Re: http://mydomainname.com instead of http://www.mydomainname.com

look in the archives

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users&m=111229542425372&w=2

and a bunch of other places.

get this book...
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4

Trebek: And the answer is... The word for this garden implement
also means a person of uncertain moral character.
Ken Jennings: What is a ho?
Trebek: (spluttering with involuntary laughter) Rake. Rake

0
Charles
4/11/2005 11:24:04 PM
comp.protocols.dns.bind 16245 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

http://mydomainname.com instead of http://www.mydomainname.com
Hi I am running BIND 8.x on Sun Solaris 8. I have a trivial question. For some reason, I am NOT able to get to http://mydomainname.com <http://mydomainname.com/> from outside or inside but http://www.mydomainname.com <http://www.mydomainname.com/> works fine. I know it is a CNAME issue, so I have my DNS setup like this www IN A IP address mydomainname IN CNAME www When I do nslookup or dig on www.mydomainname.com <http://www.mydomainname.com/> and it returns an IP but when I do it on just mydomainname.com, it returns the IP of my nameserver not my webserver. Can someone please point me in the right direction?. Thx Ragu ...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be st...

SEll Ccv/Dumps MSR ATM/(Y!M:hacking.dumpeu)/+MUCH MORE 100% good Dumps http://dumpeu.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr75-SJuhBQ http://selldumpeu.blogspot.com/ US Dumps(101 Only):
SEll Ccv/Dumps MSR ATM/(Y!M:hacking.dumpeu)/+MUCH MORE 100% good Dumps http://dumpeu.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr75-SJuhBQ http://selldumpeu.blogspot.com/ US Dumps(101 Only): contact yahoo : hacking.dumpeu email : hacking.dumpeu@yahoo.com ICQ : 671903193 US Classic = 30$ US MC Standard = 40$ US Gold = 50$ US Platinum = 80$ US Business/Corporate = 100$ US Purchasing/Signature = 120$ US MC World = 150$ US Infinite= $150 EU Dumps (UK)(201 Available only)(101 out of stock): EU Classic = 40$ EU MC Standard = 50$ EU Gold = 80$ EU Pla...

Re: DNS question http://www.xyz.com
--- procir@gmail.com wrote: > I am setting up some DNS servers running BIND 9.2. How do I setup DNS > so when you are accesing a website you can go to http://xyz.com instead > of going to http://www.xyz.com. Currently the site is accessible by > going to http://www.xyz.com but I want to be able to hit the site > without the www as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in > advance xyz.com does that now, are you shure your hitting the right web server? if your domain is not your own, perhaps you should mention it so that the people of this group will actually be able to taylor a responce to your problem. for example, if your domain is i_am_a_cluless_newbee.argh , and you wish www.i_am_a_cluless_newbee.argh to go to the same ip as i_am_a_cluless_newbee.argh , it can be done with an "A record" -charles Trebek: And the answer is... The word for this garden implement also means a person of uncertain moral character. Ken Jennings: What is a ho? Trebek: (spluttering with involuntary laughter) Rake. Rake in article d2hop3$1m9c$1@sf1.isc.org, Charles Cala at charles_cala@yahoo.com wrote on 3/31/05 12:52 PM: > > --- procir@gmail.com wrote: >> I am setting up some DNS servers running BIND 9.2. How do I setup DNS >> so when you are accesing a website you can go to http://xyz.com instead >> of going to http://www.xyz.com. Currently the site is accessible by >> going to http:...

Re: DNS question http://www.xyz.com #2
--- Greg Jackson <procir@gmail.com> wrote: > sorry did mean to get your PANTIES all up in a twist You must have me confused with some one else, today I�m freebagging. >(or maybe its that time of the month for you) Its about 10pm here, it happens every day, not every month� > about using xyz.com but I like your > reference to i_am_cluless_newbee.argh. Thats pretty funny Chuckie Glad your amused, when I am referring to newsgroups in documentation, I use alt.sex.hello-kitty . > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:58:05 -0500, Greg Jackson <procir@gmail.com> wrot...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/

Your win 10,000$ in my groups Pls register your name and address in below of the website http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ #2

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ #3
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ ...

Beware of http://vuescan.com/ not-equal http://hamrick.com/
Personally I do not believe that their domain name was selected independently of "our" Vuescan... But I might be wrong. Could someone shed some light here: Legitimate name or a scavenger hoping that someone would type in vuescan.com (by mistake) and will see their products? This seems to be a very common practice recently. Most notably for a long time adobe.com was not identical to www.adobe.com. Thomas > Most notably for a long time adobe.com was not identical to > www.adobe.com. > > Thomas Sorry Thomas, but www.adobe.com is the same domain regi...

http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/
http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ ...

http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/
http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ ...

http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/
http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ ...

http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/
http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ ...

Re: http://www.privatephone.com/
I'm pretty happy with it. Free voicemail! No arguments from me. I used j2 previously, but they have a limit on how many messages/faxes you can get a month. On 2006-07-06, NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us <NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us> wrote: > I saw their ad on TV. > They give you a free voice mail account. > You can access messages by phone or 'net. > Most interestting fo their TOS is: > 6.4 Downloads. Provider may from time to time download and install > software, including additional Software or third party software, to > your computer while ...

http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ #2
http://dnaparticulars.blogspot.com/ http://tamilcinima-hotnews.blogspot.com/ ...

