Computer operating systems #2 #2

Are you crazy about different operating systems like C++,
java in computers?
If you want to check about that please visit
http://operatingsys.blogspot.com/
0
P.G.Aravindh (117)
4/6/2008 8:15:30 AM
comp.programming 11491 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

2 Versions Software, 2 Drives, 2 Operating Systems ?
Hello, I have my hard drive in several partitions/drives and currently use Win 98SE and Easy CD 6. If I set up a dual boot with Win 98SE and XP, can I have Easy CD Creator 6 run on the 98SE drive, and have Easy CD Creator 7.5 run on the XP drive? Will they "coexist" on the same machine? I have many disks of data saved with Easy CD Creator 3 (or 4) and want to continue using version 6 until I've retrieved all the data. If the software would peacefully coexist, I wouldn't have to wait to add and use the XP and version 7.5 as well. Thanks for any thoughts, Ellen On 20 Apr 2005, "Ellen Hall" <ellen_hall_@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in news:tiF9e.10164$sp3.2046@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > I have my hard drive in several partitions/drives and currently > use Win 98SE and Easy CD 6. If I set up a dual boot with Win 98SE > and XP, can I have Easy CD Creator 6 run on the 98SE drive, and > have Easy CD Creator 7.5 run on the XP drive? Will they "coexist" > on the same machine? Yes, they will. As long as you install ECDC7 in a different directory, the two operating systems won't be aware of what the other OS has installed. I ran ECDC 3 on Win98 and ECDC 4 on Windows 2000 for a long time with no problems. Thank you very much. I was waiting for someone to tell me not to try it and was pleasantly surprised to read your response! "Nil" <rednoise@REMOVETHIScom...

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

program #2 #2
can nybody help me out to solve this problem, Problem::: Consider a domestic Airport which has two runways. A flight takes 10 minutes to land .Assume the flight is ready to land.Each runway can be used by only one aircraft at any given time.The landing flight run on the free runway.If more than one flight needs to land then available runways then check the fuel reservers at both the flight are more than 10000 gallons then the flight longest time waiting get the preference & if the fuel reserve is less than 10000 gallons than the flight having lesser fuel resreve get the preference . Ass...

computer #2 #2
A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions. The first devices that resemble modern computers date to the mid-20th century (around 1940 - 1945), although the computer concept and various machines similar to computers existed earlier. Early electronic computers were the size of a large room, consuming as much power as several hundred modern personal computers.[1] Modern computers are based on tiny integrated circuits and are millions to billions of times more capable while occupying a fraction of the space. [2] Today, simple computers may be made small eno...

Computer operating systems #2
Are you crazy about different operating systems like C++, java in computers? If you want to check about that please visit http://operatingsys.blogspot.com/ * George: > Are you crazy about different operating systems like C++, > java in computers? > If you want to check about that please visit > [some blog page].com/ This is off-topic in comp.lang.c++. I'm not sure whether it's spam, although you've posted the same article under two different names. But if it isn't spam, please stop posting this message (and by the way, neither C++ nor Java are operating system...

Computer operating systems #2
Are you crazy about different operating systems like C++, java in computers? If you want to check about that please visit http://operatingsys.blogspot.com/ ...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

Wanted: Computer Gaming World issues 2.2, 2.4, 4.1 #2
Good day, I am looking for the following issues of Computer Gaming World magazine: 2.2, 2.4 (1982) 4.1 (1984) I'm willing to purchase or trade... thanks for your help! Steph -- cgw.vintagegaming.org The Computer Gaming World Museum ...

Wanted: Computer Gaming World issues 2.2, 2.4, 4.1 #2
Good day, I am looking for the following issues of Computer Gaming World magazine: 2.2, 2.4 (1982) 4.1 (1984) I'm willing to purchase or trade... thanks for your help! Steph -- cgw.vintagegaming.org The Computer Gaming World Museum ...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

problems with in 2.3.2 developed modules used with 2.2.2
Sorry for the long header of this mail ;-) Has anyone experienced modules developed in 2.3.2 (using IDLE and = PythonWin as IDE) don't work under 2.2.2.... I mean basic stuff like it = can not see classes from your .py file, so an import fails? It almost likes that in my case 2.2.2 doesn't like the file format = generated by IDLE or PythonWin in 2.3.2. Does someone know if this is a known problem? Vincent Try deleting the .pyc version of the file... maybe 2.2.2 doesn't realize that the magic number is wrong and that it should recompile from the .py source. Kevin. "Raa...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

computers and laptops #2 #2
my site have all the latest information about larest models of desktop and laptops computers and accessorries do visit it. http://acr-computerandlaptops.blogspot.com/ ...

review computer #2 #2
http://cheapcomputer.blogspot.com ...

