Javascript

Would anyone know whether Javascript works well with sound files?
comp.programming 11491 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Tina Host wrote:

> Would anyone know whether Javascript works well with sound files?

Exactly as well as it works with files of any other type.

--
|_ CJSonnack <Chris@Sonnack.com> _____________| How's my programming? |
|_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL  |

Program or be Programmed
http://www.rushkoff.com/program-or-be-programmed/ The debate over whether the Net is good or bad for us fills the airwaves and the blogosphere. But for all the heat of claim and counter-claim, the argument is essentially beside the point: it's here; it's everywhere. The real question is, do we direct technology, or do we let ourselves be directed by it and those who have mastered it? ?Choose the former,? writes Rushkoff, ?and you gain access to the control panel of civilization. Choose the latter, and it could be the last real choice you get to make.? ...

Program or be Programmed !
I just started to read Douglas Rushkoff's book "Program or be Programmed" a= nd found some lines which should tell us that it is an important task of us= to educate young people in programming: "Computers and networks finally offer us the ability to write. And we do wr= ite with them on our websites, blogs, and social networks. But the underlyi= ng capability of the computer era is actually programming -- which almost n= one of us knows how to do . We simply use the programs that have been made = for us, and enter our text in the appropriate box on the screen. We t...

affiliate program program wedding program weight loss program graphic program
Gambling has unfortunately become an acceptable practise in Muslim Society due to its wide scale promotion by the media. A large number of good Muslims are also caught in the web, not realising that they are gambling and that the earnings from the gambling are haraam. The following is a translation of a scholarly article by the late Mufti Muhammad Shafi rahmatullahi alaihe which is being published to make Muslims aware of the different forms of transactions and other items which are classified in Shar'iah as gambling. http://www.geocities.com/avril_lavigne_lot/SpecificPrograms.htm aff...

Introduction to Javascript Programming
Learn on-line at your own convenience in a user-centered format, with plenty of interaction and personal attention. This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses upon creating custom user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal coding, and is fairly simple to learn. We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration ...

Javascript Programming Issue
Hi All, Here is a weird thing. I was developing a small spplication here in the office. I downloaded an interesting script from here: http://simplythebest.net/scripts/DHTML_scripts/dhtml_script_120.html Basically it gives cool pop-up info messages during a MouseOver event. The script basically works fine. However, I have a form where users can enter new information and it stores it in a MySQL database. Once it is done, the CGI script re-calls the same routine to re-draw the page with the new information on it, including the new MouseOver text. If however, the user clicks anywhere on t...

Javascript testing program ?
Is there such a program as Pearl Builder [but for javascript] where you can perform a run and step through test on a script other than a debugging console? Thanks, Steve. zig wrote: > Is there such a program as Pearl Builder [but for javascript] where > you can perform a run and step through test on a script other than a > debugging console? > I haven't seen anything else but the Venkman debugger in Moz. (Prob get 1.7a). I believe MS also has something but ...) Fermin > Thanks, > > > Steve. ...

A ping program in javascript?
Hi I'm wondering if its possible to write a javascript, that can ping a ip and return the average round trip time (like ping in dos/linux)? Regards, Egil. Egil Hansen wrote: > Hi > > I'm wondering if its possible to write a javascript, that can ping a ip > and return the average round trip time (like ping in dos/linux)? > > Regards, Egil. Sorry, no... JS isn't capable of anything like this unless the host (usually a browser, but not necessarily) provides some interface to do it. So, if I want to allow my website visitors to ping a server and get the round ...

Javascript program not being called
I have a web page that attempts to call a piece of Javascript, which attempts to transform an xml file and an xslt file into Html. The call is here (A) : <script language = "JavaScript" src = "customfeed.html?Ga_Id=36475" type="text/javascript"></script> The script is here (B) : <script language = "JavaScript" type = "text/javascript"> var dataArray = new Array(); var querystring = window.location.href; dataArray = window.location.href.split("="); for (j=0;j<dataArray.length;j++) { eval(data...

javascript programming idiom
HI all: I often see people write code like as below to invoke code block: ( function() { do some thing here} ) () my question is why do like this, and what is benefit. regards ctx2002 wrote: > HI all: > I often see people write code like as below to invoke code block: > ( > function() { do some thing here} > ) () > my question is why do like this, and what is benefit. > regards It can help keep the global namespace clean. It's defining an anonymouse function and calling it immediately, and unless some kind of closure is created, it will be discarded. All vari...

help javascript program

How do you stop a javascript program?
While running a program that exceeds the array limits it issues an alert. I want to then stop the program after filling in the output boxes with blanks. How do you stop the program? I have worked on this for days and tried searching the net, but have found nothing. I jsut searched groups for stop javascript and found the answer. The answer is to label loops and then use a break loop statement. electrician@electrician.com wrote: [Added attribution and quotation] > electrician@electrician.com wrote: >> While running a program that exceeds the array limits it issues an >> a...

Introduction to JavaScript Programming
Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of interaction and personal attention. This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses on creating user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal coding, and is fairly simple to learn. We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration with Javascript will also be addre...

There is no way to hide Javascript programs, but . . .
If saving Javascript and CSS code as external files, access to them will be more difficult. Extra efforts are needed to open those files. Please verify. Also, I've heard Java and Visual Basic have certifications. Javascript is extremely useful. Is there a similar certificate? Thanks. Dung Ping Dung Ping <dungping5@yahoo.com> wrote: > If saving Javascript and CSS code as external files, access to them > will be more difficult. Extra efforts are needed to open those files. > Please verify. If someone is savvy enough to want your CSS and script, they will make short wo...

program that surfs through site with javascript...
Hi, I want to make a java program that goes through a site and analyse it's contents for my purpose. So basicly the only thing i want my program to do is to go through the sites internal links, read the source code and pick out and list some information to me. My idea was to use URLConnection to connect the sites different link-adresses(which i get from the sourcecode) and then read and analyse its content. But the problem is that the site contains javascript, forms, cookies and is made in frames. For example when i try to view the sourcecode for a specifik frame(in mozilla),that cont...

Re: Program or be Programmed !
Paul E Bennett wrote: > WJ wrote: > >> Paul E Bennett wrote: >> >>> I was displaying a sine-wave of >>> asterix characters scrolling continuously down the screen. 3 lines of >>> code generated the sine-wave (and cosine) numbers and the other 30 or so >>> lines did scaling and arrangements for its display. I was showing the >>> source code in a separate window. >> >> Gauche Scheme: >> >> (define line-length 79) >> (define mid-point (div line-length 2)) >> (define one-line (stri...

Translating Javascript programs to python.
Hi, I have a script with hundreds of lines of javascript spread accross 7 files. Is there any tool out there to automatically or semi-automatically translate the code into python. Thanks Vyz Vyz schrieb: > Hi, > I have a script with hundreds of lines of javascript spread accross 7 > files. Is there any tool out there to automatically or > semi-automatically translate the code into python. Nope. Besides: in which environment does that script run - a browser? Then it would be difficult if not impossible to execute even a hypothetic result. Diez Vyz wrote: > Hi, > I h...

Best program to practice with JavaScript
Hello, I'm brand new to Javascript and would like to know what is the best program that I can use to learn JavaScript. I would like something with syntax highlighting if possible. Any help would be appreciated. In article <cm4ci3h0qqnct77ukqqjgfqph88cnu5ptf@4ax.com>, John <John_nospam@nnnnnnnnn.nowhere> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm brand new to Javascript and would like to know what is the best > program that I can use to learn JavaScript. I would like something > with syntax highlighting if possible. I use TextWrangler for editing JS - it has syntax co...

Tracker programming/programs
Is there any open source project with following kind of file format: As we know, any sample can be constructed from basic sine waves with frequency, phase, and amplitude information. If we take this information, and express it as function of time, we have a sound. So, take much of these, and you have music. S = a * sin (w * t + p) a = f (t) w = f (t) p = f (t) So I'm asking if there already exist any project, where music is calculated "in air". This to replace various tracker programs around. Tatu Portin wrote: > So I'm asking if there already exist any project,...

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

javascript to execute java program
I have compile my java program as myjava.class. And I can run as "java myjava" without any program. As now, I need to execute myjava.class in javascript. Please shed a light how to execut "java myjava" in my javascript. Thanks a million. Javascripts runs in the browser you won't be able to do that. You can't call programs in the server on in the client computer from javascript. Sister Ray wrote: > Javascripts runs in the browser you won't be able to do that. You > can't call programs in the server on in the client computer from > javascript. Ut...

Intro to programming using Javascript
A while ago I heard of a book that was supposed to teach Javascript as a first programming language, as an introduction to computer science, because you can do it on any platform without a compiler. It's not really a "how to javascript" book, but a "how to program" book. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can help me find it? Thanks, Jon ---- Learn to program using Linux assembly language http://www.cafeshops.com/bartlettpublish.8640017 ...

running local programs with javascript
This question may seem rudimentary, but does anyone know how to run programs local to the client computer using JavaScript? Thanx In article <IyEhb.940$fv4.123@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>, "Yang Li" <yuxinglivze@verizon.net> wrote: > This question may seem rudimentary, but does anyone know > how to run programs local to the client computer using > JavaScript? Thanx Like maybe <onMouseover="JavaScript: format c:/; return"> See why it's not a good idea? In article <IyEhb.940$fv4.123@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>, yuxinglivze@verizon.net enligh...

Program that teaches you programming
Back in about 1980 or there abouts I recall a program they had in my high school that ran on apple ]['s that would display either a programming example, a psuedo code programming example, a word problem or maybe a flow chart (cant remember what one it was exactly) and then you had a window below it to type in the program code, which it would then check and run for you. I do know it was a Basic program. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Bill H On Dec 29, 7:15 pm, Bill H <b...@ts1000.us> wrote: > Back in about 1980 or there abouts I recall a program they had in my >...

Executing Programs Using Javascript
I was wondering whether there was any way of loading an executable or windows shortcut from within a browser using Javascript or something similar. This is for use in an active desktop html file which will only ever be used on my personal computer. Any ideas? In article <47d5fd53.0309151004.10ff8d84@posting.google.com>, valentine_rob@hotmail.com enlightened us with... > I was wondering whether there was any way of loading an executable or > windows shortcut from within a browser using Javascript or something > similar. > > This is for use in an active desktop html fil...

Question on JavaScript as a programming language
Hello, I was thinking of trying out JavaScript and learn it on my own. I had a few questions though. Is it still popular with businesses today? Is JavaScript bad for search engine opt. (SEO)? Any other help would be appreciated. I have tried som PHP stuff and now want to move on to something else. On Oct 28, 1:58 pm, John <John_nos...@nnnnnnnnn.nowhere> wrote: > Hello, > > I was thinking of trying out JavaScript and learn it on my own. > > I had a few questions though. > > Is it still popular with businesses today? More popular than ever. > > Is J...

Web resources about - Javascript - comp.programming

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...