dcmtk storescu problem

Greetings,

there seem to be a lot of DICOM experts here. So I have
to apologize in advance to all of them, since my question
is probably exceedingly stupid:

We've got some Analyze file format images on CD from
our diagnostics department. I was able to convert them
to DICOM by means of the medcon conversion package
(http://http://xmedcon.sourceforge.net/).

However, I am still having problems to transfer these DICOM
images to our contouring workstation (VoxelQ/AcQSim) with the
dcmtk storescu tool.

Here is what happens:

$ storescu  -v -aec DICOM_STORAGE voxelq2 104 image1.dcm
Requesting Association
Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 4090)
--------------------------
Sending file: image1.dcm
Transfer: LittleEndianExplicit -> LittleEndianImplicit
Store SCU RQ: MsgID 1, (NM)
XMIT:.........
storescu: Store Failed, file: image1.dcm:
0006:0319 DUL Peer Requested Release
storescu: Protocol Error: peer requested release (Aborting)
Aborting Association
$

I have also tried another study that we got on CD in DICOM
file format (i.e. no conversion with medcon(1) in between).
However, this fails as well:

$ storescu  -v -aec DICOM_STORAGE voxelq2 104 image1.dcm
Requesting Association
Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 4090)
--------------------------
Sending file: image1.dcm
storescu: No presentation context for: (PI)
1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.128
storescu: SCU Failed:
0006:0208 DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID
Aborting Association

(Here it hangs until I press Ctrl-C to terminate it.)

Although this is certainly a PEBKAC, I would appreciate it
if some kind soul could enlighten me of what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance - Juergen
0
Juergen
4/5/2004 9:13:21 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Juergen Salk wrote:
 > [...]
> However, I am still having problems to transfer these DICOM
> images to our contouring workstation (VoxelQ/AcQSim) with the
> dcmtk storescu tool.

> storescu: Store Failed, file: image1.dcm:
> 0006:0319 DUL Peer Requested Release
> storescu: Protocol Error: peer requested release (Aborting)
> Aborting Association

this looks like a protocol violation (=bug) in the VoxelQ. It receives
an image but does not acknowledge the receipt but instead requests
the connection to be released.

> I have also tried another study that we got on CD in DICOM
> file format (i.e. no conversion with medcon(1) in between).
> However, this fails as well:
 >
> Sending file: image1.dcm
> storescu: No presentation context for: (PI)
> 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.128
> storescu: SCU Failed:
> 0006:0208 DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID
> Aborting Association

This simply means that the VoxelQ does not support the DICOM SOP Class
(PET Image Storage) of the image you are trying to send. The "hang" of
storescu during the association abort is a known bug in the 3.5.2
release that will be fixed in  3.5.3.

Regards,
Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS
0
Marco
4/5/2004 9:35:19 AM
Marco Eichelberg <eichelberg_nospam@offis.de> wrote:

>> [...]
>> Aborting Association

> this looks like a protocol violation (=bug) in the VoxelQ.

>> [...]
>> Aborting Association

> This simply means that the VoxelQ does not support the DICOM SOP Class
> (PET Image Storage)

Thanks Marco. It seems there's nothing more to add. :-/

Best regards - Juergen

0
Juergen

dcmtk storescu giving problem with rtplan
the following error is given by storescu when I tried to store rtplan Requesting Association Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 28660) -------------------------- Sending file: rtplan.dcm storescu: No presentation context for: (RP) 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 storescu: SCU Failed: 0006:0208 DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID Aborting Association your thoughts guys!! Thanks, Animesh Animesh, > the following error is given by storescu when I tried to store rtplan [..] > storescu: No presentation context for: (RP) 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 this means t...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

