Run VBScript as a process

Does anyone know how to load a VBScript script into memory (have it
run continuously)?

I am wanting to automatically rename files as I copy them to a specfic
directory, thus the script must constantly "execute". cscript and at
(the task scheduler) will not suffice.

Thanks in advance.
--Adam
comp.programming 10916 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Adam wrote:

> Does anyone know how to load a VBScript script into memory (have it
> run continuously)?

When you run it, it IS loaded in memory.  I think you mean something
like a "TSR", driver or daemon?  In Windows, you'd want to look into
Services, but I don't think a script can be a service.  You'd need
to work with a compilable language, AFAIK.

> I am wanting to automatically rename files as I copy them to a
> specfic directory, thus the script must constantly "execute".

Can't you just run the renaming part in a loop and leave the thing
running?

--
|_ CJSonnack <Chris@Sonnack.com> _____________| How's my programming? |
|_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL  |

Anyway, I'll try just looping the renaming subroutine and see if that
works... hopefully it won't hose the proc.

Thanks again,
--Adam

Programmer Dude <Chris@Sonnack.com> wrote in message news:<4017F6D6.48BF191E@Sonnack.com>...
> Adam wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to load a VBScript script into memory (have it
> > run continuously)?
>
> When you run it, it IS loaded in memory.  I think you mean something
> like a "TSR", driver or daemon?  In Windows, you'd want to look into
> Services, but I don't think a script can be a service.  You'd need
> to work with a compilable language, AFAIK.
>
> > I am wanting to automatically rename files as I copy them to a
> > specfic directory, thus the script must constantly "execute".
>
> Can't you just run the renaming part in a loop and leave the thing
> running?

Which core am I running on?
Is there some way I can get at this information at run-time? I'd like to use it to tag diagnostic output dumped during runs using Parallel Python. Peter psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > Is there some way I can get at this information at run-time? I'd like > to use it to tag diagnostic output dumped during runs using Parallel > Python. There should be a way, but not with the Python standard library. It's also platform-specific. What are you using? Linux, MacOS X, FreeBSD, Solaris, or maybe Windows? -- Gerhard psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > Is there some way I can...

running gcc generated binaries on different AIX hardwares with the same OS level
Hi, I have a newbie question which might be answered before. I am generating a binary using gcc on aix 5.1 with the PowerPC processor. Will the same binary run on a different processor(for example, POWER) but with the same os level aix 5.1? Thank you in advance! - Henry Henry Zhang wrote: > I have a newbie question which might be answered before. I am > generating a binary using gcc on aix 5.1 with the PowerPC processor. > Will the same binary run on a different processor(for example, POWER) > but with the same os level aix 5.1? It should, as long as it was compiled in common ...

How to copy with large user running concurrently?
Dear all, I have a SUN host ,F12000, 4cpu, 4 GB ram, running IDS 7.3 and it servers about 100 users at regular time and working fine. Now that We have a plan to open to the public for query and inserting data for a few days, and there will be more than 50 thousands peoples come in at the same time, and insert data concurrently. I am scared that the system will crash or what, I can't image what will it happen at that time. I don't want to cost much more money to scale up my host, because It last only for a few days. Is anyone can help me through this cheaperly? 100 user li...

Specify HREF values from a variable, with BY-processing
Hello all, I am producing a slew of graph using some BY-groups of interest, and for each of those graphs, I would like to display a reference line at the value of some other variable. The following sample: <http://support.sas.com/ctx/samples/index.jsp?sid=396&tab=code> shows how to accomplish this for a single graph. How could this be accomplished when BY processing is present? More details: 1) the by-group is defined by multiple variables, as in: proc gplot;by z1 z2 z3; plot y*x; run; and 2) the value of the variable that supplies the reference line is constant for each by-group...

Simulink Accelerator Running Same Model in Same Location
Hi, Is there any problem in running a given model in the same network location from different computers using the Simulink Accelerator? The intent is to have the results of one run write results to file A and the other to file B. I wasn't sure if the second model would interfere with the first by modifying the DLL. Regards, Phil ...

Newbie
Hi there, I am creating my own php site but am a bit concerned with putting all form processing into a page that is also displaying stuff (i get overwhelmed with very long pages and like to separate processing from displaying for maintainability). I found a possible way of separating processing through using a redirection such as: header("Location:" . mylocation); so if i was logging into my site instead of going straight to the page it needs to go to and doing all the post processing there I would have a "processing page" which would redirect me to the correct locat...

