Javascript problem.

Try out the code below in an HTML file please. The problem is with the
javascript. I can't get the body to change. The code below is PHP
generated. Firefox says the problem is show() does not exist AFTER I
click on the link display[ link displayed says: test ]

<script>

function show( s ){

return 0;
}

function body( s ){

	t = ' ';

	if ( s == "home" ){

		t += "hi home<BR><BR>";t += "<a href=\"\" onclick=\"show('test');
\">test</a>";
	}

	if ( s == "test" ){

		t += "this is test<BR><BR>";t += "<a href=\"\" onclick=\"show('home')
\">home</a>";
	}

	return t;
};

</script>

<!--<script>show("home");</script>-->

Thank you.

comp.programming 11491 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Merlyn[v7.0] wrote:

> Try out the code below in an HTML file please. The problem is with the
> javascript. I can't get the body to change. The code below is PHP
> generated. Firefox says the problem is show() does not exist AFTER I
> click on the link display[ link displayed says: test ]

Install a JavaScript library such as Prototype.js, and then use
Element.update() or similar to replace a table body.

If problems persist, post to news:comp.lang.javascript

--
  Phlip
  http://flea.sourceforge.net/PiglegToo_1.html

0
Phlip
6/22/2007 12:58:59 AM
On Jun 21, 8:58 pm, "Phlip" <phlip...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Merlyn[v7.0] wrote:
> > Try out the code below in an HTML file please. The problem is with the
> > javascript. I can't get the body to change. The code below is PHP
> > generated. Firefox says the problem is show() does not exist AFTER I
> > click on the link display[ link displayed says: test ]
>
> Install a JavaScript library such as Prototype.js, and then use
> Element.update() or similar to replace a table body.
>
> If problems persist, post to news:comp.lang.javascript
>
> --
>   Phlip
>  http://flea.sourceforge.net/PiglegToo_1.html

Try replacing the href on your links with a # instead of leaving them
empty i.e. <a href="#"...

0
ajrisi
6/22/2007 3:48:41 AM
Hello, thank you for your tips. I started looking more into it and
found out about document.getElementById() and such, very useful,
here's the code that actually does what it's supposed to do:

	<script>

    var page = "<div id='X'></div>";

    function show( s ){

        w = document.getElementById("X");
table>";
    }

    function body( s ){

        t = ' ';

        if ( s == "home" ){

            t += "hi home<BR><BR>";
            t += "<a href=\"javascript:show('test');\">test</a>";
        }

        if ( s == "test" ){

            t += "this is test<BR><BR>";
            t += "<a href=\"javascript:show('home')\">home</a>";
        }

        return t;
    }

    </script>
	<script>
        document.write( page );
    </script>

0
Merlyn

tricky javascript problem requires javascript guru !
Hi, I am complete JavaScript novice and would really appreciate some help with this code: ===================================================================== <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> <!--#include file="Connections/ssdb.asp" --> <% Dim rs_news_edit Dim rs_news_edit_numRows Set rs_news_edit = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rs_news_edit.ActiveConnection = MM_ssdb_STRING rs_news_edit.Source = "SELECT * FROM tblnews" rs_news_edit.CursorType = 0 rs_news_edit.CursorLocation = 2 rs_news_edit.LockType = 1 rs_news_edit.Open() rs_news_edit_numRows = 0 %> <% Dim Repeat1__numRows Dim Repeat1__index Repeat1__numRows = -1 Repeat1__index = 0 rs_news_edit_numRows = rs_news_edit_numRows + Repeat1__numRows %> <% Dim MM_paramName %> <% ' *** Go To Record and Move To Record: create strings for maintaining URL and Form parameters Dim MM_keepNone Dim MM_keepURL Dim MM_keepForm Dim MM_keepBoth Dim MM_removeList Dim MM_item Dim MM_nextItem ' create the list of parameters which should not be maintained MM_removeList = "&index=" If (MM_paramName <> "") Then MM_removeList = MM_removeList & "&" & MM_paramName & "=" End If MM_keepURL="" MM_keepForm="" MM_keepBoth="" MM_keepNone="" ' add the URL parameters to the MM_keepURL string For Each MM_item In Request.QueryStrin...