Re: http://www.privatephone.com/ #2
Old thread I know, but I wanted to say that I like OneSuite.com too. They always seem to outdue their competitors in rates and service. I tried another long-distance company a few months ago and pretty much immediately went back to OneSuite. They have been around for longer than most companies, and that alone speaks volumes. Anna ...

Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs.
Superboer said: > > well i do not know which idiot came up with SOA > (Service-Oriented Architecture) > > in dutch soa is short for sexual overdraagbare aandoening... > > sex disease..... > > they offer their customers a soa??? > > WOEHA.. Yep, via a poxy server. :o) -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien ` dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche did i mention i like nulls? heck, i even go so far as to say that all columns in a table except the primary key could/should be nullable. this...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs.
Martin Fuerderer wrote: > Hi everyone, > > one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > > > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > ^^^^ > |||| > please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead > quote it like this: > > http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > > The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, > to which an original HTTP request without...

Re: How Come www Has Number as in http://www31.website.com?
In article <telecom24.441.14@telecom-digest.org> you write: > How come I saw some web site has some number after www, how can they do > that? > i.e. http://www31.website.com, http://www52.website.com It's just a name, which can be anything the site owner wants. The www prefix is a convention but there's no technical requirement that a site have www in its name. When you see sites named wwwNN, that invariably means that they have a bunch of web servers sharing the load, and when you first visit the site as www.example.com, it redirects you to one of the ...

Re: http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php
=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter_e@gmx.net]=20 > Sent: 12 October 2003 14:02 > To: PostgreSQL Development > Subject: [HACKERS] http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php >=20 > I've always been uneasy about the notice at the end of the=20 > installation process that asks the user to register at >=20 > http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php >=20 > Now some users have also complained to me about that, so I'm=20 > wondering what others think about it. >=20 > First, I think collecting addre...

e-BizPhones.com, http://www.e-bizphones.com/site_map , Business Telephones and other Telecom Equipment.
Welcome to e-BizPhones e-BizPhones buys and sells Business Telephones and other telecom equipment from industry leaders around the World. Our two warehouses are stocked with names like...Nortel, Avaya, Lucent, AT&T, NEC, Toshiba, Panasonic, Vodavi, Comdial, and many others! e-BizPhones also carries Music on Hold, Conferencing, Headsets, Cabling, and other accessories. All products come standard with a One Year Warranty, backed by same day shipping! We can even recommend a certified installer in your area to assist with your new purchase. If you are searching for a specific p...

e-BizPhones.com, http://www.e-bizphones.com/site_map , Business Telephones and other Telecom Equipment.
Welcome to e-BizPhones e-BizPhones buys and sells Business Telephones and other telecom equipment from industry leaders around the World. Our two warehouses are stocked with names like...Nortel, Avaya, Lucent, AT&T, NEC, Toshiba, Panasonic, Vodavi, Comdial, and many others! e-BizPhones also carries Music on Hold, Conferencing, Headsets, Cabling, and other accessories. All products come standard with a One Year Warranty, backed by same day shipping! We can even recommend a certified installer in your area to assist with your new purchase. If you are searching for a spec...

MBT Shoes,Timberland Shoes | jialiuonline.com, Cheap MBT shoes (http://www.jialiuonline.com)
NIKE SHOES UGG BOOT ,timberland Cl shoes-- http://www.jialiuonline.com buy UGG Boot,Timberland,Edhardy shoes,Gucci shoes (paypal payment free shipping) MBT Shoes,Timberland Shoes | jialiuonline.com, Cheap MBT shoes (http://www.jialiuonline.com) cheap UGG boot,timberland shoes,bape shoes,prada shoes,gucci ...

Web resources about - Re: http://mydomainname.com instead of http://www.mydomainname.com - comp.protocols.dns.bind

mydomainname.com: The Leading My Domain Name Site on the Net
mydomainname.com has been connecting our visitors with providers of Cheap Internet, Computer Careers, Computer Monitoring and many other related ...

Asset Domains (@assetdomains) on Twitter

盘点SQL Server 2014不为人知的新特性_开发/数据库_IT专家网 开发/数据库
数据库子站,提供数据库管理软件优质技术信息的领先在线资源,是数据库管理员、开发人员和负责决策制定的 IT 经理人至关重要的社区。我们提供具有特色的、全面的内容,包括专家答疑、讨论论坛、白皮书、原创的行业新闻、评论分析以及技术技巧等。还有众多国内外数据库专家定期为我们的网友在线答疑,让我们的沟通学习更为方便。 ...

Backlash rising against second level .uk domains
Existing .uk domain owners upset about plans for second level domains. Earlier this month I reported about .uk registry Nominet and its plan ...

Is Nominet's .uk proposal a tax on the digital economy?
... .co.uk domain, they should get first dibs on the .uk version. But no, this isn't what Nominet are proposing. According to Edwin at mydomainnames.co.uk: ...

WordPress Tutorial – How to Install WordPress
Now you are ready to install a CMS (content management system) onto your web host. In this case we are using WordPress. In Fantasico you can ...

Parse Partners with Twilio and Mailgun for the Release of Cloud Modules
The launch of Cloud Code was very well received and we’ve been hard at work improving the product every day. We recently released two highly ...

Fibre Channel Reconnaissance - Reloaded - Internet Security - SANS ISC
SANS Internet Storm Center - A global cooperative cyber threat / internet security monitor and alert system. Featuring daily handler diaries ...