DICOM header printing through DICOM printing

Hi,

Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management.
So we are implementing DICOM print SCU.
But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some
infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any
possible way for that??

Thanks and Regards,
Surendra
0
suren
12/19/2007 12:10:04 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

>Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management.
>So we are implementing DICOM print SCU.
>But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some
>infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any
>possible way for that??

we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed.
works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of
dicom-print layout etc.
0
Sascha
12/20/2007 9:18:02 AM
Hi Surendra

Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for
this.

In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in"
exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data.

Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these
may not be widely or consistently supported.

Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you
render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g.,
perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending
it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated
approach.

As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE
CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you should do
exactly (certainly no less) than what the profile requires as a
Print Composer; and there is no mention of any means other than
the pixel data to get annotations to the printer.

David

Sascha Bohnenkamp wrote:
>> Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management.
>> So we are implementing DICOM print SCU.
>> But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some
>> infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any
>> possible way for that??
>
> we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed.
> works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of
> dicom-print layout etc.
0
David
12/20/2007 6:35:58 PM
On Dec 20, 6:35=A0pm, David Clunie <dclu...@dclunie.com> wrote:
> Hi Surendra
>
> Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for
> this.
>
> In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in"
> exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data.
>
> Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these
> may not be widely or consistently supported.
>
> Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you
> render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g.,
> perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending
> it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated
> approach.
>
> As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE
> CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you should do
> exactly (certainly no less) than what the profile requires as a
> Print Composer; and there is no mention of any means other than
> the pixel data to get annotations to the printer.
>
> David
>

> Sascha Bohnenkamp wrote:
> >> Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management.
> >> So we are implementing DICOM print SCU.
> >> But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some
> >> infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any
> >> possible way for that??
>
> > we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed.
> > works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of
> > dicom-print layout etc.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Sasscha ,Thanks David
0
suren
12/21/2007 12:01:53 PM
On Dec 20, 9:18=A0am, Sascha Bohnenkamp <asbohnenk...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management.
> >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU.
> >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some
> >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any
> >possible way for that??
>
> we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed.
> works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of
> dicom-print layout etc.

Thanks Sascha
0
suren

Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer
The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image information and not the image header information. All the header details such as patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. There are three queries based on this requirement: 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image buffer and not the header information? 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the DICOM image buffer and not the header? On Jan 16, 8:01 am, vijaya <vijaya.ramanat...@patni.com> wrote: > The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image > information and not the image header information. All the header > details such as > patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the > image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The > DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. > There are three queries based on this requirement: > > 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image > buffer and not the header information? > > 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? > > 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the > DICOM image bu...

DICOM Print and Siemens Print SCU
Hi. I am experiencing a strange behaviour while trying to have a Siemens US modality (Siemens Antares) correctly work with my DICOM printer emulator (working as a DICOM Print SCP). The Siemens Antares modality works as a DICOM Print SCU. When requested to print a certain US image by the operator, it correctly completes the association with my DICOM Print SCP, negotiating support for the abstract syntaxes 1.2.840.10008.5.1.1.9, 1.2.840.10008.5.1.1.14 and 1.2.840.10008.5.1.1.18, which are all supported by my DICOM Print SCP emulator. Then, the Siemens Antares SCU send an N-GET-RQ...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

dicom print
r ...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

I try to create a Dicom Print server and when a receive print from Ultrasonografy I have a trouble.
Hi, It's is my first post in this group, so, I'm creating a print server, to re= ceive DICOM Print image and send to my database. When I try to receive a pr= int from a Logic 5 (GE), I receive a response on "Basic Film Session" - NGE= T, to response a status 116. When I search about and reading about that an= d I see a trouble in dataset to send(response), to this machine. I think th= e trouble is in my tag: PrinterStatus, but I sending string "0", to Logic 5= .. I was create a code based on Tiani Print SCU. I was apreciation some help! Thank you. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