A newbie paradox: is this a PK-FK (relationship) problem, or programming problem?
I'm getting the hang of database architecture design I think, along with easy to code, drag-and-drop Access 2003 forms programming--great front end. But I have a question about a form involving three tables--and I'm not sure if this is a programming question or a database architecture question, hence the crosspost. I have three tables to model a stock portfolio (buying and selling by a single person having numerous accounts): Stock_Accounts (plural), in a single table (red flag), which belong to a single individual, then a stock table, Stocks, listing all the stocks owned...

a javascript problem
In IE this javascript cod for Date works perfectly, for a eksample: 25.12.2004. but in other Internet Viewers like Firefox or Natescape, it writes 25.12.104. Can enybody help me. And Happy Christmas to you all! here is the code myvar = new Date(); Month = (myvar.getMonth() + 1) Year = (myvar.getYear()) if (Month == 1) {WordMonth = "1";} if (Month == 2) {WordMonth = "2";} if (Month == 3) {WordMonth = "3";} if (Month == 4) {WordMonth = "4";} if (Month == 5) {WordMonth = "5";} if (Month == 6) {WordMonth = "6";} if (Month == 7) {WordM...

Problem for program 16f628A with Mplab icd 2 Verification problem
Hi all> I have some troubles with programing the 16f628A with mplab icd2 i configured all bits configured, i don't have any pull up resistor in RB and RB7, the voltage suply is ok for Vdd and Vpp. the dispositive pass al the self test and the voltage have a rigth value. also i configured d bits configured in the program like this: __CONFIG _HS_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF _CP_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _DATA_CP_OFF I tried with two tipes of communication with usb an with serial mode bu it continue wrong. This is the error show in my output window. Programming Target... ICDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sur that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" t continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation ...Validating configuration fields ...Erasing Part ...Programming EEPROM Memory ...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x2F) ...Programming User IDs Verifying... ICDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sur that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" t continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation ...Program Memory ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x0, Expected Val 0x2820, Val Read = 0x0) ICD0275: Programming failed. MPLAB ICD 2 Ready in this text there are two warnings, the one is ICDWarn0052 and i chec all my connections ande the suply voltage of the pi...

problems with JavaScript
Hi, I need help to JavaScript. I am new to this, and am trying to the page online ASAP. I have two submit buttons on one form, and each button will have to do different things. I named both button "but1". The first button has the value "Continue", the second button has the value "new page". If someone click on the button with the value "Continue", I need to check if certain information has been filled in before proceeding, and if yes, I need to go to page1.php (which is the second page of the form) and I have to save the result on a database. If someone click on the button with the value "New Page", I do not need to check for anything, but I have to go to pagenew.php (which is a different version of the second page) and also save the result onto a database. I have the following codes, I have been trying for the whole day, it is still not working. Would some please help me? Thank you very, very much! <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> <!-- function radio_button_checker() { if(radio_form.but1.value == "Continue") { if((radio_form.Desc.value == "") || (radio_form.General.value == 0) || (radio_form.Specific.value == 0)) { alert("Please answer all questions.") return (false); } return (true); } } function decideLink() { if(radio.form.but1.value == &...

problems with JavaScript
Hi, I need help to JavaScript. I am new to this, and am trying to the page online ASAP. I have two submit buttons on one form, and each button will have to do different things. I named both button "but1". The first button has the value "Continue", the second button has the value "new page". If someone click on the button with the value "Continue", I need to check if certain information has been filled in before proceeding, and if yes, I need to go to page1.php (which is the second page of the form) and I have to save the result o...

