help with warnings and errors..

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve the warnings mentioned below. After a dns check the check ended up with warnings mentioned below.
The refresh and expire I know what does mean but wat is "I zone and which A record" is missing

      errors=2, warnings=3, informational=2

      * domein interpay-test.nl.

      * nameserver ns1.interpay.nl./82.195.51.55

      W SOA refresh (2004062812) > 24 uur (zie RFC1537)

      W SOA expire (864000) <= refresh (2004062812)

      I zone heeft geen A records

      E domein heeft geen MX of A record (TE.6d)

      * extra nameservers

      * nameserver ns2.interpay.nl./82.195.45.55

      W SOA refresh (3600) < 4 uur (zie RFC1537)

      I zone heeft geen A records

      E domein heeft geen MX of A record (TE.6d)

Thanks,

Gianpaolo

0
Gianpaolo
6/29/2004 5:47:05 AM
comp.protocols.dns.bind 16245 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <cbr19t$1ns8$1@sf1.isc.org>,
 Gianpaolo Corona <fam.corona@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can resolve the warnings mentioned below. After a
> dns check the check ended up with warnings mentioned below.
> The refresh and expire I know what does mean but wat is "I zone and which A
> record" is missing

I, W, and E stand for "Informational", "Warning", and "Error".  So the
ones prefixed with "I" aren't really problems, just issues that you
should be aware of.  It's warning you that you don't have an address
record for the domain name itself, e.g.

@ IN A 82.195.51.201

There's no requirement for this record, but it's pretty common to have
it.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Barry

DNS Error Help!
DNS Error Help! Hi, I am strugling with the following issue for the past 4 days with my dialup internet connection. For the past 4 days, when I try open any (valid) web page (after doing a successful internet connection) from my Windows 2000 operating system, the following message is displayed in my Internet Expolrer 6. The page cannot be displayed : : Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Expolrer Also I couldnt retrive or send any emails from my Windows 2000 Outlook Express 6, which says the error message like it couldnt able to connect to the pop3 and smtp servers, even though the internet connection is existing. I didnt do any install/uninstall in my system for the past 3-4 weeks I am having all the latest security updates adviced by microsoft I am having the latest virus update in my Norton Antivirus corporate Edition After the problem occured 1. I re-created my dialup conection and with the new connection also i am getting the same problems. 2. I re-installed the TCP/IP and with the newly installed TCP/IP protocol, i am getting the same problems. 3. I am able to 'ping'/'tracert' all valid IPs 4. But I couldnt be able to ping domain names (eg. www.yahoo.com) 5. When I tried to 'nslookup', it says, it couldnt resolve the names of the DNS IPs provided by the ISP and also not able to locate the default DNS IP. What might be the possibe issue? I request you to help me. Wi...

Bind DNS Help
Hi, First please excuse my lack of understanding towards BIND as it is something I have not had much dealing with in the past. At present we host a number of .co.uk domains, though for these websites we use an external DNS hosting service. From the Internet we can see all our hosted websites without any bother. If we use one of the computers behind our Netgear FS328S firewall/router it correctly looks up the IP address (which obviously points back to our router/firewall) as you would expect. The problem is our router tries to be intelligent and realising the origin of the request is from inside the firewall, points the request at the router itself bringing up a login box for the router and completely ignores the fact that it is web traffic destined for the demilitarized zones web server (the router has a web front end). We haven't found a way of turning this off. This problem results in the world being able to see our hosted websites, but from inside our network all we can see is the router. What we want to do is set up a DNS record to 'mask' the domain names that are affected and to point them to our server internally (this DNS server will be in-house only). I know that if we were to set up a DNS master zone for the 'co.uk' domain, this would solve the problem, but in doing so means that we cannot see other external 'co.uk' domains. In a nutshell - is there a way of using an in-house DNS server to handle specif...

[...]

help for an error warning
Hello, this is the first day I use mutt, and i find problems to store read messages in a mailbox...in fact, the program shows me this error warning: 'couldn' t lock /home/username/mbox?' (mbox is the file name of stored messages, right?)... Could you suggest anything, please? Thanks, ALberto Alberto Mazzocato wrote: > Hello, this is the first day I use mutt, and i find problems to store > read messages in a mailbox. In fact, the program shows me this error > warning: 'couldn' t lock /home/username/mbox?' (mbox is the file name > of stored messa...

[...]

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

BIND 9
Hi BIND gurus, I've just tried using BIND 9 and have noticed something strange. Why is it that everytime my DNS server first sends out a query, the remote DNS server will respond with a format error? After getting the error reply, my server will send another query and this time it gets accepted. dns_client -> dns_server DNS C www.yahoo.com. Internet Addr ? dns_server -> d.gtld-servers.net DNS C www.yahoo.com. Internet Addr ? d.gtld-servers.net -> dns_server DNS R Error: 1(Format Error) dns_server -> d.gtld-servers.net DNS C www.yahoo.com. Internet Addr ? d.gtld-serv...

Re: BIND 9

Compilation Error/Warning
Hello everybody, I am not yet fully comfortable with understanding c++ warnings/error messages. Very recently I have updated my IDE to VC++7.0 (MS.Net 7.0-Enterprise architect) from vc++6. Initially the same code used to compile without any messages. Now the following warning/error messages are appearing. I don't think this it is related some source code of mine. Otherwise I would have pasted the my code here. Feel like it some kind of configuration tweak is necessary to my Makefile. The same messages are appearing for all my *.cpp files. Can you give me a hint on why these are appearin...

Help with DNS error messages
I have a webhosting company IX webhosting.com and they host several of my sites. They are about to relocate all the sites to a new physical location and naturally they didn't plan well enough to make sure the sites stay visible and so this weekend all the sites will crash. What I want to do is try to get them to setup a page on a remote server that simply hosts the error pages. Instead of the idiotic HTML404 error page I want them to post a page that simply tells what is happening and that customers can try again in 2 or 3 days. Naturally their management console allows me to create custom error pages but those will be unavailbale as well as the site so that is not a solution. I am wanting them to designate a location that serves as the backup location for the error pages and have a server that will not be moved hosting the error page. I am certain that the DNS protocol allows companies to move web hosting servers without killing thousands of customer sites if the hosting company does a good job of planning. I just need help telling them how to do it. Thanks George Mizzell In article <fspevr$4tj$1@sf1.isc.org>, "Funwithme" <funwithme@engconcepts.net> wrote: > I have a webhosting company IX webhosting.com and they host several of my > sites. They are about to relocate all the sites to a new physical location > and naturally they didn't plan well enough to make sure the sites stay >...

Re: DNS Error Help!
At 11:02 PM 7/27/2004, R.Padmakumar wrote: >DNS Error Help! > >Hi, > > I am strugling with the following issue for the past 4 days with my >dialup internet connection. > > For the past 4 days, when I try open any (valid) web page (after >doing a successful internet connection) from my Windows 2000 operating >system, the following message is displayed in my Internet Expolrer 6. > The page cannot be displayed > : > : > Cannot find server or DNS Error > Internet Expolrer >=20 >Also I couldnt retrive or send any emails from my Windows 2000 Outlook >Express 6, which says the error message like it couldnt able to >connect to the pop3 and smtp servers, even though the internet >connection is existing. This has nothing to do with BIND. Turn off and disable DNS Client service. Danny >=20 >I didnt do any install/uninstall in my system for the past 3-4 weeks >I am having all the latest security updates adviced by microsoft >I am having the latest virus update in my Norton Antivirus corporate >Edition > >After the problem occured >1. I re-created my dialup conection and with the new connection also i >am getting the same problems. >2. I re-installed the TCP/IP and with the newly installed TCP/IP >protocol, i am getting the same problems. >3. I am able to 'ping'/'tracert' all valid IPs >4. But I couldnt b...

Help with UnboundMethod#bind error
Hi gurus and nubys, I'm having a little problem with unbound methods. I supposed I could unbound a method from Kernel and put it in my own module, but it seems' I'm failing: # this should go in Kernel def met p 'met'+self.to_s end m=Kernel.method( :met).unbind module Mod;end m.bind(Mod) #failing! #but M.kind_of?(Kernel.class) #=>true the error is : Ruby1:13:in `bind': singleton method called for a different object(TypeError) now: I know that Mod is a different object. Anyway MEthod#bind should worry just about obj.class, am I wrong ? Or the problem is ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Custom DNS error with BIND?
Hi, I'm find the way to "custom DNS error with BIND". Below I explained it: It A record not exist => return to one IP to redirect custom error page with apache! Like OpenDNS? Please let me know how to solve this problem...or must edit bind source code? -- Best regards, Mr.Hien E-mail: phanquochien@gmail.com Website: www.mrhien.info ...

