Enhanced multi-frame DICOM conversion to single file

Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Greg--

--
Greg M. Silverman
Senior Developer Analyst

On Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:11:21 AM UTC+2, g...@umn.edu wrote:
> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

I have had some success in the past using either gdcmtar (GDCM) and dcuncat (dicom3tools).
0
Mathieu
10/6/2013 3:53:33 PM
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:53:33 AM UTC-5, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:11:21 AM UTC+2, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>
> > Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>

> I have had some success in the past using either gdcmtar (GDCM) and dcuncat (dicom3tools).

Thanks! I was just looking at the GDCM tools last night and not sure which, if any, would work. I guess tar makes sense! I'll give it a whirl.

Greg--
0
gms
10/6/2013 10:13:43 PM
A tool for that is part of dcm4che 3.x:

$ ./emf2sf --help
usage: emf2sf [<options>] <dicom-file>

The emf2sf utility converts a DICOM Enhanced CT, MR or PET Multi-frame
image to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT, MR, PET images.
-
 -f,--frame <no[,..]>       comma separated numbers of frames to convert;
                            convert all frames by default
 -h,--help                  display this help and exit
    --inst-no <format>      specifies instance number in created
                            Single-frame images as printf pattern. First %
                            will be replaced by the instance number of the
                            Enhanced Multi-frame image, second % by the
                            frame number (default: '%s%04d')
    --not-chseries          do not change Series Instance UID in created
                            Single-frame images
    --out-dir <directory>   directory to which extracted frames are stored
                            in DICOM files with file names specified by
                            option --out-file (default: '.')
    --out-file <name>       name of DICOM files of converted legacy DICOM
                            Single-frame images written to the directory
                            specified by out-dir. Zeros will be replaced
                            by the frame number (default:
                            <dicom-file>-000.dcm)
 -V,--version               output version information and exit
Example:
$ emf2sf -f 1,20,120 --out-file ct-000.dcm ct-emf.dcm
Extract frame 1, 20 and 120 from Enhanced CT Multi-frame image ct-emf.dcm
to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT images ct-001.dcm, ct-020.dcm and
ct-120.dcm.
0
Michael
10/7/2013 7:45:08 AM
Thanks!  I looked at the dcm4che2 toolkit, but not the version 3. This helps immensely!

Greg--

On Monday, October 7, 2013 2:45:08 AM UTC-5, Michael Backhaus wrote:
> A tool for that is part of dcm4che 3.x:
>

> $ ./emf2sf --help
>
> usage: emf2sf [<options>] <dicom-file>
>

> The emf2sf utility converts a DICOM Enhanced CT, MR or PET Multi-frame
>
> image to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT, MR, PET images.
>
> -

>  -f,--frame <no[,..]>       comma separated numbers of frames to convert;
>
>                             convert all frames by default
>
>  -h,--help                  display this help and exit
>
>     --inst-no <format>      specifies instance number in created
>
>                             Single-frame images as printf pattern. First %
>
>                             will be replaced by the instance number of the
>
>                             Enhanced Multi-frame image, second % by the
>
>                             frame number (default: '%s%04d')
>
>     --not-chseries          do not change Series Instance UID in created
>
>                             Single-frame images
>
>     --out-dir <directory>   directory to which extracted frames are stored
>
>                             in DICOM files with file names specified by
>
>                             option --out-file (default: '.')
>
>     --out-file <name>       name of DICOM files of converted legacy DICOM
>
>                             Single-frame images written to the directory
>
>                             specified by out-dir. Zeros will be replaced
>
>                             by the frame number (default:
>
>                             <dicom-file>-000.dcm)
>
>  -V,--version               output version information and exit
>
> Example:
>
> $ emf2sf -f 1,20,120 --out-file ct-000.dcm ct-emf.dcm
>
> Extract frame 1, 20 and 120 from Enhanced CT Multi-frame image ct-emf.dcm
>
> to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT images ct-001.dcm, ct-020.dcm and
>
> ct-120.dcm.

0
gms
10/7/2013 7:40:49 PM
Thanks! I looked at the dcm4che2 toolkit, but not version 3. One small problem though, is that I want all the frame in a single DICOM file, not each frame in its own file.