A few programming problems...
I'm quite new to Cocoa/Objective-C and the mac platform, and I have a few problems. I've tried to fix things, I've searched etc. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Anyway. 1. I have a form containing an NSOutlineView, and a timer which updates it every 5 seconds, as it gets new data. It has four main nodes in it. It updates correctly, but whenever it updates, it collapses all the nodes that are expanded. I want them to stay open but I can't find a way of doing it? I update it by updating my data source and then calling the [tableView reloadData] method. Any ideas? 2. I think I've just made a stupid error/don't know what i'm doing with this one. I've made a dock menu in my NSApplication delegate with the - (NSMenu *)applicationDockMenu:(NSApplication *)sender method, and it shows up fine. But I try to update it later by doing (the menu item starts off disabled when I create the menu): NSMenuItem *ms = [dockMenu itemWithTitle:@"My Status"]; int msi = [dockMenu indexOfItemWithTitle:@"My Status"]; NSLog(@"%@", ms); NSLog(@"%d", msi); [ms setEnabled:YES]; [dockMenu removeItemAtIndex:msi]; [dockMenu insertItem:ms atIndex:msi]; [dockMenu update]; but it doesn't update. Nothing happens. Any random dumb things I could've done? It retrieves the menu item alright, just doesn't update. 3. All of my windows open and close correctly with my window control...

Program or be Programmed
http://www.rushkoff.com/program-or-be-programmed/ The debate over whether the Net is good or bad for us fills the airwaves and the blogosphere. But for all the heat of claim and counter-claim, the argument is essentially beside the point: it's here; it's everywhere. The real question is, do we direct technology, or do we let ourselves be directed by it and those who have mastered it? ?Choose the former,? writes Rushkoff, ?and you gain access to the control panel of civilization. Choose the latter, and it could be the last real choice you get to make.? ...

The Problem with Programming
http://www.technologyreview.com/InfoTech/17831/ -RFH On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:03:42 -0800, Ramon F Herrera wrote: > > http://www.technologyreview.com/InfoTech/17831/ > > -RFH The problem with programming is that you will starve doing it and even if you are talented, the suits will want to farm your work out to grossly underpaid people in 3rd world nations. Then of course you also have to battle the Linux Loonies who believe you should give your hard work (code) away for free. And if THAT isn't enough, you have to deal with the totally whacked out Linux Zealots, like Mark Kent, who believe that there is no such thing as "intellectual property". THOSE are just a few of the problems with programming. You'd be better off pursuing a career as a dustman. flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> writes: >Then of course you also have to battle the Linux Loonies who believe you >should give your hard work (code) away for free. > ...... Ironic that you post from linuxmail.org -- Chris. In article <Gs2bh.62$M46.30@newsfe12.lga>, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote: > > http://www.technologyreview.com/InfoTech/17831/ > > > > -RFH > > The problem with programming is that you will starve doing it and even if > you are talented Why am I not starving? -- Sandman[.net] Sandman wrote: > In article <Gs2bh.62$M46.30@newsfe12.lga>, > flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail....

program problem
the program says there r 21 match sticks.there r 2 players computer and user. both pick matchsticks one by one starting with user. they can pick 1or2or3or4 match sticks at a time. the player who picks the last match stick losses the match. condition is that computer has always to win. can somebody please tell me how can this programm be formed kittu schrieb: > the program says > there r 21 match sticks.there r 2 players computer and user. > both pick matchsticks one by one starting with user. > they can pick 1or2or3or4 match sticks at a time. > the player who picks the last ma...

Programming problems
I am very new to the system and I am trying to complete an assignment using it. I am taking a Math/Cmpt class and I am useless with this program. Q: The derivative of a function f(x) can be approximated at the point x=x(sub)0 by a forward divided difference f'(x_0) = [f(x_0 + h) - f(x_0)] / h or by a central divided difference f'(x_0) = [f(x_0 + h) - f(x_0)] / 2h For the function f(x)= sin x, plot the error as a function of h when these divided differences are used to approximate f'(1) = cos1 for h = 10^-1, 10^-2, 10^-3, ..., 10^-16. Use loglog scale and display your results ...

