can keytab created on Linux KDC be used when using windows KDC ?

Hi all,

I am trying interoperablity between linux machines using windows KDC.

I have a question regarding the keytab file usage.  Assuming that I
create keytab file using Linux
KDC for a client called "test.kerberos.com" in the realm "KERBEROS.COM"

Can I use the same keytab for the linux machine when it uses windows as
KDC ? Has anybody tried this ? Is it possible ? If not possible, can
you please explain why it is not possible ?

Does windows KDC and Linux use different methods to create keytab ?

- Sandy.

Automating keytab creation when using windows 2003 KDC and linux clients
Hi all, I am using windows 2003 Domain controller as KDC and I am using linux machines. The steps what I have followed to make these linux machines to use windows 2003 server are as follows: 1. Configured windows 2003 as domain controller, added the linux machines as users. 2. Generated keytab files using ktpass tool. 3. Tested the gss server and gss client communication. It works fine. I notice that I had to add the linux mahines as users, generate seperate keytab files for each account and copy those on to the linux machines. The problem is it requires as lot of manual stuffs to do. I am looking in to how to automate this procedure. Could you please suggest how to go about it ? Could you please let me know if this is the standard method of doing it as of now ? Are there any other methods ? I am really aiming at automating this procedure as it will be difficult to configure non windows systems which act as application servers and if they are large in number. Could you please let me know your suggestions ? - Sandy. Instead of using ktpass on the kdc you can do all directly from the Unix system, by using tools like net ads join from samba. (Keep in mind that you need to authenticate to the kdc to create accounts and if you automate this completly (e.g. with a hardcoded password) the password will be known at some point and may compromise your overall security) See also my response from November http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2005-November/008836.html Ma...

Using SSO with Windows 2000 KDC using JAAS krb5LoginModule
Hi, I am currently working on a module which will use the credentials cache of Windows machine and authenticate the user using Krb5LoginModule. I have all the related information in bits and pieces and I want to create an application using this. Does any one have a sample code which does the similar thing? I have the sampleserver code with me and that runs fine. But it requires me to input the username and password to the application. I want to omit this step and use the username/password in the credentials cache to create a security context. Any help like code, pointers or steps will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Shadab Shah Senior Member of Technical Staff Persistent Systems Pvt Ltd. Direct: +91 20 3987 1711 Visit us at www.persistentsys.com <http://www.persistentsys.com/> Persistent Systems -Software Development Partner for Competitive Advantage. Persistent Systems provides custom software product development services. With over 15 years, 140 customers, and 700 release cycles experience, we deliver unmatched value of higher quality, faster time to market and lower total costs. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos You can refer to Java GSS tutorials which includes sample code: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/index.html Check out the JavaOne 2005 Security Lab which also includes sample code: 13...

"Keytab extraction using krb5_set_password() from windows KDC"
Hi all, I am working on implementing kerberos on an embedded device. I am aiming at using "windows 2000 server as KDC" . Please note that I had to add host names as users, generate seperate keytab files for each account and copy those on to the target. The problem is it requires as lot of manual stuffs to do. I am looking in to how to automate this procedure. I queried earlier regarding this and got replies which were of good help to me. I am trying to use the netjoin reference code given by Microsoft which is written by M Moeller. In earlier replies I got reply whose link is given below: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.kerberos/browse_thread/thread/ 2b856ea605b5a64f/f12f4b8734a9d9cc?q=sandypossible&rnum=3#f12f4b8734a9d9cc The summary of the reply was create the account manually on the windows AD. Then use the kerberos APIs such as change_password() to extract the key. I am trying this approach and I am able to extract the key in to keytab file. Steps followed: 1) Created manually the host name "test" account under "users". Using the ktpass, mapped the host name "test" to the MIT kerberos format with out extracting the key to the keytab file.( This I did by following the reply from the kerberos group ). -> ktpass -princ host/test.kerberos.com@KERBEROS.COM -mapuser test -pass passwd 2) Got the TGT for the Administrator of the domain on the target. and then used the set_password() function which extracta the ...

what languages are compiled on both windows and linux and can be used to create dlls
Hi all a question I wanted to ask is: what languages are compiled on both windows and linux and can be used to create a dll? And also, is it even possible to create a dll with a language that is not compiled, such as Javascript? (I didn't think it was, thus above question). Thanks in advance, S Claus <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: > Hi all > > a question I wanted to ask is: > > what languages are compiled on both windows and linux and can be used > to create a dll? Common Lisp (eg. ecl at http://ecls.sourceforge.net and Franz Common Lisp at ...

