Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR

Hi all,

We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It
is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM
image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or
patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media.

Features at a glance:
- Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer
EDU
- It can run from CD/DVD without installation
- It loads automatically DICOMDIR files
- Free of charge and royalty free distribution
- Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.),
all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types.
- Code Signing (Authenticode) Certified with Digital ID signature, for
secure distribution
- Windows Vista compatible

You can download it from our site at:
http://www.santesoft.com

Best regards,
Manos Kanellopoulos
Biomedical Engineer
Software Developer
0
mkanell
5/22/2008 10:21:03 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

Free DICOM Viewer for general use
Hi all, the long awaited new free edition of Sante DICOM Viewer is here. This version is Windows Vista compatible and it contains on-line help. You can download it from our site at http://www.medisoft.gr (from the left-hand menu, choose DICOM Viewer FREE) Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer ...

Free DICOM Viewer for educational use
Hello all, Recently I released a simple DICOM viewer for educational use, after demand of many people. You can download the software (Sante DICOM Viewer EDU) from my site at: http://www.medisoft.gr/ Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer On Feb 8, 9:49=A0am, mkan...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello all, > > Recently I released a simple DICOM viewer for educational use, after > demand of many people. > You can download the software (Sante DICOM Viewer EDU) from my site > at:http://www.medisoft.gr/ > > Best regards, > Manos Kanellopoulos > Biomedical Engineer > Software Developer Hi, Manos. I recently downladed Sante EDU, and was quite favorably impressed with it among the free DICOM viewers. Our company makes ultasound machines, and your applicaiton was able to display them as well as any of the free apps we have tried. It did fail to do some imprtant things, however. Most important, ultrasound multi-image files have time vectors in them for displaying the loops. Your application, like every free application I've encountered, does not use that infromation. So the loops are free- running instead of reflecting the actual times of the sequence. If you want to tweak your app, this would be a big improvement over the other freebies. Your application reads DICOMDIRs and displays the results in a very useful way -- although I haven't figured out any use for the DICOMDIR w...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

free dicom viewer?
I have an MRI taken earlier this year and was given the results on a CD. It comes with GE centricity DICOM viewer 2.2 which is "tested with IE 5.5 and 6.0" -- a bit outdated. When I showed this CD to a doctor recently, he said he wanted to make measurement but couldn't do it in this viewer. Is there a better and free dicom viewer I can repackage with my MRI CD so that (1) it won't pop up a warning that the software is only tested with IE 5.5 and 6 (2) measurements can be made I found a few free dicom viewers on the web. However since I'm no expert in DICOM, it's hard for me to evaluate them. One question: are you sure that your CD contains DICOM files? Internet Explorer probably is used to show an HTML page with some informations and jpeg images. Your Doctor should already be equipped with a diagnostic DICOM viewer able to import DICOM files. And the behavior of the viewer is very strange: I've tested GE Centricity DICOM Viewer 3.0, and it is able to manage measurements. Talking about CD DICOM viewer, only some of them are able to perform measurement. Some freely available (some of them for personal use only) viewers with measurement tools for Microsoft Windows are: - Image Information Systems K-Pacs 1.6.0.3 - Synedra View Personal 1.0.10.0 - RadiAnt Viewer 01.2089 - HUG Osiris 4.19 - REM Merlino Media viewer 3.0 - Millenmed Paxera View 7.0 - SoHard Radin Media Viewer 1.0 All of these viewe...

Free DICOM viewer
Does anybody know a free DICOM viewer, which can be burned to a CD-ROM? The viewer must not need to be installed before using. The viewer should only display a set of images also burned to the CD-ROM. Any ideas? steffen "steffen benndorf" <bort1@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:65572099.0408310013.6513402c@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know a free DICOM viewer, which can be burned to a > CD-ROM? The viewer must not need to be installed before using. The > viewer should only display a set of images also burned to the CD-ROM. hi steffen! ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer
The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image information and not the image header information. All the header details such as patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. There are three queries based on this requirement: 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image buffer and not the header information? 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the DICOM image buffer and not the header? On Jan 16, 8:01 am, vijaya <vijaya.ramanat...@patni.com> wrote: > The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image > information and not the image header information. All the header > details such as > patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the > image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The > DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. > There are three queries based on this requirement: > > 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image > buffer and not the header information? > > 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? > > 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the > DICOM image bu...