Greg--

On Monday, October 7, 2013 2:45:08 AM UTC-5, Michael Backhaus wrote:
> A tool for that is part of dcm4che 3.x:
>

> $ ./emf2sf --help
>
> usage: emf2sf [<options>] <dicom-file>
>

> The emf2sf utility converts a DICOM Enhanced CT, MR or PET Multi-frame
>
> image to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT, MR, PET images.
>
> -

>  -f,--frame <no[,..]>       comma separated numbers of frames to convert;
>
>                             convert all frames by default
>
>  -h,--help                  display this help and exit
>
>     --inst-no <format>      specifies instance number in created
>
>                             Single-frame images as printf pattern. First %
>
>                             will be replaced by the instance number of the
>
>                             Enhanced Multi-frame image, second % by the
>
>                             frame number (default: '%s%04d')
>
>     --not-chseries          do not change Series Instance UID in created
>
>                             Single-frame images
>
>     --out-dir <directory>   directory to which extracted frames are stored
>
>                             in DICOM files with file names specified by
>
>                             option --out-file (default: '.')
>
>     --out-file <name>       name of DICOM files of converted legacy DICOM
>
>                             Single-frame images written to the directory
>
>                             specified by out-dir. Zeros will be replaced
>
>                             by the frame number (default:
>
>                             <dicom-file>-000.dcm)
>
>  -V,--version               output version information and exit
>
> Example:
>
> $ emf2sf -f 1,20,120 --out-file ct-000.dcm ct-emf.dcm
>
> Extract frame 1, 20 and 120 from Enhanced CT Multi-frame image ct-emf.dcm
>
> to legacy DICOM Single-frame CT images ct-001.dcm, ct-020.dcm and
>
> ct-120.dcm.

0
gms
10/7/2013 7:54:13 PM
I'm wondering if I am asking the wrong question: I need to convert a directory of DICOM files for  CT/MR multi-frame objects into a single file that contains all the multi-frame data.

From the utilities pointed out here, the opposite direction is given.

I assume this is possible?

Thanks!

Greg--

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Greg--
>

> --
>
> Greg M. Silverman
>
> Senior Developer Analyst
>
> Cardiovascular Informatics
>
> University of Minnesota

0
gms
10/7/2013 8:21:21 PM
The dctoraw utility in dicom3tools will do this.

David

On 10/7/13 4:21 PM, gms@umn.edu wrote:
> I'm wondering if I am asking the wrong question: I need to convert a directory of DICOM files for  CT/MR multi-frame objects into a single file that contains all the multi-frame data.
>
>  From the utilities pointed out here, the opposite direction is given.
>
> I assume this is possible?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Greg--
>

> On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>>

>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Greg--
>>

>> --
>>
>> Greg M. Silverman
>>
>> Senior Developer Analyst
>>
>> Cardiovascular Informatics
>>
>> University of Minnesota

0
David
10/8/2013 12:14:07 PM
Hi=20
If I understand your question, you want to create an=20
Enhanced MR/CT Multi-frame image
from a sequence of single image frames in dicom ?

that is more difficult and I didn't find myself an answer.
you can try:

 "dcmulti" from dicom3tools

unfortunately this does not seem to work with my thousand MR images (FMRI G=
E Signa), but it creates a single DICOM file from hundreds images=20

You have to decompress images first.

I think that an utility such that it is very interesting in order to conver=
t old archives in the new enhanced multiframe standard

Paolo

=20
Il giorno luned=EC 7 ottobre 2013 21:54:13 UTC+2, g...@umn.edu ha scritto:
> Thanks! I looked at the dcm4che2 toolkit, but not version 3. One small pr=
oblem though, is that I want all the frame in a single DICOM file, not each=
 frame in its own file.
>=20

0
Marcheschi
10/9/2013 9:24:56 AM
Can you please give an example usage of this? I'm trying to get gdcmtar working (almost there), and it would be good to see how the two compare.

Thanks!

Greg--

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:14:07 AM UTC-5, David Clunie wrote:
> [...]

> >> Senior Developer Analyst
>

> >> Cardiovascular Informatics
>

> >> University of Minnesota

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:14:07 AM UTC-5, David Clunie wrote:
> The dctoraw utility in dicom3tools will do this.
>

> David
>

> On 10/7/13 4:21 PM, gms@umn.edu wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if I am asking the wrong question: I need to convert a directory of DICOM files for  CT/MR multi-frame objects into a single file that contains all the multi-frame data.
>

> >  From the utilities pointed out here, the opposite direction is given.
>

> > I assume this is possible?
>

> > Thanks!
>

> > Greg--
>

> > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>
> >> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

0
horcle_buzz
10/9/2013 5:00:37 PM
Can you please give an example usage of this? I'm trying to get gdcmtar working (almost there), and it would be good to see how the two compare.

Thanks!

Greg--

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:14:07 AM UTC-5, David Clunie wrote:
> The dctoraw utility in dicom3tools will do this.
>

> David
>

> On 10/7/13 4:21 PM, gms@umn.edu wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if I am asking the wrong question: I need to convert a directory of DICOM files for  CT/MR multi-frame objects into a single file that contains all the multi-frame data.
>

> >  From the utilities pointed out here, the opposite direction is given.
>

> > I assume this is possible?
>

> > Thanks!
>

> > Greg--
>

> > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>
> >> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>

> >> Thanks in advance!
>

> >> Greg--
>

> >> --
>

> >> Greg M. Silverman
>

> >> Senior Developer Analyst
>

> >> Cardiovascular Informatics
>

> >> University of Minnesota

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:14:07 AM UTC-5, David Clunie wrote:
> The dctoraw utility in dicom3tools will do this.
>

> David
>

> On 10/7/13 4:21 PM, gms@umn.edu wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if I am asking the wrong question: I need to convert a directory of DICOM files for  CT/MR multi-frame objects into a single file that contains all the multi-frame data.
>

> >  From the utilities pointed out here, the opposite direction is given.
>

> > I assume this is possible?
>

> > Thanks!
>

> > Greg--
>

> > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>
> >> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>

> >> Thanks in advance!
>

> >> Greg--
>

> >> --
>

> >> Greg M. Silverman
>

> >> Senior Developer Analyst
>

> >> Cardiovascular Informatics
>

> >> University of Minnesota

0
horcle_buzz
10/9/2013 6:00:53 PM
@horcle_buzz: were you able to figure this out with dicom3tools?

I am interested in the same task. Going back to the MultiVollumeExplorer mo=
dule of 3D Slicer that I mentioned to you in another post, it would be nice=
 to be able to "harmonize" 4d data of different types and vendors (3d + tim=
e or some other data feature, such as FA, TR or TE) into a single file mult=
iframe DICOM datasets.

If you had any luck (and ideally if you could share some datasets), I would=
 be interested to see what it will take to add support of such datasets int=
o 3D Slicer.

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:00:53 PM UTC-4, horcle_buzz wrote:
> Can you please give an example usage of this? I'm trying to get gdcmtar w=
orking (almost there), and it would be good to see how the two compare.=20
> [...]
>=20
> > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > Greg--
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:11:21 PM UTC-5, g...@umn.edu wrote:
>=20
> >=20
>=20
COM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

0
Andrey
10/28/2013 5:43:15 PM
Hi Andrey,
Yes, dicom3tools works well for this. Assuming mr is a directory with image=
 series files
dcmulti mr/* -verbose -sortby InstanceNumber -ascending >MFIMAGE

I'll see what I can do with getting test data to you.

Thanks!

Greg--

On Monday, October 28, 2013 12:43:15 PM UTC-5, Andrey Fedorov wrote:
> [...]
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

0
horcle_buzz
10/28/2013 7:07:45 PM
Greg, thanks for the reply. Since you say it works, let me just try to coer=
ce some of the data I have into that hyper-multi-frame shape.

On Monday, October 28, 2013 3:07:45 PM UTC-4, horcle_buzz wrote:
> [...]
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
d DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

0
Andrey
10/28/2013 8:20:36 PM
The switch was wrong: only seems to work with a -descending

Greg--

On Monday, October 28, 2013 3:20:36 PM UTC-5, Andrey Fedorov wrote:
> [...]
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:00:53 PM UTC-4, horcle_buzz wrote:
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
mtar working (almost there), and it would be good to see how the two compar=
e.=20
> [...]
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > > > >
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
ced DICOM object to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?