Programming problem
Hi, I have the following problem in vhdl: There are 256 parallel incoming 16-bit-values to compare and at the end i want to give out the maximum value and the minimum value. I think to be economical it is not the best way to install a row of comparators so im searching for a more efficient way. Maybe it is clever to serialise data and compare them consecutively but im not sure about how to do that or if there is a better solution. If anyone has a suggestion I would be very happy. Cheers Ralf Ralf wrote: > There are 256 parallel incoming 16-bit-values to compare and at the > end i...

programing problem
I am not familiar with programing conditions. I tried it but I failed. So, if anybody is interested to help me I would send him an input file and my (failed) M-file to take a look at it. That are the three conditions: the amount of 5 consecutive values must be >= 25 and: at least 3 of these 5 values must be >= 0 and: there are no 7 or more (>=7) consecutive 0-values allowed within the following 30 values ??? "Lexi" <german1976@gmx.de> wrote in message news:aeh37sax81x2@legacy... >I am not familiar with programing conditions. I tried it but I failed. > So, if...

Programming problem
Hi, I am not sure if this is a HTML or PHP problem, so please bear with me. I have a PHP/HTML script to create and update records in a database. On page1.php, I ask the user for a reference number. Pressing Submit button launches page2.php On page2.php I check that this is unique and if so, I create a new record in the database. On the same page, I ask the user to complete the remainder of the fields. Press Submit button to take you to page 3. On page 3, I need to update the database record with the newly completed fields. The problem is that the variable (reference number) I created in page 1 is not carried to page 3. So the update doesn't happen. Can anyone give me some help on how to get around this. Apache 1.3.8, PHP 4 Thanks Martyn -- Martyn (remove the 2nd "Y" to reply) KM wrote: > Hi, > > I am not sure if this is a HTML or PHP problem, so please bear with me. > > I have a PHP/HTML script to create and update records in a database. > On page1.php, I ask the user for a reference number. Pressing Submit button > launches page2.php > On page2.php I check that this is unique and if so, I create a new record in > the database. On the same page, I ask the user to complete the remainder of > the fields. Press Submit button to take you to page 3. > On page 3, I need to update the database record with the newly completed > fields. The problem is that the variable (reference number) I created in > page 1 is not c...

Programming Problem
I'm new to Access, and it seems each time I try to do something that I consider simple ... I can't figure out how Access wants me to do it. I"m trying to build a program to track my dart leagues statistics. Table1 - Division, Date, Game#, HomeTeam, VisitingTeam Table2 - Division, Date, Game#, Team1_Stats, Team2_Stats Relationship between Table1 and Table2 is one to one, Division/Date/ Game# ie) Table1 is the League Schedule of games, Table2 is the table I'm saving the data in. The first entry on my form is Division ... so I lookup Division from Table1. No Problem. The second entry on my form is Date ... what I WANT to do is limit the selection on my lookup to ONLY dates from the previously entered Division. The next step will be the same ... lookup ONLY the games that will be played on that date, in that division. I can't seem to figure this out ... Combo-box ? List-box ? Create a query limiting display to [Form}!{table1]!{Division}? Use Macro ? Use Expression builder ? LIke I said ... I'm new ... but if I can get by this hurdle ... I just MIGHT be able to finish this thing. ;-) Any insights anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please email me here at jimmooney69@gmail.com .... or at jimmooney@rogers.com Thanks, Jim you're describing cascading combo box controls. googling for the words "cascading" and "combo" will probably get you many hits in these newsgroups. or you can read up on it at http://ww...

problem with the program
Hi iam lerning POSIX Threads for Redhat linux 9 i written one program, which displays current cursor position(it's just like vi editor when we type some text in the editor it displays the cursor position) in this program iam getting some wrong output i.e first 5 charectors of every line are not displaying on to the screen i don't know where is the problem ! help me plz... The code was:: /* Progran to display row,clm position using Pthreads Author: Subhash Reddy */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <signal....

Javascript Problem!
I am developing a site at http://www.nwlmi.org.uk The problem lies with the CSS/XHTML Menu which relies on JavaScript to open and close the sections. The parent sections open and close fine but when you click on one of the subsection items and go to the desired page the menu fails to remain open. The javascript code is embeded inthe html for reference. Is this a JS issue I wonder. The original script/code derived from Alsacreations but there is no documentation to aid this problem. Thanks in advance for any tips :) Chris cedwa wrote: > I am developing a site at http://www.nwlmi.org....

