Adminstrative rights

If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
other things that I've missed.

0
dnlwhite (9)
8/5/2006 2:56:03 AM
comp.programming 11105 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Doug wrote:
> If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
> lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
> view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
> they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
> Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
> GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
> other things that I've missed.

What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
this.

Duane :)
0
Duane
8/5/2006 9:54:41 AM
Duane Arnold wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
> > lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
> > view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
> > they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
> > Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
> > GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
> > other things that I've missed.
> >

> What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
> developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
> to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
> this.

While developers need admin rights for some tasks, it's quite possible
(and common in larger shops) for the developers to normally run as a
non-admin user, and to "RunAs" for those relatively few tasks for which
you need admin rights.  MS has several articles on the subject, this
one should also answer a number of the OP's question:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/tchDevelopingSoftwareInVisualStudioNETWithNon-AdministrativePrivileges.asp

0
robertwessel2 (1674)
8/5/2006 10:08:11 AM
Doug said:

> If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
> lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
> view, what kind of issues would that raise?

It depends. Is it an issue if all your good developers suddenly decide the
bureaucracy is too much for them, and decide to go el$ewhere, leaving you
to hire a bunch of wannabees in their place? If not, then I recommend you
do this straight away, since you sure can't trust those wannabees with
admin rights.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
robertwessel2@yahoo.com wrote:
> Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>>Doug wrote:
>>
>>>If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
>>>lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
>>>view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
>>>they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
>>>Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
>>>GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
>>>other things that I've missed.
>>>

>>What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
>>developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
>>to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
>>this.
>

> While developers need admin rights for some tasks, it's quite possible
> (and common in larger shops) for the developers to normally run as a
> non-admin user, and to "RunAs" for those relatively few tasks for which
> you need admin rights.  MS has several articles on the subject, this
> one should also answer a number of the OP's question:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/tchDevelopingSoftwareInVisualStudioNETWithNon-AdministrativePrivileges.asp

That's why they have Quality Assurance testing with machines setup in
that environment. The QA tester would not have admin rights and would
test all aspects of the solution for success or failure.

It's not or should not be the responsibility of the developer to be
running in a situation at his or her workstation to be testing user
rights. He or she may run as a non-admin is a limited role as an
end-user. But that is far and in between that it would ever happen that
a developer would not be developing solutions with non-admin rights.
That testing of rights belongs elsewhere.

It's not even an issue as far as I am concerned that the application
developer must have Admin rights on the Windows NT based O/S. I have
never not been given admin rights or even seen or heard of a developer
not given admin rights in any shop larger or small anywhere and I have
worked for his or her workstation. And I have worked in a mixture of
small, large and very large shops as a full-time and contractor over the
years and I have never seen it.

So no, I don't think it's a common occurrence  (any where) that the
developer on the MS platform using a machine that has a Windows NT based
O/S installed is not given Admin rights.

Duane :)
0
Duane
8/5/2006 10:49:51 AM
Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Doug said:
>

>>If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
>>lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
>>view, what kind of issues would that raise?
>

> It depends. Is it an issue if all your good developers suddenly decide the
> bureaucracy is too much for them, and decide to go el$ewhere, leaving you
> to hire a bunch of wannabees in their place? If not, then I recommend you
> do this straight away, since you sure can't trust those wannabees with
> admin rights.

This is too ridiculous.

Duane
0
Duane
8/5/2006 11:01:11 AM
I agree that it's not a good situation.  However, it may become the
situation that I and other developers have to live in where I
work...before they make that situation a reality, I was hoping to
provide them with some things that they would prevent us from being
able to do in this situation.    I can only think of a few but was
wondering if others might have more concrete things that I could use as
well.

0
dnlwhite (9)
8/5/2006 2:10:27 PM
Doug wrote:
> I agree that it's not a good situation.  However, it may become the
> situation that I and other developers have to live in where I
> work...before they make that situation a reality, I was hoping to
> provide them with some things that they would prevent us from being
> able to do in this situation.    I can only think of a few but was
> wondering if others might have more concrete things that I could use as
> well.