Automating configuration while using windows 2003 KDC and linux clients
Hi all, I am using windows 2003 Domain controller as KDC and I am using linux machines. The steps what I have followed to make these linux machines to use windows 2003 server are as follows: 1. Configured windows 2003 as domain controller, added the linux machines as users. 2. Generated keytab files using ktpass tool. 3. Tested the gss server and gss client communication. It works fine. I notice that I had to add the linux mahines as users, generate seperate keytab files for each account and copy those on to the linux machines. The problem is it requires as lot of manual stuffs to do. I am looking in to how to automate this procedure. Could you please suggest how to go about it ? Could you please let me know if this is the standard method of doing it as of now ? Are there any other methods ? I am really aiming at automating this procedure as it will be difficult to configure non windows systems which act as application servers and if they are large in number. Could you please let me know your suggestions ? - Sandy. sandypossible@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I am using windows 2003 Domain controller as KDC and I am using linux > machines. The steps what I have followed to make these linux machines > to use windows 2003 server are as follows: > 1. Configured windows 2003 as domain controller, added the linux > machines as users. > 2. Generated keytab files using ktpass tool. > 3. Tested the gss server and gss client communication. It works ...

Can I use executables built using Appbuilder (windows version) on Linux with installed runtime engine?
Hi, I need to develop test routines for an ATE tester running Linux OS that does not have LabVIEW installed. I will be building my project using a windows version of LabVIEW&nbsp;and build executables using the appbuilder. Can I use these executables that I built in windows&nbsp; assuming I installed the correct runtime engine in the linux platform? FYI, I need to develop the test routines on an IMS Vanguard 500 ATE. Thanks. ...

Linux Tablets Use Texas Instruments Chips (Which Windows{r} Can't Use)

If you used to use Windows or now used Windows less because of FreeBSD why?
For a Graduation Project, I am comparing Open-Source software to Propetarity Software. So if you used to use Windows or now use Windows less, why do you use FreeBSD more now? Yes, I know I asked a question like this before, but forgot to ask this one. ;). I continue to use windows on the desktop because of certain apps and games that only run on windows. Making the switch to another platorm is not a priority. I am quite good with windows security and other platforms offer no functionality that windows lacks, in my instance. I recently began utilizing freebsd for some of my services, along with my windows server. I use mysql and postfix on freebsd. I have lately been experimenting with linux, but the lack of sata support is inhibiting progress. I am patiently awaiting the next release of debian, my favorite distro so far. As a libertarian, I am quite fond of open-source ideals. A few points on linux and freebsd: The freebsd packages collection, I feel, is lacking. I really think some improvements need to be addressed to accomodate users that prefer binary implementation. For example, smb client support is broken in the binary implementations of xfce4 and gnome2. Freebsd-update is a huge leap forward, as far as updates are concerned. The freebsd installer is far superior to any other I have ever used. I can install freebsd and apply binary security updates in less than ten minutes on a p2-300. Debian installation is a c...

