dicom to dicom converter

Hi all,
it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so
I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary
dicom images to standard dicom images!

thanks,
Mauro

0
mauro
9/10/2007 2:38:21 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so
> I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary
> dicom images to standard dicom images!

Hi Mauro,

  It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what
you call standard dicom image :)
  GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are
not afraid of a little compilation):

http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/

  But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co:

http://www.tomovision.com/

  I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read
(trust me I tried hard to make it fails).

-Mathieu

0
Mathieu
9/10/2007 8:17:17 AM
Thanks a lot Mathieu,
finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid
error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you
pointed me out are quite interesting!
thanks,
Mauro

On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>   It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what
> you call standard dicom image :)
>   GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are
> not afraid of a little compilation):
>
> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/
>
>   But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co:
>
> http://www.tomovision.com/
>
>   I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read
> (trust me I tried hard to make it fails).
>
> -Mathieu

0
mauro
9/14/2007 6:00:55 AM
A little more detail on your requirement would be helpful in pointing
you to appropriate tools for your need.

When you talk about "proprietary DICOM" are you actually talking about
non-standard or incomplete population of attributes in images from the
modality, or are you talking about actual proprietary/private SOP
Classes which some modality vendors output for use by the same
manufactures' PACS or workstation products?  Included in this category
might also be conversions from more recent SOP classes from the
modality to an older SOP class to accomodate a legacy PACS which
doesn't support the image types from the new modality (e.g. - down
converting DX images (ok not so new now) to CR, etc.

Dejarnette Netshare is one of the oldest, most widely deployed DICOM
to DICOM coverter, used to dynamically remap, correct, or synthesize
attribute values in images output from modalities before
retransmitting them to a PACS. Similarly, a variety of "Merge Boxes"
also serve in similar roles. Sime PACS products now include repair or
remapping functions on the input interfaces to eliminate the need for
dedicated single modality devices.

0
eric

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. Go to http://www.dicomtool.com to see more detail. If you have any questions, please ask me, thank you. Best Regards, http://www.dicomtool.com ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

what dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and viewing?
understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? There is a free DICOM viewer in www.fruitfruit.com. But I never heard that any free dicom viewer can create cd. paperplane <paperplanefly@yahoo.com> wrote: > understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know > besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and > dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? <URL:http://irad.sf.net/> Works g...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

DICOM vs .. "raw DICOM" ?
I'm looking at this sentence: "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet medical digital communication standards " It comes from here: http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ultrasound/ultrasound-it/echopac-pc/index.html And all I can think is .. "Wait, what?" What exactly is the difference? What do they _mean_ ? Hello Trevoke, Trevoke wrote: > "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet > medical digital communication standards " DICOM or raw DICOM... wait, _what_? ;o) > What exactly is the > difference? What do they _mean_ ? Probably the author of this sentence is referring to storage of private information as DICOM Raw Data IOD. Just guessing: This may refer 3D Ultrasound data which is described in Supplement 43. Supplement 43 was released in April 2009 and defines: Enhanced US Volume Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.2 Arterial Pulse Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.5.1 Respiratory Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.6.1 General Audio Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.4.2 Maybe Supp. 43 was released too late for the device discussed on this page to make its objects Supplement 43 compliant. Thus it stores the "modern" data objects not in Enhanced Ultrasound IOD but as DICOM Raw Data instead. DICOM Raw Data IOD has the advantage over private IODs that Storage and Retrieval can be ensured in a "Store-an...

Introduction to DICOM - Chapter III
http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction-to-dicom-chapter-iii-dicom.html ...