Launch new sas instance to run macro
Dear SAS-Lers, I have a macro that runs using 5 parameters passed to it from the current sas window. When it runs it launches some processes that cause it to wait. For this reason it would be more useful to execute the macro in a new sas window (so I can carry on in the current one with extant datasets), and also because occasionally the process hangs which could cause me to lose any datasets in the current window. How do I pass macro variables from the current window to execute the macro in the new window? Can it be done with an X command? Any help much appreciated. On 12 Dec 03 13:17:33...

running an m-file from a subsystem
Hello! Some time ago there was a link to a mathworks site, where was explained how to run an m-file by double clicking the subsystem block in Simulink. Can anyone please remind me the link, because I can't find it or tell me how to do this. Greetings Helwald "helwald" <bjunior@USUNTO.wp.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:d86r0m$gn7$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello! > Some time ago there was a link to a mathworks site, where was explained how to run an m-file by double clicking the > subsystem block in Simulink. > Can anyone please remind me the link, becaus...

HPSBUX02286 SSRT071466 rev.1

IDL Image Processing
To the Newsgroup: ITT Visual Information Solutions is actively continuing to enhance our IDL image processing support. So, we are collecting some information about what people need and want most from image processing tools in IDL. Please e-mail your thoughts on the subject to: kschultz at ittvis dot com While this is not intended to be a tedious survey, here are some questions to stir your thoughts and help organize your response. - Would you like to see improved support in a particular image processing discipline, such as astronomy or medical? If so, what specific algorithms would you ...

SOAP::Lite services fault processing
I've set up a service which deliberately errors. If I access the service like this my $res = SOAP::Lite ->uri( ... ) ->proxy( ... ) ->mol2cxf($mol); if ($res->fault) { print "fault\n"; print "code ", $res->faultcode, "\n"; print "string ", $res->faultstring, "\n"; print "actor ", $res->faultactor, "\n"; } Then everything works, I see the error message. But if I try to access through a .wsdl file like this my $res = SOAP::Lite ->se...

Running 2003 Administration Pack on Wine
Has anyone tried to do this? We're running a network comprised of 2003 server, and 2000 clients because XP requires more beefy PCs than we have. However the remote administration client demands XP which is a bit of a bitch as it then relies on us sharing the 2 TS slots for administration which bares on the DC's cpu a bit. However my own personal station is running SuSE 9 (hooray!) and i've found it does everything i need on the network. I can use a terminal program to connect to the RDP server, but it would be nice to run the admin client which does not rely on TS connect...

Binging a process to a single CPU
I know this has been answered before ( not certain though), but I can't find it in the archives. How exactly is this done. thanks ahead of time David McCall david@atgi.net On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:23:08 -0700, David McCall wrote: > I know this has been answered before ( not certain though), but I can't find > it in the archives. > > How exactly is this done. > > thanks ahead of time > > David McCall > david@atgi.net http://www.cts.wustl.edu/cts/help/nice.html 'man pbind' --Dave "David McCall" <david@atgi.net> wrote in mes...

Re: Running Code, Trying to understand how it works. #2
Sorry, I never provided my original test code and, in the interim, discovered the answer. First, the test code was: data test1; input date permno x; lx=lag(x); put _all_; lx=lag(x); put _all_; datalines; .. 4 2 1 4 . 2 4 1 ; data test2; input date permno x; do i=1 to 2; lx=lag(x); put _all_; end; datalines; .. 4 2 1 4 . 2 4 1 ; I found the reason for the observed difference in the documentation, namely: "Each occurrence of a LAGn function in a program generates its own queue of values." Art ------- On Sun, 3 May 2009 10:16:54 -0400, Arthur Tabachne...

How to run pg_restore
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4C597.0FC63CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello, I have create database and run "psql -d databasename -f = filename(.out)" so according to this it restores all data but not = create users, i want to create users so how it can be done plz tell me. = I should run .sql file in or create it. With Regard Nitin Jawarkar ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4C597.0FC63CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="is...

Why does matlab still run in background?
I have MatLab 6.5.1 on Win2000 and I go into windows taskmanager and it is still running (matlab.exe)? How do I stop it? I've tried ending task and windows says that access is denied. It takes up a good chunk of my resources and I don't have that much to spare. Hi, this may not been MATLAB but the MATLAB web server running. If this is the case: go to the "services" of windows and stop it there... Titus "Friend" <yako546@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns944D90DA33CCFFriend@66.185.95.104... > I have MatLab 6.5.1 on Win2000 and I go into wind...

