Is it DICOM standard to store JPIP like DICOM files for Media Storage?

Hi Sir/Madam:

This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel
data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file.

Is this about JPIP?  I read some information on Part 5  of the 2008
DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the
2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information

Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer
Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard).

It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage.

If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present, but I don't
see Element (0028,7FE0) Pixel Data Provider URL in the DICOM header
file, but Data Element (7FE0,0010) Pixel Data is not present.

Thanks in Advanced.

Wayne Tran

0
enyaw_2010
5/5/2008 5:33:14 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hi Wayne

JPIP is not for media storage.

This is not valid DICOM media.

David

enyaw_2010@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Sir/Madam:
>
> This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel
> data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file.
>
> Is this about JPIP?  I read some information on Part 5  of the 2008
> DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the
> 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information
>

> Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer
> Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard).
>
> It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage.
>
> If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present, but I don't
> see Element (0028,7FE0) Pixel Data Provider URL in the DICOM header
> file, but Data Element (7FE0,0010) Pixel Data is not present.
>
> Thanks in Advanced.
>
> Wayne Tran

0
David