Good eBook : Introduction to Parallel Processing Algorithms and Architectures

Found at one free ebook site.

Behrooz Parhami: Introduction to Parallel Processing Algorithms and
Architectures

http://ebook.mazudi.com/?w=parallel+processor+system.
0
surejaya (19)
5/15/2008 1:58:41 AM
comp.programming 11491 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Parallel programming may not be so daunting: 'Lock-free' parallel algorithms match performance with wait-free
Hello, Parallel programming may not be so daunting: 'Lock-free' parallel algorithms match performance with wait-free Read more here: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140324154049.htm Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

very good site for download ebooks,program,...
http://www.persianadmins.com ...

Parallel Programming, Math, and the Curse of the Algorithm
Note. All of you senile old geeks on the comp.arch newsgroups need not bother to read the rest of this post. ahahaha... It's not meant for you. ahahaha... _________________________ http://rebelscience.blogspot.com/2007/10/parallel-programming-math-and-curse-of.html From the Blog: "Mathematicians and the Birth of the Algorithmic Computer Adding more processing cores to a CPU should have been a relatively painless evolution of computer technology but it turned out to be a real pain in the ass, programming wise. Why? To understand the problem, we must go back to the very beginning of...

Board architecture choice? parallel or serial processing?
Hi all, I'm strugling making the right choice for our new board. I Need something like 2 GFLOPS in order to process audio. Audio is sampled with 44Ks/s externally and internally at 10xFS. I have been aiming at the ADSP-21161 or ADSP-21261 as a target. I know there are 2 ways of processing; Parallel and serial. I have no clue how to create a parallel system ( bus arbiter, software ). Does VDSP divides the code over the DSP's or do you have to program th parallel processes manually? I do know how to create a serial system, but it's not that flexible. Anyhow the board is less compl...

Parallel program to on-line program
I'd like to write a program that runs at the same time as an on-line program. It should be able to read the messages that are sent to the on-line program. By on-line program I mean one that receives input from a web connection. I suppose I'd have to discover what port was being used, by trial and error, but I have no idea how to go about the job. Any ideas? Bob Richardson wrote: > I'd like to write a program that runs at the same time as an on-line > program. It should be able to read the messages that are sent to the > on-line program. By on-line program...

Here is some good php ebooks
here is some free books regarding php programming. you members should suggest some other good php programming ebooks resource avaliable in web. we can make this free php programming ebook and tutorial/ materials a good one. www.more-php.blogspot.com ...

Are there any research group focus on architecture or parallel processing in German?
Hi, all I'm considering Ph.D. study in German. To match my background, I need find a research group focus on architecture or parallel processing to support my study. Who can kindly provide me some information about such institute in German? Thanks In article <cf79tk$g1v$1@news01.intel.com>, Ma, Jing <majing_student@yahoo.com.cn> wrote: >I'm considering Ph.D. study in German. To match my background, I need find a >research group focus on architecture or parallel processing to support my >study. Who can kindly provide me some information about such institute in ...

solutions of problems of advance computer architecture and parallel processing
hi, are there anyone have solutions of problems of advance computer architecture and parallel processing for HESHAM EL-REWINI thanks in advance ...

Need good word processing program that can transfer to computer.
I'm writing a story, and I don't always have time to sit at my computer and type. Does anyone know where I can find a program that I can transfer documentation to and from my computer. I have one already on my Zire m150 v4.0, but it can only have a maximum character capacity of 1350 or something. So, anyone know where to find one with a large capacity of characters per page? The one that I have is Memo Pad v4.0. Thanks I'm a writter and have found too many editor options for Palm to try them all. If you want a free edito...

Evolutionary algorithm for assigning processes to processors in a parallel processor system.
We want to run a program in a system of parallel processors. The program is consisted of a large number of "N" processes which will run in a small number of "n" processors. Since the communications between processes are quite time consuming, we assign processes that communicate with each other to the same processor. To minimize the time for completing the processes we could assign them all in one processor but this eliminates the advantage of parallel processing. This means that there is a requirement for handling the process load in each processor. The requirement is that each processor should contribute equally in the processing. The problem could be modeled in the following way: We have a set Ci,j of communications between processes i and j. Assume that its process requires the same processing power. This means that its processor is assigned with the same number of processes. Use an Evolutionary Algorithm to assign "N" processes to "n" processors. Could someone help me with the source code needed for this problem? Preferably in Matlab or Java... but any other language is acceptable. <chris.kourou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f54b346c-c39b-4457-93d2-8c72863d4104@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > We want to run a program in a system of parallel processors. The > program is consisted of a large number of "N" processes which will run > in a small number of "n" processors. Since the communication...

CFP: CGO Workshop on Data-Parallel Programming Models for Many-Core Architectures
The call for participation for the CGO Workshop on Data-Parallel Programming Models for Many-Core Architectures has been posted. CFP Link: http://groups.google.com/group/dataparallel/web/cfp-cgo-workshop-2007?hl=en Participating institutions: Electronic Arts, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, PeakStream, RapidMind, Microsoft, University of New South Wales -- ...

