information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report

Hello,

Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ??
i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens).
But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her
focntion ?
 i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ?

and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM
structured report ?   DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0
or not ?

i know , lot of question :P... sorry..

Thanks

0
lordglub
10/20/2008 6:22:29 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ??
> i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens).
> But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her
> focntion ?
> =A0i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ?
>
> and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM
> structured report ? =A0 DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0
> or not ?
>
> i know , lot of question :P... sorry..
>
> Thanks

Hi,

Please go through this site and you will find lots of presentation on
Structured Reporting.

I think it will help you

regards
Nagaraj
0
mygururaghavendra

Dicom structured reports
Hi All, I am looking for general radiology report template. I've found some special= ized templates like Echocardiography Procedure Reports - http://www.dabsof= t.ch/dicom/17/N/ . But I can't find standard template for general radiolog= y reports - does it exists? Any suggestions what guidelines should I follow= to implement this? Nowadays many reports are done in word/pages and similar software and saved= as a PDF (sometimes encapsulated to dicom to be able to store it in pacs).= But DSR is supposed replace this approach, right? So there should be some= standard how to do that. Thank you very much for your opinions and hints! > I am looking for general radiology report template. I've found some = > specialized templates like Echocardiography Procedure Reports - = > http://www.dabsoft.ch/dicom/17/N/ . But I can't find standard templat= e = > for general radiology reports - does it exists? Any suggestions what = > guidelines should I follow to implement this? What about looking into part 16 of the DICOM standard? There is a Basic Diagnostic Imaging Report Template (TID 2000), which is probably what you are searching for. Regards, J=C3=B6rg Riesmeier On 5/14/12 4:41 AM, Jarda Kotěšovec wrote: > Hi All, > > I am looking for general radiology report template. I've found some specialized templates like Echocardiography Procedure Reports - http://www.dabsoft.ch/dicom/17/N/ . ...

dicom structured reporting
hi. i am currently writing an application that allows users to view dicom structrued reports in the html format. i am using dmctk-3.5.3 to convert the .dcm files to .html. i am having a problem handling how to link to the image associated with the structured report. dcmtk links the image using the dicom SOPInstanceUID of the image. For example, the link it creates is as follows: http://localhost/dicom.cgi?image=1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2+2.16.840.1.113662.2.1.12345.19950126.112629.1900 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 is the SOPClassUID of the image and 2.16.840.1.113662.2.1.12345.199...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

DICOM Structured Reporting Viewer
Hi all, I am currently writing a medical imaging application with Visual Studio .NET (written in Java and C#). I need to be able to display some basic reports with the application that show: -Images -Bar graphs -Scatter plots and have basic report handling abilities: -Print to a windows printer -Page through the reports In previous applications I used Crystal Reports but I found lots of problems with it. I would like to use DICOM Structured Reporting for this application but I need a viewer that I can integrate with the application. Does anyone have a suggestion...

3D ultrasound structured report(DICOM)
is there any samples of 3D ultrasound structured report(DICOM) thanks in advance. The specification was released only last year ...

DICOM Dose Structured Reports for Fluoroscopy
Is anyone aware of a place where I can find a few examples of DICOM Dose Structured Reports for Fluoroscopy exams on the internet. I would need at least the SR but the entire study would be helpful. Thank you. There are some older GE fluoro RDSRs at: ftp://medical.nema.org/MEDICAL/Dicom/DataSets/WG02/RDSR/ There are some issues with the units (e.g., "Gym2" not "Gy.m2"), which was an error in the standard that was fixed in some relatively recent CP, but they are a starting point. I will remind DICOM WG 2 folks they should put some more up there. David ...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Adding tables in DICOM Structured Report (SR)
Hi, Is there any way to add tabular data to SR. If yes, then please forward the idea/link/source. If no, well.. perhaps a discussion is needed. By the way, this has come to my mind while working on a reporting module for non-image based tests, far away from DICOM but still SR seems the best. Bye This subject has come up before (about two years ago) and discussed in WG8 (SR) and WG6. It may be time to revisit this once there is a compelling use case. -Doug "thelinker" <thelinker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1106631360.397616.51530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups...

