DICOM File Without File meta information and Size preamble

Hi all,
i found dicom data set of a CT scanner (sop class is
1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2) and the files of this data set haven't got
the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the
standard P.S. 3-10
7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta
information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is:
- this file is in a valid format?
-What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to
read Dicom File).

Thanks in advantage for your help

MM
0
vasmvr
10/15/2008 1:20:45 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

> i found dicom data set of a CT scanner and the files of this data set haven't got
> the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the
> standard P.S. 3-10
> 7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta
> information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is:
> - this file is in a valid format?
> -What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to
> read Dicom File).

Such files are not valid instances of the DICOM file format, but they
are not unusual. Many (mostly older) DICOM toolkits/applications create
such files. These files contain only the dataset without meta-header,
which implies that the reader has to guess the Transfer Syntax, which
cannot be deduced reliably from any part of the file.
Therefore, readers typically assume that such files are
a) Uncompressed
b) Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax

Some toolkits (such as DCMTK) contain heuristics to correctly guess
byte order and explicit/implicit VR and thus in most cases also
correctly read files in Explicit VR Little Endian or Explicit VR
Big Endian transfer syntax.

Best regards,
Marco Eichelberg
0
Marco
10/15/2008 2:32:35 PM
On Oct 15, 4:32 pm, Marco Eichelberg <eichelberg_nos...@offis.de>
wrote:
> > i found dicom data set of a CT scanner and the files of this data set haven't got
> > the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the
> > standard P.S. 3-10
> > 7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta
> > information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is:
> > - this file is in a valid format?
> > -What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to
> > read Dicom File).
>
> Such files are not valid instances of the DICOM file format, but they
> are not unusual. Many (mostly older) DICOM toolkits/applications create
> such files. These files contain only the dataset without meta-header,
> which implies that the reader has to guess the Transfer Syntax, which
> cannot be deduced reliably from any part of the file.
> Therefore, readers typically assume that such files are
> a) Uncompressed
> b) Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax
>
> Some toolkits (such as DCMTK) contain heuristics to correctly guess
> byte order and explicit/implicit VR and thus in most cases also
> correctly read files in Explicit VR Little Endian or Explicit VR
> Big Endian transfer syntax.

This heuristic (or a similar one) is explained here too:

[2.2.3 Determining the Transfer Syntax of DICOM input Streams]
http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part2.html

You should also realize that implementing those heuristics is
extremely difficult, error prone, and you can forge properly crafted
files to make almost any heuristic fails. Which means that for those
files, you have to read it entirely to declare whether or not this is
a "DICOM file".
As a side note, try with the deflated transfer syntax too, I'll bet
most (if not all) toolkits will reject them.

And in case you are searching for exotics files, I recommend, gdcmData
& gdcmConformanceTests

* http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_gdcmData_.3F
* http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_gdcmConformanceTests_.3F

-Mathieu
Ps: I have also seen DICOM files with a Preamble, no File Meta Header
and then the DataSet.
0
Mathieu
10/15/2008 2:46:43 PM
On 15 Ott, 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 15, 4:32 pm, Marco Eichelberg <eichelberg_nos...@offis.de>
> wrote:
>

> > > i found dicom data set of a CT scanner and the files of this data set haven't got
> > > the file meta information (group 0002) and the size premble. In the
> > > standard P.S. 3-10
> > > 7 DICOM File Format seems that a file Dicom must have the file meta
> > > information (group 0002) and the size premble, so my question is:
> > > - this file is in a valid format?
> > > -What can I do with a file like this (I'm developing an application to
> > > read Dicom File).
>
> > Such files are not valid instances of the DICOM file format, but they
> > are not unusual. Many (mostly older) DICOM toolkits/applications create
> > such files. These files contain only the dataset without meta-header,
> > which implies that the reader has to guess the Transfer Syntax, which
> > cannot be deduced reliably from any part of the file.
> > Therefore, readers typically assume that such files are
> > a) Uncompressed
> > b) Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax
>
> > Some toolkits (such as DCMTK) contain heuristics to correctly guess
> > byte order and explicit/implicit VR and thus in most cases also
> > correctly read files in Explicit VR Little Endian or Explicit VR
> > Big Endian transfer syntax.
>
> This heuristic (or a similar one) is explained here too:
>
> [2.2.3 Determining the Transfer Syntax of DICOM input Streams]http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part2.html
>
> You should also realize that implementing those heuristics is
> extremely difficult, error prone, and you can forge properly crafted
> files to make almost any heuristic fails. Which means that for those
> files, you have to read it entirely to declare whether or not this is
> a "DICOM file".
> As a side note, try with the deflated transfer syntax too, I'll bet
> most (if not all) toolkits will reject them.
>
> And in case you are searching for exotics files, I recommend, gdcmData
> & gdcmConformanceTests
>
> *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
> *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
>
> -Mathieu
> Ps: I have also seen DICOM files with a Preamble, no File Meta Header
> and then the DataSet.