DICOM Printing formatting
Hi , I want to Give a .Net JPEG object to DICOM Printer for printing.This jpeg file we have created using dicom image file. Please let me know what all things we need to implement so that we can: 1) print some Patient related information in header of the printout .Also if I want to specify location of the text say top left or bottom right then how this can be achieved. 2)Add some annotation to the Jpeg image. 3) Also I want to know whether for DICOM printing we need whole DICOM file or Just the Pixel data. Thanks and Regards, Surendra On Jan 18, 8:40 am, suren....@gmail.com wrote: > Hi , > I want to Give a .Net JPEG object to DICOM Printer for printing.This > jpeg file we have created using dicom image file. > Please let me know what all things we need to implement so that we > can: > 1) print some Patient related information in header of the > printout .Also if I want to specify location of the text say top left > or bottom right then how this can be achieved. > 2)Add some annotation to the Jpeg image. > > 3) Also I want to know whether for DICOM printing we need whole DICOM > file or Just the Pixel data. The DICOM Basic Grayscale/Color Print Management META SOP Classes just take the pixels and print them according to the configuration/commands you pass to the printer with the N-CREATE-RQ, N-SET-RQ and N-ACTION-RQ DIMSE Services belonging to these classes. These messages do not contain any information a...

Redirect Dicom print
HI, does anybody know if there is a freeware or maybe shareware utility under win or linux that can work as a "print server"? I need to print my dicom images but i would like to do it from my laptop through my home pc in a inkjet printer. I should be able to send my images to my home pc that printes them automatically.... Is there anything like that? Hai, If you want to have Print Server, use JDICOM JDICOM is available at http://members.chello.at/petra=AD.kirchdorfer/jdicom/. Cheers Murali R=2EP. wrote: > HI, > > does anybody know if there i...

Dicom Print with Dicomscope
Hi, I work on a software which makes some transformations on dicom images. I would like to implement a print service with this soft so that i can print the dicom files (with or without annotations...) But before using a printer (i haven't for the moment), i have tried to use the dicomscope to understand and see the results. How can I send my dicom files to the Dicomscope SCP and see the preview of the print ? I have tried functions of the DCMTK : dcmpsprt which creates hardcopy and stored print object but i don't see the preview of the print. I also try dcmprscu which s...

Dicom to paper print
Hello everybody, what i am asking is if anybody knows about a very small print server that can print dicom jobs to standard printer. I should be able to sent it to my pc and then the image is printed in the connected printer. I am not asking for professional programs, just a small one that works for few copies in a day. Thank you Riccardo *** Vendor Alert *** Hi Ricardo, I have developed such a product, check: http://www.charruasoft.com/printscp/index.php Regards, Rafael Sanguinetti CharruaSoft.com Yes I got it, but I thought it was just for a demonstration use, not for continuative. Can I use it indefinitely? <rafa_sanguinetti@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:abf24df4-a1a8-456c-974d-ba6a34019d7d@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > *** Vendor Alert *** > > Hi Ricardo, > > I have developed such a product, check: > http://www.charruasoft.com/printscp/index.php > > Regards, > Rafael Sanguinetti > CharruaSoft.com > > > Hi! Conquest has a print scp included! http://www.xs4all.nl/~ingenium/dicom.html It prints to your default printer! Give it a try! Ciao Rainer Riccardo Paesani wrote: > Hello everybody, > > what i am asking is if anybody knows about a very small print server that > can print dicom jobs to standard printer. > I should be able to sent it to my pc and then the image is printed in the > connected printer....

DICOM Print SCU !
Hello, as said in past messages, I'm trying to code a Print SCU for my viewer DICOM. Using the DCMTK, some questions stay without answers for me so I need your help, please! 1) When we call the printer to print, in the dcmprscu code, we call the function SpoolStoredPrintFile, but this function which realizes all operations of printing (from negociation with printer to N-ACTION and finish with release association) is called for each param (Stored Print Object) passed in the command line dcmprscu. So what does a Basic Film Session represent exactly in this command line because ...

