I need an activeX or toolkit for program Dicom viewer in vb.net

Hi,
I need an activeX or toolkit for program Dicom viewer in vb.net with
operations like zoom, rotate, flip, constrast, brightnes, convert jpg
file to dcm and vice versa.
Can you help me :-((?

Thanks in advance.
0
blensm
10/31/2003 12:42:02 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

    There are a handfull of dicom toolkits that will work for you. You can
find links to many toolkits on David Clunie's website:
http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part8.html
Just off the top of my head, one toolkit that may be of interest to you is
Dicom Objects by Medical Connections: http://www.medicalconnections.co.uk

Good Luck,
Josh Coleman
"blensm" <blensm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need an activeX or toolkit for program Dicom viewer in vb.net with
> operations like zoom, rotate, flip, constrast, brightnes, convert jpg
> file to dcm and vice versa.
> Can you help me :-((?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Josh

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. Go to http://www.dicomtool.com to see more detail. If you have any questions, please ask me, thank you. Best Regards, http://www.dicomtool.com ...

DICOM toolkits for VB?
Hi all... I see a lot of stuff in Java and C++ but nothing for VB... Does anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Gabi. ______________________________________________________ www.gabtone.com - Your International Source For Vintage Sound Our C# SDK is CLR compliant and is often used in VB applcations http://www.MyDICOM.net/ "Gabster" <gabster_roSPAMNONO@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2vko2mF2915kfU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi all... > > I see a lot of stuff in Java and C++ but nothing for VB... Does anyone > have > a suggestion? > > Many thanks, > Gabi. > ______________________________________________________ > www.gabtone.com - Your International Source For Vintage Sound > > Thanks Tony, but the link is broken... gabi. "tony" <tonysiko@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pGald.18963$Rf1.14742@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com... > Our C# SDK is CLR compliant and is often used in VB applcations > http://www.MyDICOM.net/ > > "Gabster" <gabster_roSPAMNONO@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:2vko2mF2915kfU1@uni-berlin.de... > > Hi all... > > > > I see a lot of stuff in Java and C++ but nothing for VB... Does anyone > > have > > a suggestion? > > > > Many thanks, > > Gabi. > > ______________________________________________________ > > www.gabtone.com - Your Internati...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. ...

Free DICOM Toolkit, Viewer and more
Hello Introduce my humble toolkit and applications. You can download and use it freely if there is no commercial purpose. Environment : Window 2000/XP 1. DICOM Toolkit - DICOM Encoding/Decoding - IMAGE Display, Manipulations, Annotations. - SCU/SCP: C-ECHO C-STORE, C-GET, C-MOVE, C-FIND - SCU: N-GET, N-SET, N-CREATE, N-DELETE, N-ACTION - Special DICOMDIR Module - Special DICOM Print Module. - Distributed as MFC DLL. 2. DICOM Viewer - STUDY/SERIES/IMAGE structure UI - DICOM Job: Send, Query/Retrieve, Print, Worklist, Echo - Access 97 DB 3. Worklist Server - This is test worklist server for modality service engineer or anyone. - Access 97 DB Go to "Download" menu of following site. http://www.coreware.co.kr * Toolkit manual is under translation, I'm sorry. I will upload asap. Enjoy it. Dongsun Kim "Kim, Dongsun" <codegear@coreware.co.kr> wrote in message news:cf97ab$1rf$1@news1.kornet.net... > 3. Worklist Server > - This is test worklist server for modality service engineer or anyone. > - Access 97 DB I have been looking for a usable DICOM worklist server for testing purposes for a while now. Your offering certainly appears easy to use in creating worklist items, but how do I point my application to it. I can not find a facility for entering AE title, IP address & Port number. Can you help? Ian Dear I'm very sorry. I forgot to mention that in my homepage. The...