Free Windows Picture Viewer style DICOM viewer
Hello Dears Introduce Windows Picture Viewer style DICOM viewer "DICOMViewer". You double click DICOM image at Windows Explorer, DICOMViewer comes up. You can navigate other files by arrow keys. I's very simple, easy to use, compact. And it's freeware. http://www.coreware.co.kr/download.html Only "*.dcm" and "*.dic" file extension is open by DICOMViewer. Enjoy. Kim, Dongsun. ...

New release of the free Makhaon DICOM Dump software has DICOM, DICOS and dicomdir validation tool
Hello DICOM community. We just released our software - Makhaon DICOM Dump. It's free of charge but very useful tool for anybody whose deals with DICOM instances. You can download it here: http://www.makhaon.com/download/software_en/DICOMDump.zip It can, inter alia, verify different DICOM instances: Check for Value Multiplicity (VM). Check for unknown Value Representations (VR). Check for VR conformity to the standard. Check for length of the all strings. Check for correct numbers values. Check for character sets of strings values. Check for UID conformity. Leading zero...

DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). ------------------------ DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS Administrator, maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS Administrator, maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. ...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

Excellent DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com New functions: DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). Go to http://www.dicomtool.com, you will find more valuable things there. ------------------------ DICOM Detectiv...

Free DICOM Toolkit, Viewer and more
Hello Introduce my humble toolkit and applications. You can download and use it freely if there is no commercial purpose. Environment : Window 2000/XP 1. DICOM Toolkit - DICOM Encoding/Decoding - IMAGE Display, Manipulations, Annotations. - SCU/SCP: C-ECHO C-STORE, C-GET, C-MOVE, C-FIND - SCU: N-GET, N-SET, N-CREATE, N-DELETE, N-ACTION - Special DICOMDIR Module - Special DICOM Print Module. - Distributed as MFC DLL. 2. DICOM Viewer - STUDY/SERIES/IMAGE structure UI - DICOM Job: Send, Query/Retrieve, Print, Worklist, Echo - Access 97 DB 3. Worklist Server - This is te...

Free DICOM viewers for Windows
I am looking for something for Windows that is comparable to the 32-bit Osi= riX DICOM viewer. I looked at Gingko CadX, and while it had the ability to query/retrieve aga= inst our PACS, it was unable to play multi-frame images. K-PACS, works, kin= d of, but the code base is so antiquated. Everything else I found, appears = to only be a viewer. I need something that can do Q/R and that plays multi-= frame series images. Any suggestions would be most welcome! Greg-- --=20 Greg M. Silverman Senior Developer Analyst Cardiovascular Informatics=20 University of Minnesota Okay, realizing this was probably not an uncommon question, I searched this= forum and found Mayam, which may fit the bill, since it does Q/R and plays= multi-frame image loops. Also, I've tried Oviyam with our dcm4chee instanc= e, so I may like it. Any feedback on this or other possible viewers would b= e most welcome. Thanks! Greg-- On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:11:54 AM UTC-5, horcle_buzz wrote: > I am looking for something for Windows that is comparable to the 32-bit O= siriX DICOM viewer. >=20 > I looked at Gingko CadX, and while it had the ability to query/retrieve a= gainst our PACS, it was unable to play multi-frame images. K-PACS, works, k= ind of, but the code base is so antiquated. Everything else I found, appear= s to only be a viewer. I need something that can do Q/R and that plays mult= i-frame series images. >=20 >=20 >=20 &...

free dicom viewer #2
hello i am looking for a free dicom viewer which is able to open CD direct or read the information from the dicomdir. beside this the viewer should have a easy to use basic toolbar. i say thank you in advance for suggestions martin Hi Martin, Try to use DicomWorks (dicom.online.fr) or Osiris (available at http://www.sim.hcuge.ch/osiris/01_Osiris_Presentation_EN.htm) I have no opinion which is better, both are useful and free. I hope it will be helpful, Best regards, Maciej Uzytkownik "Martin" <martin.moser@agfa.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:e...