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Javascript problem?
Hello, I have a small javascript on page that seems to affect the spacing further down on the page. That is, I have a large space between two unrelated HTML sections and when I remove the script, the space goes away. The page does validate with or without the script. You can see this on a test page at http://www.usernomics.com/ergonomic-products-data%20NEW.html . Note the space between the red text and the first table. The javascript is below. Can anyone see what might be causing the problem? Thanks, Bob The section containing the javascript looks like this: ...

Problem executing an external program under "c:\Program Files"
Dear all, I have an starpack that calls an external program (R.exe) on windows. And it works well except when you are working under a path containing spaces, like "c:\Program Files". The code I use is something like: set ::entropycs::dir [file dirname [info nameofexecutable]] set ::entropycs::execR "cmd.exe /c [file join $::entropycs::dir R R-2.15.1 bin x64 R.exe] --vanilla --slave" set exec_file [file join $::entropycs::dir $::entropycs::nextFileSet.R] set fid [open "| $::entropycs::execR -f $exec_file" r] I know I should enclose "Program Files" with {} to avoid this problem, but I cannot figure out how to do it when the path is inside a variable. Many thanks for your help Best regards Rafael You can either append the directory to env(PATH) or you can use: set fid [open [list $::entropycs::execR -f $exec_file] r] Regards, Arjen On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:44:09 AM UTC+1, Arjen Markus wrote: > You can either append the directory to env(PATH) or you can use: > > > > set fid [open [list $::entropycs::execR -f $exec_file] r] > > > > Regards, > > > > Arjen Many thanks for the answer. The problem is "half" solved with list. If I use my home directory with a path contaning spaces (C:\Users\rleiva\src\entropycs files\): set dir [pwd] set Rexe [list [file join $dir R R-2.15.1 bin x64 R.exe]] set fid [open ...

problem compiling c (pro*c) program
HPUX 11iv2 (11.23) HP Itanium2 8 Gig RAM Oracle9i (9.2.0.6.0) I got this error below that I have not been able to solve. Can someone help? I am not a really a programmer .. more like a dba. $ Make_idbicms ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -llibclntsh.so Fatal error. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status $ more Make_idbicms gcc -DPRINT -DLOG idba1Mainsend.c idba1ReadTransmit.c idba1AssembleMsg.c idba1UtilMQ.c idba1LogError.c idba1ReadConfig.c idba1UpdateReceive.c idba1DecodeMsg.c -ansi -I../INCLUDE -I/u01/app/oracle/9.2.0/precomp/public -L/opt/mqm/lib -lmqic - ...

solutions manual, test bank for C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik ...

Javascript Math problem
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with math puzzle. I need a function that will give me the number of times an integer is divisible by 3, but I can't use the round function. In other words, if I sent the value of 6, it would return 2 since 6/3 = 2. 9/3 = 3 etc. For numbers that are not evenly divisible, 5/3 would need to return 1, 7/3 would return 2 etc, basically scrap the decimal numbers. But like I said it can't use round. I was thinking that possibly it would use some combination of the division and modulus operators (/,%), but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Can anyone think of anything? Thx On 2012-04-28 00:41, Tom wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with math puzzle. I need a > function that will give me the number of times an integer is divisible > by 3, but I can't use the round function. In other words, > if I sent the value of 6, it would return 2 since 6/3 = 2. 9/3 = 3 etc. > For numbers that are not evenly divisible, 5/3 would need to return 1, > 7/3 would return 2 etc, basically scrap the decimal numbers. But like I > said it can't use round. > > I was thinking that possibly it would use some combination of the > division and modulus operators (/,%), but I haven't been able to figure > it out yet. Math.round() would have been the wrong tool anyway: Math.round(5/3) is 2, not 1. You probably meant Math.floor(): Math.floor(5/3) is 1. Note that...

Problems with JavaScript submit()

Web resources about - Javascript problem. - comp.programming

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...