How to send patient info to medical device

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
medical device and send to this device information about patient
(name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?
I know that application 'Rislink Server' can do this, but I need to
write my own app.

This simple device is a Cawo Digidcam, used to digitally print patient
data on X-Rays.

I will be very grateful for help or any suggestions.
0
Reply Mike 3/20/2010 9:26:55 PM

See related articles to this posting

Hello Mike,

Mike P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
> medical device and send to this device information about patient
> (name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?

The Service you are probably looking for is Basic Modality Worklist
Management, as described in DICOM Part 4 (PS3.4-2009 Annex K).

Please search the newsgroup for (numerous) toolkits available to use in
C#, as the basic DICOM communication is a bit cumbersome to implement
and I think you will appreciate quick results ;o)

Hope this helps,

Peter
0
Reply Peter 3/22/2010 8:59:45 AM

Thanks Peter for reply. Now I'am trying to write something using DVTk
or mDCM but it's stiil hard for me. Maybe someone know how to do this
using DVTk or mDCM (I suppose that it's some lines of code).

Mike

0
Reply Mike 3/24/2010 10:39:35 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4281 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Medical devices lag in iPod age / Patients' safety is at risk, experts say
Medical devices lag in iPod age Patients' safety is at risk, experts say By Carolyn Y. Johnson, Globe Staff | December 29, 2008 The Boston Globe A 32-year-old woman was on the operating table for routine gall bladder surgery, and doctors needed a quick X-ray. To keep her chest still while the image was shot, her ventilator was switched off. But the anesthesiologist, distracted by another problem, forgot to turn the breathing machine back on. The woman died. The case is an extreme example of the kind of error that could be prevented if medical devices were designed ...

RESOUR> [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS AND PATIENT ISSUES : LITERACY: Health Literacy: Patient Understanding of Medical Regimens
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:02:46 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS AND PATIENT ISSUES : LITERACY: Health Literacy: Patient Understanding of Medical Regimens ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:33:37 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS A...

Which Class's device is 'Ultrasound Device'(used for medical diagnostics)?
Hi all, To which class does the Ultrasound Devices used for medical diagnostics belong to?..Although It is mentioned in the HID usage Table document of usb.org, does it not fit more under Audio Class as it outputs audio(ultrasound)? How is the output data going to be? PCM or otherwise? Please direct me in right direction if i'm wrong. Regards, Sanjay I'm talking w.r.t USB. :) Depends on what app interface do you want for this driver. It can be a custom class, for instance. Audio class is a good idea if you want to use DirectShow for it, = which I can ...

Which Class's device is 'Ultrasound Device'(used for medical diagnostics)?
Hi all, To which class does the Ultrasound Devices used for medical diagnostics belong to?..Although It is mentioned in the HID usage Table document of usb.org, does it not fit more under Audio Class as it outputs audio(ultrasound)? How is the output data going to be? PCM or otherwise? Please direct me in right direction if i'm wrong. Regards, Sanjay I'm talking w.r.t USB. :) Depends on what app interface do you want for this driver. It can be a custom class, for instance. Audio class is a good idea if you want to use DirectShow for it, = which I can ...

send info to other user
Hi, Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some similar language? Thanks, Daniel Dan wrote: > Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same > page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some > similar language? Probably. Please specify. PointedEars Dan said: > >Hi, > >Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same >page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some >similar language? ...

SCSI info for a device
Is there any tool which can list everything SCSI related that a specified device supports? Including implemented SCSI commands. -- .-. .-. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely (_ \ / _) ceremonial. | | dave@fly.srk.fer.hr ...

usb device info
Hello,i'am new in this forum&nbsp;and i hope that anyone ca help me.I am developing a test station for a usb sound device.My problem is that i must detect if the usb sound device isconnectet to the pc, that i can start with the measurement procedure (measure different voltages&nbsp;,record and playback wav. files) . Is there a possibility to detect if the usb sound device is&nbsp;connected ? win api functions ?? labview vi�s ?? &nbsp; thanks Maxx hello there you can use directx to get the list of all sound devices (see attachment) best regards chris GetSoundDevices (DX8...

Ada in medical devices
From this link: "FDA: Software Failures Responsible for 24% Of All Medical Device Recalls" https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/fda-software-failures-responsible-24-all-medical-device-recalls-062012 (FDA = United States Food and Drug Administration) From the article: "Some defects were basic violations of software coding practices while others were new defects that were introduced during correction of the previous defects." and: "The statement is the clearest indication to date that FDA is shifting focus to make software quality an area of interest. ...

Send info to cellphone
Hello everybody. I'm writting an application in Access 2002. It'a a appointment manager. I had been chllenged add the possibilitie (beyond print, email and fax) to send a message to a cell phone, beeper or palm. Believe me, i need to know. Thanks for your help. On Apr 10, 9:17=A0am, CenturionX <darwinbaldr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everybody. > > I'm writting an application in Access 2002. =A0It'a a appointment > manager. > > I had been chllenged add the possibilitie (beyond print, email and > fax) to send a message to a cell phone, beeper or...