XP Workstation logging into Windows 2000/2003 AD Domain using MIT Kerberos KDC
I am pretty new to Kerberos so I may mess up the terminology. We have had a couple of people attempt what I am describing below and we have failed so far. I just wanted to consult the group with the basic "is this possible" question first, then expand on to broader questions like "who has done it" and "how is it done" We have a student lab of Windows XP computers and we want the students to have to authenticate to use them. We have an MIT Kerberos KDC that "knows" all the students but we do not want the MIT KDC to have to know each and every XP workstation. We would like to set up a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000 if that makes a difference) AD Domain Controller that the students log into, but we ant that AD Domain controller to contact the MIT KDC for authentication purposes. If we have to create explicit user accounts for each student in the Windows Active Directory Domain we will, but if we could map them all to a single account that would also be good. In other words, we are willing to let the MIT KDC talk to the Windows AD Domain Controller, not all the workstations. We want the XP workstations to contact the Windows Domain Controller and have the Windows Domain COntroller touch base with the MIT KDC to authenticate them. I have set up a Windows Server 2003 AD Domain controller, It is all working well from a DNS point of view. It is actually talking to the MIT KDC but so far all I have gotten is Windows error from the tickets ...

If you used Windows before, why did you switch or now use Linux more?
For a Graduation Project, I am comparing Open-Source software to Propetarity Software. So if you used to use Windows or now use Windows less, why do you use Linux more now? On 2005-10-11, Adam McCarthy <anonymous@privacy.net.invalid> wrote: > > So if you used to use Windows or now use Windows less, why do you use > Linux more now? Because Linux sucks less. What specifically are you looking for here? --keith -- kkeller-usenet@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us (try just my userid to email me) AOLSFAQ=http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom see X- headers for PGP signature...

using NAT Router, can't block gmail, can I use Linux box instaed of NAT Router?
using NAT Router for small office, can't block gmail, can I use Linux box to block gmail (all web based e-mails) instead of NAT Router to do block, will it support?. Thanks santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote: > using NAT Router for small office, can't block gmail, can I use Linux > box to block gmail (all web based e-mails) instead of NAT Router to do > block, will it support?. Thanks If you need to allow other Web traffic, you're OOL. The webmails are just web pages and they cannot easily be distinguished from valid web traffic by the firewall. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voi...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter Britz Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: > I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract > a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, > > plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 > > but gnuplot complains > > Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] > > although the data file contains > > 1 1 > 2 2 > 3 3 > 4 4 > 5 5 > You´ve set an xrange that ends between one and two. On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:46:37 +0200, Karl wrote: > Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: >> I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from >> col. 2. I tried, in a test script, >> >> plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 >> >> but gnuplot complains >> >> Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjus...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

Can i use malloc function while using DLL created from C program
Hi, I have written a simple program in C , which uses malloc function for allocating memory for the array.When iam calling that DLL using call library function node in labview, it is not giving any output, my doubt is can we use malloc function in C program from which we will create DLL and is called in labview? I am attaching my C code and DLL and also labview file please tell me where i am doing wrong?Thanks &amp; Regards,Vishnu first.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/313030/1/first.zip Hi Vishnu, There's no problem using the Malloc function in C and call it as a DLL in...

Can I write an application using Windows and Linux?
I am looking to write an application and am wondering exactly how to accomplish its automation process. If my perl application starts on a windows os and then accomplishes its goal sending its output to a mysql server on a different machine. Can I then grab this data on the mysql server from a completely seperate linux machine (running Fedora)? So thats three seperate systems all networked together (Windows machine, Fedora Core Machine, and machine solely running MySQl Server). I'm almost positive (please correct me if Im wrong) the application will be able to store data from the Windows machine to the MySQL Sever machine, and the Linux machine will be able to retrieve this data once in the MySQL database. However, how would I automate the linux machine to automatically pick the data up when the windows machine is done writing its Filehandle to the MySQL Sever?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your expertise. Chris Chris L. wrote: > However, how would I automate the linux machine to automatically pick > the data up when the windows machine is done writing its Filehandle to > the MySQL Sever?? One machine needs to "talk" to the other. This is called "interprocess communication" - you can read all about it at perldoc perlipc Chris L. wrote: > I am looking to write an application and am wondering exactly how to > accomplish its automation process. > If my perl application starts on a windows os and then acc...

when I use COM Builder to create a com object with event, how can i use it in Visual C++?
For example,I use the follow matlab code to build a com object. How can I use event in Visual c++ to tell the client that the calculating progress. function [out]=calsomething(in) %function [out]=calsomething(in) for i=1:10000 progress(i); end function []=progress(i) %#event i; crackstone wrote: > > > For example,I use the follow matlab code to > build a com object. How can I use event in Visual c++ to tell the > client that the calculating progress. > > function [out]=calsomething(in) > %function [out]=calsomething(in) > for i=1:10000 > progress(i); > e...

