The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 3.3.1
CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library.
Version 3.3.1 is a bug-fix release for version 3.3. No new features
been added in 3.3.1. The following corrections have been made:
- Intel C++ 9 was wrongly recognized as unsupported by install_cgal.
- Added autolink (for Visual C++) for the CGALImageIO and CGALPDB
- Fixed bug in Memory_sizer when using more than 4GB of memory
- Fixed bug in FPU rounding mode macros (affected only the alpha
- Fixed bug in MP_Float constructor from double for some particular
- Fixed forgotten derivation in Circular_kernel_2::Has_on_2
Skin Surface Meshing
- The new Skin Surface Meshing package had been forgotten in the list
changes and the release announcement of CGAL 3.3:
This package allows to build a triangular mesh of a skin surface.
Skin surfaces are used for modeling large molecules in biological
- Fixed a bug in the Arrangement_2 package in dual arrangement
for Boost graphs when reporting all halfedges of a face.
- Fixed a bug in the Arrangement sweep-line when using a specific
- Fixed bug in Arrangement_2 in walk along a line point location for
- Fixed bug in aggregated insertion to Arrangement_2.
- Fixed bug in Arrangment_2 class when inserting an unbounded curve
an existing vertex.
- Fixed bug when dealing with a degenerate conic arc in
of the Arrangment package, meaning a line segment which is part of
- Fixed bug in the Bezier traits-class:
properly handle line segments.
properly handle comparison near a vertical tangency.
- Fixed bug in degenerate case of Polygon_2::is_convex() for equal
- Fixed bug in Regular_triangulation_2.
- Fixed bug in Interpolation 3D about the normalization coefficient
3D Boolean Operations on Nef Polyhedra
- Fixed bug in construction of Nef_polyhedron_3 from off-file.
Now, always the inner volume is selected.
- Fixed bug in conversion from Nef_polyhedron_3 to Polyhedron_3.
Polyhedron_3 was not cleared at the beginning.
- Fixed bug in Nef_polyhedron_3 in update of indexes for construction
Third Party Libraries Shipped with CGAL
- TAUCS supports now 64 bits platforms.
- CAUTION: Since version 3.3.1, CGAL is no longer compatible with the
release of TAUCS (currently 2.2). Make sure to use the
modified by the CGAL project and available from the
section of http://www.cgal.org.
See http://www.cgal.org/releases.html for a complete list of changes.