It shouldn't make a difference. If they are trying to prevent things
from making it into a production environment from a developer's
workstation things like wrong versions of DLL(s) with ActiveX controls
or OCX(s) etc, etc that break production applications, then they should
implement a build machine solution.

One machine that all applications are built from that has all the
approved things that area allowed to be installed in the production
environment. No developer is allowed to make a build from his or her
machine and install it in a production or even a test environment.

That's particularly true for VS 6 solutions. It can also be applied to
..NET solutions as well where things must be installed for workstation or
client server solution. One machine where the build must be done that
has all the approved things that are allowed to be installed in a test,
QA or production environment. That also applies to .NET WEB solutions as
  well where the WEB solution is going to be installed with an install
package on the WEB server.

No builds of install packages from the developer's workstation should be
allowed to be installed in the environments.

Now, if the developer is installing things on the workstation that have
not been approved to run or his or her workstation, then IT management
runs a remote network application that scans the machine for non
approved applications and remove them.  Management should follow up with
a stern warning or a reprimand if it continues to happen.

In addition to what you have talked about as far as GAC or particularly
for VS 6 solutions, things cannot be installed into the System32
directory without admin rights and a lot of things are installed in to
that directory, even in a delopment situation.

Yeah, management may want to go there with the lock down and try to go
with it. But they may have to back off on it.

Duane :)

0
Duane
8/5/2006 3:04:57 PM
Duane Arnold wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
> > lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
> > view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
> > they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
> > Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
> > GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
> > other things that I've missed.
> >

> What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
> developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
> to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
> this.

Obviously you've worked in more civilised places than me.
I've never worked in a company where anyone outside of the IT
department has had admin rights.

0
robert.thorpe (1138)
8/5/2006 7:39:51 PM
Rob Thorpe wrote:
> Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>>Doug wrote:
>>
>>>If developers (i.e. programmers in languages such as C# and/or VB 6.0)
>>>lost administrative rights to their computers, from a general point of
>>>view, what kind of issues would that raise?   From what I can think of,
>>>they'd lose the ability to create things such as Windows Services,
>>>Add-In tools and possibly even the ability to install files into the
>>>GAC on their machine.  I'm not sure if I'm right and/or if there are
>>>other things that I've missed.
>>>

>>What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
>>developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
>>to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
>>this.
>

> Obviously you've worked in more civilised places than me.
> I've never worked in a company where anyone outside of the IT
> department has had admin rights.

And somehow the application developer working in the IT department is
NOT part of the IT department?

I am confused. What is your post about? ;-)

Duane :)

0
Duane
8/5/2006 8:12:25 PM
Duane Arnold wrote:
> Rob Thorpe wrote:
> > Duane Arnold wrote:

> >>What is you're concern about this? It's an automatic/given that the
> >>developer on the Windows platform must have Admin rights on the machine
> >>to develop solutions at the workstation period. There are no buts about
> >>this.
> >

> > Obviously you've worked in more civilised places than me.
> > I've never worked in a company where anyone outside of the IT
> > department has had admin rights.
> >
> And somehow the application developer working in the IT department is
> NOT part of the IT department?

In Europe programmers are generally part of the Engineering department
of companies.  I've only known one programmer who was part of IT
department of his company.

> I am confused. What is your post about? ;-)

Just pointing out other people do things in worse ways unfortunately.

0
robert.thorpe (1138)
8/6/2006 5:52:10 PM
Rob Thorpe wrote:
> Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>>Rob Thorpe wrote:

>>>Obviously you've worked in more civilised places than me.
>>>I've never worked in a company where anyone outside of the IT
>>>department has had admin rights.
>>>

>>And somehow the application developer working in the IT department is
>>NOT part of the IT department?
>

> In Europe programmers are generally part of the Engineering department
> of companies.  I've only known one programmer who was part of IT
> department of his company.