problems with dcmtk-storescu from Philips CR-DSI-images to efilm
Hi, I use dcmtk-3.5.3. When I try to send CR-images from the DSI from Philips to a efilm-workstation(1.8.3) I get the following error-mesage: Requesting Association Asociation Accepted (Max Send PDV: 16372) ---------------------------------- Sending file: RF.1.3........... Transfer: LittleEndianExplicit -> LittleEndianImplicit Store SCU RQ: MsgID 1 (RF) XMIT:......storescu: Store Failed, file: RF.1.3......: 0006:0020e DIMSE Failed to send message 0006:031d TCP I/O Error (Not a directory) occured in routine: writeDataPDU storescu: SCU Failed: 0006:020e DIMSE Failed to send message 0006:031d TCP I/O Error (Not a directory) occured in routine: writeDataPDU Aborting Association ....... The images are accepted very well from the storescp and the imagectn. I also can retrieve the images from the imagectn with dicomQ/R very well. What is wrong with the storescu to efilm. Thank you in advance. Harald Grosse-Hokamp h@grosse-hokamp.net H. Grosse-Hokamp <h@grosse-hokamp.net> wrote: > 0006:0020e DIMSE Failed to send message > 0006:031d TCP I/O Error (Not a directory) occured in routine: > writeDataPDU This error is reported by storescu since the complete message could not be sent to the SCP. The strange error text "Not a directory" results from calling "strerror(errno)". Did you already try to increase the debug and/or log level on both sides? Regards, Joerg Riesmeier OFFIS ...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. ...

protocol problem
"protocol handler start failed", this is is the problem i got when i start up tomcat . before installing the oracle9i i dont have any problem. so that i am not able to run the web applications, becos it is asking for "connect local host" user name and password, can any one please help me in this?...... pratheesh72@gmail.com wrote: > "protocol handler start failed", > this is is the problem i got when i start up tomcat . before installing > the oracle9i i dont have any problem. so that i am not able to run the > web applications, becos it is asking ...

problem with protocol
In the code hereafter, gcc 4.1.2 (on Debian etch) tells me: > gcc -std=c99 -O3 -Wall -W -pedantic -c tmp.m tmp.m: In function '-[Counter addTo2::]': tmp.m:75: warning: '-addTo21::' not found in protocol(s) tmp.m: In function '-[Counter addTo21::]': tmp.m:80: warning: '-addTo22::' not found in protocol(s) What's wrong with my code? Many thanks. ld. ~~~~~ #include <objc/Object.h> typedef unsigned U32; @class Counter; @protocol Incr - (id<Incr>) incr; - (id<Incr>) incrBy: (U32)a; - (id<Incr>) in...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (actually fairly easy) then try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/ -Kelly Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. Hello Rajesh; If you are willing to consider a commercial toolkit, you should take a look at the DICOM Connectivity Framework (DCF) at http://laurelbridge.com/products/ Regards, Bronson Hokuf Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. ...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Does DCMTK can work fine with Dicom and Dicom SR for OB-GYN? Thanks
HEllo Everybody Does DCMTK can work fine with Dicom and Dicom SR for OB-GYN? Thanks Dear Penny, > Does DCMTK can work fine with Dicom and Dicom SR for OB-GYN? Yes, DCMTK should work fine with DICOM SR for OB-GYN. Best regards, Marco Eichelberg On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 6:32:51 AM UTC-5, Marco Eichelberg wrote: > Dear Penny, > > > Does DCMTK can work fine with Dicom and Dicom SR for OB-GYN? > > Yes, DCMTK should work fine with DICOM SR for OB-GYN. > > Best regards, > Marco Eichelberg Thanks You can find the corresponding ...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Problem with bmp to dicom
Hi All, I am using ImageMagick lib and dicomlib (both are C++ libs) on Linux to write an image converter to convert bmp to dicom format. The problem here is that my output (the dicom image) is completely distorted for both 8-bit and 24-bit bmp images. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is the "code" I set values for dicom: dataset.Put<VR_US>(TAG_SAMPLES_PER_PX, (UINT16)1); dataset.Put<VR_CS>(TAG_PHOTOMETRIC, string("MONOCHROME2")); dataset.Put<VR_US>(TAG_ROWS, (UINT16)infoheader.height); dataset.Put<VR_US>(...

Problems with DICOM and NAT
Hello, I'm working with DICOM and I have problems with the C-MOVE method. The network looks like this: Pacs -> Firewall -> Firewall -> WADO We do NAT in both firewalls. We can do C-FIND and we are able to get the information correctly, but when we try to do the C-MOVE we can't get the image. We have sniffed the traffic in both firewalls and we saw that when the PACS try to establish the new TCP connection, it is established correctly but in the WADO we only receive the first data package. The WADO sends the ACK and nothing more is received. On the other side, the PACS sends the data packages and it receives the ACK's for all the packages! The IP address of the ACK package is the WADO's NAT-IP address so it thinks that the transmission was carried out correctly but in the WADO we haven't received any more package. If somebody is interested I can send him the wireshark captures. Does somebody have any idea? Thanks in advance! The C-MOVE will trigger the Pacs system to open a different network connection and to send the actual images using the C-STORE service. The C-MOVE results will only carry the status of the store operations. Did you correctly setup the firewalls to allow forward incoming requests to the 'WADO' system? In general the C-MOVE\C-STORE services are not firewall friendly. If your systems supports it you may want to use the C-GET/C-STORE protocol combination which operate on the same ne...