0
horcle_buzz
10/30/2013 3:41:46 PM
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:11:21 PM UTC-7, horcle_buzz wrote:
> Has anyone successfully converted a multi-frame CT or MR enhanced DICOM o=
bject to a single multi-frame file? Thoughts?
>=20
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
>=20
> Greg--
>=20
> --=20
> Greg M. Silverman
> Senior Developer Analyst
> Cardiovascular Informatics=20
> University of Minnesota

I appreciate that this thread may be here for more historical purposes, but=
 I've got a multi-frame DICOM file that I've uncompressed, converted to sin=
gle frames, obtained raw pixel data, resized the images and then converted =
back to individual DICOM files.  I've tried on numerous occasions to then u=
se "dcmulti" to take those single frame files and put them back into one mu=
lti-frame but it's not overly clear how to achieve this, even when reading =
the "man dcmulti".=20

I'm using "dcmulti -v 1-0*_1.dcm > MULTIFRAME.DCM"=20

MULTIFRAME.DCM gets created but is only 982 bytes in size, whereas each of =
the single frame DICOM files (1-001_1.dcm, 1-002_1.dcm) are 1040 bytes each=
..

I know Mr Clunie is clever, but I find it hard to believe that he's just TH=
AT good!!

Any ideas?
0
d4v3m0nk
2/18/2015 11:05:14 PM
On 2/18/15 6:05 PM, d4v3m0nk wrote:

> I appreciate that this thread may be here for more historical purposes,
> but I've got a multi-frame DICOM file that I've uncompressed, converted
> to single frames, obtained raw pixel data, resized the images and then
> converted back to individual DICOM files.  I've tried on numerous
> occasions to then use "dcmulti" to take those single frame files and
>put them back into one multi-frame but it's not overly clear how to
> achieve this, even when reading the "man dcmulti".
>
> I'm using "dcmulti -v 1-0*_1.dcm > MULTIFRAME.DCM"
>
> MULTIFRAME.DCM gets created but is only 982 bytes in size, whereas each
> of the single frame DICOM files (1-001_1.dcm, 1-002_1.dcm) are 1040
> bytes each.

Try the -of flag to specify the output file rather than piping stdout to
a file.

Note that dcmulti is really not a general purpose tool; it was originally
written just to concatenate frames, and then later tweaked for the
specific role of producing the test images for the NEMA MR (and later
CT) enhanced multi-frame project; it expects the input images to be in
precisely the right form to make a valid enhanced MR or CT output file,
and when the original input files were not, I copied them and added or
changed what was necessary to make dcmulti happy. It also spews lots
of warnings and errors that were useful to me but can often be
ignored.

I don't maintain it, so it probably no longer produces completely
valid output for some cases, as we have cleaned up the standard
a bit since those days.

An example of a Makefile for one of the files from that project is
included below, in case it helps (the Makefile.common.mk just
contains paths and nothing of interest).

That said, if you give it valid single frame images as input, it
should produce a multi-frame pixel data output regardless of the
validity of the rest of the attributes, so when you say your input
files are only 1040 bytes long, that doesn't sound right, since
that isn't enough to contain any meaningful pixel data, right?

Are your single frame images valid? What does dciodvfy say about
them?

David

--- start example Makefile ---
include Makefile.common.mk

DISCIMG/IMAGES/BRTUM001:	Makefile.BRTUM001
	mkdir -p ${TMPDIR}
	rm -f ${TMPDIR}/*
	for i in \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/488 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/489 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/490 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/491 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/492 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/493 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/494 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/495 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/496 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/497 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/498 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/499 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/500 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/501 \
                 ${SRCDIR}/braintumordiffusionspectro/502 \
	; do ${DCCP} \
		-stamp ${STAMP} \
		-r PatientName "Brain^RFrontalTumorWSpectro" -r PatientID "MF-0000020" \
		-r PatientSex "M" -r PatientBirthDate "19500704" \
		-r PatientAge "052Y" \
		-r PatientSize "1.6" -r PatientWeight "75" \
		-r StudyID "05020" \
		-r AccessionNumber "9995020" \
		-r StudyDate "${RELEASEDATE}" \
		-r SeriesDate "${RELEASEDATE}" \
		-r ContentDate "${RELEASEDATE}" \
		-r AcquisitionDate "${RELEASEDATE}" \
		-r AcquisitionNumber "1" \
		-r PerformingPhysicianName "Smith^John" \
		-r ReferringPhysicianName "Thomas^Albert" \
		-r NameOfPhysiciansReadingStudy "Smith^John" \
		-r OperatorsName "Jones^Molly" \
		-r InstitutionName "St. Nowhere Hospital" \
		-r Manufacturer "Acme Medical Devices" \
		-r ManufacturerModelName "Super Dooper Scanner" \
		-r DeviceSerialNumber "123456" \
		-r SoftwareVersions "1.00" \
		-r StationName "CONSOLE01" \
		-r BodyPartExamined "BRAIN" \
		-r ImageType "ORIGINAL\\PRIMARY\\T1" \
		-r AcquisitionContrast "T1" \
		-r MagneticFieldStrength "1.5" \
		-r ImagingFrequency "63.8755" \
		-r EchoTrainLength 1 \
		-d ImageComments \
		-d InstanceCreationDate \
		-d InstanceCreationTime \
		-nodisclaimer \
		"$$i" ${TMPDIR}/`basename "$$i"`; \
	done
	${DCMULTI} -of $@ \
		-stamp ${STAMP} \
		-nodisclaimer \
		-removeinstanceuid \
		-sortby ImagePositionPatient \
		-derivedurationfromtiming \
		-r StudyDescription "Brain" \
		-r MultiPlanarExcitation "YES" \
		-r SpecificCharacterSet "ISO_IR 100" \
		-d BodyPartExamined \
		-d PixelPaddingValue \
		${TMPDIR}/*
	rm -f ${TMPDIR}/*
--- end example Makefile ---

