f



Corrupt J2K DICOM file

Hi there,

  Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:

http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm

  Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
properly.

2cts
-Mathieu
0
Mathieu
9/30/2008 4:27:02 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
487 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

On Sep 30, 6:27 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:
>
> http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm
>
>   Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
> bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
> going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
> properly.
>
> 2cts
> -Mathieu

If one extract the J2K stream and remove the first 8 bytes, one would
get:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/jp2c.j2k

which is almost valid (AFAIK).

-Mathieu
0
Mathieu
9/30/2008 4:30:34 PM
On Sep 30, 6:30 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 30, 6:27 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> >   Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:
>
> >http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm
>
> >   Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
> > bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
> > going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
> > properly.
>
> > 2cts
> > -Mathieu
>
> If one extract the J2K stream and remove the first 8 bytes, one would
> get:
>
> http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/jp2c.j2k
>
> which is almost valid (AFAIK).
>
> -Mathieu

Here is the fixed version:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/BuggyJ2Kvvvua-fixed2-j2k.dcm

-Mathieu
0
Mathieu
10/1/2008 2:00:39 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

how to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File for draw the CAD SR marker on Dicom File
CAD SR File SOP instance UID 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 this CAD SR file contains 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 having CAD SR file with 1)Graphic Data "28880/925" Graphic Type "POINT" 2)Graphic Data "2405/2402" Graphic Type "POINT" 3)Graphic Data "2102/2351" Graphic Type "POINT" I want to get the that CAD SR Marker write it back to my original Dicom File means how to link up the CAD SR Marker from CAD SR file to Dicom file which attribute are required to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File so that i can draw that particular cad sr marker on to the respective dicom file Hi Pritish I see. The problem you are having is probably related to the need to handle SR children by reference rather than by value. See DICOM PS 3.3 C.17.3.2.5. There are examples in PS 3.17 Annex E. The linkage between the SCOORD content item (that contains the Graphic Data attribute) and the image to which it applies is via the IMAGE content item that is a SELECTED FROM child of the SCOORD content item. In the case of Mammo CAD, this may either be by value (the IMAGE content item is nested within the Content Sequence of the SCOORD parent), or by reference, in which case the Referenced Cont...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Corrupted DICOM JPEG file
hi there, If anyone is interested, I have placed on gdcm website a DICOM JPEG file that seems to be corrupted: http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/GENESIS_SIGNA-JPEG-CorruptFrag.dcm I have not yet found a way (if any) to properly read that file. -Mathieu On Apr 14, 8:37 am, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi there, > > If anyone is interested, I have placed on gdcm website a DICOM JPEG > file that seems to be corrupted: > > http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/GENESIS_SIGNA-JPEG-CorruptFrag.dcm > > I have not yet found a way (if any) to properly read that file. > > -Mathieu This is the error that us get from dcmdump DcmItem: Element (0043,100a) found twice in one dataset/item, ignoring second entry dcmdump: error: I/O suspension or premature end of stream: reading file: C:\temp\GENESIS_SIGNA-JPEG-CorruptFrag.dcm There is that error (an element found twice) however if you modify/remove the tag you'll also find that the lossless jpeg encoded image does not decompress properly! Mathieu, I had a look at it out of curiosity, I'm not sure what's going on there myself it doesn't seem to be any of the typical lossless codec bugs that's created it, I got to the point where I felt that the predictors used to create it were wrong and gave up due to lack of time. Don't know if that helps at all. Ross <kul.singh@gmail.com> wrot...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

Is it DICOM standard to store JPIP like DICOM files for Media Storage?
Hi Sir/Madam: This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage. If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present, but I don't see Element (0028,7FE0) Pixel Data Provider URL in the DICOM header file, but Data Element (7FE0,0010) Pixel Data is not present. Thanks in Advanced. Wayne Tran Hi Wayne JPIP is not for media storage. This is not valid DICOM media. David enyaw_2010@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Sir/Madam: > > This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel > data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. > > Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 > DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the > 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information > > > Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer > Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). > > It seems JPIP is not...

