f



HOWTO: access a form outside of MS Access

Hello,

Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment, in
external applications (through COM, etc.)?

Regards,
Vladimir.



0
genisoft (10)
9/23/2003 4:26:45 PM
comp.programming 11491 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
637 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Yes, but why?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
wrote:
>Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment, in
>external applications (through COM, etc.)?


-- 
     Warning: Dates In Calendar Are Closer Than They Appear.

0
c.grimsby (825)
9/23/2003 11:44:17 PM
>
> Yes, but why?

I need to use them like dialogs from my MFC app. So how can I use them?

>
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
> wrote:
> >Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment,
in
> >external applications (through COM, etc.)?
>
>
> --
>      Warning: Dates In Calendar Are Closer Than They Appear.
>


0
genisoft (10)
9/24/2003 5:01:40 AM
You'll have to open first the database, and then the forms as
automation objects.  Note that they will still perform as programmed,
you can't "redirect" them to do anything else.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:01:40 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
wrote:
>> Yes, but why?

>I need to use them like dialogs from my MFC app. So how can I use them?

>> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
>> wrote:
>> >Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment,
>> >in external applications (through COM, etc.)?


-- 
     Daddy, Why Doesn't This Magnet Pick Up This Floppy Disk?

0
c.grimsby (825)
9/24/2003 9:57:39 AM
Maybe you know some info links or you can supply me with examples?

Chuck Grimsby <c.grimsby@worldnet.att.net.invalid> ����� �
���������:p5q2nvcagtnp74l6lrmk97tnehnqcoc9bt@4ax.com...
>
> You'll have to open first the database, and then the forms as
> automation objects.  Note that they will still perform as programmed,
> you can't "redirect" them to do anything else.
>
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:01:40 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
> wrote:
> >> Yes, but why?
>
> >I need to use them like dialogs from my MFC app. So how can I use them?
>
> >> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
> >> wrote:
> >> >Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access
environment,
> >> >in external applications (through COM, etc.)?
>
>
> --
>      Daddy, Why Doesn't This Magnet Pick Up This Floppy Disk?
>


0
genisoft (10)
9/24/2003 2:53:02 PM
I don't have any links stored in my links database on this, but I
half-remember seeing some in the Microsoft Knowledgebase.  You
probably want to start your search there.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:53:02 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
wrote:
>Maybe you know some info links or you can supply me with examples?

>Chuck Grimsby <c.grimsby@worldnet.att.net.invalid> ����� �
>���������:p5q2nvcagtnp74l6lrmk97tnehnqcoc9bt@4ax.com...
>> You'll have to open first the database, and then the forms as
>> automation objects.  Note that they will still perform as programmed,
>> you can't "redirect" them to do anything else.

>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:01:40 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
>> wrote:
>> >> Yes, but why?

>> >I need to use them like dialogs from my MFC app. So how can I use them?

>> >> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru>
>> >> wrote:
>> >> >Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access
>> >> >environment, in external applications (through COM, etc.)?


-- 
     IRS: We've Got What It Takes To Take What You've Got!

0
c.grimsby (825)
9/25/2003 1:46:29 AM
Reply: