How to send patient info to medical device

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
medical device and send to this device information about patient
(name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?
I know that application 'Rislink Server' can do this, but I need to
write my own app.

This simple device is a Cawo Digidcam, used to digitally print patient
data on X-Rays.

I will be very grateful for help or any suggestions.
0
Reply Mike 3/20/2010 9:26:55 PM

See related articles to this posting

Hello Mike,

Mike P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to write a simple application in c# which will communicate with
> medical device and send to this device information about patient
> (name,age,id,etc). How to do this with DICOM ?

The Service you are probably looking for is Basic Modality Worklist
Management, as described in DICOM Part 4 (PS3.4-2009 Annex K).

Please search the newsgroup for (numerous) toolkits available to use in
C#, as the basic DICOM communication is a bit cumbersome to implement
and I think you will appreciate quick results ;o)

Hope this helps,

Peter
0
Reply Peter 3/22/2010 8:59:45 AM

Thanks Peter for reply. Now I'am trying to write something using DVTk
or mDCM but it's stiil hard for me. Maybe someone know how to do this
using DVTk or mDCM (I suppose that it's some lines of code).

Mike

0
Reply Mike 3/24/2010 10:39:35 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4358 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Medical devices lag in iPod age / Patients' safety is at risk, experts say
Medical devices lag in iPod age Patients' safety is at risk, experts say By Carolyn Y. Johnson, Globe Staff | December 29, 2008 The Boston Globe A 32-year-old woman was on the operating table for routine gall bladder surgery, and doctors needed a quick X-ray. To keep her chest still while the image was shot, her ventilator was switched off. But the anesthesiologist, distracted by another problem, forgot to turn the breathing machine back on. The woman died. The case is an extreme example of the kind of error that could be prevented if medical devices were designed ...

RESOUR> [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS AND PATIENT ISSUES : LITERACY: Health Literacy: Patient Understanding of Medical Regimens
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:02:46 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS AND PATIENT ISSUES : LITERACY: Health Literacy: Patient Understanding of Medical Regimens ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:33:37 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] MEDICAL: PATIENTS A...

Which Class's device is 'Ultrasound Device'(used for medical diagnostics)?
Hi all, To which class does the Ultrasound Devices used for medical diagnostics belong to?..Although It is mentioned in the HID usage Table document of usb.org, does it not fit more under Audio Class as it outputs audio(ultrasound)? How is the output data going to be? PCM or otherwise? Please direct me in right direction if i'm wrong. Regards, Sanjay I'm talking w.r.t USB. :) Depends on what app interface do you want for this driver. It can be a custom class, for instance. Audio class is a good idea if you want to use DirectShow for it, = which I can ...

Which Class's device is 'Ultrasound Device'(used for medical diagnostics)?
Hi all, To which class does the Ultrasound Devices used for medical diagnostics belong to?..Although It is mentioned in the HID usage Table document of usb.org, does it not fit more under Audio Class as it outputs audio(ultrasound)? How is the output data going to be? PCM or otherwise? Please direct me in right direction if i'm wrong. Regards, Sanjay I'm talking w.r.t USB. :) Depends on what app interface do you want for this driver. It can be a custom class, for instance. Audio class is a good idea if you want to use DirectShow for it, = which I can ...

send info to other user
Hi, Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some similar language? Thanks, Daniel Dan wrote: > Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same > page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some > similar language? Probably. Please specify. PointedEars Dan said: > >Hi, > >Is there any way to send information to another user viewing the same >page that you are on a different computer using javascript or some >similar language? ...

Can you send me some info
I am looking for information about courses SA-200-S10 and SA-202-S10. Thans for your contact. Mariusz Antonik email: mantonik at gmail dot com skype mariusz_antonik On Oct 10, 4:53=A0pm, Mariusz Antonik <manto...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for information about courses SA-200-S10 and SA-202-S10. > Thans for your contact. > > Mariusz Antonik > > email: mantonik at gmail dot com > skype mariusz_antonik I post in wring place sorry Mariusz Antonik wrote: > I am looking for information about courses SA-200-S10 and SA-202-S10. > Thans for your contact. >...

sending info to forms
Hey all How can i send (post) info from a perl script (not a cgi script) to an html form. I did this along time ago! But i can not for the life of me figure out how i did it =) I know i used either LWP or URI, but hmmmm. Can anyone give me a snippet? Thanks hi "roach" <joey01@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > Hey all > > How can i send (post) info from a perl script (not a cgi script) to an html > form. > > I did this along time ago! But i can not for the life of me figure out how i > did it =) > > I know i used either LWP or URI, but h...

