ok. This is coming from a recent thread in comp.programming.threads, talking about C++0x. (You don't need to review it. I'll provide the relevant context here.) "questions about memory_order_seq_cst fence" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_thread/thread/0158f1f2bca1019e# Consider the following code. /*** code 1 ***/ // Initially atomic<int> x(0), y(0); // Thread 1: y.store(1, memory_order_release); atomic_thread_fence(memory_order_seq_cst); //fence 1 r1 = x.load(memory_order_acquire); // Thread 2: x.store(1, memory_order_release); // T...

Process.waitFor() returns, but threads reading output/error streams are blocked on read
java gurus, i'm seeing some odd behavior running a process via Runtime.exec on redhat linux (seen it on RHEL AS 2.1, 3, 4) with 1.4 and 1.5 JVMs (the only ones i've tried). if i start a specific process via Runtime.exec and set up threads to read in the out/err streams, i find that after Process.waitFor() returns (~5 seconds) the threads are still stuck in InputStream.read(). i would have expected them to return -1 (or fail with IOExceptions) almost immediately after process termination. i've tried closing the streams from the main thread and destroying the process, but ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Re: Reading SAS files from other programs #4
JMP started as a SAS-like Macintosh product at SAS when they had a demand for a product on the Mac platform but apparently did not want to try a full port. The joke around SUGIs was that JMP stood for John's Macintosh Product. The "John" being John Sall who lead the effort at SAS. Nat Wooding Jim Groeneveld <jim2stat@YAHOO.C O.UK> To Sent by: "SAS(r) SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Discussion" cc ...

Reading Serial Port in Thread locks up program?
I am trying to use MarshallSoft Computing Windows Serial Communication Component Library (WSC) in a wxThread. It is claimed that WSC is thread safe. http://www.marshallsoft.com/ I have used the WorkerThread example from the wxThread sample to base my code on. My code runs for a few seconds ( random amount of time ) correctly, then my wxWidgets application locks up, and I have to then kill it with the task manager. This is on Windows XP. I have tried both wx2.5.3 and wx2.6.1, using the Borland Command Line Compiler. What am I doing wrong here that would make the program run...

Re: What do you recommend to read to get a good understanding of #4
The Little SAS Book: A Primer by Delwiche & Slaughter is a great introductory book. This is if you want to learn to write SAS code. -----Original Message----- From: Tetyana [mailto:teryoshinat@PRODIGY.NET] Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:51 PM Subject: What do you recommend to read to get a good understanding of SAS? Hi All, What do you recommend to read to get a good understanding of SAS? I use SAS 9.1.3 at work. Best Regards, Tetyana ...

RE: Reading Serial Port in Thread locks up program?
It looks like m_serial_port is sharing info with main app thread? You may need to synchonise access to this buffer using a wxCriticalSection=20 If your data read is eradic, I found you can add pending event after your data read to notify gui that it has received data. The event is raised in the main thread which can read the data - maybe display it or whatever. Ray -----Original Message----- From: Bob [mailto:wxwidgets@gmail.com]=20 Sent: Friday, 24 June 2005 06:09 To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org Subject: Reading Serial Port in Thread locks up program? I am trying t...

INSERTS
Performance Gurus, Has anyone a proven technique for reducing "sequential file waits" during INSERT statements? Some very large tables, with only one or two indexes are incurring this wait event (from a SQL trace) and have high buffer gets (from Statspack). Is it safe to assume that this appears to be primarily due to the index probes? We really can't drop or disable the indexes in this OLTP environment. We are planning to partition several of these large tables with over 1000 range partitions and use local indexes. Also, would changing the block size of either the ...

Reading sequential files in COBOL vs SQL #4
Hi everyone, I'm writing an OPM COBOL program that needs to process a large number of sequential files (around 4,000 records). It's a parsing algorithm that needs to find a few records at an unpredictable location in the file. Obviously in COBOL I'd having to allow for reading a high percentage of the records in each of the files. Alternativey I could embed the SQL.code inside of the COBOL. Which would be faster? Is the answer obvious or should I test it both ways. Would the relative speed depend on other factors, ie size of computer, memory, hard disk and OS400 version? The pr...

Web resources about - How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box #4 - comp.programming.threads

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More probability density is found as one gets closer to the expected (mean) value in a normal distribution . Statistics used in standardized ...

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More probability density is found as one gets closer to the expected (mean) value in a normal distribution . Statistics used in standardized ...

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More probability density is found as one gets closer to the expected (mean) value in a normal distribution . Statistics used in standardized ...

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Statistics Jump to: navigation , search Page statistics Content pages 3,956,211 Pages (All pages in the wiki, including talk pages, redirects, ...

Superbowl 50: NFL MVP Cam Newton wears gold cleats with statistics on them
Cam Newton had a novel way of celebrating his MVP honour, wearing a set of gold cleats with his statistics embroided on them to the Superbowl. ...

Jobs growth not quite as robust as statistics suggest
Australia's labour market is not expanding as quickly as official figures suggest, according to HSBC, but jobs growth in service industries is ...

WA police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan defends police as crime statistics rise
... police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan has defended the state's crime-fighting model amid calls from the opposition to scrap it. Statistics ... ...

Crime statistician Don Weatherburn refutes NSW Premier Mike Baird's assault statistics
Sydney's assault statistics have not dropped by as much as NSW Premier Mike Baird claimed, crime number cruncher says.

Woman Who Will Have $210,000 In Student Loans Had No Idea Her Law School Was Being Sued Over Employment ...
Knowing what she knows now, would she still choose to attend her law school?