Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer

The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image
information and not the image header information. All the header
details such as
patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the
image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The
DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values.
There are three queries based on this requirement:

1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image
buffer and not the header information?

2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner?

3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the
DICOM image buffer and not the header?
0
vijaya
1/16/2008 7:01:15 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Jan 16, 8:01 am, vijaya <vijaya.ramanat...@patni.com> wrote:
> The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image
> information and not the image header information. All the header
> details such as
> patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the
> image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The
> DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values.
> There are three queries based on this requirement:
>
> 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image
> buffer and not the header information?
>
> 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner?
>
> 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the
> DICOM image buffer and not the header?

This won't help you, but this is also something I do not know. We had
to manually go through a lot image to detect which one had annotations
burned in. This is a real problem for us, when doing anonymization. At
the time I was not able to figure out if a tag mentionned that or not.

2 cents,
-Mathieu
0
Mathieu
1/16/2008 4:50:49 PM
Mathieu,

> This is a real problem for us, when doing anonymization. At the time
> I was not able to figure out if a tag mentionned that or not.

There is an optional attribute, Burned In Annotation (0028,0301) in the
General Image Module, but this is probably not used in your images.

Regards,
Joerg Riesmeier
0
Joerg
1/17/2008 9:48:33 AM
On Jan 17, 2:48=A0pm, "Joerg Riesmeier" <n...@riesmeier.de> wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> > This is a real problem for us, when doing anonymization. At the time
> > I was not able to figure out if a tag mentionned that or not.
>
> There is an optional attribute, Burned In Annotation (0028,0301) in the
> General Image Module, but this is probably not used in your images.
>
> Regards,
> Joerg Riesmeier

hi Joerg,

Does this mean that if the attribute Burned In Annotation (0028,0301)
is set to 'Yes' then the printer SCP will understand that all the
header information is burned in the image and it does need to look for
additional header information? Please confirm.

Also, If the header information is not burned in  the image, how will
the SCU pass on the header information to the print SCP? Please
clarify.
0
vijaya
1/17/2008 1:17:14 PM
> Does this mean that if the attribute Burned In Annotation (0028,0301)
> is set to 'Yes' then the printer SCP will understand that all the
> header information is burned in the image and it does need to look for=

> additional header information? Please confirm.

No, this attribute has nothing to do with the Print Management protocol
(therefore, I referred to the General Image Module).

> Also, If the header information is not burned in  the image, how will
> the SCU pass on the header information to the print SCP?

There is no need to pass "header information" (I guess you mean patient
demographics and study information) to the print SCP. If the user wants
this information to be part of the printed film, the print SCU has to
burn it into the pixel data before sending the image to the printer.

Regards,
Joerg Riesmeier

PS: See also this discussion: http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php?t=3D1=
Joerg

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? ...

calculate the actual lenght in DICOM image using header information
hi, i heard an online webinar related to medical image processing in which told about tht imtool of MATLAb that we can also calculate the pixel length in any DICOM image .if any expert knows how to calculate the actual or physical lenght by using header information plz let me know or just tell me the name of attribute in header of DICOm which is used to calculate it. plz tell me i will be very thank ful thank you Hi, see these fields : "Rows" (0028h;0010h) "Columns" (0028h;0011h) "Pixel Spacing" (0028h;0030h) J�r�me ...

calculating actual length in DIcOm image using header information
hi, i heard an online webinar related to medical image processing in which told about tht imtool of MATLAb that we can also calculate the pixel length in any DICOM image .if any expert knows how to calculate the actual or physical lenght by using header information plz let me know or just tell me the name of attribute in header of DICOm which is used to calculate it. plz tell me i will be very thank ful thank you ...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard ...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

convert DICOM header to google protocol buffer
Does anyone know of any open source code floating about to convert a DICOM header into a google protocol buffer format? Thanks. On Monday, May 13, 2013 1:41:05 AM UTC+2, Aaron Boxer wrote: > Does anyone know of any open source code floating about to convert a DICOM header into a google protocol buffer format? Assuming this 'floating' code exists, how would it encode an image (binary buffer) into google protocol buffer ? Just curious. On Monday, May 13, 2013 10:12:36 AM UTC-4, Mathieu Malaterre wrote: > On Monday, May 13, 2013 1:41:05 AM UTC+2, Aaron Boxer wrote: &...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NE...

DICOM tag group names, measurements on DICOM images
Hi. I have the following 2 questions: 1. Where can I find the names or descriptions of DICOM tag groups? For example group 0002 is File Meta Information, 0010 - Patient Information etc. - I know the names of a few of them, but I need them all. In the standard I've only found the names of the tags, but not of the groups and my knowledge about medical imaging is not good enough to get the group names out of the tags which the groups contain. 2. I need to write a program that lets the user select 2 points on a DICOM image and gives him the distance between those two points -...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

Printing DICOM images using CTN Software over MS Windows
In the Wire Communication Laboratory of the Universtity of Patras in Greece we try to develope DICOM services using CTN Software. We use 2.12.0 edition of CTN. I would like to ask you if there is any capability using CTN Software to develope DICOM Printing service over a MS Windows platform? I would appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance. George Koutelakis Phd Student ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated t...

Convert a Buffered Image to ByteInputArray() for DICOM images
Hi I wanted to convert my buffered image bi to a byteoutputarray without using imageio.write() since it does not support dicom images. is there a way to do this? please let me know. thanks dhaval -- Message posted via http://www.javakb.com ...

Printing DICOM images
Hi all: I'd like to know how can I send a DICOM image from software I want to develop to a DICOM printer. Is there any document that explains how to do it whatever it is Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, etc.? Another thing: how can I do a VB application that reads DICOM images headers, so it can be recorded on a Database? Thanks a lot David On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:55:00 -0800, DAVID wrote: > Hi all: > > I'd like to know how can I send a DICOM image from software I want to > develop to a DICOM printer. Is there any document that explains how to > do it whatever ...

Information about dicom Header
Hi I would have to create a software for create dicom file I studied the format but they are not successful to understand the structure of tag..How can I recognize them in the file? gnu.nico@gmail.com wrote: > Hi I would have to create a software for create dicom file I studied > the format but they are not successful to understand the structure of > tag..How can I recognize them in the file? Hi Nico, I am not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to find out if a binary file is a DICOM file or not. If so this is not a trivial task to do. In theory all D...

Printing on a Dicom Printer
Hi all, I'm trying to print on a Dicom Printer. After having read documentations, I thought that if I would like to print a Secondary Capture, I had to generate a Hard Copy Image then a Stored Print Image and finally had to send this Stored Print Image to the Dicom Printer. As I haven't any Dicom Printer, I made tests with Jdicom PrintServer and Dicomscope Print SCP and sending directly SecondaryCapture Image (without generating HardCopy Image and SoredPrintImage) to the Print SCP worked. Is it normal ? When I made tests with Dicomscope, I saw that pressing "Pri...

Printing DICOM images using CTN Software over MS Windows #2
In the Wire Communication Laboratory of the Universtity of Patras in Greece we try to develope DICOM services using CTN Software. We use 2.12.0 edition of CTN. I would like to ask you if there is any capability using CTN Software to develope DICOM Printing service over a MS Windows platform? I would appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance. George Koutelakis Phd Student ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Get Image from Dicom server without downloading image
hello I want to know that without downloading image file can we get only image pixel data from the Dicom server if possible which is the best method to do. regards Neeraj Neeraj wrote: > hello > I want to know that without downloading image file can we get only > image pixel data from the Dicom server if possible which is the best > method to do. > > regards > Neeraj You may want to check out part 18 of the standard, Web Access to Dicom Persistent Objects. Systems that do offer that interface will offer you the possibility of retrieving an image...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM &q...

Image Orientation from DICOM Header
Hello, I have a question on determining the image orientation from the DICOM header for an MRI image. I can get the dimensions and x,y coordinates from Image Position (patient) [0020,0032] and Image Orientation (patient) [0020,0037], but I am not sure how to determine which direction the x and y coordinates represent solely from the DICOM header. Is there a way to get this information? For example, could I determine that the an image goes from 110 Right to 130 Left on the x-axis and 120 Posterior to 120 Anterior on the y-axis from the header? Many Thanks, -E ...

Web resources about - Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer - comp.protocols.dicom

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Eastman prosecutor said his team knew to give defence all relevant information
Michael Adams, now a NSW Supreme Court judge, says his team understood they had to give Eastman all relevant information before trial.

Wonthaggi drowning: Confusing information given to triple-0 may have delayed ambulance dispatch
Confusing information given to triple-0 may have delayed the dispatch of an ambulance to a beach near Wonthaggi where a 13-year-old girl died. ...

Cable News Top Choice for Campaign Information
Americans get most of their news about the presidential campaign from cable news, according to a survey released Thursday by the Pew Research ...

Eager hackers offer thousands for Apple login information
How much is an Apple employees login information worth? According to a recent discovery by Business Insider, its worth as much as $23,000. According ...

How can IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) improve information security?
The ITIL change management process is one of the very important processes that helps increase security for IT applications and infrastructure. ...

CFPB To Banks: Offer More “No Overdraft” Checking Accounts, Provide Accurate Credit Information
... the CFPB issued a bulletin [ PDF ] reminding banks and credit unions of their obligations when it comes to accurately reporting information ...

New Hillary Clinton Emails Show More Mishandling of Classified Information
... Huma Abedin’s account on Clinton’s non-secured email system: clintonemail.com. Judicial Watch requested this release via the Freedom of Information ...

Video: Ward Village Information Center by Woods Bagot
Inside Festival: Nik Karalis of Woods Bagot explains how his team converted three floors of an iconic 1960s office building into a sales suite ...