DICOM converter
Hi, i'm looking for a tool to make conversion from bmp format to dicom. It must be a w32 consolle application or a c library. Not a windows application. thank you tommaso Tommaso --, Check out sample download from http://www.medicalconnections.co.uk/ Dominick Anggara Integration Engineer PointDx Inc. > Hi, i'm looking for a tool to make conversion from bmp format to dicom. > > It must be a w32 consolle application or a c library. Not a windows > application. > > > thank you > > tommaso ...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (actually fairly easy) then try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/ -Kelly Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. Hello Rajesh; If you are willing to consider a commercial toolkit, you should take a look at the DICOM Connectivity Framework (DCF) at http://laurelbridge.com/products/ Regards, Bronson Hokuf Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. ...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? > i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). > But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her > focntion ? > =A0i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? > > and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM > structured report ? =A0 DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 > or not ? > > i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. > > Thanks Hi, Please go through this site and you will find lots of presentation on Structured Reporting. I think it will help you regards Nagaraj ...

convert DICOM header to google protocol buffer
Does anyone know of any open source code floating about to convert a DICOM header into a google protocol buffer format? Thanks. On Monday, May 13, 2013 1:41:05 AM UTC+2, Aaron Boxer wrote: > Does anyone know of any open source code floating about to convert a DICOM header into a google protocol buffer format? Assuming this 'floating' code exists, how would it encode an image (binary buffer) into google protocol buffer ? Just curious. On Monday, May 13, 2013 10:12:36 AM UTC-4, Mathieu Malaterre wrote: > On Monday, May 13, 2013 1:41:05 AM UTC+2, Aaron Boxer wrote: > > > Does anyone know of any open source code floating about to convert a DICOM header into a google protocol buffer format? > > > > Assuming this 'floating' code exists, how would it encode an image (binary buffer) into google protocol buffer ? Just curious. I would like to encode everything but the pixel data. I believe that the MINT project (https://code.google.com/p/medical-imaging-= network-transport/) used Google Protocol Buffers to store header data about= a DICOM study. The context there was to store a record of all the headers= for a given study in a compact format that could be retrieved by a client = via rest services. =20 It was very loosely based on the ideas behind the streaming mechanism in th= e ClearCanvas ImageServer, and I believe the google protocol buffer code wa= s only storing differences in headers. Ie, it w...

Testing DICOM datasets for RT DICOM types needed
Looking for sample testing DICOM datasets for RT: Urgent need is for: Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Others are: SOP UID SOP name 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.2 Radiation Therapy Dose Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.3 Radiation Therapy Structure Set Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.4 Radiation Therapy Beams Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 Radiation Therapy Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.6 Radiation Therapy Brachy Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.7 Radiation Therapy Treatment Summary Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.8 Radiation Therapy Ion Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.9 Radiation Therapy Ion Beams Treatment Record Storage -- ------------------------------ If you believe you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the original sender of this email and destroy all copies of this communication. Have a look at The Cancer Imaging Archive: http://www.cancerimagingarchive.= net/. On the home page there is a list of data sets. One of the columns i= n the table lists modalities included in each collection. By typing RT in = the search field at the top of the table these 4 data sets have some differ= ent RT data types: Head-Neck Cetuximab Head-Neck 111 CT, PT, RT 4D-Lung Lung 20 CT, RTSTRUCT NRG-1308 (Limited Access) Lung 12 CT...

DICOM tag group names, measurements on DICOM images
Hi. I have the following 2 questions: 1. Where can I find the names or descriptions of DICOM tag groups? For example group 0002 is File Meta Information, 0010 - Patient Information etc. - I know the names of a few of them, but I need them all. In the standard I've only found the names of the tags, but not of the groups and my knowledge about medical imaging is not good enough to get the group names out of the tags which the groups contain. 2. I need to write a program that lets the user select 2 points on a DICOM image and gives him the distance between those two points - what is the formula to calculate that and which tags do I have to use in it? I hope the language I have used to ask those questions is understandable, forgive me if it's not - english is not my first language and also I'm not very experienced when it comes to medical imaging. TIA ledres On Jul 22, 4:19 pm, ledres <lost2m...@opkropka.pl> wrote: > Hi. > I have the following 2 questions: > > 1. Where can I find the names or descriptions of DICOM tag groups? > For example group 0002 is File Meta Information, 0010 - Patient > Information etc. - I know the names of a few of them, but I need them > all. In the standard I've only found the names of the tags, but not of > the groups and my knowledge about medical imaging is not good enough to > get the group names out of the tags which the groups contain. I was also looking ...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types. - Code Signing (Authenticode) Certified with Digital ID signature, for secure distribution - Windows Vista compatible You can download it from our site at: http://www.santesoft.com Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer ...