Opensource DICOM toolkit in .NET
Hello, I have been using dcmtk for a while in C++ however am looking for open- source DICOM toolkit in .NET. Any suggestions? I also came to know about about ClearCanvas - Could users share about their experiences? How good is ClearCanvas for comunication (MPPS, Q/ R, Store) & SR support? Additionally, do you have experience porting dcmtk to .net using managed C++? Did you face any problems? Your comments are highly appreciated, thank you, Sri On Dec 23, 7:07=A0am, Sri <sridharr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have been using dcmtk for a while in C++ however am looking for open- > source DICOM toolkit in .NET. Any suggestions? > > I also came to know about about ClearCanvas - Could users share about > their experiences? How good is ClearCanvas for comunication (MPPS, Q/ > R, Store) & SR support? > > Additionally, do you have experience porting dcmtk to .net using > managed C++? Did you face any problems? Your comments are highly > appreciated, thank you, > > Sri Hello; dcmtk one of the best library for dicom. I had created managed wrapper some time back for dcmtk using swig http://www.swig.org/ and it works very well. There are also other open source library purely in .Net. mDCM - https://github.com/rcd/mdcm Regards Mahesh Hi Mahesh, Thanks for your points, Looks like ClearCanvas tool uses mDCM lib internally, have you tried using mDCM? Could you sh...

Testing DICOM datasets for RT DICOM types needed
Looking for sample testing DICOM datasets for RT: Urgent need is for: Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Others are: SOP UID SOP name 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.2 Radiation Therapy Dose Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.3 Radiation Therapy Structure Set Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.4 Radiation Therapy Beams Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 Radiation Therapy Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.6 Radiation Therapy Brachy Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.7 Radiation Therapy Treatment Summary Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.8 Radiation Therapy Ion Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.9 Radiation Therapy Ion Beams Treatment Record Storage -- ------------------------------ If you believe you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the original sender of this email and destroy all copies of this communication. Have a look at The Cancer Imaging Archive: http://www.cancerimagingarchive.= net/. On the home page there is a list of data sets. One of the columns i= n the table lists modalities included in each collection. By typing RT in = the search field at the top of the table these 4 data sets have some differ= ent RT data types: Head-Neck Cetuximab Head-Neck 111 CT, PT, RT 4D-Lung Lung 20 CT, RTSTRUCT NRG-1308 (Limited Access) Lung 12 CT...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types. - Code Signing (Authenticode) Certified with Digital ID signature, for secure distribution - Windows Vista compatible You can download it from our site at: http://www.santesoft.com Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer ...

DICOM library for C# or VB.NET
Hi, I am looking for a free library to manipulate DICOM images in C# or VB.NET. I have check out DCMTK for VC++ but are hoping to be able to use C# or VB.NET. Anyone? Best regards P�l Eilertsen Their are no free C# SDKs that I am aware of. We offer a pure C# DICOM.NET SDK but it is not for free. please visit our web site for more details. http://www.MyDICOM.net/ "P?l" <palei@stud.ntnu.no> wrote in message news:2057ee25.0406210533.1558766a@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a free library to manipulate DICOM images in C# or > VB.NET. I have check out DCMTK for VC++ but are hoping to be able to > use C# or VB.NET. > > Anyone? > > Best regards > P�l Eilertsen > Take look at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dicom-cs/ This is a free DICOM C# library Best Regards, Rafael Sanguinetti Charrua Vista Software "Tony" <someone@home.com> wrote in message news:<ltHCc.3732$Pm.758@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>... > Their are no free C# SDKs that I am aware of. > We offer a pure C# DICOM.NET SDK but it is not for free. > please visit our web site for more details. > http://www.MyDICOM.net/ > > > "P?l" <palei@stud.ntnu.no> wrote in message > news:2057ee25.0406210533.1558766a@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > I am looking for a free library to manipulate DICOM images in C# or > >...