WPA protocol problem
Is there an issue when using WPA Personal AES wireless protocol? I've recently changed the protocol because that's the strongest protocol one of my devices can handle, other than WAP. What happens is that occasionally, the network will hang, browser connections time out, mail can't sent, etc. I have to turn off the Aiport and then turn it back on and then things will work just fine. The issue might be my router, but I don't have a computer using wireless that's not running MacOSX. I have a new iMac 20" as well, but I have not seen the issue there yet (10.5.6 f...

Problem with dicom images
Dear all I am trying to read a series of continous dicom images with start sequence number SID01854 to end sequence number SID01866. I have writen the code below, .... When I ran it, it reads the first filename = SID01854, then I get an error message that out of memory. Can anyone out there kindly help. I WANT THE CODE TO EVALUATE k1, L1 and n for each of the images. function [dicomSeries,Info]=ReadDicom(sequenceStartNo,sequenceEndNo,basename,fileExtension) sequenceStartNo = 1854; sequenceEndNo = 1866; basename = ('SID'); fileExtension = ('.dcm'); fileCount=1; totalFil...

TN3270E Protocol Problem
Below is the network traffic between my client and the host (OS/390 aka IBM). Why do I get the 'Unbind', after I send the 'A' command character to the VTAM message-10 screen? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RECV FF2 FD8 RECV IAC,DO,TN3270E ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SENT FF2 FB8 SENT IAC,WILL,TN3270E ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RECV FF200FF FA882F0 RECV IAC,SB,TN3270E,SEND,DEVICE-TYPE IAC,SE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SENT FF2004442333323FF FA82792DD3278D2F0 SENT IAC,SB,DEVICE,REQUEST,IBM-3278-2 IAC,SE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Dicom Image Problem
Hi all, I am working on developing a GUI for DICOM image processing. With DICOM image in uint16, in order to display a good image, autoscaling syntax has to be used. image=dicomread('aaa.dcm'); imshow(image, []); Is there a way to save the scaled iamge into the variable or change the scale of the image directly so that I can use the scaled image for image processing? Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas! Regards, Matt Well, if i'm not mistaking, you just want a linear transformation? Remap your pixel values (intensity) to the colormap. - find max and min ofyour im...

DICOM write problem
Hi, I am in stuck on a dicom write problem. I got some PET/CT image which was 512*512*206 size. I want to change it's matrix size on 128*128, and to make DICOM file using dicomwrite function. I have converted matrix size to 128 by 128 using imresize function successfully, however when I made dicom file using the this file (matrix size 128*128), it didn't work well. metadata = dicominfo('original dicom image') %loaded original dicom image information PET_ num2str(i)= imresize(petimg(:,:,i), [128 128]) %loaded all PET image and converted matrix size using for loop. ...

dcmtk storescu question.
I've got a directory hierarchy that I need to recurse through and send to the PACS. I'm a bit confused as to the command line syntax needed to do this. ../storeescu -aet MYAET -aec DESTAET -v +r 192.168.1.1 104 DIRECTORY the files should match *.dcm I think I need these two options but the documentation is a little sparse and I'm not clear on their usage. +sd --scan-directories scan directories for input files (dcmfile-in) +sp --scan-pattern [p]attern: string (only with --scan-directories) pattern for filename matching (wildcards) Do I simply add +sd +sp *.dcm to the command line? I've googled for examples but don't find any... > I've got a directory hierarchy that I need to recurse through and send= = > to the PACS. > I'm a bit confused as to the command line syntax needed to do this. [...] > I've googled for examples but don't find any... And you've also posted this question to the DCMTK forum, where such questions belong to. Here's the corresponding posting and our answer: http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php?f=3D1&t=3D3456 Regards, J=F6rg Riesmeier ...

cisco protocol is down problem
Ihave a CISCO2621XM router in building 1 that connects from int f0/0 to a media converter. Fibre then connects to building 2 into a second media converter. The second media converter then connects into a switch. I cannot get this to work. The interface f0/0 shows: FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is down. If I plug a laptop into the 1st media converter I get links across the fibre. If I plug a laptop into f0/0 the interface comes up. Connecting the media converter to f0/0 ...nothing Any help appreciated. Nicky Does the media converter have an MDI/X switch or have you t...

