New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)

We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data
element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and
Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at
http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe

You can try this version even the previous version expired.
The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it
for free without limit.

Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version.
Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com.

DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software
tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen,
programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM
networks.

Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM
servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online
immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication
offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite.

DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the
detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with
DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is.
Go to http://www.dicomtool.com to see more detail.

If you have any questions, please ask me, thank you.

Best Regards,

http://www.dicomtool.com

0
service
2/12/2007 2:16:47 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

how to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File for draw the CAD SR marker on Dicom File
CAD SR File SOP instance UID 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 this CAD SR file contains 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 having CAD SR file with 1)Graphic Data "28880/925" Graphic Type "POINT" 2)Graphic Data "2405/2402" Graphic Type "POINT" 3)Graphic Data "2102/2351" Graphic Type "POINT" I want to get the that CAD SR Marker write it back to my original Dicom File means how to link up the CAD SR Marker from CAD SR file to Dicom file which attribute are required to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File so that i can draw that particular cad sr marker on to the respective dicom file Hi Pritish I see. The problem you are having is probably related to the need to handle SR children by reference rather than by value. See DICOM PS 3.3 C.17.3.2.5. There are examples in PS 3.17 Annex E. The linkage between the SCOORD content item (that contains the Graphic Data attribute) and the image to which it applies is via the IMAGE content item that is a SELECTED FROM child of the SCOORD content item. In the case of Mammo CAD, this may either be by value (the IMAGE content item is nested within the Content Sequence of the SCOORD parent), or by reference, in which case the Referenced Cont...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). ------------------------ DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS Administrator, maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS Administrator, maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. ...

Excellent DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com New functions: DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). Go to http://www.dicomtool.com, you will find more valuable things there. ------------------------ DICOM Detectiv...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

newest DICOM Troubleshooting Tool-DICOM Detective download available
newest DICOM Troubleshooting Tool-DICOM Detective download available DICOM Tool released the newest version of DICOM Detective, free download available at http://www.dicomtool.com. Ask service@dicomtool.com for product ID. it includes following features: Find DICOM files under a directory (User can specify any combination of criteria. Range matching is supported) 2008 DICOM Dictionary. Export DVT script. Export Merge DPM User Info. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Western Europe language support. Auto Encoding according to the special character set. Verify DICOM Tag, VR, VM and Value length according DICOM Standard. Show packet number and time for PDUs and service elements. View image and structure report by a single click. Save the dataset as a DICOM file. Error column to display errors. Drag a capture file or DICOM file from windows explorer and drop to DICOM Detective to open the file. Continue the simulation without waiting. Show binary detail for PDUs. Display general information in content column for folded nodes. Search elements and values. Open capture file from Merge toolkit. View image embedded in sequence element. Support invalid VR OX and XS. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists and other people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can ana...

Is it DICOM standard to store JPIP like DICOM files for Media Storage?
Hi Sir/Madam: This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). It seems JPIP is not for Media Storage. If it is for JPIP, Element (0028,7FE0) should be present, but I don't see Element (0028,7FE0) Pixel Data Provider URL in the DICOM header file, but Data Element (7FE0,0010) Pixel Data is not present. Thanks in Advanced. Wayne Tran Hi Wayne JPIP is not for media storage. This is not valid DICOM media. David enyaw_2010@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Sir/Madam: > > This is the first time I see medical images storing on a CD with pixel > data on a separate file *.pj2 and DICOM header on another file. > > Is this about JPIP? I read some information on Part 5 of the 2008 > DICOM standard 8.4.1 JPIP REFERENCED PIXEL DATA and part 10 of the > 2008 DICOM standard page 21 - Table 7.1-1DICOM File Meta Information > > > Transfer Syntax UID (0002,0010) - JPIP Referenced Pixel Data Transfer > Syntaxes are not used. (See PS 3.5 of the DICOM Standard). > > It seems JPIP is not...

New release of the free Makhaon DICOM Dump software has DICOM, DICOS and dicomdir validation tool
Hello DICOM community. We just released our software - Makhaon DICOM Dump. It's free of charge but very useful tool for anybody whose deals with DICOM instances. You can download it here: http://www.makhaon.com/download/software_en/DICOMDump.zip It can, inter alia, verify different DICOM instances: Check for Value Multiplicity (VM). Check for unknown Value Representations (VR). Check for VR conformity to the standard. Check for length of the all strings. Check for correct numbers values. Check for character sets of strings values. Check for UID conformity. Leading zero...

DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor released
DICOM Tool Inc. released DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker 1.10 and PACS Health Monitor 1.01. Please use the installer at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe for 30-day full functional trial, it is latest DICOM Detective Enterprise with DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor. Please use "EVALUATION" as product key, if any problem, please contact service@dicomtool.com. The tools are tested and used in their daily work by: Siemens AG Medical Solutions MED IKM IQ CCC Connectivity Competence Center Ha...

DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor released
DICOM Tool Inc. released DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker 1.10 and PACS Health Monitor 1.01. Please use the installer at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe for 30-day full functional trial, it is latest DICOM Detective Enterprise with DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor. Please use "EVALUATION" as product key, if any problem, please contact service@dicomtool.com. The tools are tested and used in their daily work by: Siemens AG Medical Solutions MED IKM IQ CCC Connectivity Competence Cente...

DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor released
DICOM Tool Inc. released DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker 1.10 and PACS Health Monitor 1.01. Please use the installer at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe for 30-day full functional trial, it is latest DICOM Detective Enterprise with DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor. Please use "EVALUATION" as product key, if any problem, please contact service@dicomtool.com. The tools are tested and used in their daily work by: Siemens AG Medical Solutions MED IKM IQ CCC Connectivity Competence Center Hartmannstr. 16 91052 Erlangen, Germany If you are our DICOM Detective (Base) commercial/non-commercial user, you could update to the latest version 1.15 for free. Please contact us. If you want to upgrade to DICOM Detective Enterprise, please also contact us for detail. The most powerful DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00 is now released with following new features (additional features to DICOM Detective (Base)). ..Supports WinPcap packets Capture, analyzes data while capturing (Dynamic Analyze). ..Support remote capture of WinPcap. ..Support Gateway Capture for devices that cannot install capturing software. ..Dynamic dump DICOM info to text file while DICOM transferring. ..Dynamic gathering data transmission rate, patient transmission rate, study transmission rate, series transmission rate, image transmission rate and frame transmission rate et...

DICOM files
Hi all, Am interested in calculating the Hounsfiled HU from DICOM image. How to do it? Any one pls reply. Thanks. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types. - Code Signing (Authenticode) Certified with Digital ID signature, for secure distribution - Windows Vista compatible You can download it from our site at: http://www.santesoft.com Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Dicom sngle-file vs. multi-file
Hello, I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. HEADER contains typically patient information and information about the image capturing modality. DATA contain either one or many images. If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained images enlisted in the header? Thanks, -pom- On May 30, 9:40 am, pompair <timona...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm jsut verifying that I'm understood correctly, please correct if > this is not right (and please also signal if the following is true...) > > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA. > > HEADER contains typically patient information and information about > the image capturing modality. > > DATA contain either one or many images. > > If above is true, then could someone explain how DICOM format > encapsulates multiple images in one DICOM packet? Are the contained > images enlisted in the header? See PS 3.5 - 2008, section 8.2 NATIVE OR ENCAPSULATED FORMAT ENCODING and section A.4 TRANSFER SYNTAXES FOR ENCAPSULATION OF ENCODED PIXEL DATA for an example. HTH -Mathieu Hello Pompair, pompair wrote: > Hello, [...] > DICOM image contains elementarily HEADER and DATA...

What DICOM elements should I modify in a new DICOM dataset derived from an existing one?
I have an application that reads DICOM data containing MRI scans, performs some calculations, and generates a new dataset based on the input. I need to write these output dataset to disk, and would like to generate correct DICOM files. I am able to create files that can be loaded by several DICOM viewers, but am trying to figure out the 'correct' way to propagate (and modify) the header information from the original input. So here are my specific questions: ) is it correct to copy all the elements from the input, and change the small set needed to make the new series unique? ) what is the minimal set of elements that need to be changed to indicate that this new series is distinct from the input series? ) how should I convey the fact that the new dataset is derived from the input series? ) should the SeriesInstanceUID value be different for the input and output? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide - Rick Hoge On Feb 11, 11:05 pm, r.h...@umontreal.ca wrote: > I have an application that reads DICOM data containing MRI scans, > performs some calculations, and generates a new dataset based on the > input. I need to write these output dataset to disk, and would like > to generate correct DICOM files. I am able to create files that can > be loaded by several DICOM viewers, but am trying to figure out the > 'correct' way to propagate (and modify) the header information from > ...

[DICOM Files] Writing multiple frames to single file?
I have a .dcm file containing multiple frames. I use: for i=1 : frameNum f = dicomread(path2dcm, 'frames', i); % downsample f end to downsample each frame. But how do I write all the downsampled frames to a single .dcm file? I have looked at: dicomwrite but it does not seem to support this operation, any ideas? ...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Web resources about - New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer) - comp.protocols.dicom

Detective - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A detective is an investigator, usually a member of a law enforcement agency . Some are private persons, and may be known as private investigators ...

Detectives Ask for Public’s Help Locating 7,000 Wii Game Consoles Stolen
SeaTac- Over 7,000 Wii game consoles were stolen from a distributing warehouse in SeaTac in the last 24 hours and detectives are asking for the ...

Search Twitter - Jeff Davis 8 and true detective
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Jeff Bradley @ JBsHouse91 2d The inspiration behind ' True Detective ' except these cases are still unsolved... ...

Nick Chase: A Detective Story HD Lite for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Nick Chase: A Detective Story HD Lite on the App Store. Download Nick ...

Major crime detectives spearhead search at Salt Creek after backpacker attack - AdelaideNow Search Search ...
MAJOR Crime detectives spearheaded a search near the scene of a shocking attack upon two backpackers near Salt Creek on the Coorong.

Homicide detectives investigate killing of Prasad Somawansa in Hoppers Crossing
A murder investigation is under way after a woman's body was found in a home in Melbourne's outer south-west. Homicide Squad Detective Senior ...

Detectives piece together fatal caravan fire
AUTHORITIES are checking emergency call records to help piece together the timeframe surrounding a caravan fire in Brisbane’s southwest that ...

7-Eleven appoints former detective for wage fraud inquiry
Scandal-plagued convenience chain 7-Eleven has appointed a former police officer to investigate criminal activity and fraud inside its Australian ...

Homicide detectives investigate killing of Prasad Somawansa in Hoppers Crossing
A murder investigation is under way after a woman's body was found in a home in Melbourne's outer south-west.

Detectives charge Fremantle man with murder of Langford woman Rachel Anne Michael
Fremantle man charged with murdering 38-year-old woman whose body was discovered in her Langford home in October. Emma Young Detectives have ...