0
David

[DICOM Files] Writing multiple frames to single file?
I have a .dcm file containing multiple frames. I use: for i=1 : frameNum f = dicomread(path2dcm, 'frames', i); % downsample f end to downsample each frame. But how do I write all the downsampled frames to a single .dcm file? I have looked at: dicomwrite but it does not seem to support this operation, any ideas? ...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

Multi-frame DICOM Image files
HI I am trying to display a multiframe image of dimension 128 X 128 X 1 X 16 in just one single frame collectivly. 'montage' is putting all the frames in one image but as an array (placing each frame side by side) and not as just one image of 128 X 128. 'imlincomb' is adding all the frames and giving a 128 X 128 image but its of no use as its white and black because of addition. Kindly help.. how to display this multi frame DICOM image in one frame. I already was able to display single frame dicom image. Thank you very much Tanuj <tanujpuri82@gmail.com&...

Software to save multi-frame DICOM file
Hi all, I am currently working on a Matlab program that opens a SPECT study and analyzes it after making some processing. For testing, I would like to create a "synthetic" SPECT that the program can read exactly as if it was a real SPECT. Problem is that I can't find software able to store a multi-frame image as a multi-frame image, all I have tried (basically ImajeJ with Tudor's Dicom Tools and Matlab's Dicomwrite function, but I have found no claims of other sofware saying they can do otherwise) produce one file per frame. Anybody? On Sep 3, 1:18=A0p...

Dicom sngle-file vs. multi-file
Hello, I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. HEADER contains typically patient information and information about the image capturing modality. DATA contain either one or many images. If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained images enlisted in the header? Thanks, -pom- On May 30, 9:40 am, pompair <timona...@gmail.com...

Single frame and Multiframe Dicom files needed with Overay Data tag (60xx_3000)
Hi All, Can anyone share a single frame and Multiframe Dicom file with an Overlay Data tag (60xx_3000) in it. Thanks in advance. Abhijit Satpute ...

how to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File for draw the CAD SR marker on Dicom File
CAD SR File SOP instance UID 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 this CAD SR file contains 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 having CAD SR file with 1)Graphic Data "28880/925" Graphic Type "POINT" 2)Graphic Data "2405/2402" Graphic Type "POINT" 3)Graphic Data "2102/2351" Graphic Type "POINT" I want to get the that CAD SR Marker write it back to my original Dicom File means how to link up the CAD SR Marker from CAD SR file to Dicom file which attribute are required to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File so that i can draw that particular cad sr marker on to the respective dicom file Hi Pritish I see. The problem you are having is probably related to the need to handle SR children by reference rather than by value. See DICOM PS 3.3 C.17.3.2.5. There are examples in PS 3.17 Annex E. The linkage between the SCOORD content item (that contains the Graphic Data attribute) and the image to which it applies is via the IMAGE content item that is a SELECTED FROM child of the SCOORD content item. In the case of Mammo CAD, this may either be by value (the IMAGE content item is nested within the Content Sequence of the SCOORD parent), or by reference, in which case the Referenced Cont...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Extracting frames from DICOM files?
I have a .dcm file that contains 321 frames. I would like to extact a few of these frames and have tried the program: http://barre.nom.fr/medical/dicom2/ http://barre.nom.fr/medical/dicom2/how-to.html#Extract%20frames but it gives the error: dicom2.exe --frame=3 mframe vol2.dcm >> [E] [13:49:17] ULONG sbmDicomDataElementValue::SkipNestedElements( ifbstream& ) const while skipping nested elements! (0xffffffff) >> [E] [13:49:17] ifbstream& sbmDicomDataElementSet::ReadFiltered( ifbstream&, const sbmDic... while getting value of element (7FE0,0010)! (0xffffff...