3D ultrasound structured report(DICOM) #2
is there any samples of 3D ultrasound structured report(DICOM) thanks in advance. The specification was released only last year In fact, there is no "3D ultrasound structured report". What was adopted last year was Supplement 43, which standardized 3D ultrasound *images*. There has been no work yet on adapting the ultrasound SR templates (TID 5000 OB-GYN, TID 5100 Vascular, and TID 5200 Echocardiography) to incorporate direct 3D volumetric measurements or references to volumetric regions of interest in the new 3D image object. Harry Solomon On Sep 14, 6:05=A0am, sajathibr <sajath...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there any samples of 3D ultrasound structured report(DICOM) thanks > in advance. The specification =A0was released only last year ok . dicom samples of that "standardized 3D ultrasound images". available. thanks. Ok . dicom samples of that "standardized 3D ultrasound images". available any where .?? thanks. sd ...

DICOM Structured Reporting book back in print
Hi Thought it is a bit old and out of date, I still get requests for hard copies of this book that I wrote back in 2000. Anyway, I have made it available again via the print-on-demand service from CreateSpace. You will also be able to order it on Amazon soon. See "http://www.pixelmed.com/srbook.html". Note that the content is NOT updated; this is still the original first edition content from 2000, just a re-printing. I don't have any current plans to do an update and a second edition. David ...

DICOM SR for Supp66 Catheterization Lab Structured Reports
Is anyone aware of movement on the the adoption of Catheterization Lab Structured Reports Supplemental 66? It appears that it was last drafted in 2003 and has been dormant since then. Hello kabloom, the overview (at http://www.dclunie.com/dicom-status/status.html#SupplementsByNumber) says it's in the Standard since 2004: Supp 66 Parts 3,4,6,16 Catheterization Lab SR SOP Classes Standard 2003 PDFDOC After a supplement is incorporated in the Standard, it is no longer maintained as Supplement Document, but is an integral part of the Standard Documents. In PS3.4-2008 Table B.5-1 "STANDARD SOP CLASSES", you may find the Procedure Log SOP Class UID 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.88.40 - so you may find the objects and definitions in the Standard Documents since 2004. I hope this helps. Cheers, Peter ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

connecting Radiation dose structured report (RDSR) and image DICOM data
Having a RDSR for CT or XA modalities I want to update parameters for each = listed acquisition (phase or scene) with parameters obtained from correspon= ding image series (e.g. pitch factor or number of rows, columns) that are n= ot present in the RDSR. What is the best key for connecting RDSR and image data? Series numbers are= not present in RDSR. Also, start acquisition times do not match (at least = in Siemens XA). What is the recommended way? Using some "unique" acquisitio= n parameters such as DAP and mAs (for XA)? =20 Thank you for answer, Filip =20 Hi Filip ...

Regarding: "DICOM Structured Reporting
Hi, My personal DICOM guru, David Clunie, points out many advantages of using DICOM-SR as universal report format. It is true, that in a complicated study it is useful format and also, f.e. in USG it can be generated semiautomatic. I've recently read very interesting thread http://groups.google.com/group/alt.image.medical/browse_thread/thread/df26ddccfa7eb917?tvc=2&q=SR# I'm writing dicom viewer in a small company. As for now, our software was able to store reports as rtf documents (relationship with images was stored in database) or as a pdf embedded into dicom. As I stated before, I'm very influenced by David Clunie's ideas and his point of view and I see many disadvantages of our previous attitude. Regarding thread "DICOM Structured Reporting - What's it good for?", our viewer is supposed to be a universal dicom viewer, and we don't want to focus on any particular type of study. We would also like to provide as simple as possible method to write a basic report. We don't want to enforce physician to fill complex forms. How do you think, what form should BasicTextSr document have to be as simple as possible and also, to still be a valid and reasonable structured report? What can be done to give physician ability to write text in non English character set and still leave other vendor's viewers opportunity to present such report correctly ( f.e. in countries having nonlatin characters such as Jap...

DICOM OB-GYN Structured Reports with Multiple Estimated Fetal Weights
I had actually posted this question already to the DICOM WG12 Work Group mailing list, but perhaps the e-mail address I used is no longer used as I have not yet received any response. So here is my question again: An issue has been reported to me by our ultrasound reporting group regarding the way EFW values are now being exported in OB-GYN Structured Reports. In the past, ultrasound systems always seemed to be setup to just export a single Estimated Fetal Weight value over the serial port, using the formula chosen by a site. Now we are finding that DICOM OB- GYN Structured Reports from many vendors are sending out multiple Estimated Fetal Weights in a single OB-GYN SR SOP Instance and there does not appear to be any indication of which value was actually displayed on the ultrasound system. Our users expect a single EFW value to be displayed on the ultrasounds and that this value will then be the one displayed in our reporting package as well. Even if a site chooses a specific EFW method to use and we then only pick the value calculated with this method from the Structured Reports, I am told that this value is sometimes different from what is displayed on the ultrasound. What convention are ultrasound vendors using regarding this issue? Is this just an indication that the ultrasounds have not been properly configured with the preferred EFW calculation method? Or are some ultrasounds being 'hard-coded' to use some default EFW method for the...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer
The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image information and not the image header information. All the header details such as patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. There are three queries based on this requirement: 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image buffer and not the header information? 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the DICOM image buffer and not the header? On Jan 16, 8:01 am, vijaya <vijaya.ramanat...@patni.com> wrote: > The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image > information and not the image header information. All the header > details such as > patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the > image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The > DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. > There are three queries based on this requirement: > > 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image > buffer and not the header information? > > 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? > > 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the > DICOM image bu...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

Reporting Physician DICOM Tag
HI all I just want to know the DICOM Tag of Reporting Physician can some one help me an this....... On 7/27/14 11:51 PM, satheesh.chanti@gmail.com wrote: > I just want to know the DICOM Tag of Reporting Physician In theory, in images, that would be Name of Physician(s) Reading Study (0008,1060). See PS3.3 C.7.2.1.1.1. However, it isn't populated that often, since when images are created, it may not be known who will read it. In report objects encoded as SRs, it would be the PNAME value of the content item (121008, DCM, "Person Observer Name"). See PS3.16 TID ...

DICOM report file and XMP
We use an image database that is able to read DICOM metadata as XMP. We get images and report files from some medical imaging systems. The images do not contain XMP-tagged metadata, the report files are standard Dicom format. We would like to extract metadata from the Dicom file that corresponds with an image, and keep the Dicom file with the image. Any idea how we could achieve that? ...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

Web resources about - information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report - comp.protocols.dicom

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Baird government labelled 'secret state' as information increasingly blocked
NSW ministers have shut the door to freedom of information requests, granting access to only a third of applicants, half the rate of the previous ...

Sudanese family plea for information about boy injured in Girrawheen after party
The family of a South Sudanese teenager critically injured after a house party in Perth's northern suburbs on Friday night has made an impassioned ...

Cardinal George Pell hits back at 'incorrect information' on royal commission appearance after Tim Minchin ...
Cardinal George Pell hits back at criticism of his inability to return to Australia to appear in person before the child sex abuse royal commission. ...

South Carolina providing misleading information about voter ID law
South Carolina’s voter id law is not “strict” compared to similar laws in other states, as it requests but does not require a photo ID for citizens ...

$10,000 reward offered for information about 13 dead bald eagles on Eastern Shore
Federal wildlife authorities and a group of nonprofit organizations are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to a conviction ...

Baidu's browser leaks sensitive information
... and some of which have been installed hundreds of millions of times, contain the same flaws, and are sending back the same detailed information, ...

Exclusive: Rightside employee tax information stolen in data breach
... Rightside (Nasdaq: NAME) was the target of a “highly sophisticated phishing scam,” resulting in the theft of employees' personal information, ...

Apple needs to provide more information on its secret data centre in the middle of an Irish forest
A government-funded planning body in Ireland wants Apple to provide a lot more information about its proposed Irish data centre, according to ...