A library for dicom print
Hello, We want to develop a module in our application to allow to print dicom files in dicom printers. We would like to know your opinions about distinct libraries of dicom print ? which libraries you recommend to us ? which is the best for you ? We would like anopen source library, but if the best library is for payment we will have to pay, This library would have implemented : * Basic Grayscale Print Management SOP Class * Basic Color Print Management SOP Class * Annotations SOP Class * Print Job SOP Class We have been looking some libraries but we want to kwnow the opinion of another developers ? Another question do you know any software apart from Dicomscope from dcmtk to simulate a dicom print to do some testing ? Thanks > Another question do you know any software apart from Dicomscope from > dcmtk to simulate a dicom print to do some testing ? If I remember correctly, the DVTk (http://dvtk.org/) contains a DICOM print server emulator that is freely available. Furthermore there is DCMPRINT, an extension of DCMTK which contains a fairly comprehensive print server (not related to the simple print server in Dicomscope), but this is not free software. Free evaluation versions are available, however - see http://dicom.offis.de/evaluation.php.en Regards, Marco Eichelberg OFFIS On Aug 13, 2:48=A0pm, focus <cpm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > We want to develop a module in our application to al...

dicom print software
i need free software for print dicom images into kodak DryView 8100, efilm is very basic. thk ...

Dicom print in c#
Hi all, Is there any open source available in c# for implementing dicom print functionality,or just give me some insigths about how should i go about it. if any one knows about open source please give me the links. Thanks and regards swamy ...

DICOM Print Server
Hi all! Exists a free-ware DICOM Print server for receiving DICOM Print Jobs to print out to a normal windows printer? Thx. ...

Printing on a Dicom Printer
Hi all, I'm trying to print on a Dicom Printer. After having read documentations, I thought that if I would like to print a Secondary Capture, I had to generate a Hard Copy Image then a Stored Print Image and finally had to send this Stored Print Image to the Dicom Printer. As I haven't any Dicom Printer, I made tests with Jdicom PrintServer and Dicomscope Print SCP and sending directly SecondaryCapture Image (without generating HardCopy Image and SoredPrintImage) to the Print SCP worked. Is it normal ? When I made tests with Dicomscope, I saw that pressing "Pri...

DICOM Print SCU
Hello! I work on a society which has realizes a Dicom Viewer using dcmtk with some modifications on the images. Now we want to allow the Print Management Service. What etaps do I have to respect and to realize ? Are the classes Basic Film Session, Basic Film Box, Basic Grayscale and Color Print Image Boxes implement in the dcmtk and where are they and how implement them ? Is it possible to modify the code of dcmprscu and adapt it to an MFC Project directly to print, and if yes, are the color print management and presentation lut and annotation box defined ? Last question, tell ...

Printing DICOM images
Hi all: I'd like to know how can I send a DICOM image from software I want to develop to a DICOM printer. Is there any document that explains how to do it whatever it is Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, etc.? Another thing: how can I do a VB application that reads DICOM images headers, so it can be recorded on a Database? Thanks a lot David On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:55:00 -0800, DAVID wrote: > Hi all: > > I'd like to know how can I send a DICOM image from software I want to > develop to a DICOM printer. Is there any document that explains how to > do it whatever ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

Web resources about - DICOM header printing through DICOM printing - comp.protocols.dicom

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Injured toucan gets beak repair courtesy of 3D printing
A custom prosthetic beak-piece helps a toucan rescued from animal smugglers eat and groom normally once again. 3D printing isn't just for people ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Health study reveals harmful "toxic" effects of 3D printing
A team of scientists has published a study that details the health hazards of 3D printing, which it says causes the release of toxic particles. ...

3Doodler is back with a cute, safe 3D printing pen for kids
Even from their earliest moments of Kickstarter success, one thing was clear to the team at 3D printing pen startup 3Doodler: they'd have to ...