DICOM files
Hi all, Am interested in calculating the Hounsfiled HU from DICOM image. How to do it? Any one pls reply. Thanks. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (actually fairly easy) then try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/ -Kelly Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. Hello Rajesh; If you are willing to consider a commercial toolkit, you should take a look at the DICOM Connectivity Framework (DCF) at http://laurelbridge.com/products/ Regards, Bronson Hokuf Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Dicom sngle-file vs. multi-file
Hello, I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. HEADER contains typically patient information and information about the image capturing modality. DATA contain either one or many images. If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained images enlisted in the header? Thanks, -pom- On May 30, 9:40 am, pompair <timona...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if > this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) > > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. > > HEADER contains typically patient information and information about > the image capturing modality. > > DATA contain either one or many images. > > If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format > encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained > images enlisted in the header? See PS 3.5 - 2008, section 8.2 NATIVE OR ENCAPSULATED FORMAT ENCODING and section A.4 TRANSFER SYNTAXES FOR ENCAPSULATION OF ENCODED PIXEL DATA for an example. HTH -Mathieu Hello Pompair, pompair wrote: > Hello, [...] > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA...

[DICOM Files] Writing multiple frames to single file?
I have a .dcm file containing multiple frames. I use: for i=1 : frameNum f = dicomread(path2dcm, 'frames', i); % downsample f end to downsample each frame. But how do I write all the downsampled frames to a single .dcm file? I have looked at: dicomwrite but it does not seem to support this operation, any ideas? ...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Convert Doc files(.rtf, .doc etc) to DICOM files
Hi, How to convert a doc file(.rtf, .doc, ,docx) to DICOM files? devendra dhayal wrote: > How to convert a doc file(.rtf, .doc, ,docx) to DICOM files? In brief, you cannot :-) Long answer: DICOM is primarily used as an image format, but there are also several SOP classes for non-image information. This includes Structured Reporting (for structured data, including reports) and Encapsulated PDF, which is a PDF file "wrapped" into a DICOM header. There is no such encapsulated format for MS Word, and it is rather unlikely that there ever will be such a format. So your...

Create DICOM files from BMP,JPG,TIFF etc AND a file
I have been unable to locate a tool to perform the following process: -parse a text file containing patient demographics -read an image directory -output DICOM All of the utilities that I have seen require one to manually enter the demographic info (or pull it from a worklist) and I would like to see if I could automate the process. Thank you in advance S Deitsch webmaster@computerholistics.com SPEAKIT wrote: > I have been unable to locate a tool to perform the following process: > -parse a text file containing patient demographics > -read an image directory ...

DICOM File Without File meta information and Size preamble
Hi all, i found dicom data set of a CT scanner (sop class is 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2) and the files of this data set haven't got the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the standard P.S. 3-10 7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is: - this file is in a valid format? -What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to read Dicom File). Thanks in advantage for your help MM > i found dicom data set of a CT scanner and the files of this data set haven't got > the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the > standard P.S. 3-10 > 7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta > information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is: > - this file is in a valid format? > -What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to > read Dicom File). Such files are not valid instances of the DICOM file format, but they are not unusual. Many (mostly older) DICOM toolkits/applications create such files. These files contain only the dataset without meta-header, which implies that the reader has to guess the Transfer Syntax, which cannot be deduced reliably from any part of the file. Therefore, readers typically assume that such files are a) Uncompressed b) Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax Some toolkits (...

Get a dicom File from PACS, add a PDF File and then Upload Again to the PACS
Hello, I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) Thanks so much. On 27 oct, 09:31, Alejandro Fern=E1ndez <alejandrofernandezru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession > Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS > Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then > Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. > > I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) > > Thanks so much. I don't understand why you need to get the Dicom file from the PACS and replace it by a PDF. Also, I don't think you can add a PDF without losing the original image's PixelData. Anyway, you can convert the PDF file to Dicom using pdf2dcm, this will create a new Dicom file. Now, you have to add all the needed data to make the new file related to the original study, such as StudyInstanceUID, AccessionNumber, PatientID, PatientName and some other useful data, using dcmodify (also from dcmtk), then you can send the new file to the PACS using storescu (again, from dcmtk). To know StudyInstanceUID, PatientID, etc, you can do a...

Is it really worth parsing the whole file just to know that it is not a dicom file?
Yes, my question comes in view of the dicom files where the DICM header is not present and the file starts with 0008,000X tag.... According to PS 3.10.... "The File Meta Information includes identifying information on the encapsulated Data Set. This header consists of a 128 byte File Preamble, followed by a 4 byte DICOM prefix, followed by the File Meta Elements shown in Table 7.1-1. This header shall be present in every DICOM file." Still, i can find DICOM files with header missing....so if we accept that yes a DICOM file minus the header is a dicom file which can only be parsed in the default transfer syntax (LittleEndianImplicit)...then how to decide without using the Data Dictionary that the file is not a dicom file? On 3 Wrz, 14:14, Atreya <atreya.da...@gmail.com> wrote: > Yes, my question comes in view of the dicom files where the DICM > header is not present and the file starts with 0008,000X tag.... > > According to PS 3.10.... > > "The File Meta Information includes identifying information on the > encapsulated Data Set. This header consists of a 128 byte File > Preamble, followed by a 4 byte DICOM prefix, followed by the File Meta > Elements shown in Table 7.1-1. This header shall be present in every > DICOM file." > > Still, i can find DICOM files with header missing....so if we accept > that yes a DICOM file minus the header is a dicom file which can only > be par...

How to draw that marker into Dicom file with that position that I fount into CAD SR file
My CAD SR File 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 with SOP Instance UID having 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 with CAD SR Marker on CAD SR file my question is that how to get the position of that CAD SR Marker and how to display that CAD SR Marker into their respective Dicom file means how to find out into which file cancer is detected i have to draw that marker into Dicom file with that position that i fount into CAD SR file ...

Web resources about - Corrupt J2K DICOM file - comp.protocols.dicom

Corrupt Bargain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Corrupt Bargain refers to three historic incidents in American history in which political agreement was determined by congressional ...


Jackie Chan Calls US 'Most Corrupt' Country In The World - YouTube
Jackie Chan Calls US 'Most Corrupt' Country In The World Jackie Chan calls US 'most corrupt' country in the world jackie chan america corrupt ...

Allegedly corrupt education chiefs keep it in the family
A stellar 30-year public service career was destroyed in hours.

China's pursuit of corrupt officials takes Australia into uncharted waters
In its worldwide pursuit of corrupt officials who have absconded with billions in illicit funds, China is, increasingly loudly, asking foreign ...

Clive Palmer says he won't win Fairfax because 'Australian electoral system is corrupt'
CLIVE Palmer now says he won't win the Queensland seat of Fairfax because the electoral system is corrupt.

Symantec spots odd malware designed to corrupt databases - intrusion, symantec, security, Desktop security ...
Symantec had spotted another odd piece of malware that appears to be targeting Iran and is designed to meddle with SQL databases.

Corrupt former Labor minister Joe Tripodi explains his interest in policy that drove him to help Nathan ...
DEVOUT Catholic Joe Tripodi took the affirmation, not the oath, in the ICAC witness stand yesterday before explaining the &#8220;policy interest&#8221; ...

Andy Coulson, Rebekah Brooks face corrupt payments charges in Operation Elveden
... doctor, Andy Coulson, and ex-News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks will be charged as part of the investigation into alleged corrupt ...

IBAC: yes, my conduct was corrupt, admits school principal
... requested $30,000 to pay for work that was never done. Keilor Heights Primary School principal Michael Giulieri​ has admitted he acted corruptly ...

Resources last updated: 2/29/2016 11:28:14 AM