Error out instead of warn, i.e. warning('error', id)
In previous versions of Matlab (at least in R2007a), one could set the status of a warning message to be 'error'. This would cause any function encountering that particular warning to error out instead of just issuing a warning. The behavior was undocumented, and apparently has been removed from more recent versions of Matlab. I only recently discovered the error status possibility, but I found this little technique to be very helpful, both to permanently change certain warnings to errors (such as the inexact match error, 'MATLAB:dispatcher:InexactMatch', which used to d...

DNS (and others) errors help please
for a few months now i've been inundated with "server not found", "connection has timed out" and "connection has been reset" errors. in a desperate but futile attempt to correct this, i got a new computer (that didn't have an internal modem), a USB modem and switched ISPs (thinking it might've been on their end) but it's still happening. i've switched off the Windows firewall and any anti-virus stuff. still nothing. it's to the point where it's not like having a connection at all. one idea i'm working on is getting a filter ...

Help required: Warning treated as error
I am trying to build an application with DDK/SDK Wnet in which it is giving a warning which i don't plan to solve. And the linker by default is treating that warning as error and hence not building the application. I know that its possible to make the Compiler not to treat a warning as error by setting the warning level but is it also possible with the Linker in some way. Thanks in Anticipation. On 1 Dec 2004 20:37:21 -0800, "SoftEngi987" <extramail987@yahoo.com> wrote in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32: > I am trying to build an application with DDK...

RE: DNS Error Help! #2
Check the DNS servers for your connection Blaine -----Original Message----- From: paxi_9@yahoo.com [mailto:paxi_9@yahoo.com] Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 1:01 AM To: comp-protocols-dns-bind@isc.org Subject: Re: DNS Error Help! I tried in stopping and disabling the DNS client service and then connected (dialup) to the internet.. but even after that i am facing the same problem (getting "The page cannot be displayed.. Cannot find server or DNS Error" in the Internet explorer) Danny Mayer <mayer@gis.net> wrote in message news:<ce98n7$g3a$1@sf1.isc.org>... > At 11:02 PM 7/27/2004, R.Padmakumar wrote: > >DNS Error Help! > > > >Hi, > > > > I am strugling with the following issue for the past 4 days with my > >dialup internet connection. > > > > For the past 4 days, when I try open any (valid) web page (after > >doing a successful internet connection) from my Windows 2000 operating > >system, the following message is displayed in my Internet Expolrer 6. > > The page cannot be displayed > > : > > : > > Cannot find server or DNS Error > > Internet Expolrer > >=20 > >Also I couldnt retrive or send any emails from my Windows 2000 Outlook > >Express 6, which says the error message like it couldnt able to > >connect to the pop3 and smtp servers, even though the internet > >conne...

Web resources about - help with warnings and errors.. - comp.protocols.dns.bind

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Cyber Safety Warning
Cyber Safety Solutions representative Susan McLean warns those who share or open a Google Drive folder circulating online which contains explicit ...

Darwin mum’s whooping cough warning
A YOUNG Darwin mum whose baby contracted whooping cough two years ago has urged other parents to get their children immunised as the country ...

Photo of son dying in parents' arms latest warning of dangers of meningitis
Photographs of the formerly fit and healthy Mason Timmins are the latest in a harrowing series of images intended to educate of the dangers of ...

Victorian Fires: Emergency warnings downgraded for Somerville, Mount Bolton
Emergency warnings for fires burning at Somerville, on the Mornington Peninsula and at Mount Bolton, north-west of Ballarat, are downgraded. ...

Chicago Weather: Blizzard Warning issued for Kankakee County, northwest Indiana
WLS-TV Chicago Weather: Blizzard Warning issued for Kankakee County, northwest Indiana WLS-TV A winter storm will bring heavy, wet snow and ...

Updates: Tornado warnings in Alabama; new watch issued
AL.com Updates: Tornado warnings in Alabama; new watch issued AL.com 7 p.m.: The National Weather Service in Mobile has gotten a report of ...

Want to talk about trigger warnings?
... Thesis: The idea that your students have guns will have a vastly more chilling effect on academic freedom than people asking for trigger warnings, ...

Warning: Comodo Antivirus included insecure remote tech support tool
A researcher from Google Project Zero discovered a serious security issue with the technical support tools supplied with Comodo software products. ...