Reading and updating DICOM documents in VB.NET application
Hi, I am in the process of writing VB.NET application which will require reading, updating, loading, storing DICOM documents. I was wondering if some of you might have done it. Could you please share the information about the above mentioned DICOM features ( reading, updating, loading, storing dicom documents) Thanks, Waheed Haider WHaider@idph.state.ia.us WHaider@idph.state.ia.us wrote: > Hi, > > I am in the process of writing VB.NET application which will require > reading, updating, loading, storing DICOM > documents. I was wondering if some of you might have done it. Could > you please share the information about > the above mentioned DICOM features ( reading, updating, loading, > storing dicom documents) > > Thanks, > > Waheed Haider > > WHaider@idph.state.ia.us Being VB.Net, you should be able to seemlessly include a C# library. Please check the FAQ for several C# implementations. I include just a few here (no particular order): MyDICOM : http://www.mydicom.com : commercial mDCM : http://code.google.com/p/mdcm : open-source Reliable: http://www.reliable-med.com/ : commercial <Others - Check the FAQ> You should be able to find examples and the appropriate mailing lists for just about any DICOM toolkit. Just about any library is going to include reading, updating, and loading documents. Some (most?) will include network operations. YMMV On Apr 25, 9:59 p...

dicom viewer
hi, Im in search of dicom viewer source code for my university project.I want them without any ocx.Im searching for it in c/c++/vc++.I also want to know more about the dicom standards.Thanx in advance. sudharsan. ...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (actually fairly easy) then try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/ -Kelly Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. Hello Rajesh; If you are willing to consider a commercial toolkit, you should take a look at the DICOM Connectivity Framework (DCF) at http://laurelbridge.com/products/ Regards, Bronson Hokuf Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

DICOM Programming
Hello, As discussed in a previous thread, I went ahead and made a little forum/portal for programming DICOM applications, in my spare time. The URL is http://www.dicomprogramming.com/ As you can see it's still drastically in its infancy. Please help contribute! Hope this will help all of us - or at least someone :-) -Lint This is great! I hope it lives up to its potential. I'll put up a few vb.net routines when I get a chance. Tom Lint Radley wrote: > Hello, > > As discussed in a previous thread, I went ahead and made a little > forum/portal for programming DICOM applications, in my spare time. > > The URL is http://www.dicomprogramming.com/ > > As you can see it's still drastically in its infancy. Please help > contribute! > > Hope this will help all of us - or at least someone :-) > > -Lint Thanks Tom! I am planning on adding links, etc, that I know of. Any one who has suggestions, please feel free to post them. TDwyer wrote: > This is great! I hope it lives up to its potential. I'll put up a few > vb.net routines when I get a chance. > Tom > > Lint Radley wrote: >> Hello, >> >> As discussed in a previous thread, I went ahead and made a little >> forum/portal for programming DICOM applications, in my spare time. >> >> The URL is http://www.dicomprogramming.com/ >> >> As you can see it'...

DICOM viewer
i have some problems with the dicomreader, provided by the image processing toolbox of matlab release 13 service pack 1: info = dicominfo(filename); [image,map] = dicomread(info); montage(image,map); everything works fine, except the image does not appear correctly. i see only some portion of the whole image and there are several vertical stripes in the image. my image is in dicom 3.0 format, Width: 768 height: 573 Bitdepth: 8 colortype: truecolor numberofstages: 1 numberofviewsinstages: 20 can there be something wrong with the decompression ? the images i deal with are ultrasound measure...

DICOM toolkit
JDCM v1.3 Released! Provides a implementation of DICOM in pure Java(TM) Class Library API. + DICOM part 10 file support + DICOM network support:StoreSCU,StoreSCP + DICOM network support: Query/Retrieve SCU/SCP +Network DICOM proxy for filtering and security +Implements secure DICOM SSL network transmission +Converts DICOM file to XML and XML to DICOM file +Encoding/decoding RLE and Deflated syntax transfer +Encoding/decoding JPEG Lossy, Lossless, JPEG2000 +Implements DICOM reader/writer plug-ins for use with the ImageI/O Framework. http://www.geocities.com/gigiobb ...

Dicom toolkit
Hello, JDCM Provides a implementation of DICOM standard in a FREE pure Java class Library Simple to Use, It includes software for: +DICOM network support. +DICOM part 10 file support. +StoreSCP and StoreSCU: Dicom sender and receiver based in JDCM toolkit. +FindSCU and MoveSCU: Dicom query retrieve based in JDCM toolkit. +DCMProxy: Simple DICOM proxy for log and security. http://www.geocities.com/gigiobb/index.html ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Is VB Net easier to program with than VB 6?
After programming in Visual Basic 6 I am thinking of moving up to Visual Basic NET. I'm told that there are many built-in functions that can help the programmer. Is VB Net easier to use than VB 6? Is it easier to write a program in VB Net than VB6? Is VB NET closer to C++ or are there still major differences? Hoping for a reply Regards Brian "Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message <news:2u298016k8grvsbmeh8duj6s970v1bd6j5@4ax.com>... > After programming in Visual Basic 6 I am thinking of moving up to > Visual Basic NET. I'm told that there are many built-in functions that > can help the programmer. Too bad they keep getting broken from one release to the next. > Is VB Net easier to use than VB 6? No. VB.NOT's architect, Anders Hejlsberg, utterly despises VB. > Is it easier to write a program in VB Net than VB6? No. Anders "VB Killer" Hejlsberg has a raging case of Java envy. > Is VB NET closer to C++ or are there still major differences? No. Even "Managed" C++.NET isn't all that close to Standard C++. > Hoping for a reply I don't think you'll like this one much... -- Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com> Auditine Addict <http://www.xenu.net/> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above They're coming to because my cats have apparently learned to type. take me away, ha ha! On 2004-04-20, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com&...

VB 6.0 ActiveX and VB.Net
Hi all, I am trying to put a Vb6.0 activeX control into a VB.net project. The Vb6.0 activeX control works fine in a VB6.0 app. But the problem comes when I close down the Vb.net app. I get the"Application error... memory cannot be written/read". On the other hand, I will not get this error if I only start up the vb.net app and close it without doing anything with the activeX control. The vb.net app has only one form, and the activeX control is at the start up from. I already remove all codes that are in the ActiveX event (Initialize, Resize, Terminate etc ..) Is there a way to fin...

Free Windows Picture Viewer style DICOM viewer
Hello Dears Introduce Windows Picture Viewer style DICOM viewer "DICOMViewer". You double click DICOM image at Windows Explorer, DICOMViewer comes up. You can navigate other files by arrow keys. I's very simple, easy to use, compact. And it's freeware. http://www.coreware.co.kr/download.html Only "*.dcm" and "*.dic" file extension is open by DICOMViewer. Enjoy. Kim, Dongsun. ...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

Web resources about - I need an activeX or toolkit for program Dicom viewer in vb.net - comp.protocols.dicom

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

IE8 to boost ActiveX security on Vista
ActiveX has long been regarded as a gaping hole through which spyware and …

Internet Explorer gets more secure will start blocking outdated ActiveX controls
... the computers of friends and family. Today, Microsoft announces that Internet Explorer is getting more secure by blocking outdated ActiveX controls. ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including PlayReady PC Runtime v1.3 (x64), PDF OCX, and PDF Maker DLL

Microsoft probing ActiveX attacks targeting Access feature
Vulnerability in ActiveX control for feature in Microsoft Access is being used for targeted but limited attacks, Microsoft says.

Microsoft nixes ActiveX add-on technology in new Edge browser
Microsoft's new Edge browser will discard two of the oldest browser technologies found in the aged Internet Explorer and replace them with add-ons ...

More issues with the Video ActiveX Control flaw workaround
The simple registry update to disable the buggy Video ActiveX Control is not as simple as it first appears.

Google's Native Client almost 'ready for takeoff,' ready to make ActiveX look visionary
We're almost there, almost to the release of the Native Client we first got wind of last May. It is, basically, a way to run native code within ...