Does good process imply good software
hi all, will you explain me whether if you follow a good process can we gurant a good product thank you in advance Rajee rajithav wrote: > will you explain me whether if you follow a good process can we gurant > a good product The description of some processes can be mis interpretted. The classic example is this: "The requirements of a software program drive the design of its code elements. These must be implemented and tested carefully." That's too simple to be false, but thousands of shops misread statements like those. They hear, "Collect all the requirements for a program before designing its code. Finish the design before implementing any code. After writing the code, carefully test it to remove bugs." Worse, some sources actually teach you to work in long phases like that. They cause major trouble. If several months (or longer) elapse between collecting a requirement and testing it, you might not know if you got the requirement right. Testing reveals this. If months elapse between designing the code and writing tests for it, the code might not have been written in a way that makes testing easy. All those situations prevent good feedback. The best processes require teams to collect immediate feedback on each of their decisions. If they decide to write feature X, they should commit to design, implement, test, and deploy that feature within a week. This discipline forces as much feedback possible on each decision. The best process...

Japanese eBooks, programs, games, programs, other ...
Japanese eBooks, programs, games, programs, other ... week 39/2004 CG.World.Magazine.Vol.10.Sep.2004.Japanese.eBook week 11/2004 AMACOM.DoCoMo.Japans.Wireless.Tsunami.How.One.Mobile.Telecom.Created.A.New.Market.and.Became.A.Global.Force.eBook week 04/2004 Art.of.Japan.Crossword.v1.0 ------------------------------------------------ week 41/2003 EasyRead_2002_English-Japanese_v1.0.1.855 included in the EasyRead_2002_English-French_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-German_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Greek_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Hungarian_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Italian_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Japanese_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Russian_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Spanish_v1.0.1.855 EasyRead_2002_English-Traditional_Chinese_v1.0.1.855 ------------------------------------------------ week 36/2003 Japanese.Puzzle.DELUXE.v1.30.WinAll 06- 0-03 12| Declan's Japanese Dictionary v1.0.2116 29/ 4/03 6| Declans Japanese Dictionary v1.0.2110 29/ 4/03 6| Declans Japanese FlashCards v1.0.153 29/ 4/03 6| Declans Korean Dictionary v1.0.1113 29/ 4/03 6| Declans Korean FlashCards v1.0.2048 29/ 4/03 6| Declans Korean HakGyo v2.1.2037 20/ 1/03 6| NJSTAR Japanese Word Processor 4.35 v4.35.20918(C) NJStar Software 18/ 0/02 9| Japanese Mosaic Puzzles v1.6 (C) Divo Games 06/ 8/02 1| The.Jcwd-Japanese.Puzzles.v3.5 04- 6-02 12| Yavsoft Japanolle v1.3 WinALL 02- 9-02 10| Aroha.Japanese.English.Dictionar...

My program searches for good parameters
Are you working with a computer program for which you don't know the best values for some numbers in the configuration file? You may be able to use our Meta-Evolver to systematically search for them. Metavolv is open source and a free download. The attached HTML file, and diagram, is the documentation. Mitchell Timin -- I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net. If you want to write software, or articles, or do testing or research for ANNEvolve, let me know. Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number) zenguy at shaw666 dot ca I have a prog...

Good ebook site [For Me]. 6000+ ebook index
I think this is a good ebook site http://dl.mazudi.com worth to try ...

Does good process imply good software #2
hi all, will you explain me whether if you follow a good process can we gurant a good product thank you in advance Rajee ...

Good ebook site [For Me]. 6000+ ebook index
I think this is a good ebook site. You can search for any ebook title. http://dl.mazudi.com worth to try ...

[ANN] parallel 1.3: simple parallel processing.
Version 1.3 of ssh_parallel and parallel have been released. This release features much better error handling in ssh_parallel, so network errors are less likely to cause jobs to go missing. Additionally, it allows you to specify a nice level for processes. Same as the last time, I'm interested in any comments/critiques anyone may have. Original release notes (with updated URLs): If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | pipieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform ...

introduction to programming
Dear folks I'm looking for good sites/material for this topic: Introduction to programming, using Javascript. So, not introduction to programming *in" Javascript. Well, I guess this would be in a way included anyway, but I would like to use Javascript/HTML/Browser as programming environment for pupils who have no idea of programming so far. Any tip would be much appreciated. Thanks Martin Martin Schmied a �crit : > Dear folks > > I would like to use > Javascript/HTML/Browser as programming environment for pupils who have > no idea of programming so far. In french : G�n�ral : <http://www.salemioche.net/pasapas.php> HTML : <http://magali.contensin.free.fr/html/SYNTAXE_HTML/cours_html.html> <http://pagesperso-orange.fr/chatinais/courhtml/somrhtml.htm> JavaScript : <http://pagesperso-orange.fr/chatinais/coursjs/somrjs.htm> <http://www.salemioche.net/javascript.php> <http://www.cmi.univ-mrs.fr/~contensi/CNFPT/index.php> Mais tout n'est pas "uptodate" .... -- sm Martin Schmied said the following on 1/12/2008 5:24 AM: > Dear folks > > I'm looking for good sites/material for this topic: > > Introduction to programming, using Javascript. There have to be at least 100 languages better suited for what you want. > So, not introduction to programming *in" Javascript. Well, I guess this > would be in a way included anyway, but I would like to use > Javascript/H...

good algorithms come with practice and reading good code/books?
I am a newbie and going through "The C programming language" by Kernighan & Richie on my own time (I'm not a programmer but I want to learn because it can save me time in my normal job, and it is kind of fun). As I go through the book, I seek to do all the exercises because they are very useful, and good, but it seems like I am just stumbling through somewhat. In particular, I don't really know how to think about "catching errors", or how my thought process should be. Right now, I just try to come up with an algorithm by following the book and improvising. I'll then try to test my code by throwing different things at it (for instance, different types of input in different forms) and see if it breaks, I then try to figure out why it broke and then patch in the fix. My time is somewhat limited and I cannot at this time take a C class at a junior college, but I was wondering if this is just part of learning? Do I just need to continue reading various texts, practicing, and studying code and I will acquire error checking and more robust code over time? Any suggestions, hints, words of advice, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. Here is my program by the way: #include <stdio.h> //program that counts the number of words and total chars // but without whitespace, and newlines // tracks going in/out of words for purpose of counting #define IN 1 //inside a word #define OUT 1 //outside a word main () { int c; //var that h...

About parallel programming
Hello... My dear programmers and hardware engineers , as you have seen me here on this forums, i have showed you how to reason about parallel programming and synchronization mechanisms, parallel programming is not hard i think, since i have worked on it for sometime now, because to know what is a race condition is something easy, and to know what is sequential consistency is simple and how to make a correct sequentialy consistent program on weak and strong memory models and such is also not so difficult... and to know what is lock convoy or priority inversion is something easy ...

How good are you at programming?
http://science.raphael.poss.name/programming-levels.html "The table characterizes the proficiency level (columns) of programmers of a particular programming language in the context of different programming activities (rows)." "This table is inspired by the CEFR table of the same name, for assessing proficiency in natural languages. Like the CEFR, this table divides learners into three broad level divisions: "Basic user" (A), "Independent user" (B) and "Proficient user" (C). The broad divisions are each further divid...

Parallel programing
Hello. I have at least one problem :). Iam triing over 3 hours find the simple way how to rewrite old serial code to paralel. I bought 4-core PC and a have matlab 2007a with distributed toolbox. In my old code I have lot of monte-carlo simulations with 50 realization and i would like start 4 at same time. I found something about jobmanager, scheduler and stuff like this but i im still looking for someting simplerer. some way how to call labs in pmode for example :)... thanks ...

Parallel programming
Hello, I have come to an interresting subject... I have offen read some comments about parallel programming and Object oriented programming and Functional programming, and i will bring my comments about them... You will read about parallel programming that it's hard/difficult , cause parallel programming adds more layers to serial programming, in those added layers in parallel programming we have to think not only about serial programming algorithmic and such... but we have also to think about parallel correctness and parallel performance... and i have heared comments tha...

Web resources about - Good eBook : Introduction to Parallel Processing Algorithms and Architectures - comp.programming

Coding the Architecture
Coding the Architecture

High-tech architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
High-tech architecture , also known as Late Modernism or Structural Expressionism , is an architectural style that emerged in the 1970s, incorporating ...

Tesla hires yet another chip architecture titan out of Apple’s PA Semi, feeding the rumor that it plans ...
If there’s indeed a poaching chess game going on between Tesla and Apple , it would appear the automaker is winning in acquiring quality pieces. ...

AMD Unveils GPU Architecture Roadmap: After Polaris Comes Vega
Although AMD’s GDC 2016 “Capsaicin” event was primarily focused on game development – it is the Game Developers Conference, after all – AMD did ...

Pere Ubu released 'Architecture Of Language 1979-1982′ box set
Pere Ubu frontman David Thomas talks about how the band's idea of "datapanik" is more relevant than ever.

The architecture in the new Terrence Malick film is like nothing we've seen in a movie before
Director Terrence Malick is famous for capturing stunning images of nature, but in his new film, "Knight of Cups," he turns his attention to ...

AIA: "Modest Expansion for Architecture Billings Index"
Note: This index is a leading indicator primarily for new Commercial Real Estate (CRE) investment. From the AIA: Modest Expansion for Architecture ...

China's weird architecture
The unusual, the imaginative and the just plain strange

Cisco Launches New Digital Architecture That Will 'Change The DNA Of The Channel'
Cisco is significantly changing its enterprise networking model from hardware to a software, service-centric approach with the launch of its ...

This week's biggest architecture and design stories on Dezeen
Nike unveiled its Back to the Future-style shoes this week on Dezeen and Heatherwick's Garden Bridge moved one step closer to reality