It's different strokes for different strokes I guess.

>>I am confused. What is your post about? ;-)
>

> Just pointing out other people do things in worse ways unfortunately.

You're one of the few people in that area of the world that seems to be
*cool*. You and a couple of others I have met out here and one *cool*
English cat that knows his stuff I am working with here at the place I
am currently contracting.

Other than that, everyone else I have met seems to be in some kind of
French Revolution with mob rules. ;-)

Have a nice day!

Duane :)

0
Duane

Is this program right?
JMenuItem menuFilePrint = new JMenuItem("Print"); menuFile.add(menuFilePrint); menuFilePrint.addActionListener(addHandlerPrint); menuFilePrint.setMnemonic('r'); ActionListener addHandlerPrint = new ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) { String command = e.getActionCommand (); if (command.equals ("Print")) { print (); } } // end of actionperformed of Print }; // end of ActionListener of Print public void print () { // Create the Pri...

Is this program right?

Program or be Programmed
http://www.rushkoff.com/program-or-be-programmed/ The debate over whether the Net is good or bad for us fills the airwaves and the blogosphere. But for all the heat of claim and counter-claim, the argument is essentially beside the point: it's here; it's everywhere. The real question is, do we direct technology, or do we let ourselves be directed by it and those who have mastered it? ?Choose the former,? writes Rushkoff, ?and you gain access to the control panel of civilization. Choose the latter, and it could be the last real choice you get to make.? ...

Program that teaches you programming
Back in about 1980 or there abouts I recall a program they had in my high school that ran on apple ]['s that would display either a programming example, a psuedo code programming example, a word problem or maybe a flow chart (cant remember what one it was exactly) and then you had a window below it to type in the program code, which it would then check and run for you. I do know it was a Basic program. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Bill H On Dec 29, 7:15 pm, Bill H <b...@ts1000.us> wrote: > Back in about 1980 or there abouts I recall a program they had in my >...

GUI programming program
Hi, guys, I have a question related to GUI programming. I created a GUI using GUIDE and it includes a popupmenu and a axes and some other push buttons. I put a surface() function in the GUI opening function in order to create a figure in the axes. The figure can be displayed correctly in the axes, however, the popupmenu is invisible(the other push bottones shows correctly). It is so weired for me. BTW, I created this GUI by using Matlab 7.0 release 14.0. Does anybody know what is wrong with my GUI? Thanks in advance! Helen helen zhao wrote: > > > Hi, guys, > I have a question related to GUI programming. > I created a GUI using GUIDE and it includes a popupmenu and a axes > and some other push buttons. I put a surface() function in the GUI > opening function in order to create a figure in the axes. The > figure > can be displayed correctly in the axes, however, the popupmenu is > invisible(the other push bottones shows correctly). It is so weired > for me. BTW, I created this GUI by using Matlab 7.0 release 14.0. > Does anybody know what is wrong with my GUI? > > Thanks in advance! > > Helen Maybe u selected the 'visible off' option in the property inspector for the popupmenu. Try double-clicking on the popupmenu in the GUIDE, it will open up a new window. Look at the property labeled 'Visible'. It should be made 'on'. hth Pratik Thanks for the reply, Pratik. Actually, I did choose the popupmenu &quo...

Re: Program or be Programmed !
Paul E Bennett wrote: > WJ wrote: > >> Paul E Bennett wrote: >> >>> I was displaying a sine-wave of >>> asterix characters scrolling continuously down the screen. 3 lines of >>> code generated the sine-wave (and cosine) numbers and the other 30 or so >>> lines did scaling and arrangements for its display. I was showing the >>> source code in a separate window. >> >> Gauche Scheme: >> >> (define line-length 79) >> (define mid-point (div line-length 2)) >> (define one-line (stri...

