New release of the free Makhaon DICOM Dump software has DICOM, DICOS and dicomdir validation tool

Hello DICOM community.

We just released our software - Makhaon DICOM Dump. It's free of charge but very useful tool for anybody whose deals with DICOM instances.

You can download it here:

http://www.makhaon.com/download/software_en/DICOMDump.zip

It can, inter alia, verify different DICOM instances:

Check for Value Multiplicity (VM).
Check for unknown Value Representations (VR).
Check for VR conformity to the standard.
Check for length of the all strings.
Check for correct numbers values.
Check for character sets of strings values.
Check for UID conformity. Leading zeros and other.
Check for padding value availability and conformity to VRs.
Check for therms in the tags with help of a dictionary.
Check for same UIDs in the 0002,0002 and 0008,0016; 0002,0003 and 0008,0018.
Check for dicomdir: linked files existence, referential integrity, correct names of the files.
Some additional checks for SQ tags integrity.

Results of the check are shown in user friendly tag coloring manner.

Other features:

Can browse directory structure
Support analyzing, editing and viewing DICOM files
Support coloring every element of a tag - Group Number, Element Number, Length, Start At, each element of multiplicity values
Support all standard tags (under standard DICOM 2014c) and their VR (Value Representation)
Correctly parse tags with VM (Value Multiplicity)
Can add, change, delete any tag
Can add, delete sequence element
Can show and change a file preamble
Support tag designer
Support file anonymization
Can create a log while parse DICOM file
Can find some errors in the file
Can sort tags
Can search information into a file
Can expand SQ tags after load
Support hex view of file
Support store DICOM tags tree into a text file
Support save pixel data as a binary or bitmap file
Support copy pixel data to a clipboard
Support viewing loaded file or its first frame
Support display of corner overlays, orientation labels, back and bottom rulers
Can show general file info

You can send us buggy DICOM/dicomdir files, we can add some additional checks. At this moment we can not check tags availability because of hard of parse standard, and very hard to formalized them.
0
Dmitry
3/18/2015 3:12:11 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

p.s. tool works without installation and could be started simply from flash.
0
Dmitry
3/18/2015 3:19:46 PM
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 4:12:13 PM UTC+1, Dmitry Belkevich wrote:
> Hello DICOM community.
>
> We just released our software - Makhaon DICOM Dump. It's free of charge but very useful tool for anybody whose deals with DICOM instances.
>
> You can download it here:
>
> http://www.makhaon.com/download/software_en/DICOMDump.zip

Hi Dmitry,

Since you seems to be reading English well, let me remind you what the license for GDCM is:

/*=========================================================================

  Program: GDCM (Grassroots DICOM). A DICOM library

Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Mathieu Malaterre
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 CREATIS
(CREATIS = Centre de Recherche et d'Applications en Traitement de l'Image)
All rights reserved.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
   this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
   this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
   and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

 * Neither name of Mathieu Malaterre, or CREATIS, nor the names of any
   contributors (CNRS, INSERM, UCB, Universite Lyon I), may be used to
   endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific
   prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS''
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

=========================================================================*/

An online version can be found at:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/Copyright.html

As required by the license, please update your software and indicate that your are redistributing GDCM binaries.

Regards.
0
Mathieu
3/18/2015 4:10:08 PM
Thank you for reminder, and sorry for our forgetfulness. We just update the Makhaon DICOM Dump and re-upload it. If anybody has any questions about tests of the DICOM files - feel free to contact us or ask your qeustions here.
0
Dmitry

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). ------------------------ DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS Administrator...

Excellent DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com New functions: DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). Go to http://www.dicomtool.com, you will find more valuable things there. ------------------------ DICOM Detectiv...

New Version of DICOM Validation Tool (DVT) released!
Hi All, After a major re-architecture and improvements a new version of DVT is finally released (called DVTk 2.1). At this moment DVTk makes his first steps in the open source community. We created a website (www.dvtk.org) from which you can download the latest version, discuss DVT issues, share scripts and much more. Soon we completely go to SourceForge and the latest versions of DVT will be completely available via www.dvtk.org and the SourceForge site including all the Source Code on a LGPL license form. By putting the DVT code on open source and by creating a DVTk web platfo...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

New (and free) DICOM Compare tool
Bonjour to all, Each time I release a new version of my conversion software, I first run it through an in-house "DICOM Compare" to compare the conversion results of the new version to the results of the previous version. I use an automated batch to compare the results for about 300 different files representing a number of different format and known bugs. Last weekend, I wanted to relax and take my mind away from the new version of my programs, so instead I re-wrote my "DICOM_Compare" tool (I know, I know... It's still programming, but hey! I guess I'm...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NE...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

newest DICOM Troubleshooting Tool-DICOM Detective download available
newest DICOM Troubleshooting Tool-DICOM Detective download available DICOM Tool released the newest version of DICOM Detective, free download available at http://www.dicomtool.com. Ask service@dicomtool.com for product ID. it includes following features: Find DICOM files under a directory (User can specify any combination of criteria. Range matching is supported) 2008 DICOM Dictionary. Export DVT script. Export Merge DPM User Info. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Western Europe language support. Auto Encoding according to the special character set. Verify DICOM Tag, VR, VM and Value...

Free DICOM Software
Hi Group, I have compiled two DICOM applications for Windows. - DicmDump: Displays the raw content of a DICOM file - DicmDirExplorer: A browser for DICOMDIR files You can find and download them from my homepage at http://www.wissmueller.net Maybe these apps will be useful for some of you. Greetings, Tobi ...

new DICOM software
Dear All, I am pleased to announce the release of VR-Render software. VR-Render is a medical image viewer. It is an interactive system for volume visualization which enables practitioners to quickly explore and analyze 3D medical or scientific data on a standard PC (Windows, Linux, MacosX). This software uses fast OpenGL graphics and is able to load a set of special images stored in DICOM format (uncompressed and JPEG,) for medical review. Visualization tools include orthogonal MIP, volume rendering and multiple colormaps (automated conventional colormap and dedicated digestive surg...

What DICOM elements should I modify in a new DICOM dataset derived from an existing one?
I have an application that reads DICOM data containing MRI scans, performs some calculations, and generates a new dataset based on the input. I need to write these output dataset to disk, and would like to generate correct DICOM files. I am able to create files that can be loaded by several DICOM viewers, but am trying to figure out the 'correct' way to propagate (and modify) the header information from the original input. So here are my specific questions: ) is it correct to copy all the elements from the input, and change the small set needed to make the new series u...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Web resources about - New release of the free Makhaon DICOM Dump software has DICOM, DICOS and dicomdir validation tool - comp.protocols.dicom

Validation (drug manufacture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the pharmaceutical , medical device , food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...