add principal to kerberos with ldap backend

 Hi everyone,
sorry if mu question is dump, but I can't find answer in documentation. I
setup and running MIT Kerberos 1.6 with LDAP backend and can add principals
with kadmin tool. Now I need a solution (if it's possible) to add principal
directly to LDAP, but can't find info how to create ldif file, especially for
values of krbPrincipalKey and krbExtraData. Is anyone know how these fields
are constructed ?

--

Nikolai Tenev
Hosting Systems Support Engineer

ntenev (2)

<200705151218.29970.ntenev@orbitel.bg>, Nikolai Tenev <ntenev@orbitel.bg>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> sorry if mu question is dump, but I can't find answer in documentation. I
> setup and running MIT Kerberos 1.6 with LDAP backend and can add principals
> with kadmin tool. Now I need a solution (if it's possible) to add principal
> directly to LDAP, but can't find info how to create ldif file, especially
> for
> values of krbPrincipalKey and krbExtraData. Is anyone know how these fields
> are constructed ?

It is not possible to add the krbPrincipalKey attribute through a
LDIF file. The format of the value for this attribute is described in
in the schema file(kerberos.ldif)
krbExtraData is a multivalued octet string attribute. Each value
contains a type and value. Currently only a single value is stored.
First 16 bits has 0x0002 for the value type. Next 32 bits has the
entry creation/modification time (time since the Epoch
(00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970), measured in seconds)
in little endian format. This is followed by the name of the
principal modifying the entry.

-Savitha

rsavitha (3)