Linux shitware: victim can use CD/DVD drive once, then reboot required to use it again
"Can use exactly one CD/DVD per boot Please help. I've been searching and searching (must not be figuring out the right search terms) and I can't find a solution to my issue. The problem is that I can only use one CD or DVD per boot. Example: - reboot - open DVD drive tray - insert disc - use disc normally - eject disc - close empty tray - now, I can NEVER get the tray to open again until I reboot, hardware eject button on drive doesn't work, can't get the eject command to work I've tried variations of the eject command: - eject - eject -r /dev/sr0 - sudo eject -r /dev/sr0 - eject -r - gksudo eject /dev/cdrom1 - gksudo eject /dev/sr0 I really find it inconvenient to have to reboot in order to be able to insert more than one CD or DVD into the drive. I'm hoping someone out there has the solution. Thanks in advance for your help." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2066997 I have the solution: slick that shitware off your computer, and install Windows 7. DFS wrote: > "C > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2066997/ubuntu_linux_being_attacked_by_paid_trolls_in_comp.os.linux.advocacy_from_Burson_Marstelar > > > I have the solution: slick that shitware off your computer, and install > Windows 7. Online Micorshaft and Appil shitware promotion troll DFS offers advise. Quit whining with repost of cop...

kinit request on keytab fails using 2K3sp1 KDC
Hello, I am testing a keytab obtained from a Windows 2003 Server (sp1) prior to configuring mod_auth_kerb. I have used the following command to generate a keytab on the KDC; ktpass -mapuser intsvcuser@smg.plc.uk -princ HTTP/connect.smg.plc.uk@SMG.PLC.UK +DesOnly -pass userspassword -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -crypto DES-CBC-MD5 -out "c:\krb5.keytab" The *nix server is running Solaris 9 with MIT krb5-1.4.3. I have transfered the keytab to /etc/krb5.keytab. When I run ; #/usr/local/bin/kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab HTTP/connect.smg.plc.uk@SMG.PLC.UK I get the following error; kinit(v5): Preauthentication failed while getting initial credentials I am able to obtain a ticket directly from the kdc using #./kinit DavidTelfer@SMG.PLC.UK which would indicate that the problem wasn't a clock slew error (I haven't seen an error of this nature appear with this version of krb so I'm not sure whether it would explicitly state this). From reading a few mailing list posts I have discovered some people having issues with ktpass on service pack 1. One such post; http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.kerberos/browse_thread/thread/1c991fa1b6ea4ef8/3da9428688c66d72%233da9428688c66d72 details a similar problem I have followed the advice given, ensuring that the kvno's match and changing the system users password prior to generating the keytab but to no avail. My /etc/krb5.conf file is as follows (I've removed every non-essential entry to ...

can i use l2tp protocol to connect vnp in linux
i use Fedoracore thx! because of i find many website only teach how to connect with pptp how can i connect with l2tp? thanks! ...

Linux crapware: "no use to buy good motherboard if I can't use it"
"I have to turn off compiz, to be able to launch thunderbird. It's a shame that I can't have compiz. It's no use to buy good motherboard if we can't use it." #367 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1135055&highlight=freeze&page=37 Linux degrades your standards and ruins your hardware and software computing experience. On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:55:08 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I have to turn off compiz, to be able to launch thunderbird. It's a > shame that I can't have compiz. It's no use to buy good motherboard if > we can...