Tracker programming/programs
Is there any open source project with following kind of file format: As we know, any sample can be constructed from basic sine waves with frequency, phase, and amplitude information. If we take this information, and express it as function of time, we have a sound. So, take much of these, and you have music. S = a * sin (w * t + p) a = f (t) w = f (t) p = f (t) So I'm asking if there already exist any project, where music is calculated "in air". This to replace various tracker programs around. Tatu Portin wrote: > So I'm asking if there already exist any project, > where music is calculated "in air". Sounds like you want something like pure data or Csound: http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html http://www.csounds.com/ If that's not it, you may browse http://linux-sound.org/ . -- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. Martin Eisenberg wrote: > Tatu Portin wrote: > > >>So I'm asking if there already exist any project, >>where music is calculated "in air". > > > Sounds like you want something like pure data or Csound: > http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html > http://www.csounds.com/ > > If that's not it, you may browse http://linux-sound.org/ . Thanks. Looks like what I'm searching for. ...

Programming: Not stressful? Yeah, right...
Whoever said programming is a low stress hobby/career has obviously never attempted to programm in ASM. For months I was debating whether or not I should learn ASM, and for some stupid reason, I decided to breakdown and buy a few books about it. It's been about 3 months since then, and I've never been so stressed out in my entire life trying to learn it. It's just too difficult. I have a strong background in C and C++, so I thought I'd pick up ASM quickly. Boy, was I ever wrong. I have a deep respect for all of you ASM programmers out there. I really do. I'm glad...

Access the right program for the job?
Hello, I'm wonder if a relational database is what i need based on the data i will be entering. Our company will have the following data entered: Customer Part Press Date Operation Count Now, the customers,press,operation, and part will hardly every change. There are about 15 customers, 20 presses and about 50 operations. The parts go up into the thousands. What we need to do is track the usage of a certain press given an amount of time based on the number of counts. We also need to see how many counts we did for a certain part or customer. I would like to use access since it can be made to be very user friendly (the guys entering the data are NOT data entry people, they are machine operaters (not computer....mechanical) and also to organize and report on the data. What im having trouble with is that it isnt exactly a relational database since it is basically just one table. The reason we cant really use Excel is because the guys entering the data always change the standard of data...I.E.a part might be 646a but the enterer might enter it 3 different ways (646-A 646A 646 a ) and we need to standardize each entry. Is access the program for this? I have created a sample database but i am having trouble when to comes to making queries....they are coming up empty!! -Thanks for being my "mini" consultants "seryozha" <seryozha.sundstrom@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176696976.587468.178070@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, ...

Help in my program it is not given the right answer
Hi, I need some help. My program is runing but it is not given me the right answer. The program it suppost to solve a polynomial, using Horners. The user will enter the value for x and the coefficients. This is my code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; const int n = 100; void HornerP(char[], int, int, int); int main() { char P[n]; int x, c; cout<<"Enter the value for x: "; cin>>x; cout<<"How many coefficients? "; cin>>c; for(int i=0; i<c; i++) { cout<<"The coefficients are: "; ...

Programs Requiring Non-Standard Rights
A real pet-peeve of mine is Windows applications which require non-standard access rights to run. I look after a few sites/servers/machines for different companies, and every time they get a specific piece of software I have to faff around with permissions. This is a pain as you have to remember what's set where should the software ever move home/machine needs rebuild etc. It's also a security risk. However the support lines of these companies advise "Just make them local administrators" to fix the problem, or "give them write access to windows\syste...

Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005
Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security programs 2005 - Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Multi CD NR 17 543 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Base Module Multi CD NR 17 544 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 ...

Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security programs 2005 - Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Multi CD NR 17 543 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Base Module Multi CD NR 17 544 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Multi CD NR 17 545 Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005 CD NR 17 234 Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition v2.0 CD NR 15 321 Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 4.0 CD NR 13 364 Steganos Internet Security 7 CD NR 16 968 McAfee Internet Security Suite V7.0 2005 CD NR 16 727 Security Service (c) McAfee CD NR 11 362 Symantec Norton Internet Security v3.0 For Mac OSX CD NR 12 698 Microsoft Windows XP SP2, With Advanced Security Technologies. CD NR 16 244 PANDA PLATINUM INTERNET SECURITY V8.05 SUB100 CD NR 16 096 Panda Platinum Internet SEcurity *Englsih-Spanish* 14 184 IBM Tivoli Security Manager v5.1 (c) IBM CD NR 15 750 Finjan Vital Securit...

[...]

Adding programs to windows right-click menu
heres my simple program: hilight text on a web page, right-click to bring up the menu with my program on it and with the selected text it opens dictionary.com and brings up the definition of the word. Problem: Im not familiar with working with windows' menu, but from what i have been told its as easy as a registry entry to get your program on the menu Problem2: is there a command to store the selected text? Example: if you use winzip you'll see you have the option of zipping a file from the right click menu if clicked on the file. Programming language: Visual Basic 6 (i've heard the gripes about my choice of language but when i need a program done in the minimal amount of time VB helped me out on several occacians) thanks for any help ...

Program Icons on the bottom right of desktop screen
Do the program icons on the bottom right of desktop screen represent an activity which takes up space being "ready to launch?" I would just as soon launch programs from the shortcut icons on the desktops. If they do take up a lot of resources, how do I eliminate them from the quick launch mode? Hope that you can and will help. Bob -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG "Bob Gillespie" <baredawg@bikerider.com> wrote in news:72b860c6a4f3b81518cce36194e84484.85315@mygate.mailgate.or g: > Do the program icons on the botto...

[News] Why Programming Education Should be Focused on Right Tools

Printer driver installation without adminstration rights
Hi, I have a Canon iP90 which I am trying to install on my office PC. The printer driver will not install without administration rights. Is there any other way to install the driver without administration rights apart from asking IT support to it for me. Thank you, Seemd ...

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/...

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/ 4/2003 PGP v8.0.2 for Windows (C) PGP Corporation 15/ 4/2003 PGP Admin v8.0.2 for Windows (C) PGP Corporation 05/ 4/2003 PGP Enterprise v8.0.2 for Windows (C) PGP Corporation 07/ 5/2002 Network Associates PGP Keyserver v7.0 for Solaris (C) Networks Associates 04- 2-2002 PGPwireless for Windows CE v1.6 (C) Networks Associates 04- 2-2002 PGPwireless for Palm OS v2.0 (C) Networks Associates 01- 2-2002 PGP.300.E.Ppliance 01- 4-2002 PGP Corporate Desktop Security v7.1.1 (c) Network Asssociates 01- 4-2002 PGP.Disk Encryption.v.7.11.WinAll 01- 4-2002 PGP.Fire.v.7.11.WinAll 01- 4-2002 PGP.Mail.Encryption.v.7.11.WinAll 01- 4-2002 PGPmail.Lotus.Notes.Domino.Server.Configurator.v7.11 01- 4-2002 PGP.Admin.v.7.11.WinAll 01- 4-2002 PGP.Vpn.Client.v.7.11.WinAll ------------------------------------------ 01- 8-2002 PGP.E-Business.Server.Point...

program work with an existing program
hi all, i want to write a program to work with an existing program (e.g. a program may work with icq or internet explorer). does anybody know how to link a program to an existing program? Thanks!! Jeffery On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Jeffery Lam wrote: > hi all, > > i want to write a program to work with an existing program (e.g. a program > may work with icq or internet explorer). does anybody know how to link a > program to an existing program? Thanks!! You will have to define what 'link' means. Once you do that the answer will most likely depend on the operating system...