SCSI info for a device
Is there any tool which can list everything SCSI related that a specified device supports? Including implemented SCSI commands. -- .-. .-. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely (_ \ / _) ceremonial. | | dave@fly.srk.fer.hr ...

usb device info
Hello,i'am new in this forum&nbsp;and i hope that anyone ca help me.I am developing a test station for a usb sound device.My problem is that i must detect if the usb sound device isconnectet to the pc, that i can start with the measurement procedure (measure different voltages&nbsp;,record and playback wav. files) . Is there a possibility to detect if the usb sound device is&nbsp;connected ? win api functions ?? labview vi�s ?? &nbsp; thanks Maxx hello there you can use directx to get the list of all sound devices (see attachment) best regards chris GetSoundDevices (DX8...

Ada in medical devices
From this link: "FDA: Software Failures Responsible for 24% Of All Medical Device Recalls" https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/fda-software-failures-responsible-24-all-medical-device-recalls-062012 (FDA = United States Food and Drug Administration) From the article: "Some defects were basic violations of software coding practices while others were new defects that were introduced during correction of the previous defects." and: "The statement is the clearest indication to date that FDA is shifting focus to make software quality an area of interest. ...

Send info to cellphone
Hello everybody. I'm writting an application in Access 2002. It'a a appointment manager. I had been chllenged add the possibilitie (beyond print, email and fax) to send a message to a cell phone, beeper or palm. Believe me, i need to know. Thanks for your help. On Apr 10, 9:17=A0am, CenturionX <darwinbaldr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everybody. > > I'm writting an application in Access 2002. =A0It'a a appointment > manager. > > I had been chllenged add the possibilitie (beyond print, email and > fax) to send a message to a cell phone, beeper or...

Sending info to fax
I have a Canon MP780. Can I enter my cover letter information from the keyboard? How can I view my cover letter info? ...

how to send RTS with Device-SerialPort
see title... help me! In article <1a47ed41-3462-4697-88b3-02677b053df3@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Zooble <hwpi31@gmail.com> wrote: > see title... help me! <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> -- Jim Gibson On Dec 9, 10:22=A0am, Jim Gibson <jimsgib...@gmail.com> wrote: > In article > <1a47ed41-3462-4697-88b3-02677b053...@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, > > Zooble <hwp...@gmail.com> wrote: > > see title... help me! > > <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> > > -- > Jim Gibson Fu...

Send same message to different device
Here is my case: &nbsp; In my program ,there are two PS3,I want to control the two equiments do the same thing.eg.I want to get the IL(Insertion Loss)/PDL at the same time. Can I&nbsp;config the two PS3 different address and send the same VISA command.I try to do this ,but failed. Any suggestion? I say,does the time is less than send the command one by one,and how about the speed to read the display? eg.If the two PS3 display diferent values, how can I get the different value at the same time. &nbsp; If this make sense ,I'll save a lot of time. ...

INFO : sg3_utils for sending CDBs
hello: while testing SCSI devices, it is always necessary to send SCSI CDBs. sg3_utils are excellent for sending CDBs. you can either use Cygwin or MingW on Windows. of course, someone else may find another way. sg3_utils http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html http://linux.die.net/man/8/sg3_utils http://lwn.net/Articles/234424/ anyway, this is only a command line utility. some excellent GUI tools are available. this free one from busTRACE i found the best. Storage Device Viewer http://www.bustrace.com/products/storinfo.htm of course, none that i know allow sending of invalid CDBs to generat...