SSL protocol problem
Hello, all! Excuse me, may be for a stupid question, I have a problem with SSL-protocol functionality through the squid proxy server. Without it everything is allright, but when I tried to request the same page with proxy I received a white page or nothing. After squid installation I didn't configure ssl support. Thanx in advance. ...

DCMTK: Imagectn problem
Hi there, I'm just a newbie on the use of the DCMTK tool Imagectn, and have some problems on it. What I've firstly done is, as the ctnsetup.txt file clearly says, configure the Imagectn.cfg file in order to properly use the Image Central Test Node. # Global Configuration Parameters NetworkType = "tcp" NetworkTCPPort = 65000 MaxPDUSize = 16384 MaxAssociations = 16 Display = "no" # n902 = (N902, n902, 65000) # N902 /home/.../dicom/db/N902 RW (200, 50mb) ANY After that, I wanted to check if it was ok, so I execute the following command on my (Linux) server: ./imagectn -v -c ./imagectn.cfg 65000 and the next one on my remote (WinNT) machine: echoscu -v <serverIP-address> 65000 --call N902 The echo failed and the imagectn error message is the following one: Association Received (<remoteIP-address>:ECHOSCU -> N902) Fri Oct 8 11:07:09 2004 Association Acknowledged (Max Send PDV: 16372) /home/.../dicom/db/N902/index.dat: No such file or directory imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot create DB Handle imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot destroy DB Handle imagectn: DIMSE Failure (aborting association): 000c:0001 ImageCTN DB Error Cleaned up after child (20933) Fri Oct 8 11:07:10 2004 Seems that the imagectn requieres a index.dat that doesn't exists. I've to create it manually?, there's any problem in the configuration I've set?. If anyone can help me I'll...

DICOM Worklist Problem
Dear all; I have developed worklist server based on JDCM in java. currently it is working perfectly with Philips CT Brilliance and Toshiba CT Aquillion. I have also test this worklist SCP server with TIANI worklsit SCU. it also working fine. but when Toshiba Logix 7 Ultrasound machine tries to communicate with this modality worklist server it does not show data in its worklist. however worklist server sending data to this machine perfectly without any error and also acknowledge it there is no problem in association etc. But Ultrasound macine populate data in its worklist perfectly when it communicate with TIANI modality worklist server (SCP). Can any body tell me what thing is missing regards; Sibtainpasha Hi, from the information you provide it's not easy to see exactly. When you say no error, consider the fact that "no match" is not an error - still the device will not display any scheduled examinations. Does your SCP send Response messages with examinations or only return the success response? A common problem is wrong usage of modality defined terms, should be exactly "US" for ultrasound. Do you have a logfile ar capture file available? Thomas On 8 6 , 4 50 , Thomas Freier <Tho...@soft-gate.de> wrote: > Hi, > from the information you provide it's not easy to see exactly. > When you say no error, consider the fact that "no match" is not an > error - still the device will not ...

Problems with dicom and ldap
Hello, I have a problem using ldap because I need to implement the DICOM Configuration Hierarchy showed in page 58 in file PS 3.15-2006 that is in this link: http://medical.nema.org/dicom/2006/06_15pu.pdf I am using this version of ldap: slapd 2.2.29 I've added a schema, configurationdicom.schema, for use the dicom object classes. This schema is in the same file in page 59. This schema is loaded successfully. My problem is when I use a ldif file: dn: dc=dicomconfiguration, dc=com dc: dicomconfiguration objectClass: dicomConfigurationRoot cn:dicomconfig The error message is: C:\Archivos de programa\OpenLDAP>ldapadd -f cosin.ldif -D "cn=Manager,dc=dicomconfiguration,dc=com" -w secret adding new entry "dc=dicomconfiguration,dc=com" ldap_add: Object class violation (65) additional info: attribute 'dc' not allowed My problem is the 'cn' because the objectClass dicomConfigurationRoot need it but is strange to use it in a root directory. Could you help me with that? Hello, I have found the solution of the problem. I have put an objectClass dcObject because my dn begins with dc(=dicomconfiguration). This is an example: dn: dc=dicomconfiguration,dc=com dc: dicomconfiguration objectClass: top objectClass: dcObject objectClass: dicomConfigurationRoot cn: dicomconfig ...

Web resources about - dcmtk storescu problem - comp.protocols.dicom