Parallel program to on-line program
I'd like to write a program that runs at the same time as an on-line program. It should be able to read the messages that are sent to the on-line program. By on-line program I mean one that receives input from a web connection. I suppose I'd have to discover what port was being used, by trial and error, but I have no idea how to go about the job. Any ideas? Bob Richardson wrote: > I'd like to write a program that runs at the same time as an on-line > program. It should be able to read the messages that are sent to the > on-line program. By on-line program...

Right time at the right place.
Hello fellow computer and internet user, Its our time to EARN residual income from the computer repair and internet expensis we have.I don't want to waste important your time, just give me a chance to reveal these honest to goodness "Internet Money Earning Secrets!". Our system is AUTOMATED so you don't have to worry about personal rejection. And, when you do find someone who's really serious about improving their finances, our automated system presents your business opportunity to them, one step at a time. People that have read this same email just 1-2 months ago, are now making the kind of income they knew they were worth! What would you do, and whom would you spend your time with, when you're earning the kind of profits you'd like? It's easy to get started as a FREE member NO OBLIGATION. Just Email me. Ferdinand_arche@yahoo.com with subjext line "Register me for free demo" and please include your: First name: Last Name: Country you represent: And just check your inbox for confirmation. If you don't want the business,you can unsubscribe anytime. Sincerely, Ferdinand Arche ***************************************************************** Note: Just hit reply with " REMOVE" in the subject for no further emails. ...

Microsoft and rights management. right...
What M$ has in store for you. http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget In article <jpolaski-457F9F.17031301102003@netnews.attbi.com>, Jim Polaski wrote: > What M$ has in store for you. > > http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 Gosh...Microsoft providing what the customers want. How evil of them. -- Evidence Eliminator is worthless. See evidence-eliminator-sucks.com --Tim Smith In article <t7%fb.2706$Qy2.138@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote: > In article <jpolaski-457F9F.17031301102003@netnews.attbi.com>, Jim Polaski > wrote: > > What M$ has in store for you. > > > > http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2003/9/25/101437/094 > > Gosh...Microsoft providing what the customers want. How evil of them. I hope you had your tongue firmly in cheek when you typed that! <G> I saw this the other day and figure out I'll handle it just like I handle unwanted callers on my phone and spam in my email, only a bit more forcefully. Should I receive one of these idiot secure documents or email, just bounce them right back! But a question arises, if it is 'secure' but only can...

Web resources about - Adminstrative rights - comp.programming

Adminstrative assistant accuses Conn. mayor of sexual harassment
Adminstrative assistant accuses Conn. mayor of sexual harassment

Sergeant Saulet Placed on Adminstrative Leave
King County Sergeant Patrick "K.C." Saulet, who threatened to arrest me after I took photos of him other cops downtown, has been placed on administrative ...

Facebook career postings: engineering, London, account management, more
... Ad Operations Specialist, Mid Market Sales (Dublin) Platform Associate Sales Manager (Tokyo) Operational Data Analyst (Austin) Adminstrative ...

Template talk:Infobox UK place/Archive 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oldham and Stretford versions (using new Greater Manchester map) are no longer working. I've tried my best, but the co-ordinate settings ...

Berrima
Tourist information for visitors to Berrima - where to go, what to see and do, where to stay and eat.

UNE - UNE - Index to UNEweb
Skip navigation to main content Global UNE Links: C ontacts - I ndex - Staff D irectory - A skUNE - my U NE S earch UNE’s website: UNE Web Staff ...

Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra
TBSO: The soundtrack of your life

Oh, By The Way…
... writer would have had some questions about Komen’s books. For example: according to the foundation’s 2010 annual report , money spent on adminstrative ...

Motorola apparently concerned about ITC review of Microsoft decision
[Update] Two and a half months after I wrote the post below, I received information (from a reliable, protected source) about a near-simultaneous ...

GSA Statement on Resignation of Martha Johnson, Ouster of Bob Peck
The U.S. General Services Administration issued a