What DICOM elements should I modify in a new DICOM dataset derived from an existing one?

I have an application that reads DICOM data containing MRI scans,
performs some calculations, and generates a new dataset based on the
input.  I need to write these output dataset to disk, and would like
to generate correct DICOM files.  I am able to create files that can
be loaded by several DICOM viewers, but am trying to figure out the
'correct' way to propagate (and modify) the header information from
the original input.

So here are my specific questions:

) is it correct to copy all the elements from the input, and change
the small set needed to make the new series unique?

)  what is the minimal set of elements that need to be changed to
indicate that this new series is distinct from the input series?

)  how should I convey the fact that the new dataset is derived from
the input series?

)  should the SeriesInstanceUID value be different for the input and
output?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide -

Rick Hoge

comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Feb 11, 11:05 pm, r.h...@umontreal.ca wrote:
> I have an application that reads DICOM data containing MRI scans,
> performs some calculations, and generates a new dataset based on the
> input.  I need to write these output dataset to disk, and would like
> to generate correct DICOM files.  I am able to create files that can
> be loaded by several DICOM viewers, but am trying to figure out the
> 'correct' way to propagate (and modify) the header information from
> the original input.
>
> So here are my specific questions:
>
> ) is it correct to copy all the elements from the input, and change
> the small set needed to make the new series unique?
>
> )  what is the minimal set of elements that need to be changed to
> indicate that this new series is distinct from the input series?
>
> )  how should I convey the fact that the new dataset is derived from
> the input series?
>
> )  should the SeriesInstanceUID value be different for the input and
> output?
>
> Thank you in advance for any information you can provide -

Hi Rick,

  I wrote a couple of notes (+Eric Goodall comments) about DERVIED
DICOM datasets at:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Writing_DICOM#Derived_DICOM_Images

HTH
-Mathieu

0
Mathieu
2/12/2007 2:54:16 PM
> HTH

It does - thank you very much.  R

Hi Mathieu,

I saw in your notes (and it makes sense) that the Series Instance UID
should be changed for the derived dataset.

I realize this is an incredibly naive question, but what is the right
way to generate a new UID?  I could imagine doing this by - say -
appending the computer serial number plus date and time of compuation
to the millisecond to the existing UID.  Are there any recommended or
mandated approaches?

Thanks again!

Rick

On Feb 13, 12:03 am, r.h...@umontreal.ca wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I saw in your notes (and it makes sense) that the Series Instance UID
> should be changed for the derived dataset.
>
> I realize this is an incredibly naive question, but what is the right
> way to generate a new UID?  I could imagine doing this by - say -
> appending the computer serial number plus date and time of compuation
> to the millisecond to the existing UID.  Are there any recommended or
> mandated approaches?

I would suggest you read this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_frm/thread/1caaae92e256f0c1

There is a freely available (BSD-license) UID generator in GDCM if you
are not afraid of C++. But anyway keep in mind that is is a good UID
generator and definitely far from perfect since I will never be able
to claim uniqueness with this approach, only private vendor with
hardware solution or a way to centralize all UID can.

HTH
-Mathieu

0
Mathieu
2/13/2007 3:25:34 PM
On Feb 13, 10:25 am, "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Feb 13, 12:03 am, r.h...@umontreal.ca wrote:
>
> > Hi Mathieu,
>
> > I saw in your notes (and it makes sense) that the Series Instance UID
> > should be changed for the derived dataset.
>
> > I realize this is an incredibly naive question, but what is the right
> > way to generate a new UID?  I could imagine doing this by - say -
> > appending the computer serial number plus date and time of compuation
> > to the millisecond to the existing UID.  Are there any recommended or
> > mandated approaches?
>
> I would suggest you read this thread:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_frm/thread...
>
> There is a freely available (BSD-license) UID generator in GDCM if you
> are not afraid of C++. But anyway keep in mind that is is a good UID
> generator and definitely far from perfect since I will never be able
> to claim uniqueness with this approach, only private vendor with
> hardware solution or a way to centralize all UID can.
>
> HTH
> -Mathieu

Couple points on this thread - first regarding unique UIDs. Generating
a unique UID value is not sufficient. It must be well formed relative
to the rules defined in DICOM part 5, section 9. Quoting from that
section

Each UID is composed of two parts, an <org root> and a <suffix>:
UID = <org root>.<suffix>

The <org root> portion of the UID uniquely identifies an organization,
(i.e., manufacturer, research organization, NEMA, etc.), and is
composed of a number of numeric components as defined by ISO 8824. The
<suffix> portion of the UID is also composed of a number of numeric
components, and shall be unique within the scope of the <org root>.
This implies that the organization identified in the <org root> is
responsible for guaranteeing <suffix> uniqueness by providing
registration policies. These policies shall guarantee <suffix>
uniqueness for all UID's created by that organization. Unlike the <org
root>, which may be common for UID's in an organization, the <suffix>
shall take different unique values between different UID's that
identify different objects.

Some time ago, a poster to this forum complained that a major vendor's
system was rejecting their images with an "invalid UID" message. While
one interpretation of the above rules says that you can be your own
<org root> as long as you guarantee uniqueness, another school of
thought, and codified by the OID rules in HL7 says that your <org
root> has to be derived from a registering authority - so for example
the DICOM standard <org root> of "1.2.840.10008"  is actually derived
from NEMA having registered and licensed their 10008 identifier from
ANSI, who own the 1.2.840 <org root>.
Bottomline - don't simply generate UIDs. You need to base it off
somebody's root. There are several organizations out there who will
give you a piece of their UID namespace for free - Dave Harvey of
Medical Connections in the UK was handing them out for a while. I
believe I've seen others offering the same service in this group.

My second point has to do with the earlier string of the thread. The
information in  Mathieu's wiki is accurate, but there is some
additional information you might want to consider putting into your
derived. DICOM Part 16 has two Context Groups CID 7202 and CID 7203
which contain a set of codes  defining reason  for a source image
reference (ie. reason code for referenced image sequence) and a coded
description of the deriation applied to the new image data from the
original. Both these context groups are extensible, so if you don't
see what you're doing here, add your own code but still identify the
context group that you're adding it into.

CID 7202	Source Image Purposes of Reference
Context ID 7202
Source Image Purposes of Reference
Type: Extensible Version: 20051101

Coding
Scheme     Code
Designator	Value	Code Meaning
DCM	121320	Uncompressed predecessor
DCM	121321	Mask image for image processing operation
DCM	121322	Source image for image processing operation
DCM	121329	Source image for montage
DCM	121330	Lossy compressed predecessor

CID 7203	Image Derivation
Context ID 7203
Image Derivation
Type: Extensible Version: 20050822

Coding
Scheme
Designator		Code		Meaning
DCM	113040	Lossy Compression
DCM	113041	Apparent Diffusion Coefficient
DCM	113042	Pixel by pixel addition
DCM	113043	Diffusion weighted
DCM	113044	Diffusion Anisotropy
DCM	113045	Diffusion Attenuated
DCM	113046	Pixel by pixel division
DCM	113047	Pixel by pixel mask
DCM	113048	Pixel by pixel Maximum
DCM	113049	Pixel by pixel mean
DCM	113050	Metabolite Maps from spectroscopy data
DCM	113051	Pixel by pixel Minimum
DCM	113052	Mean Transit Time
DCM	113053	Pixel by pixel multiplication
DCM	113054	Negative Enhancement Integral
DCM	113055	Regional Cerebral Blood Flow
DCM	113056	Regional Cerebral Blood Volume
DCM	113057	R-Coefficient Map
DCM	113058	Proton Density map
DCM	113059	Signal Change Map
DCM	113060	Signal to Noise Map
DCM	113061	Standard Deviation
DCM	113062	 Pixel by pixel subtraction
DCM	113063	T1 Map
DCM	113064	T2* Map
DCM	113065	T2 Map
DCM	113066	Time Course of Signal
DCM	113067	Temperature encoded
DCM	113068	Student's T-Test
DCM	113069	Time To Peak map
DCM	113070	Velocity encoded
DCM	113071	Z-Score Map
DCM	113072	Multiplanar reformatting
DCM	113073	Curved multiplanar reformatting
DCM	113074	Volume rendering
DCM	113075	Surface rendering
DCM	113076	Segmentation
DCM	113077	Volume editing
DCM	113078	Maximum intensity projection
DCM	113079	Minimum intensity projection
DCM	113085	Spatial resampling
DCM	113086	Edge enhancement
DCM	113087	Smoothing
DCM	113088	Gaussian blur
DCM	113089	Unsharp mask
DCM	113090	Image stitching

0
eric

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. Go to http://www.dicomtool.com to see more detail. If you have any questions, please ask me, thank you. Best Regards, http://www.dicomtool.com ...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator(DICOM Detective)
I developed a DICOM protocol analyzer and simulator called DICOM Detective. Anyone can download it from my website http://www.dicomtool.com and try it. The serial number is "EVALUATION". Any advice is welcome. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can s...

Introduction to DICOM - Chapter III
http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction-to-dicom-chapter-iii-dicom.html ...

Testing DICOM datasets for RT DICOM types needed
Looking for sample testing DICOM datasets for RT: Urgent need is for: Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Others are: SOP UID SOP name 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.2 Radiation Therapy Dose Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.3 Radiation Therapy Structure Set Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.4 Radiation Therapy Beams Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 Radiation Therapy Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.6 Radiation Therapy Brachy Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.7 Radiation Therapy Treatment Summary Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.8 Radiation Therapy Ion Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.9 Radiation Therapy Ion Beams Treatment Record Storage -- ------------------------------ If you believe you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the original sender of this email and destroy all copies of this communication. Have a look at The Cancer Imaging Archive: http://www.cancerimagingarchive.= net/. On the home page there is a list of data sets. One of the columns i= n the table lists modalities included in each collection. By typing RT in = the search field at the top of the table these 4 data sets have some differ= ent RT data types: Head-Neck Cetuximab Head-Neck 111 CT, PT, RT 4D-Lung Lung 20 CT, RTSTRUCT NRG-1308 (Limited Access) Lung 12 CT...

creating a new DICOM file from existing one using DCMTK
Hi all, I am trying to create a new DICOM file from an existing DICOM file. So, the= scenario is that I have a DICOM file and I do some image processing on it = and produce a transformed/processed file and I would like to save it using = the original file as a template.=20 The only things that change are=20 1: The pixel data 2: The rescale and offset tags. Does anyone know how I can achieve this with DCMTK? I looked at various exa= mples but most of them show how to save a JPG or BMP image into a new DICOM= file. On Monday, October 27, 2014 7:28:29 PM UTC+1, Luca Pamparan...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

New release of the free Makhaon DICOM Dump software has DICOM, DICOS and dicomdir validation tool
Hello DICOM community. We just released our software - Makhaon DICOM Dump. It's free of charge but very useful tool for anybody whose deals with DICOM instances. You can download it here: http://www.makhaon.com/download/software_en/DICOMDump.zip It can, inter alia, verify different DICOM instances: Check for Value Multiplicity (VM). Check for unknown Value Representations (VR). Check for VR conformity to the standard. Check for length of the all strings. Check for correct numbers values. Check for character sets of strings values. Check for UID conformity. Leading zero...

DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). ------------------------ DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS Administrator, maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS Administrator, maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. ...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

Excellent DICOM troubleshooting tool-DICOM Detective full functional free trial of new version available
A new version of DICOM Detective is released and full functional free trial of new version available at http://www.dicomtool.com New functions: DICOM Detective can view not only the images embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) but also the structure reports embedded in the DICOM communication(sniffer file) now. And the finding DICOM tag function can help you to find the desired DICOM tag from tons of DICOM tags in the DICOM communication(sniffer file). Go to http://www.dicomtool.com, you will find more valuable things there. ------------------------ DICOM Detectiv...

what dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and viewing?
understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? There is a free DICOM viewer in www.fruitfruit.com. But I never heard that any free dicom viewer can create cd. paperplane <paperplanefly@yahoo.com> wrote: > understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know > besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and > dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? <URL:http://irad.sf.net/> Works g...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? > i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). > But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her > focntion ? > =A0i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? > > and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM > structured report ? =A0 DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 > or not ? > > i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. > > Thanks Hi, Please go through this site and you will find lots of presentation on Structured Reporting. I think it will help you regards Nagaraj ...

DICOM vs .. "raw DICOM" ?
I'm looking at this sentence: "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet medical digital communication standards " It comes from here: http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ultrasound/ultrasound-it/echopac-pc/index.html And all I can think is .. "Wait, what?" What exactly is the difference? What do they _mean_ ? Hello Trevoke, Trevoke wrote: > "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet > medical digital communication standards " DICOM or raw DICOM... wait, _what_? ;o) > What exactly is the > difference? What do they _mean_ ? Probably the author of this sentence is referring to storage of private information as DICOM Raw Data IOD. Just guessing: This may refer 3D Ultrasound data which is described in Supplement 43. Supplement 43 was released in April 2009 and defines: Enhanced US Volume Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.2 Arterial Pulse Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.5.1 Respiratory Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.6.1 General Audio Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.4.2 Maybe Supp. 43 was released too late for the device discussed on this page to make its objects Supplement 43 compliant. Thus it stores the "modern" data objects not in Enhanced Ultrasound IOD but as DICOM Raw Data instead. DICOM Raw Data IOD has the advantage over private IODs that Storage and Retrieval can be ensured in a "Store-an...

dicom protocol.
Hi all, I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this compatible for use with JAVA? plz help regards, Rajesh Rapaka. Hi Rajesh, check this website: http://www.dclunie.com/ rob Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: | Hi all, | | I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol | from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this | compatible for use with JAVA? plz help | | regards, | Rajesh Rapaka. If you can deal with the terms of the LGPL (actually fairly easy) then try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/ -Kelly Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. Hello Rajesh; If you are willing to consider a commercial toolkit, you should take a look at the DICOM Connectivity Framework (DCF) at http://laurelbridge.com/products/ Regards, Bronson Hokuf Rajesh.Rapaka wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make a decision on, if have to write the dicom protocol > from scratch? Are there any previously developed libraries for this > compatible for use with JAVA? plz help > > regards, > Rajesh Rapaka. ...

New to DICOM
Hello every body, I have just started working in a Medical Instruments company, I have started reading DICOM standard manuals, very confused I am, may some of you help me please, I am well experienced in Data Communication, TCP/IP, Socket Programming, Electronic devices, Unix Platforms, Image processing and image formats. I don't understand why DICOM standard is a need, there are lots of strict rules regarding exchanging messages between Applications while they are can be simply performed using usual Client/Server tools using well known standards. I know I am wrong, please help ...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

Free DICOM Viewer for use in DICOM CDR/DVDR
Hi all, We have just released our new application Sante DICOM Viewer CDR. It is a simple, easy to use DICOM Viewer for Windows, suitable for DICOM image file (series/studies) distribution to referring physicians or patients, in DICOM CD/DVD media. Features at a glance: - Simple and easy to use DICOM Viewer, based on Sante DICOM Viewer EDU - It can run from CD/DVD without installation - It loads automatically DICOMDIR files - Free of charge and royalty free distribution - Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types. - Code Signing (Authenticode) Certified with Digital ID signature, for secure distribution - Windows Vista compatible You can download it from our site at: http://www.santesoft.com Best regards, Manos Kanellopoulos Biomedical Engineer Software Developer ...

DICOM tag group names, measurements on DICOM images
Hi. I have the following 2 questions: 1. Where can I find the names or descriptions of DICOM tag groups? For example group 0002 is File Meta Information, 0010 - Patient Information etc. - I know the names of a few of them, but I need them all. In the standard I've only found the names of the tags, but not of the groups and my knowledge about medical imaging is not good enough to get the group names out of the tags which the groups contain. 2. I need to write a program that lets the user select 2 points on a DICOM image and gives him the distance between those two points - what is the formula to calculate that and which tags do I have to use in it? I hope the language I have used to ask those questions is understandable, forgive me if it's not - english is not my first language and also I'm not very experienced when it comes to medical imaging. TIA ledres On Jul 22, 4:19 pm, ledres <lost2m...@opkropka.pl> wrote: > Hi. > I have the following 2 questions: > > 1. Where can I find the names or descriptions of DICOM tag groups? > For example group 0002 is File Meta Information, 0010 - Patient > Information etc. - I know the names of a few of them, but I need them > all. In the standard I've only found the names of the tags, but not of > the groups and my knowledge about medical imaging is not good enough to > get the group names out of the tags which the groups contain. I was also looking ...

changing DICOM info in a DICOM RD (dose file)
Hi all. I'm trying to modify a DICOM header of a totale radiotherapy plan consisting of: - DICOM image files - A DICOM RS file (structures) - A DICOM RP file (plan) - A DICOM RD file (dose ditribution) What I want to do is to change the UID's for the entire plan (all files). This is not a problem for the DICOM images, where I do the following: info = dicominfo(fname); %Reading dicom info image = (dicomread(fname)); %Reading image ** MODIFICATION OF INFO *** dicomwrite(t,'newfile',info,'CreateMode','Copy'); %Saving with modified info But I have some difficul...

Web resources about - What DICOM elements should I modify in a new DICOM dataset derived from an existing one? - comp.protocols.dicom

Group 11 element - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Group 11 element is one in the series of elements in group 11 ( IUPAC style) in the periodic table , consisting of transition metals copper ...

When SCOTUS justices are out of their element
The passing of senior associate justice Antonin Scalia makes this a fitting occasion to marvel at his wit and wisdom. Note that his technique ...

Examining Soft Machines' Architecture: An Element of VISC to Improving IPC
Last week, Soft Machines announced that their 'VISC' architecture was available for licensing, following the announcement of the original concepts ...

Explore the elements of life in _PRISM
_PRISM Cobe The Gallery Maestria Explore the elements of life in _PRISM is a story by AppAdvice.com AppAdvice - iPhone, iPad, iPod, App Reviews ...

5 Elements of a Perfect Blog Post
We've all wondered about this at some point during our blogging careers: what makes the perfect blog post? What elements do all good blog posts ...

Official Israeli Report Shows Over 40% of EU citizens Hold Anti-Semitic Views, 'Islamic Elements' Prominent ...
An official Israeli report into anti-Semitism published yesterday shows more than 40 per cent of European Union citizens hold anti-Semitic views. ...

Despite the Changing Times, Some Elements of Media Relations Just Don’t Change
... Sure, constant changes in the media landscape require us to look at challenges from a fresh perspective, but the truth is the core elements ...

7 elements of cloud SLAs you should focus on
Service-level agreements for cloud services are, at their core, more challenging than other SLAs because many cloud providers are unwilling to ...

Review: JDS Labs' The Element headphone amp dials in audio
Twist the gigantic, glorious knob on The Element headphone amplifier to dial in your music so it sounds just the way you like it.

Yorgos Lanthimos, Element Pictures And Film4 Re-Teaming On ‘The Killing Of A Sacred Deer’
EXCLUSIVE: Yorgos Lanthimos is re-teaming with The Lobster co-writer Efthimis Fillipou and producers Element Pictures and Film4 on The Killing ...