PixelMed test public DICOM server

Hi

I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.

For now, it is at:

   IP:   184.73.255.26
   port: 11112
   AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB

You can C-STORE stuff to it, and you can C-FIND, as well as C-GET
and C-MOVE.

Using C-MOVE, it won't be configured with your IP and port for the
move destination AET, but it will assume the IP from which you
are sending the request, and will try a couple of different common
ports including the official ones like 104 and 11112, a bit like
what Dave Harvey's Medical Connections public server does.

If this proves useful enough to people, I may add a proper DNS
address for it and leave it up permanently.

Remember that everyone can see whatever you send it, so be sure
not to include any PHI.

Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).

David
0
David
9/3/2012 9:48:40 PM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Thanks David! Does it support storage commitment requests (push model)?

On Monday, September 3, 2012 5:48:42 PM UTC-4, David Clunie wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
>
> test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
>

> For now, it is at:
>

>    IP:   184.73.255.26
>
>    port: 11112
>
>    AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB
>

> You can C-STORE stuff to it, and you can C-FIND, as well as C-GET
>
> and C-MOVE.
>

> Using C-MOVE, it won't be configured with your IP and port for the
>
> move destination AET, but it will assume the IP from which you
>
> are sending the request, and will try a couple of different common
>
> ports including the official ones like 104 and 11112, a bit like
>
> what Dave Harvey's Medical Connections public server does.
>

> If this proves useful enough to people, I may add a proper DNS
>
> address for it and leave it up permanently.
>

> Remember that everyone can see whatever you send it, so be sure
>
> not to include any PHI.
>

> Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).
>

> David

0
David
9/7/2012 4:36:45 AM
On Monday, September 3, 2012 11:48:42 PM UTC+2, David Clunie wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
>
> test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
>

> For now, it is at:
>

>    IP:   184.73.255.26
>
>    port: 11112
>
>    AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB

Really cool ! Could you please list it here too:

http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part8.html#DICOMPublicServers

Thanks
0
Mathieu
9/16/2012 7:57:45 AM
Hello,

I am currently working on a html5 Dicom viewer, and I am very interested in=
 doing some tests with different Dicom servers.

This viewer has two main components:

1.- A Dicom gateway. This gateway performs the tasks of finding the studies=
 on the server. The gateway connects to the server by means of Dicom Q/R to=
 launch C-Find searches. The gateway gives the results to the viewer with t=
he contents formatted as xml.

2.- The viewer. This is just some javascript code able to read Dicom files.=
 The idea is to retrieve the Dicom files through WADO. The current version =
that I have now, does support just a small subset of SOPClassUIDs.

I have done some tests with a couple of Dicom servers inside my hospital ne=
twork. In order to show the viewer to anybody I am very interested in havin=
access to third part public Dicom servers.

So far, I have done some tests with the PixelMed and MedicalConnections pub=
lic Dicom servers. C-find operations work properly with both servers, but n=
one of them seems to have WADO enabled.

The question is simple: Could you please consider the possibility of enabli=
ng WADO on your public Dicom server?

Thanks a lot for your attention,

 Jos=E9 Antonio P=E9rez
 LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/lW17d

On Monday, September 3, 2012 11:48:42 PM UTC+2, David Clunie wrote:
> Hi
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
>=20
> test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> For now, it is at:
>=20
>=20
>=20
>    IP:   184.73.255.26
>=20
>    port: 11112
>=20
>    AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB
>=20
>=20
>=20
> You can C-STORE stuff to it, and you can C-FIND, as well as C-GET
>=20
> and C-MOVE.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Using C-MOVE, it won't be configured with your IP and port for the
>=20
> move destination AET, but it will assume the IP from which you
>=20
> are sending the request, and will try a couple of different common
>=20
> ports including the official ones like 104 and 11112, a bit like
>=20
> what Dave Harvey's Medical Connections public server does.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> If this proves useful enough to people, I may add a proper DNS
>=20
> address for it and leave it up permanently.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Remember that everyone can see whatever you send it, so be sure
>=20
> not to include any PHI.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).
>=20
>=20
>=20
> David

0
ISO
4/24/2013 7:21:46 AM
Dave from MedicalConnections just noticed me about his WADO server.

http://www.dicomserver.co.uk/wado/

I feel like I was the only one in the world not knowing about this one!

 Jos=E9 Antonio
0
ISO
4/24/2013 8:06:46 AM
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:18:42 AM UTC+5:30, David Clunie wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
>
> test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
>

> For now, it is at:
>

>    IP:   184.73.255.26
>
>    port: 11112
>
>    AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB
>

> You can C-STORE stuff to it, and you can C-FIND, as well as C-GET
>
> and C-MOVE.
>

> Using C-MOVE, it won't be configured with your IP and port for the
>
> move destination AET, but it will assume the IP from which you
>
> are sending the request, and will try a couple of different common
>
> ports including the official ones like 104 and 11112, a bit like
>
> what Dave Harvey's Medical Connections public server does.
>

> If this proves useful enough to people, I may add a proper DNS
>
> address for it and leave it up permanently.
>

> Remember that everyone can see whatever you send it, so be sure
>
> not to include any PHI.
>

> Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).
>

> David

I couldn't able to ping to this IP for usage...
Should I need to do something else to make use of this public server ?

Please guide me if i am missing something....
0
Venkatesh
5/5/2013 3:56:08 PM
Maybe this machine has the ping blocked.

You should test Dicom connectivity using the verification service (C-ECHO):

http://support.dcmtk.org/docs/echoscu.html

 Jos=E9 Antonio
 http://goo.gl/lW17d

On Sunday, May 5, 2013 5:56:08 PM UTC+2, Venkatesh Goud wrote:
> [...]
> >=20
>=20
> > Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > David
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I couldn't able to ping to this IP for usage...
>=20
> Should I need to do something else to make use of this public server ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Please guide me if i am missing something....
5/5/2013 6:09:39 PM
Hi Ven

Yes, I had not turned on ICMP, so I just enabled it, in case there
are tools that require ping to work before they will do the DICOM
communication.

An ordinary ping works now.

As Jos� suggests, you can also do:

   echoscu -v -aec AWSPIXELMEDPUB 184.73.255.26 11112

David

On 5/5/13 2:09 PM, Jos� Antonio P�rez wrote:> Maybe this machine has the ping blocked.

 > You should test Dicom connectivity using the verification service (C-ECHO):
 >
 > http://support.dcmtk.org/docs/echoscu.html
 >
 >   Jos� Antonio
 >   http://goo.gl/lW17d
 >
 > On Sunday, May 5, 2013 5:56:08 PM UTC+2, Venkatesh Goud wrote:
 >> On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:18:42 AM UTC+5:30, David Clunie wrote:
 >>
 >>> Hi
 >>

 >>> I have finally gotten around to setting up an experimental public
 >>

 >>> test DICOM server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
 >>

 >>> For now, it is at:
 >>

 >>>     IP:   184.73.255.26
 >>

 >>>     port: 11112
 >>

 >>>     AET:  AWSPIXELMEDPUB
 >>

 >>> You can C-STORE stuff to it, and you can C-FIND, as well as C-GET
 >>

 >>> and C-MOVE.
 >>

 >>> Using C-MOVE, it won't be configured with your IP and port for the
 >>

 >>> move destination AET, but it will assume the IP from which you
 >>

 >>> are sending the request, and will try a couple of different common
 >>

 >>> ports including the official ones like 104 and 11112, a bit like
 >>

 >>> what Dave Harvey's Medical Connections public server does.
 >>

 >>> If this proves useful enough to people, I may add a proper DNS
 >>

 >>> address for it and leave it up permanently.
 >>

 >>> Remember that everyone can see whatever you send it, so be sure
 >>

 >>> not to include any PHI.
 >>

 >>> Unlike Dave Harvey's server, the logs are not http accessible (yet).
 >>

 >>> David
 >>

 >> I couldn't able to ping to this IP for usage...
 >>
 >> Should I need to do something else to make use of this public server ?
 >>

 >> Please guide me if i am missing something....

0
David
5/5/2013 8:14:19 PM
I have configured the test server on our DICOM Web Viewer ( http://login.j4care.com/PatientViewer )

If you are not registered or do not want register use demo/demo as user-name/password

Click on "Show/Hide extended options ..." to display the list of available servers and select the PixelMed server

Regards,
Michael Knapp
0
michaelknapp78

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM &q...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Testing DICOM datasets for RT DICOM types needed
Looking for sample testing DICOM datasets for RT: Urgent need is for: Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Others are: SOP UID SOP name 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.2 Radiation Therapy Dose Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.3 Radiation Therapy Structure Set Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.4 Radiation Therapy Beams Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 Radiation Therapy Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.6 Radiation Therapy Brachy Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.7 Radiation Therapy Treatment Summary Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.8 Radiation Therapy Ion Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.9 Radiation Therapy Ion Beams Treatment Record Storage -- ------------------------------ If you believe you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the original sender of this email and destroy all copies of this communication. Have a look at The Cancer Imaging Archive: http://www.cancerimagingarchive.= net/. On the home page there is a list of data sets. One of the columns i= n the table lists modalities included in each collection. By typing RT in = the search field at the top of the table these 4 data sets have some differ= ent RT data types: Head-Neck Cetuximab Head-Neck 111 CT, PT, RT 4D-Lung Lung 20 CT, RTSTRUCT NRG-1308 (Limited Access) Lung 12 CT...

How do you make a Dicom server public?
Hi All I am using the Dcmtk's ImageCTN server. For the server to accept an association with a "known" client, you have to enter the client information(AETitle,HostName,PortNumber) in the HostTable Entry in the imagectn.cfg. Is it possible for the Imagectn server to accept connections from everyone i.e. how do you make a Dicom server public. Thanks Dhaval dhaval wrote: > Hi All > I am using the Dcmtk's ImageCTN server. > For the server to accept an association with a "known" client, > you have to enter the client information(AETitle,HostN...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

Event-driven Dicom SCP
All of the DICOM libraries I have looked at seem to use a thread based approach to serving SCU requests. Each new SCU request spawns a new thread, and all protocol negotiation and data transmission occurs in this new thread. An alternative is the event-driven approach: a single event loop runs and receives callbacks when certain events are triggered: (eg. socket event, file read) and then handles the event: (eg. accept socket, write data to socket). This approach avoids the overhead of thread creation and context switching, and so is much more efficient. Are there any libraries out there that use an event-driven approach? Is the DICOM network protocol suitable for this approach, driven by callbacks? Thanks. On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:05:59 PM UTC+2, Aaron wrote: > All of the DICOM libraries I have looked at seem to use a thread based > > approach to serving SCU requests. Each new SCU request spawns a new thread, > > and all protocol negotiation and data transmission occurs in this new thread. > > > > > > An alternative is the event-driven approach: a single event loop runs and receives callbacks when certain events are triggered: > > > > (eg. socket event, file read) > > > > and then handles the event: > > > > (eg. accept socket, write data to socket). > > > > This approach avoids the overhead of thread creati...

Black box testing a remote DICOM Q/R server
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to work on the following issue. I need to execute a series of test on a remote DICOM Q/R server. Actually running the tests is IMHO much safer than reading there DICOM Conformance Statement(tm). As an implementation detail of the test suite, I am running the following (DCMTK style command): $ findscu --study --cancel 1 --key 0020,0010=* --key 8,52=STUDY --aetitle MINE --call THEIR dicom.example.com 11112 The goal here is to find a valid StudyID (later on I'll use that StudyID to execute lower key level C-FIND, and some related C-MOVE ...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (a...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? ...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

DICOM vs .. "raw DICOM" ?
I'm looking at this sentence: "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet medical digital communication standards " It comes from here: http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ultrasound/ultrasound-it/echopac-pc/index.html And all I can think is .. "Wait, what?" What exactly is the difference? What do they _mean_ ? Hello Trevoke, Trevoke wrote: > "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet > medical digital communication standards " DICOM or raw DICOM... wait, _what_? ;o) > What exactly is the > difference? What do they _mean_ ? Probably the author of this sentence is referring to storage of private information as DICOM Raw Data IOD. Just guessing: This may refer 3D Ultrasound data which is described in Supplement 43. Supplement 43 was released in April 2009 and defines: Enhanced US Volume Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.2 Arterial Pulse Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.5.1 Respiratory Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.6.1 General Audio Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.4.2 Maybe Supp. 43 was released too late for the device discussed on this page to make its objects Supplement 43 compliant. Thus it stores the "modern" data objects not in Enhanced Ultrasound IOD but as DICOM Raw Data instead. DICOM Raw Data IOD has the advantage over private IODs that Storage and Retrieval can be ensured in a "Store-an...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

Introduction to DICOM - Chapter III
http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction-to-dicom-chapter-iii-dicom.html ...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

DICOM Print Server
Hi all! Exists a free-ware DICOM Print server for receiving DICOM Print Jobs to print out to a normal windows printer? Thx. ...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report...

what dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and viewing?
understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? There is a free DICOM viewer in www.fruitfruit.com. But I never heard that any free dicom viewer can create cd. paperplane <paperplanefly@yahoo.com> wrote: > understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know > besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and > dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? <URL:http://irad.sf.net/> Works g...

Dicom server with all features
Hello everyone, I'm working for ophthalmic imaging system company and we're looking for Dicom server to purchase which would do all of the following: -store -retrieve - worklist -mpps -store commit (regular store, Jpeg, PDF etc) If you guys have any advice please let me know! Thanks Madina ...

DICOM Web Server
What is needed to make a dicom web server? I'm planning to use DCM4CHE to help write it. Anyone able to guide me? You should be checking out dicom part 18, Web Access to Dicom Objects (WADO). This can be done on top on existing web-servers (our implementation is an Apache server module). HTH. Razvan In article <355241BE.23A0E6A8@iohk.com>, Andrew Chan <achan@iohk.com> wrote: > > Hi all, > I'm wondering if there is any idea, source or pointer of information, of > any solution in the form of a web server which could do dicom receive of &...

DICOM Conformance Tests
Hi there, A while ago I posted about some of the well known issues in DICOM I have found: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_thread/thread/ad557b61e9c5ea68 I think this would be very useful to the DICOM community to make it a full DICOM conformance data tests. For example in the XML world they have: [XML W3C Conformance Test Suite] * http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/xmlconf-20031210.html This clearly indicate which part of the standard is being tested, and more important what is the correct behavior of a validating parser and non-validating parser. ...

dicom server/client
Hi all, We just got a 3D ultrasound machine, which has a nice feature to push the acquired dicom digital images through the network. We tried to use Osirix that was configured to listen to the network for incoming dicom images, and it worked. But because Osirix is only available on a mac, we would like to explore other options. Anyone knows if Matlab has such capability? Or, if Labview has (we integrated matlab into our labview system)? Thanks very much. Pinpress wrote: > > > Hi all, > > We just got a 3D ultrasound machine, which has a nice feature to > push > the acqui...

Web resources about - PixelMed test public DICOM server - comp.protocols.dicom