Linux framebuffer drawing

Hi,
I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
Thanks.

PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.
0
Russell
4/3/2007 11:28:45 AM
comp.programming 11341 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:28:45 +1000) it happened Russell Shaw
<rjshawN_o@s_pam.netspace.net.au> wrote in
<dcq9e4-n2e.ln1@main.anatron.com.au>:

>Hi,
>I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
>can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
>without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
>Thanks.
>
>PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.

Why not look at the source of:
 http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tinyptc/

Then you can copy it :-)
0
Jan
4/3/2007 1:19:46 PM
Russell Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
> can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
> without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
> Thanks.
>
> PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.

The book Linux Appliance Design (just out) has a chapter
on framebuffers.  I think it's example is "hello moon", so
it might not be what you want.  There is also a nice chapter
on LIRC if that's of any value.

(Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors but didn't write the FB
or LIRC chapters.)

Bob
0
Bob
4/3/2007 4:19:28 PM
Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:28:45 +1000) it happened Russell Shaw
> <rjshawN_o@s_pam.netspace.net.au> wrote in
> <dcq9e4-n2e.ln1@main.anatron.com.au>:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've been looking for a simple "hello world" kind of example that
>> can draw eg, a line or rectangle using the basic kernel fb functions
>> without success. Can you point me to one, or a tutorial on it?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> PS, i don't want to go through a toolkit built on top of it.
>
> Why not look at the source of:
>  http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tinyptc/
>
> Then you can copy it :-)

Hey thanks, that one looks useful:)