Socket Programming #2 #2
Hi All, I'm a newbe to socket programming, I need to work on a project that has to be developed in C++ or Visual C++ ( I have 8.0 version) console application. which will be execute from a Java GUI application using dos command and pass a userid, password and a port number( to connect back to Java GUI using TCPprovided ) using the user and password information I need to connect to a vendor using there API and get the information from the vendor and pa it back to the Java GUI appl using the port number provided. Some of my questions How do I connect back to Java GUI using the provided por...

ethernet between 2 computers #2
I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a switch between them everything works fine. So far I tried arp -s <host> <HW> and I reinstalled network-cards without success. Since I own a working switch this is not a real problem, but I don't understand what is going on here. On 2006-01-25, milagro.kekua@booomail.com <milagro.kekua@booomail.com> wrote: > I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at > home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a > switch between them everything works fine. I've saw that behavour sometimes when NICs have troubles auto-adjusting between each other. With the switch in between they work in autosensing, so the switch is acting as a 'buffer' between the two. You could try to force the cards in the same way (using mii-tool), but if you have a switch is much better. Davide -- BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go! milagro.kekua@booomail.com wrote: > I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at > home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a > switch between them everything works fine. I presume when not using the switch you are using a "standard" CAT5 cable: you probably need to use a cross-over cable between two ethernet cards. I say probably because whil...

Auction: RARE Vintage IBM Operating System/2 Ver 1.00 OS/2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Vintage-IBM-Operating-System-2-Ver-1-00-OS-2_W0QQitemZ8702699718QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-10-05 15:01:31 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:42:58 UTC, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: -> >http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Vintage-IBM-Operating-System-2-Ver-1-00-OS-2_W0QQitemZ8702699718QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -> Ends Oct-10-05 15:01:31 PDT Sigh, where was all this stuff when I needed it. I have a 1.0 SE but its 5.25" diskettes. Had to make floppies from images someone sent me for the 3.5" disks I needed to install on the 50Z. Speaking of rare versions of OS/2, has anyone seen any Microsoft branded versions of OS/2? When I worked with OS/2, it was always m$ versions that IBM supplied to us. I could never figure that out. Since I started collecting all these old versions for the museum, every one has been the IBM branded version, though someone sent me a couple manuals from a m$ package. Mark -- From the eComStation of Mark Dodel http://www.os2voice.org Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org Mark Dodel schrieb: > ... has anyone seen any Microsoft > branded versions of OS/2? I bought a still shrinkwrapped HP branded package of MS OS/2 1.21 SE in 1994 second hand together with my LAN Manager 2.2 update. I had to mix with files (all Microchannel related driv...

ADV: Ozibug 2.2
Tortuga Technologies has released version 2.2 of Ozibug, its web-based bug tracking system. Ozibug is a platform-independent, web-based bug tracking system which can be installed and run straight out of the box on any Java servlet capable platform. It provides key features such as audit trails, file attachments, multiple module support, email notifications, system statistics, xml data storage, custom reports and RSS feeds. For those who require more flexibility, it also offers fine grained access control, full internationalization, database storage, pluggable authentication plus customizable appearance, email notifications and reference data. This release introduces a custom HTML summary report with a display format similar to the bug summary page but which includes any selected fields. Also included are a simplified method of setting the default filter and an option to allow guests to update their details. Plus minor enhancements for the presentation of preference validation errors, filtering and template processing. There are two editions of Ozibug. The fully featured Enterprise Edition including support and upgrades is available for purchase online, while the basic Community Edition is available for no cost (both feature unlimited users/bugs). For more information and access to the demonstration systems visit the Ozibug Home Page at http://www.ozibug.com/ ...

Web resources about - Computer operating systems #2 #2 - comp.programming

Forward operating base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A forward operating base (FOB) is any secured forward military position, commonly a military base , that is used to support tactical operations. ...

Air India operating longest women-staffed flight for International Women's Day
To mark International Women's Day, India's state airline Air India is operating what it claims to be the world's longest flight staffed only ...

Operating as a company or a sole trader, how much choice do you have?
Max Newnham answers readers' taxation questions.

Suspended driver faces charge of illegally operating taxi
A driver who was allegedly illegally operating a taxi in Melbourne's CBD early in the morning has been charged.

Time Warner's Operating Profit Falls as Turner Sheds Subscribers
Time Warner Inc. posted a decline in fourth-quarter operating profit as its Turner cable-network division lost subscribers, adding to investors' ...

WhatsApp Pulling Support for Older Devices, Operating Systems
... very different from today. The Apple iTunes App Store was only a few months old. About 70 percent of smartphones sold at the time had operating ...

Apple Maps vans operating around the clock in run-up to 'iOS 10' debut
With Apple widely expected to announce improvements for its in-house mapping effort alongside "iOS 10" this summer, the company's fleet of sensor-laden ...

Transform Windows 10 into the operating system it should be
Windows 10 is a decent operating system, but there are a lot of niggles with it that I find frustrating, and I know I’m not alone in this. I’m ...

One of Microsoft's most lucrative products is coming to an operating system Steve Ballmer likened to ...
... company's flagship database software, has long been one of the company's most lucrative enterprise products, alongside its Windows Server operating ...

Robot Rondo Crashes Operating System, Earns Bizarre Back-To-Back Delay Of Game Fouls
The Oklahoma City Thunder grabbed two technical foul free throws with 1.2 seconds left in the half at Sacramento tonight when Rajon Rondo found ...