Running a command in Terminal...
Hey, I've been using Synergy for the past few months to share my PC's mouse and keyboard with my iMac. My PC is the server and the Mac is the client. Every morning I open a txt document with the command (/ synergy-1.3.1/synergy -f --name graphicsiMac 192.168.1.107) and cut and paste that into a Terminal window... Is there anyway to speed this up? To create a script where all I would have to do is double click the icon and have it run? Thanks. mm On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:06:35 -0000, IamTheLizardKng wrote: > Hey, > I've been using Synergy for the past few months to share ...

100c
Scot: Trap: 000d ERRCD=0000 ERACC=**** ERLIM=****** CPU=01 EAX=0000ffff EBX=00000096 ECX=00000001 EDX=000031f8 ESI=0000012c EDI=00000000 EBP=00005530 FLG=00010207 CS:EIP=0148:00001487 CSACC=009b CSLIM=0000ea39 SS:ESP=1530:0000552e SSACC=1097 SSLIM=000046b7 DS=31f8 DSACC=0093 DSLIM=00001201 CR0=8001003b ES=3230 ESACC=0093 ESLIM=00000095 CR2=f8c61000 FS=0000 FSACC=* FSLIM=* GS=0000 GSACC=* GSLIM=* Internal processing error at location ##0168:fff0f667 - 000f:e667 60000, 9084 08861800 Internal revision 14.100c_SMP Mainboard: Tyan S2668AN Tiger i7505, 2.4 Xeon X 2, 1.5GB MEM...

how to run simulink that read function workspace
i want to run simulink from within a function scope. inside the function body i define all the input arguments needed for the simulation. however, simulink seek parameters only inside the global workspace. so what i need is a way to configure simulink to take its variables from the local workspace instead of the global one. thanks in advance, Adam "Adam" <kabelization@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ef4a633.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... >i want to run simulink from within a function scope. > inside the function body i define all the input arguments > needed for t...

Credit card processing
I want to make a script that get information about my clients credit cards. I make it but when I hit Back or I type a digit, it reveal all the credit cards numbers enter before. I want to make a field like is the Password field, but noter to cover my numbers ...

Multiple WAIT statements in a single process (for synthesis)
Hi folks It would appear to me that synthesis tools can now handle multiple WAIT statements inside a single process. The case I'm interested in is that with several wait until rising_edge(clk); statements. My questions: 1. Is this allowed for synthesis? 2. This would appear to imply some sort of state-machine (actually just a counter in this case). Would the synthesis tool use this state machine for resource sharing? Strange question but bare with me. Example: process begin wait until rising_edge(clk); a <= b + c; wait until rising_edge(clk); d <= e + f; end process; ...

EnterpriseManager-->Process Info Screen
SQL 2000 SP3 ================================================ In reviewing this screen, I have SPIDS > 100 that have a status of sleeping, command = AWAITING COMMAND and login/batch dates that are weeks old ... Shouldn't this list be more recent activity only ? Thanks, Craig (csomberg@dwr.com) writes: > SQL 2000 SP3 >================================================ > > In reviewing this screen, I have SPIDS > 100 that have a status of > sleeping, command = AWAITING COMMAND and login/batch dates that are > weeks old ... Shouldn't this list be more recent a...

Dos Won't run #2
i have just reinstalled os2, went to fp14, now when i try to run my good old Dos games the screen goes black then blinks back on. i have tried a Selective Install just to make sure all goodies were there. all the drivers are the same, h/w same etc, it's a head scratcher all right. ideas, suggestions? r.c. Sacrmento CA home of the Governator... same rez, for sure settings are the same as i recall, checked a couple of times have reinstalled twice i'll keep trying, Steel Panthers is too good a game! thanks... Wolf Kirchmeir wrote: > rc wrote: > > ...

Problems running critcl
Running ActiveState Tcl 8.6.0.0 64 bit on Windows 7. Got version 2.0.0.1 of critcl. Have a working (from the command line) version of gcc. Tried the simple examples on Tcl and other websites, but nothing works. For instance, here's a simple script: package require critcl critcl::cproc triple {int i} int { return i * 3; /* this is C code */ } puts "three times 123 is [triple 123]" When I try to execute the following line, it produces the following error: puts "three times 123 is [triple 123]" Sat Sep 03 02:51:54 CDT 2011 - g...

Dynamic Multiple Input Processing
I am creating a simple "or so I thought" php/mysql survey. There are 3 types of Surveys, with different questions. 1 for Clients, 1 for Employees, 1 for Peers. Questions for each survey are created, editable, removable, and drag/ drop sortable. Options to these questions are dynamic themselves. Basically, everything works except when I try to Insert the data into the answers table. The one question I'm looking for is how would one process the data based on the respective question_id's? Sending it to another page would require an excessive amount of _POST variables, and like...