New free dicom viewer.
S.G. Inform�tica Empresarial S.L, anounce the first version of VEO, a new free dicom viewer. You can download it from http://gate.sgie.com and use it for non-comercial use. By now, it is only avalable in Spanish , but in a short time the English and French version will be ready. Thank you. ------------------------------ Jose M� Veneroso Director Tecnico jmvene@sgie.com http://gate.sgie.com ------------------------------- ...

Cardiowarp, more than a free DICOM viewer
Cardiowarp is developed as a part of my PHD study in Glasgow University, Scotland, UK. Commercial cardiac MRI analysis softwares such as Siemens Argus and Leiden Medis are extremely expensive. I believe CardioWarp is a good alternative because: 1. It is free 2. It provides vary features for cardiac MRI analysis, including (a).DICOM image loading (b).Cine Animation (c).Image magnification (d).Image contrast adjustment (e).BITMAP images export (f).AVI video export (g).Section Export and Import (h).Regional LV function Analysis with free LV plug-in (i).Export Analysis res...

Another free DICOM Viewer
I would like to announce DICOM Vista Light the free version of the DICOM Vista viewer. You can download it from: http://www.charrua.com/vista/downen.htm Give it a try and tell me what you think. Best regards, Rafael Sanguinetti Charrua Vista Software ...

advice for free and simple dicom viewer
Which will work on win 2k. We need it only for measuring lesions in CT images. I. You can try K-PACS: www.k-pacs.net Regards, Rafael Sanguinetti You can try my freeware software (FrikoSystem) (only 2MB) at http://frikosystem.net Note that this server is hosted in my house, but I've some hardware problems about my router (I've to change it): for this my server in NOT online 24 hour / day and it is slow. I've NEVER tried the new installer software in a "not developer PC", you can try it for me :-D. If it doesn't work, you can use directly the executable "frikoreader.exe" but in this way you loose the database function and some others features. Inside you can found a little "instruction" text file, but it's only in Italian (you can try google translation but I don't know the quality of translation). Note 1: this software DON'T work with compressed dicom images (for example jpeg). Note 2: this software is only for ms windows platform (sorry for it): I'm developing it in W2k, it works in XP but I don't know Vista compatibility. Note 3: Please send me a mail feedback if you have problems, error, etc. Note 4: you have to register in my site (only name, surname, email and country), only for statistical purpose. Note 5: In Friko System package you can found the frikoserver software. It's a Dicom-storage (receive) software. It has some problems with A...

Web resources about - Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR - comp.protocols.dicom

Event Viewer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... event logs. It supports logging events, querying events, subscribing to events, archiving event logs, and managing event metadata. Event Viewer ...

Picture This: Facebook Upgrades Photo Viewer
Facebook introduced two more upgrades to its photo viewer. First, the social network said the photo viewer will now display photos in the highest ...

Iron Man benefits from Super Bowl blackout as viewers turned to Facebook after commercial aired
... a call to action to see an extended trailer on the movie’s Facebook page. Perhaps because of the game delay from the power outage, viewers were ...

Sun Viewer (@SunViewer) on Twitter

America's Got Talent viewers vote via Twitter - Twitter Blog
... wins the ratings battle for the night.... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp America's Got Talent viewers ...

Scripting News: RSS Viewer app.
I got tired of fighting with Chrome and Safari over whether I'm allowed to read RSS files. http://smallpicture.com/rssViewer.html Just enter ...

Fast and Lean PDF Viewer for iPhone / iPad / iOs - tips and hints?
Generally PDF viewers are pretty heavy on memory too. Even monitor the memory usage of apple's zoomable PDF example. In my current project, ...

App Store - ReaddleDocs (documents/attachments viewer and file manager)
Get ReaddleDocs (documents/attachments viewer and file manager) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
Coca-Cola could easily equip just about everyone in the country with a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer if the above experiment turns into ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone