bind-9.4.0-b3: internal_send: 0.0.0.1#53: Invalid argument and CPU locking

Hello,

bind-9.4.0-b3 has been running as a resolver for 4 weeks now after some
trouble with bind-9.4.0-b2 could have been fixed.

Since Dec 2 I can see these messages in the logs:
02-Dec-2006 12:30:21.402 general: socket.c:1173: unexpected error:
02-Dec-2006 12:30:21.415 general: internal_send: 0.0.0.1#53: Invalid
argument
06-Dec-2006 21:23:17.790 general: socket.c:1173: unexpected error:
06-Dec-2006 21:23:17.790 general: internal_send: 0.0.0.1#53: Invalid
argument

 1162         /*
 1163          * The other error types depend on whether or not the
 1164          * socket is UDP or TCP.  If it is UDP, some errors
 1165          * that we expect to be fatal under TCP are merely
 1166          * annoying, and are really soft errors.
 1167          *
 1168          * However, these soft errors are still returned as
 1169          * a status.
 1170          */
 1171         isc_sockaddr_format(&dev->address, addrbuf, sizeof(addrbuf));
 1172         isc__strerror(send_errno, strbuf, sizeof(strbuf));
 1173         UNEXPECTED_ERROR(__FILE__, __LINE__, "internal_send: %s: %s",
 1174                  addrbuf, strbuf);

I don't know whether it depends on each other, this afternoon we saw a
too familiar behaviour (from other hardware): CPU usage was 100% on one
CPU (normal ~15%, the machine is a Dual Opteron, threading is enabled),
machine was dropping 1.000pks/s at an avg. query rate of ~4.500q/s,
cache size ~3G.

Last time (unthreaded bind-9.3.2-P1 on Pentium with HT) this indicated a
locking issue, maybe this is similar?

Kind regards
--
_____________________________
[Marco Schumann

0
Marco
12/7/2006 8:47:59 AM
comp.protocols.dns.bind 15827 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3/4" Female 1/2" Male Socket Adapter (SKT409) Category: Sockets
Price:$20.59 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000LQEV7G Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000LQEV7G Item #: SKT409. Features & Benefits:Allows greater flexibility for all your sockets and drive tools. Ball detent securely holds Al sockets on coupler. Adapters feature S-K SuperKrome finish.Description: 3/4"F-1/2"M Drive, AdapterDiameter: 1.38Length: 2.00 Customers also search for: Discount 3/4" Female 1/2" Male Socket Adapter, Buy 3/4" Female 1/2" Male Socket Adapter, Wholesale 3/4" Female 1/2" Male Socket A...

PHTML Encoder 4.2
The PHTML Encoder allows encoding PHP scripts before distributing them. The script code is encrypted before saving. Because PHTML Encoder is a cross-platform product, this software working on ALL computer and server platforms which support PHP. The PHTML Encoder includes console and GUI versions of conver. You can use wildcards to easily convert the whole projects.The PHTML Encoder is transparent to your visitors. It is possible to combine protected and unprotected scripts on one web site. PHTML Encoder has following features in comparison analogous software products: 1. PHTML Encoder...

ISC bind -vs- Microsoft implementation of bind.
Hi, I have been responsible for our dns at where I work for years. We started out using a Vax running Multinet and have migrated to Linux using ISC's bind. I have been asked to justify using bind and why we don't move over to Microsoft. I have looked on the net and the only discussions I see look more like religious wars, I was hoping to find something a little more technical. I have used Microsoft in the past and have had problems. Of course, working at a large company, they would rather hear it from someone else. Can someone point me to some technical comparisons betwe...

Test #9 #6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhw-z7Wco-8 In article <4a903223$0$412$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, "Rosalie Mignon" <rosalie@mignon.biz> wrote: [...] Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2, alt.test Followup-To: alt.test -- John B. Matthews trashgod at gmail dot com <http://sites.google.com/site/drjohnbmatthews> ...

usb 2.0 micromodule
Hi, I will send 16 bit/pixel video data from PC to a FPGA board through USB 2.0 interface. Data should be continuous and stable for accurate frame timing. I would like to ask questions to people who have used USB 2.0 at High Speed (480 Mbit/sec) Can an ordinary (cheap) PC with USB 2.0 supported motherboard send data continously and stable? Windows or Linux are not realtime OSs Can they send data at 480Mbit/sec through USB ? Without dealing with usb internal data structure, headers etc, is it possible to send pure video signal from PC to module? I mean no other information than video.. ...

PGP on Palm OS 5.0 & Tungsten T3?
I would like to get PGP for my Palm, but so far the company isn't very responsive in answering questions, and their website is lacking a lot of detail. Does anyone know if it will work with Snappermail? Neither site mentions the other... Does it work OK on OS 5? Is there any problems with the larger, rotatable screen on the T3? Failing that, has anyone had good luck with any other email solution? I'm find that openPGP and PGP are the only games out there... Thanks! Best of luck! I used to run PGP for Palm 2.x on my Sony Clie NX73V (PalmOS 5.0) and while it ...

[ANN] Stemmer 1.0.1
Hi folks, With thanks to Ray Pereda (who ported the Perl code to Ruby) I have released a Stemmer gem which contains the Porter word stemming algorithm. Both Lucas Carlson and I were using this code in our Bayesian classifier projects, I have used it in another project and I'm sure other people make use of it too. It made sense to Lucas and I to separate it out into a Gem to make it easier for others to use. RubyForge Project: http://rubyforge.org/projects/stemmer/ Instructions: http://stemmer.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?HomePage Regards, Matt -- Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.i...

My Solution to Palm Pilot USB Hot Sync for Red Hat 9
After lots of searching, the solution for getting my Palm m130 to sync to any of the three Handheld programs distributed with RH 9 was simply to type: ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot I strongly encourage anyone to download the new version of J-pilot, http://www.jpilot.org/ That one is my favorite. I gave the guy some money because I am so grateful for never having to boot into Windows again. I also purchased Crossover Office and Crossover Plugin http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/ Mostly, so I could use Quicken (There are still a few bugs, but at least it's functio...

Ruby 1.9 Syntax
A quick Ruby 1.9 question: I know you can now get at Oniguruma's named captures from MatchData objects, but is there a syntax for using them is a sub() replacement string? Thanks. James Edward Gray II Hi, In message "Re: Ruby 1.9 Syntax" on Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:51:44 +0900, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> writes: |A quick Ruby 1.9 question: I know you can now get at Oniguruma's |named captures from MatchData objects, but is there a syntax for |using them is a sub() replacement string? As far as I know, '\k<word>' should...

Free Video Flip and Rotate 1.2.5.1
Free Video Flip and Rotate. Rotate or flip video with one mouse click. Very fast and easy. 7 predefined presets: rotate video 90 CW; rotate video 180; rotate video 90 CCW; flip video horizontal; flip video vertical; flip video vertical and rotate 90 CW; flip video vertical and rotate 90 CCW. This free program contains no spyware or adware. It's clearly free and absolutely safe to install and run. More Info: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-DVD-Player-Software.htm Download URL: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/download/FreeVideoFlipAndRotate.exe Screenshot URL: http://www....

BIND and LDAP
Hello, I'm running FreeBSD and I intend to install the lastest BIND with LDAP support; my confusion is what is the difference between BIND built with the DLZ LDAP driver and BIND built with the 'sdb' (simplified database interface) as built in the dns/bind97-sdb port? If these are two different ways for BIND to use LDAP, which one should I choose? Thanks for any help. ...

[9fans] Xenoppix and Plan 9
As the name (Xenoppix) implies, Plan 9 now runs more independently of underlying hardware. Hope you like it. The announcement: http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-09/msg00463.html The distribution site: http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/xen/index-en.html # and thanks for sokoban :) -- YAMANASHI Takeshi wrote: > As the name (Xenoppix) implies, Plan 9 now runs more > independently of underlying hardware. Hope you like it. This is *REALLY* neat. I think it partly answers the question people kept asking me one year ago, "Why xen?". I can't wait...

I finished Call of Duty (1)
I think I played it in real time. Waved the Red flag from the blownout roof of the Reichstag in a devastated Berlin. Wow, what a game. From the demo to the whole game. What incredible atmospherics. The sounds were awesome, from the crackle of distant gunfire, to the sound of the sniper rifle. It took me almost as long as the war lasted. The game survived a transiton from Win98 to XP. The earliest dated saved game was from Dec. 2003, though some w/o dates precede those. Even the music was great. I sat through all the credits. I guess I just couldn't put up with all that combat at once. It d...

[ANN] Ruby/ZOOM 0.2.1
Hi, I am happy to announce the 0.2.1 release of Ruby/ZOOM. Ruby/ZOOM provides a Ruby binding to the Z39.50 Object-Orientation Model (ZOOM), an abstract object-oriented programming interface to a subset of the services specified by the Z39.50 standard, also known as the international standard ISO 23950. You can get more information from the home page: http://ruby-zoom.rubyforge.org This release fixes a possible crasher when rubyfying the case of options names, discovered and fixed by Pascal Terjan. Enjoy Laurent ...

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Install Fail On Win2k
I am attempting to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) onto my machine running Windows 2000 Professional which, according to Oracle, is a supported configuration. After selecting my installation type, the installer fails with the following error message: "The procedure entry point SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL". From searching the web, I have found comments suggesting that SetHandleContext no longer exists in KERNEL32.DLL on Windows 2000. Is the 9i installer perhaps thinking that I am running NT ? Help in this regard would be greatly app...

Bind 9.2.4 slaving problem [bind 9.2.1 and bind 8.3.3]
Greetings. I have a master name server running BIND 9.2.1 [Debian Woody - server not available on the Internet] and a slave server running bind 9.2.4 [Debian Sarge - not currently available on the Internet] and two others running bind 8.3.3 [Debian Woody - on the Internet]. The 9.2.1 is a master for all the others to slave from. I have an entry in a zone defined on the master as the following: > $ORIGIN example.com. > spamhaus-datafeed IN NS local-rbl-a > spamhaus-datafeed IN NS local-rbl-b When I issue the following command: #> host -t nx spam...

FaceMorpher Web Edition 1.0
If you are in online entertainment, you have probably seen the impressive effect of morphing implemented on human faces. The coolness of the effect depends strongly on the quality of the morph. Morphing the visitor's own face makes by far the strongest impression. Traditionally, transforming human faces required manual work. To obtain a proper transformation, it used to be necessary to manually select facial features on every face, which takes away the fun and degrades the resulting animation quality. FaceMorpher Web Edition obsoletes the manual work and automates face recogni...

AmigaDOS 2.1 Extras needed
I recently upgraded my Amiga 2000 from 1.3 to 2.1, but the AmigaDOS 2.1 Extras disk was corrupt! Can anybody snail-mail me a working copy? Naturally, I'll pay shipping and media cost. Help!!! Willard -- Willard Goosey goosey@sdc.org Socorro, New Mexico, USA "I've never been to Contempt! Isn't that somewhere in New Mexico?" --- Yacko YEs email me. -- ___ / __|__ Burt /Terminator / / / / |_/ www.museum.c64.org / / \ \__|_\ Adoring C= 64 / 128 and \ \/ / \__...

signal processing #9
Hi ! I need to know how can I have the command of "wrap signal" in Matlab ...

X Server Start Error on Mandrake 9.2
Hello, I just installed Mandrake 9.2 on my system and when I try and start X it gives me the following error: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections giving up xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server xinit: No such process (errno 3): server error I checked the X config file and it detected my monitor and graphics card correctly. Everything else on the system seems to work fine including TCP/IP. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7200 The system should boot into run level 5 and run the X login Robin ...

Re: Q on extracting data from a variable #4
Jim, Good point, if it was me personally writing the code I would define the lengths before hand. It is a grand waste of disk and memory space to have varibale that you know are only say a length of 1 that have a length of say 200 on the resulting data set. Toby -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jim Groeneveld Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 10:17 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Q on extracting data from a variable Hi Rahul and Toby, I included an explicit space in the delimiting specification ' -', becau...

AIX 5.1 and Bull Samba 3.x
Ok, I've installed the latest they have available on Bull's website and when I try and run Samba (smbd or any utilities) I get this error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program smbclient because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/lib/libiconv.a(libiconv.so.2) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member libiconv.so.2 is not found in archive I don't have a /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2 -- what lpp is this in? I DO have a /usr/lib/libiconv.a - so should smbd still be complaining!?! Thanks, -Ben Ben Kamen wrote: > > Ok, I've installe...

bind a standalone recordset to a form
Hello All, I am looking to whip a recordset out of thin air through a series of database record manipulation (so there is no physical equivalence to any database entities such as a table or compounded query) and then bind that standalone recordset to a form to display the result of such operations. I could seem to find a good way of doing it, as I try to change the recordsource property of the form with no success. So here is what I have got, Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim rsRecSet As New ADODB.Recordset rsRecSet.Fields.Append "Account ID", adVarChar, 20 ...

RE: Upgrading from 9.8.3 to 9.9.4
> I just remembered there was also the change to the db file > having a default raw format on slaves unless specified. Interesting. I did not notice that when it happened, but now that I look, I see that my slaves indeed have raw format files. Apparently the switch over did not require me to do anything. Tom Schulz Applied Dynamics Intl. schulz@adi.com ...

Bind
MAINCBS -> CALL1S -> CALL2S CALL1S -> CALL3S -> CALL2S CALL1S -> CALL4S CALL1S -> CALL5S -> CALL6S -> CALL3S -> CALL2S MAINCBS is a COBOL program and also a final object to be used. CALL1S thru CALL6S are reusable components. CALL1S calls CALL2S thru CALL5S and so on. if i make changes to CALL4S and CALL2S. For my final compilation unit, i need to compile all the programs in the below order. CALL2S CALL3S CALL6S CALL5S CALL4S CALL1S MAINCBS The above strcuture is simple so i can find the order of comp...