Run VBScript as a process

Does anyone know how to load a VBScript script into memory (have it
run continuously)?

I am wanting to automatically rename files as I copy them to a specfic
directory, thus the script must constantly "execute". cscript and at
(the task scheduler) will not suffice.

Thanks in advance.
--Adam
comp.programming 11401 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Adam wrote:

> Does anyone know how to load a VBScript script into memory (have it
> run continuously)?

When you run it, it IS loaded in memory.  I think you mean something
like a "TSR", driver or daemon?  In Windows, you'd want to look into
Services, but I don't think a script can be a service.  You'd need
to work with a compilable language, AFAIK.

> I am wanting to automatically rename files as I copy them to a
> specfic directory, thus the script must constantly "execute".

Can't you just run the renaming part in a loop and leave the thing
running?

--
|_ CJSonnack <Chris@Sonnack.com> _____________| How's my programming? |
|_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL  |

Anyway, I'll try just looping the renaming subroutine and see if that
works... hopefully it won't hose the proc.

Thanks again,
--Adam