CT Single file multi frame
Hi all, i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible. I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a single file with all this axial. So i created a dicom file with media storage SOP class UID of CT (1.2.840.100008.5.1.4.1.1.2), i created the tag Number of frames 0028,0008 with the number of my axial and the i created the image group with all the axial the first one is the upper of my series and the last one is the lower. Obviously i created all the tag of CT sop class including Slice thickness 0018,0050. I'd like to know if this file is correct for one...

Is it DICOM standard to store JPIP like DICOM files for Media Storage?
Hi Sir/Madam: This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage. If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present,...

Is the DICOM RT Structure Set a single file?
Hi. Is the DICOM RT Structure Set a single file? Or is a series of files each corresponding to a single CT (or MR) image of a series CT images? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. -Jim jim wilson wrote: > Hi. > > Is the DICOM RT Structure Set a single file? Or is a series of files > each corresponding to a single CT (or MR) image of a series CT images? > > Any help is greatly appreciated. > > Thank you in advance. > > -Jim > Yes it is, I have no reference set at the moment to confirm and outline the detai...

Convert MPEG to DICOM Multi-Frame (MF)
I have Non dicom MPEG file, Below is list of question 1) How I can convert it into dicom MF image? 2) Which dicom tags I need to use while conversion? On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 4:32:33 AM UTC-5, PRITISH wrote: > I have Non dicom MPEG file, Below is list of question=20 > 1) How I can convert it into dicom MF image? > 2) Which dicom tags I need to use while conversion? Why are you trying to do this? Have you considered storing the MPEG as DIC= OM without conversion (DICOM does support MPEG natively). Not all viewers = and archives can handle DICOM encapsulated MPEG (y...

Pulling CT images into a single Dicom file
I am pulling images off a CT machine and receiving each individual slice as a separate transmision or sub-task. What I would like to have is a single Dicom file that has all the slice in it. I read from some post dating back to 1997 and 1998 that this was not possible, but was wondering if anything has changed in the standard in the recent years that would now allow this, and if so, what would be the process or method? Thanks, Evan Hi Evan There are new multi-frame enhanced CT and MR objects defined now, but most of the vendors (on the scanner, workstation and PACS side) ha...

Conversion of Radworks IMG/MET files to dicom for archiving
Does anyone have any experience with this? We can get the Radworks software to send the images to a dicom gateway, but cannot get it to send the annotations that the doctors put on the images. They are stored seperately in the MET file extension whereas the image is a IMG extension. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. You have an old version of RadWorks, Ronnie From version 6.0 onwards the studies are stored locally in DICOM format on the RadWorks system. This is a huge improvement especially for large studies and greatly improves the ability of Ra...

Could Single frames convert to multi-frame?
I learn the structure of the enhanced DICOM, such as enhanced ct, mr. Now, I doubt that could single-frame images be converted to multi- frame according to the structure of enhanced DICOM? And I also doubt the mechanism to generate a enhanced DICOM images as machine? Especially about the way to deal with the header information. ...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (a...

Dicom conversion
Hi, I am looking for converting Dicom files to STL(SterioLithioGraphy) files. Is anyone aware of such tool? Please let me know. It is urgent. thankyou. On Oct 9, 5:04 pm, binukutt...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I am looking for converting Dicom files to STL(SterioLithioGraphy) > files. Is anyone aware of such tool? Please let me know. It is urgent. Is it that urgent ? :-P A quick google search reveals the question was already discussed in the very same newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_thread/thread/d384ef55d60b1bd5 -Mathieu ...

DICOM files
Hi all, Am interested in calculating the Hounsfiled HU from DICOM image. How to do it? Any one pls reply. Thanks. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

Web resources about - Enhanced multi-frame DICOM conversion to single file - comp.protocols.dicom

Multi GPU Technology Analysis - Nvidia SLI and AMD CrossFire Scaling, Frame-Time and Value Comparison ...
We take an indepth look at the multi-GPU technologies by both Nvidia and AMD and test multiple SLI and Crossfire graphic card configurations. ...