Send single command to a device
I want to send a single command to a device about the com1-port. I made a case-structure with a visa-write vi in the true case. In the false case is another command. But if I start the vi with a binary switch, the vi send continously data to the com port. How can I inhibit this? I need only one execution of the vi in both cases. Are you definitely starting the VI with the "Run" button rather than "Run Continuously"? If that's not the problem, you'd be best off posting your VI here before we all start making assumptions about any looping structures you might be usi...

Visual C++ in a medical device?
Greetings. I'm working on a software validation for OTS (off the shelf) software used in a medical software product. One of the ways to make this validaion easier is to show that it has already been successfully used in an existing medical device. I'm asking if anybody knows of a deployed medical device (in the United States) which uses MS Visual C++ (6.0) as the compiler for at least part of the code in the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, james wucher [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. Fir...

Info about ieee1394 devices needed
Hello! I have a system with 5 IEEE 1394 controllers on it. (P IV, debian 2.6.8 kernel) One to three hard disk drives connected to these controllers. How can I determine the following things: - which devices are connected to which controller? - what is their name (/dev/sd[...])? The information I need is: HDD [Size] <---> CONTROLLER [pci bus0-4] <---> DEVNAME /dev/sd[...] All I had achieved so far was infos in /proc/diskstats... Thanx JayJay jayjay wrote: > Hello! > > I have a system with 5 IEEE 1394 controllers on it. > (P IV, debian 2.6.8 kernel) > One to t...

Visual C++ in a medical device?
Greetings. I'm working on a software validation for OTS (off the shelf) software used in a medical software product. One of the ways to make this validaion easier is to show that it has already been successfully used in an existing medical device. I'm asking if anybody knows of a deployed medical device (in the United States) which uses MS Visual C++ (6.0) as the compiler for at least part of the code in the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, james wucher james@nonlinearideas.com (James Wucher) wrote in message news:<be1e3179.0411160835.5bdb2ea4@posting.goo...

need info about cdrom device
I am trying to find below charecteristics of a device on aix 1. Device Physical Name 2. Device Logical Name 3. Device Type 4. File-System on which device is mounted (specifically for cdrom device . ) Can somebody help me with the right command to do the same ? Hi, lsdev and lscfg (both commands without any option) will give you a list of physical devices attached to the system, you will have a good understanding if you have a look on it. Then you can use lscfg -vpl <device_name> for configuration details and lsattr -El <device_name> for the attibutes details of the device. furt...

Bluetooth advices (for medical device)
Hello, I'm planning to use Bluetooth in a medical device I'm developing. The device is already based on a MCU (STM32) and is powered by mains. The device will provide only the File Transfer profile sevice: it will act only as a server providing one or more files that a client can download (no modifications or upload on the server possible). I would like a bluetooth solution (single-chip preferred) which can be available for minimum 5 years and in a cost target not higher than 40USD for 100 units. Can you give me some advices? My actual choice would be the LMX9838 from National Sem...

Visual C++ in a medical device?
Greetings. I'm working on a software validation for OTS (off the shelf) software used in a medical software product. One of the ways to make this validaion easier is to show that it has already been successfully used in an existing medical device. I'm asking if anybody knows of a deployed medical device (in the United States) which uses MS Visual C++ (6.0) as the compiler for at least part of the code in the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, james wucher James Wucher wrote: > Greetings. I'm working on a software validation for OTS (off the > shelf)...

Sending email with embedded device
I am looking for some help with development of a consumer product. One aspect of the project requires the embedded device to send and receive an email using an internal dial-up modem. Emails sent and received will contain jpeg images. Can anyone recommend a good starting point for micro or chipset tailored for such an application. Thanks On 6 feb, 02:36, rush <rushi...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for some help with development of a consumer product. One > aspect of the project requires the embedded device to send and receive > an email using an internal dial-up modem. &g...

Visual C++ in a medical device?
Greetings. I'm working on a software validation for OTS (off the shelf) software used in a medical software product. One of the ways to make this validaion easier is to show that it has already been successfully used in an existing medical device. I'm asking if anybody knows of a deployed medical device (in the United States) which uses MS Visual C++ (6.0) as the compiler for at least part of the code in the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, james wucher In article <be1e3179.0411160834.70634fff@posting.google.com> james@nonlinearideas.com (J...