How to Use Standard Input in C++ for a 2D coordinates

Hi,

I am new to c++ programming.Could anyone tell me how I can use
standard input in c++ to read 2D coordinates? e.g., read n elements
which have x-coordinates and y-coordinates.

Could anyone show me a simple example? Thanks very much.

---Tonny

comp.programming 10945 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tonny wrote:

> I am new to c++ programming.Could anyone tell me how I can use
> standard input in c++ to read 2D coordinates? e.g., read n elements
> which have x-coordinates and y-coordinates.
>
> Could anyone show me a simple example? Thanks very much.

Why not use a soft language (if you are going to have to learn a new
language anyway), and read SVG format thru an XML reader?

If you simply must use C++, for a real technical reason, whip out your
"tinyxml" and use that to read simple SVG format.

If you can't change the format of the input coordinates, find the forum
which covers the format you must use, and ask your question there!

But it bears repeating that the complexity of C++ is not indicated for such
a simple task!

--
  Phlip

0
Phlip
11/11/2007 4:16:51 AM
Tonny wrote:
> I am new to c++ programming.Could anyone tell me how I can use
> standard input in c++ to read 2D coordinates? e.g., read n elements
> which have x-coordinates and y-coordinates.
>
> Could anyone show me a simple example? Thanks very much.

First step is to define your input format to be whatever is easiest
to parse using easy C++ constructs.  I'm not a C++ expert, but off
the top of my head, the easiest way to do this would be to say that
every coordinate is a decimal number and all the points are separated
by white space (spaces within a line or even line endings).  For
example, here's a sample input file containing the points (2.5,-3)
and (0,8):

	2.5 -3
	0 8

The following would also be equivalent:

	2.5 -3 0 8

As would this:

	2.5
	-3 0
	8

You'll note that even in the last example, the -3 and the 0 aren't part
of the same pair.  That's just to drive home the point that the position
on the line doesn't matter.

Second step would be to write some simple code to use the built-in
simple input stream parsing to do 99% of the work for you.  For
example:

     #include <iostream>

     int main(void) {
         float x1, y1;
         float x2, y2;

         // read two points
         std::cin >> x1 >> y1;
         std::cin >> x2 >> y2;

         // write them back out to verify they were read correctly
         std::cout << "first point: (" << x1 << "," << y1 << ")" << std::endl;
         std::cout << "second point: (" << x2 << "," << y2 << ")" << std::endl;
     }

I've omitted error checking and all that, but it gets the point across.
You would probably want to make some sort of "read a point from std::cin"
function, but I've left that out as well, because that's not really
specific to the concept of reading points.  You might also want to
make it read from a particular file instead of just the standard input,
but that just amounts to replacing "std::cin" with a variable.

   - Logan
0
Logan

Use of cluster
Hi I am not familar with the use of cluster,. See my attahed in verion 7.1 How am I going to manipulate the contols or indicators, I supposed only property node can work, isn't it? &nbsp; Clement cluster1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/177767/1/cluster1.vi If you want to change the values of the cluster elements on the front panel, then you can either write to the Value property of the cluster (or the Value property of the individual cluster elements), write to a local variable of the cluster, or write to the indicator terminal (in the case of a cluster indicator).&...

Question about using split
All I have a string which I want to split on the characters "SA", simple enough, I also want to (in the same expression) split on "sa" just to catch any lowercase characters, however I would like the characters SA/sa to remain in the array after the split, it's simple enough to append it back on, but it is a little clumsy and has caused some problems. Can anyone suggest a solution? PT In article <binuh4$bf0j0$1@ID-116287.news.uni-berlin.de>, Max Adams <rubberducky703@hotmail.com> wrote: : All I have a string which I want to split on the characters ...

Re: Advancing AAAA to Full standard ? #4
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Mark Andrews wrote: > > > > IPv6 has both active and deprecated addresses and we don't > > have a way of reflecting these states in the DNS. > > What's wrong with deleting the deprecated address RRs? Well you can still send packets to and from these addresses. They are deprecated not gone. Being deprecated you don't want to use these for new sessions, if you can avoid doing so, but you still need to maintain the association between the name and the address. Mark -- Mark Andrews, ISC 1 Seymour St., Dunda...

Having Trouble with File I/O (win32 API) -- Using NASM and ALINK
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I run the exe, and a file is not created. I'm still trying to figure out how to debug this thing in windows. I assembled the below code with: nasm -f obj createfile.asm alink -oPE -subsys con createfile.obj Here's my source code: import CreateFileA kernel32.dll import ExitProcess kernel32.dll import CloseHandle kernel32.dll import WriteFile kernel32.dll extern CreateFileA extern ExitProcess extern CloseHandle extern WriteFile %include "win32n.inc" ; downloaded at rs1.szif.hu/~tomcat/win32 -- contains definitions for win32 par...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 5+yrs exp., Port IC HW, FPGA board design, C++; (45338632408)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 5+yrs exp., Port IC HW, FPGA board design, C++; (45338632408) ============================================================================================== Position: Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01781 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BSEE and 5+ years experience Experience porting IC Hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) to FPGA. Experience with FPGA board design and validation. Required software skills: C++, Assembly language, knowledge ...

updated "Using Python From IDL" ebook
All, I just added a chapter to the ebook on creating tones from IDL using a Pyth= on package called pyaudio. I also found a free plugin for Visual Studio th= at gives you a good IDE for python. (http://pytools.codeplex.com/) This not only gives a nice DE it also allows us to do interactive debugging= with Python from IDL. Of course, I explain it all in the book which can b= e purchased here (http://www.rlkling.com/using-python-from-idl.htm) for $5.= 00 US. If you have already purchased the book you are supposed to get free= updates. Thanks! Ronn Kling On Wednesday, Jul...

How to find free disk space using C
Hi, I am trying to incorporate a code snippet which would calculate the free disk space of any drive passed to it as argument but presently stuck with it. Can anyone help me out with sample code? I have already tried with the follwoing: typedef BOOL (WINAPI *P_GDFSE)(LPCTSTR, PULARGE_INTEGER, PULARGE_INTEGER, PULARGE_INTEGER); void main (int argc, char **argv) { BOOL fResult; char *pszDrive = NULL, szDrive[4]; DWORD dwSectPerClust, dwBytesPerSect, dwFreeClusters, dwTotalClusters; ...

When to use Tcl_DecrRefCount() and when not to?
I am using SWIG to interface a C library (libgpgme) that uses callbacks to Tcl and have written some C code to implement Tcl coded callbacks. The SWIG interface code looks like this: %{ /* C Structure containing the Tcl_Interp and the script prefix. */ typedef struct { Tcl_Interp *theinterp; Tcl_Obj *thecommand; } tcl_callback_hook; /* Actual C callback, that evals a Tcl script made from the stored script prefix, with the callback parameters uid_hint, passphrase_info, and prev_was_bad lappended. The result of this evaluation is written to the file descr...

using coherence function
Hi All, I'm having some trouble understanding how to use the "mscohere" command to get my coherence function. I have a bunch of force and corresponding acceleration signals which I have measured at one point in my test structure. I know I have to use the average of all of these in the coherence function. From the "mscohere" command in matlab, I see that the inputs are x and y, which in my case would be force and acc. however this just allows me to look at one measurement, not the average of all the measurements. If I were to just use 1 measurement, the coherence funct...

Need some help with pre-processign functions in C using Doxygen ...
Hi, I'm currently documenting source code in C and would like to skip some functions that don't need to be documented. The syntax that I'm using is defined below. #ifndef SKIP /* Code to be skipped */ #endif SKIP Where SKIP= Predifined Tag Name I'd like to know if anyone on this list has been using Doxygen to pre-process code fragments. In case you do pre-process the code, I'd appreciate your inputs with an alternative method to ignore code fragments. The problem is that Doxygen compiles it but the C compiler reads the /* Code to be skipped */ as comments !!! Plea...

using setTimeout when using prototype
I have an object, and I define the following: var processForm=new Object(); processForm=function(inservleturl) { this.inservleturl = inservleturl; this.submitForm(); } processForm.prototype.submitForm2=function() { } processForm.prototype.submitForm=function() { setTimeout("submitStep2()", 20); } How can the submitForm function's setTimeout call submitStep2? Thank you. processForm=function(inservleturl) { this.inservleturl = inservleturl; this.submitForm(); } processForm.prototype.submitForm2=function() { ...

OT: What filtering does Hotmail use?
This is completely off-topic, but I hope someone here knows the answer.=20 When talking to one of my sisters today I asked about an invitation I = sent her last week to her hotmail.com address. She said that she did not = receive it. One of my other sisters did not respond to the same email and it = turns out that she also uses hotmail.com. Another friend who uses hotmail did = not respond to a recent email as I expected them to. I created my own hotmail account tonight and sent an email to it from my domain more than two hours ago, that email has not yet arrived in my = hotmail account. My ...

Re: Scope of macro variable using "call symput" #12
Perahps the way SAS calculates the scope of a macro variable created by CALL SYMPUT violates the principle of least astonishment. It might make more sense for CALL SYMPUT to create a new macro-level symbol table, rather than searching upwards to find one that already exists. Or maybe not. The SYMPUTX way, which lets you specify the scope, is slightly more work to use but can create results that don't require thought or knowledge of context. On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:48:11 -0400, "Chang Chung" <chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM> said: > On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:05:16 -0700, Rola...

What Rbls are you using

voive recognition using matlab
good day, i would like to ask a program/code using MatLab for my project voice recognition for my subject... thank you very much....... ...

input buffer overflow...data flow shuts off
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for my problem, if it isn't would someone steer me in the correct direction? I have live stock market data coming in through an internet connection. Then into a charting software called Tradestation 2000i. This software has a module called Global Server that collects and saves the data. During market hours, sometimes 10-20 times per day, Global Server will stop collecting data even though the data is still coming in from the modem(via a software called Dynastore...which makes the data available to the Global Server). I can see the d...

Is it possible to use an Object as value for a <html:select> (i'm using struts)
Hi, I'm having trouble with struts, well actually i don't know if the problem is struts or instead i'm assuming html to be capable of something it's not. I have a ValidatorForm, say VF and one of it's attibutes called organismo is an object of type Ob1, Ob1 being a bean definded in another file, Ob1 has just two attributes a and b and their respective setters and getters. I want that attribute to be filled with the value of a <html:select>, depending on what the user chooses from the options available. To get the options i'm using the next: <html:select pro...

Changing Directories With C++
All: I'm using a Borland c++ compiler (v5.5) on a WinXP box and I'm interested in writing a routine that has the OS change to a specified directory and execute an application that resides there. I'm having trouble tracking down the proper way of doing this with c++. Your assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, John * John: > > I'm using a Borland c++ compiler (v5.5) on a WinXP box and I'm interested in > writing a routine that has the OS change to a specified directory and > execute an application that resides there. > > I'...

The 2004 edition of The American Medical Directory blood pressure, cancer, flu, health, c au x tf
EXCLUSIVELY ON CD-ROM The 2004 edition of The American Medical Directory & Physicians Guide has just been completed. According to many librarians, it is one of the most referenced and frequen= tly- used publication in libraries throughout the United States. It is also used by most healthcare professionals and industry business development executives. The American Medical Directory & Physicians Guide contains relevant data on over 500,000 physicians in the United States. Each record is indexed by such features as name, address, phone/fax, county, year licensed, type of practice, ...

using ethereal
I have Fedora Core 3. When I did my install I did not install X windows or any GUI. I also did not install ethereal. Now I would like to use ethereal, so I installed Xwindows and KDE. I used yum install ethereal and it showed it installed it. But I cannot figure out how to run ethereal. I cannot find any binary to run. I found one post that said I should have an ethereal file under /usr/X11R6/bin but I don't. thank you jb Jason Benway wrote: > I have Fedora Core 3. When I did my install I did not install X windows or > any GUI. I also did not install ethereal. >...

Manual Practice Set for Comprehensive Assurance & Systems Tool (CAST), 3/E, Laura R. Ingraham, J. Greg Jenkins, ISBN-10: 0133252019 * ISBN-13: 9780133252019, (c)2014 * Prentice Hall, Published 02/25/2
! ! ! TEST BANKS, SOLUTION MANUALS, INSTRUCTOR MANUALS, CASE SOLUTIONS, POW= ER POINT SLIDES ! ! ! Hello Everybody, To get the Solution manuals and Test banks just email me with your book det= ails. All SM and TB are available at best price. My e-mail address is: mysmandtb@xxxxxxxxx, mysmandtb(at)gmail(dot)com. Plea= se replace (at) by @ and (dot) by .=20 If you need Test banks and Solution manuals, email to me.=20 http://instructortestsolution.blogspot.com/ http://www.mysmandtb.blogspot.com/ Reply time: Within 6 hours, If online, immediately!!!! Delivery time: Within 12-...

problem with C grammar
Hi, Actually, I wanted to use the following C grammar for a C parser: http://kbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/c/ANSI-C-grammar-y.html There is a derivation from the non-terminal symbol "type_specifier" to the terminal symbol "TYPE_NAME". I tried to replace that terminal with IDENTIFIER, but then i got a lot of shift/reduce and reduce/reduce conflicts while using bison: C:\>bison -l -d --report=solved test_grammar.y test_grammar.y: Konflikte: 6 Schiebe/Reduziere, 32 Reduziere/Reduziere test_grammar.y:304.11-20: Warnung: Regel nie reduziert wegen Konflikten: identifier_list: ...

How to get Service Ticket when we have TGT using java.
Hi, We are implementing WS Kerberos authentication using java. We went throught the sample providied @ http://services.iic.ac.in/kbase/docs/java2/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/AcnOnly.html We have setup Fedora Core 3 and krb5-server and configured. When we run the sample code it gets authenticated successfully, but my question is : How to get Kerberos Service Ticket after logging in succesfully and getting the TGT using java 1.4.2_04 and Fedora Core 3 [krb5-server] LoginContext lc ... ... lc.login(); after this step, we can say lc.getSubject() which contains the kerberos ticket, now usin...

Using a DLL from a Lotusscript agent
Hello, I have a LotusScript web agent that uses a external DLL. The agent works fine, but I have a performance problem. The DLL has 2 functions: initialize and translate. The first one performs some initialization tasks and the second one translates a word from a language to another. The problem is that the initialization task takes some time and it seems once the script ends, the DLL loses its iniatilization and I have to initialize it again, slowing down the whole process. Is there any way to keep the dll initialized once the "initialize" function is called and the ...

Using Oracle 8.1.7 OCI JDBC Driver WIth Oracle 9i Database
Has anyone had any problems using the 8.1.7 OCI JDBC driver with a 9i database? Oracle states they are compatible at the following URL: http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm#_1_ "Matt" <mdavey4@csc.com> wrote in message news:f2892d3a.0307241304.6295d05c@posting.google.com... > Has anyone had any problems using the 8.1.7 OCI JDBC driver with a 9i database? > > Oracle states they are compatible at the following URL: > http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm#_1_ Any reason not to trust that statement? If ...