How to send patient info to medical device

Hi,

I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
medical device and send to this device information about patient
(name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?
I know that application 'Rislink Server' can do this, but I need to
write my own app.

This simple device is a Cawo Digidcam, used to digitally print patient
data on X-Rays.

I will be very grateful for help or any suggestions.
0
Mike
3/20/2010 9:26:55 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4742 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hello Mike,

Mike P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
> medical device and send to this device information about patient
> (name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?

The Service you are probably looking for is Basic Modality Worklist
Management, as described in DICOM Part 4 (PS3.4-2009 Annex K).

Please search the newsgroup for (numerous) toolkits available to use in
C#, as the basic DICOM communication is a bit cumbersome to implement
and I think you will appreciate quick results ;o)

Hope this helps,

Peter
0
Peter
3/22/2010 8:59:45 AM
Thanks Peter for reply. Now I'am trying to write something using DVTk
or mDCM but it's stiil hard for me. Maybe someone know how to do this
using DVTk or mDCM (I suppose that it's some lines of code).

Mike

0
Mike