Thank You all for your prompt answer, so that images are in Dicom
standard but we to read them however.
Thanks for the link but what is gdcm?

Thanks again for your help.

MM

0
vasmvr
10/16/2008 12:19:02 PM
On Oct 16, 2:19 pm, vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 15 Ott, 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > Such files are not valid instances of the DICOM file format, but they
> > > are not unusual. Many (mostly older) DICOM toolkits/applications create
> > > such files. These files contain only the dataset without meta-header,
> > > which implies that the reader has to guess the Transfer Syntax, which
> > > cannot be deduced reliably from any part of the file.
> > > Therefore, readers typically assume that such files are
> > > a) Uncompressed
> > > b) Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax
>
> > > Some toolkits (such as DCMTK) contain heuristics to correctly guess
> > > byte order and explicit/implicit VR and thus in most cases also
> > > correctly read files in Explicit VR Little Endian or Explicit VR
> > > Big Endian transfer syntax.
>
> > This heuristic (or a similar one) is explained here too:
>
> > [2.2.3 Determining the Transfer Syntax of DICOM input Streams]http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part2.html
>
> > You should also realize that implementing those heuristics is
> > extremely difficult, error prone, and you can forge properly crafted
> > files to make almost any heuristic fails. Which means that for those
> > files, you have to read it entirely to declare whether or not this is
> > a "DICOM file".
> > As a side note, try with the deflated transfer syntax too, I'll bet
> > most (if not all) toolkits will reject them.
>
> > And in case you are searching for exotics files, I recommend, gdcmData
> > & gdcmConformanceTests
>
> > *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
> > *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
>
> > -Mathieu
> > Ps: I have also seen DICOM files with a Preamble, no File Meta Header
> > and then the DataSet.
>
> Thank You all for your prompt answer, so that images are in Dicom
> standard but we to read them however.
> Thanks for the link but what is gdcm?

you are kiddin', right ? You cannot possibly be serious ...

Did you scroll to the top of the page I sent you ?

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_GDCM.3F

-M
0
Mathieu
10/16/2008 2:28:38 PM
On 16 Ott, 16:28, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2:19 pm, vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> > On 15 Ott, 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > This heuristic (or a similar one) is explained here too:
>
> > > [2.2.3 Determining the Transfer Syntax of DICOM input Streams]http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part2.html
>
> > > You should also realize that implementing those heuristics is
> > > extremely difficult, error prone, and you can forge properly crafted
> > > files to make almost any heuristic fails. Which means that for those
> > > files, you have to read it entirely to declare whether or not this is
> > > a "DICOM file".
> > > As a side note, try with the deflated transfer syntax too, I'll bet
> > > most (if not all) toolkits will reject them.
>
> > > And in case you are searching for exotics files, I recommend, gdcmData
> > > & gdcmConformanceTests
>
> > > *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
> > > *http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
>
> > > -Mathieu
> > > Ps: I have also seen DICOM files with a Preamble, no File Meta Header
> > > and then the DataSet.
>
> > Thank You all for your prompt answer, so that images are in Dicom
> > standard but we to read them however.
> > Thanks for the link but what is gdcm?
>
> you are kiddin', right ? You cannot possibly be serious ...
>
> Did you scroll to the top of the page I sent you ?
>
> http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/General_questions#What_is_...
>
> -M

Really I don't know, it seems gdcm is Dicom library, but I don't
understand how can I use it. Sorry for my not knowledge about it. I'm
not so expert in Dicom, I studied the standard to implement some
software to be compatible with Dicom 3.0 to export in Dicom format and
to read Dicom format, nothing else....

MM
0
vasmvr

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

DICOM File Meta Information: VR=UN
Hi there, After reading PS 3.10 - 2008, 7.1 DICOM FILE META INFORMATION, I believe that a DICOM file is valid even if the elements in the File Meta Information are declared as UN instead of there respective VR. I know the case is hairy, but when converting a Little Endian Implicit file meta information header (typically from GE), I do not wish to load the data dictionary in which case I default to using VR=UN. Thanks -Mathieu > After reading PS 3.10 - 2008, 7.1 DICOM FILE META INFORMATION, I > believe that a DICOM file is valid even if the elements in the File > Meta Information are declared as UN instead of there respective VR. > I know the case is hairy, but when converting a Little Endian > Implicit file meta information header (typically from GE), I do not > wish to load the data dictionary in which case I default to using > VR=UN. Certainly a gray area, but I believe that encoding meta-headers as UN will break many toolkits (certainly ours, i.e. DCMTK, in the default configuration) and is not a good idea. The only reason to ever create UN elements is when converting from Implicit VR to Explicit VR and reading an attribute that is unknown to the application. However, no metadata attributes have been defined since part 10 was written, so there is no reason why an application writing a part 10 metaheader should ever encounter an unknown attribute. Also, "conversion from Implicit VR metaheader" is a use-c...

how to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File for draw the CAD SR marker on Dicom File
CAD SR File SOP instance UID 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 this CAD SR file contains 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 having CAD SR file with 1)Graphic Data "28880/925" Graphic Type "POINT" 2)Graphic Data "2405/2402" Graphic Type "POINT" 3)Graphic Data "2102/2351" Graphic Type "POINT" I want to get the that CAD SR Marker write it back to my original Dicom File means how to link up the CAD SR Marker from CAD SR file to Dicom file which attribute are required to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File so that i can draw that particular cad sr marker on to the respective dicom file Hi Pritish I see. The problem you are having is probably related to the need to handle SR children by reference rather than by value. See DICOM PS 3.3 C.17.3.2.5. There are examples in PS 3.17 Annex E. The linkage between the SCOORD content item (that contains the Graphic Data attribute) and the image to which it applies is via the IMAGE content item that is a SELECTED FROM child of the SCOORD content item. In the case of Mammo CAD, this may either be by value (the IMAGE content item is nested within the Content Sequence of the SCOORD parent), or by reference, in which case the Referenced Cont...

Help needed: Problems with DICOM File Meta Information
Hi experts, I got some DICOM data that are difficult to interpret for me. 0002,0001 File Meta Information Version:  0002,0002 Media Stored SOP Class UID: 2.16.124.113531.2.0.3 0002,0003 Media Stored SOP Instance UID: 1.2.840.113746.4734.19960529.184010964.19960529.100922.2177.1 0002,0010 Transfer Syntax UID: 1.2.840.10008.1.2 0002,0012 Implementation Class UID: UCDMC/gcc2.5.8/DECMIPS/MHO 0002,0013 Implementation Version Name: 0.1B/WIN32 0002,0016 Source Application Entity Title: : I do can read the first element 0002:0001. It has a length of 2 b...

Dicom sngle-file vs. multi-file
Hello, I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. HEADER contains typically patient information and information about the image capturing modality. DATA contain either one or many images. If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained images enlisted in the header? Thanks, -pom- On May 30, 9:40 am, pompair <timona...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if > this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) > > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. > > HEADER contains typically patient information and information about > the image capturing modality. > > DATA contain either one or many images. > > If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format > encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained > images enlisted in the header? See PS 3.5 - 2008, section 8.2 NATIVE OR ENCAPSULATED FORMAT ENCODING and section A.4 TRANSFER SYNTAXES FOR ENCAPSULATION OF ENCODED PIXEL DATA for an example. HTH -Mathieu Hello Pompair, pompair wrote: > Hello, [...] > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

File Size
Not a terrbily accomplished C coder here. I have a small ANSI C app that at some point needs to know the number of bytes in a file. I've seen a few suggestions along the lines of: fseek(fIn, 0, SEEK_END); fSize = ftell(fIn); Which worked great until now. We have now come across a situation where the file is huge (one specific example is 4,499,692,752 bytes). Even if fSize is declared as "long long", which is big enough to handle that value, it is not geting the correct value. So that tells me that either fseek can't get that far into the file or ftell can'...

[DICOM Files] Writing multiple frames to single file?
I have a .dcm file containing multiple frames. I use: for i=1 : frameNum f = dicomread(path2dcm, 'frames', i); % downsample f end to downsample each frame. But how do I write all the downsampled frames to a single .dcm file? I have looked at: dicomwrite but it does not seem to support this operation, any ideas? ...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Is there a way to get a file size without opening the file?
In there a way to get a file size without opening the file? (that is, without using wxFILE - I'm assuming that enumerating a directory using that method would be slow) regards, mike skrzypczak >In there a way to get a file size without opening the file? (that is, >without using wxFILE - I'm assuming that enumerating a directory using >that method would be slow) Try using wxStat: wxStructStat statinfo; if (wxStat(filename, &statinfo)) // We are in trouble ... wxMessageBox("wxStat failed!", "", 0, 0); bytes =3D statinfo....

Create DICOM files from BMP,JPG,TIFF etc AND a file
I have been unable to locate a tool to perform the following process: -parse a text file containing patient demographics -read an image directory -output DICOM All of the utilities that I have seen require one to manually enter the demographic info (or pull it from a worklist) and I would like to see if I could automate the process. Thank you in advance S Deitsch webmaster@computerholistics.com SPEAKIT wrote: > I have been unable to locate a tool to perform the following process: > -parse a text file containing patient demographics > -read an image directory ...

IT professional needs information on DICOM files
I'm an IT professional - I need to find out some background information about DICOM files - I'm primarily interested in things like differences (if any) from other common filetypes (TIF, JPG, etc.), potential storage issues due to filesize, naming conventions, what type of storage sub-systems the application that creates the DICOM files would typically use (is any windows compatible system OK?), and what type of repository (like a document management system) would be used to store and retrieve DICOM files. I'll be happy to provide my direct email address to communicate di...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

File#size and File#size? follow links?
Do File#size and File#size? follow links? It would certainly appear to be so, but docs don't say. Don't symlinks have a size of some sort of their own? Kind of confused by this. (Hard links are a bit more of a mind-bender at times. I'm afraid to create or use them for fear of black holes. ) On Apr 27, 7:57 am, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do File#size and File#size? follow links? > It would certainly appear to be so, but docs don't say. > Don't symlinks have a size of some sort of their own? > Kind of confused by this. (Hard...

Convert Doc files(.rtf, .doc etc) to DICOM files
Hi, How to convert a doc file(.rtf, .doc, ,docx) to DICOM files? devendra dhayal wrote: > How to convert a doc file(.rtf, .doc, ,docx) to DICOM files? In brief, you cannot :-) Long answer: DICOM is primarily used as an image format, but there are also several SOP classes for non-image information. This includes Structured Reporting (for structured data, including reports) and Encapsulated PDF, which is a PDF file "wrapped" into a DICOM header. There is no such encapsulated format for MS Word, and it is rather unlikely that there ever will be such a format. So your...

DICOM files
Hi all, Am interested in calculating the Hounsfiled HU from DICOM image. How to do it? Any one pls reply. Thanks. ...

compare file size with online file size
hi! Im trying to make something that compares 2 files. One of the files is on the users computer.... The other is on a website! Obviously what Im trying to do is compare the lastModified date, in order to update the file on the users computer if neccessary. Only problem is that I dont know how I can get the size of the file online without downloading it first... Any ideas? Would the HTTP "Content-length" header line help you? Some servers don't send that so sometime you wouldn't know ahead of time. But in general you can use the urllib module and then the info() metho...

Inserting information into an existing DICOM file

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Broken DICOM file: JP2 image file instead of code stream
Hello, I was recently submitted yet another broken DICOM file, it contains a JP2 compressed image (header info), instead of a J2K code stream: http://cvs.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/viewvc/gdcmData/ELSCINT1_JP2vsJ2K.dcm I anonymized it manually. For some reason the CD it was on, contained a RAW image and a compressed one right next to eah other. For some reason the Media Storage SOP Instance UID would contain the Root UID of Algotech (Implementation Class confirms that too), but all UID in the dataset contained the Root UID of TOSHIBA (image was acquired on TOSHIBA machine). HTH, -Mathieu ...

Is it DICOM standard to store JPIP like DICOM files for Media Storage?
Hi Sir/Madam: This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage. If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present, but I don't see Element (0028,7FE0) Pixel Data Provider URL in the DICOM header file, but Data Element (7FE0,0010) Pixel Data is not present. Thanks in Advanced. Wayne Tran Hi Wayne JPIP is not for media storage. This is not valid DICOM media. David enyaw_2010@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Sir/Madam: > > This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel > data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. > > Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 > DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the > 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information > > > Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer > Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). > > It seems JPIP is not...

Get a dicom File from PACS, add a PDF File and then Upload Again to the PACS
Hello, I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) Thanks so much. On 27 oct, 09:31, Alejandro Fern=E1ndez <alejandrofernandezru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession > Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS > Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then > Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. > > I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) > > Thanks so much. I don't understand why you need to get the Dicom file from the PACS and replace it by a PDF. Also, I don't think you can add a PDF without losing the original image's PixelData. Anyway, you can convert the PDF file to Dicom using pdf2dcm, this will create a new Dicom file. Now, you have to add all the needed data to make the new file related to the original study, such as StudyInstanceUID, AccessionNumber, PatientID, PatientName and some other useful data, using dcmodify (also from dcmtk), then you can send the new file to the PACS using storescu (again, from dcmtk). To know StudyInstanceUID, PatientID, etc, you can do a...

How to draw that marker into Dicom file with that position that I fount into CAD SR file
My CAD SR File 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 with SOP Instance UID having 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 with CAD SR Marker on CAD SR file my question is that how to get the position of that CAD SR Marker and how to display that CAD SR Marker into their respective Dicom file means how to find out into which file cancer is detected i have to draw that marker into Dicom file with that position that i fount into CAD SR file ...

Is it really worth parsing the whole file just to know that it is not a dicom file?
Yes, my question comes in view of the dicom files where the DICM header is not present and the file starts with 0008,000X tag.... According to PS 3.10.... "The File Meta Information includes identifying information on the encapsulated Data Set. This header consists of a 128 byte File Preamble, followed by a 4 byte DICOM prefix, followed by the File Meta Elements shown in Table 7.1-1. This header shall be present in every DICOM file." Still, i can find DICOM files with header missing....so if we accept that yes a DICOM file minus the header is a dicom file which can only be parsed in the default transfer syntax (LittleEndianImplicit)...then how to decide without using the Data Dictionary that the file is not a dicom file? On 3 Wrz, 14:14, Atreya <atreya.da...@gmail.com> wrote: > Yes, my question comes in view of the dicom files where the DICM > header is not present and the file starts with 0008,000X tag.... > > According to PS 3.10.... > > "The File Meta Information includes identifying information on the > encapsulated Data Set. This header consists of a 128 byte File > Preamble, followed by a 4 byte DICOM prefix, followed by the File Meta > Elements shown in Table 7.1-1. This header shall be present in every > DICOM file." > > Still, i can find DICOM files with header missing....so if we accept > that yes a DICOM file minus the header is a dicom file which can only > be par...

Web resources about - DICOM File Without File meta information and Size preamble - comp.protocols.dicom

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Baird government labelled 'secret state' as information increasingly blocked
NSW ministers have shut the door to freedom of information requests, granting access to only a third of applicants, half the rate of the previous ...

Sudanese family plea for information about boy injured in Girrawheen after party
The family of a South Sudanese teenager critically injured after a house party in Perth's northern suburbs on Friday night has made an impassioned ...

Cardinal George Pell hits back at 'incorrect information' on royal commission appearance after Tim Minchin ...
Cardinal George Pell hits back at criticism of his inability to return to Australia to appear in person before the child sex abuse royal commission. ...

South Carolina providing misleading information about voter ID law
South Carolina’s voter id law is not “strict” compared to similar laws in other states, as it requests but does not require a photo ID for citizens ...

$10,000 reward offered for information about 13 dead bald eagles on Eastern Shore
Federal wildlife authorities and a group of nonprofit organizations are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to a conviction ...

Baidu's browser leaks sensitive information
... and some of which have been installed hundreds of millions of times, contain the same flaws, and are sending back the same detailed information, ...

Exclusive: Rightside employee tax information stolen in data breach
... Rightside (Nasdaq: NAME) was the target of a “highly sophisticated phishing scam,” resulting in the theft of employees' personal information, ...

Apple needs to provide more information on its secret data centre in the middle of an Irish forest
A government-funded planning body in Ireland wants Apple to provide a lot more information about its proposed Irish data centre, according to ...