Chapter 7 of the DICOM Tutorial
Hi All the new chapter of the DICOM tutorial is now online http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2012/01/dicom-queryretrieve-part-i.html ...

Event-driven Dicom SCP
All of the DICOM libraries I have looked at seem to use a thread based approach to serving SCU requests. Each new SCU request spawns a new thread, and all protocol negotiation and data transmission occurs in this new thread. An alternative is the event-driven approach: a single event loop runs and receives callbacks when certain events are triggered: (eg. socket event, file read) and then handles the event: (eg. accept socket, write data to socket). This approach avoids the overhead of thread creation and context switching, and so is much more efficient. Are there any libraries out there that use an event-driven approach? Is the DICOM network protocol suitable for this approach, driven by callbacks? Thanks. On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:05:59 PM UTC+2, Aaron wrote: > All of the DICOM libraries I have looked at seem to use a thread based > > approach to serving SCU requests. Each new SCU request spawns a new thread, > > and all protocol negotiation and data transmission occurs in this new thread. > > > > > > An alternative is the event-driven approach: a single event loop runs and receives callbacks when certain events are triggered: > > > > (eg. socket event, file read) > > > > and then handles the event: > > > > (eg. accept socket, write data to socket). > > > > This approach avoids the overhead of thread creati...

IHE PDI
Does IHE PDI allow non-DICOM content under the directory of DICOM files? IHE PDI specifies that that all DICOM content (other than the DICOMDIR, which is in the root) is under a single directory. At one time, I thought I recalled that no non-DICOM files were allowed under that directory (and we're obeying that). Now, I'm having trouble finding this requirement in the TF? - Was it never there? - Is it there and I'm missing it? Thanks, Dan Dan Konigsbach schrieb: > Does IHE PDI allow non-DICOM content under the directory of DICOM > files? > > IHE...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

Web resources about - dicom to dicom converter - comp.protocols.dicom

DC-to-DC converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DC to DC converters are important in portable electronic devices such as cellular phones and laptop computers , which are supplied with power ...

File Converter Free on the App Store on iTunes
Get File Converter Free on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Freemake Video Converter gains drag and drop support
Freemake Video Converter is a great media conversion tool with a pile of features, and just one small but annoying omission. No drag and drop ...

Amazon deal: Converter turns seven types of film into digital
... old film school projects from back in the day, but you don't have a film projector. The solution is simple: You should get a digital film converter ...

New catalytic converter could fix US cars: VW CEO
Volkswagen will propose to U.S. authorities a new catalytic converter system that could be fitted to about 430,000 cars.

VW wants to fix emissions cheating with catalytic converters
Volkswagen has already promised to recall US vehicles caught up in its emissions cheating scandal, but how is it actually going to fix most of ...

VW hopes catalytic converter can fix cars
German carmaker has devised tool that will make vehicles compliant with US clean air rules

GeekWire Deals: Charge your phone off your one-port MacBook with this little converter
The newest iteration of the MacBook is a glorious thing. It’s thin, light and has a great screen. But its single USB-C port is a bit of a letdown ...

Dos2Unix Text file format converters
Win32-OpenSSH - Win32 port of OpenSSH

VW: Catalytic Converter Fix To Be Proposed To U.S. Authorities
Volkswagen has developed a fix for vehicles affected by its massive emissions scandal in the United States.