Is there a free and universal dbms with SQL to use in a web environment, windows 98, linux, easy to use?
the question is in the subject. Hi Fedor Fedor schrieb: > the question is in the subject. Have a look on firebird.sourceforge.net I've used this DBMS in one of my last projects (about 350 GB of data per year data troughput in the database) with good experiences. -- Mit freundlichen Gr��en / Best regards Michael Gast SEPP MED GmbH All emails sent to this address are never read and never will be answered. Sorry, but until someone cleans up the spam mess, that's the way it has to be. E-Mails, die direkt an diese Adresse geschickt werden, lese und beantworte ich nicht. Ich bedauere diesen Umstand sehr, kenne derzeit aber keine bessere M�glichkeit, um die Spam-Flut abzustellen. "Fedor" <thmulder@ddd.nl> wrote in message news:1073981594.234994@waldorf.isd-holland.nl... > the question is in the subject. You might look into one of the dbmses out there written in Java like FirstSQL/J. Fedor <thmulder@ddd.nl> wrote in message news:<1073981594.234994@waldorf.isd-holland.nl>... > the question is in the subject. I guess the first suggestion would be MySQL which you might already be familiar with. Or Matisse. There is a listing of some 'Other' Databases on this page which you might find useful :- http://www.databaseanswers.com/other_databases.htm Good luck Barry Williams ...

[News] VoIP Startup Uses Linux; Truphone Uses Linux
Mobile Phones VoIP services start-up uses Open-Source Technology ,----[ Quote ] | Recently, I came across a start-up company offering VoIP services for | mobile phones. Apparently, they have built the service using almost | exclusively open-source technology, such as Asterisk PBX, Debian | GNU/Linux and MySQL. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/85666/index.html There's also this one: ,----[ Quote ] | Truphone is the world's first software only network operator - the few | pieces of hardware we need we buy online from the same well-known | manufacturers as everyone else. No...

RE: kinit request on keytab fails using 2K3sp1 KDC
David, The easiest solution to this problem is to use the ktpass which was shipped with Windows 2003, and not the one with SP1. Alternatively, you can use one of the many tools available that replace the need for ktpass, and use computer accounts for key storage. These tools do not suffer from the same issues as ktpass. It seems that the sp1 version of ktpass stores a key with a specific kvno in the keytab file, and the kvno in the domain controller for the same principal is different. This is why you cannot use the keytab file to authenticate. Thanks, Tim -----Original Message----- From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces@mit.edu] On Behalf Of David Telfer Sent: 22 March 2006 17:09 To: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: kinit request on keytab fails using 2K3sp1 KDC Hello, I am testing a keytab obtained from a Windows 2003 Server (sp1) prior to configuring mod_auth_kerb. I have used the following command to generate a keytab on the KDC; ktpass -mapuser intsvcuser@smg.plc.uk -princ HTTP/connect.smg.plc.uk@SMG.PLC.UK +DesOnly -pass userspassword -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -crypto DES-CBC-MD5 -out "c:\krb5.keytab" The *nix server is running Solaris 9 with MIT krb5-1.4.3. I have transfered the keytab to /etc/krb5.keytab. When I run ; #/usr/local/bin/kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab HTTP/connect.smg.plc.uk@SMG.PLC.UK I get the following error; kinit(v5): Preauthentication failed while getting initial credentials I am able to obtain a ticket directly ...

Problem with KDC on Windows and kerberos client on redhat-linux-9
Once I installed both KDC and client on redhat linux-9 and tested.It worked well. Then I installed KDC on a windows machine and changed domain,realm,my host name in configuration files: /etc/krb5.conf,/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf. many principal* files were existing as before in /var/kerberos/krb5kdc directory. I created principal on windows machine with ktpass with options pass/,princ/,ptype/ out/ etc.I copied .keytab file generated by out/ option of ktpass to /etc/krb5.keytab file on my redhat9 client machine. then I ran kadmin -p princ.kadmin I got error:"kadmin: Client not found in Kerberos database while initializing kadmin interface" Can any one help kindly? B.M. ________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Have you read the Windows Kerberos Interop doc? : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/kerbstep.asp I followed these steps and I could retrieve tickets on a Linux box from a Windows 2000 KDC and use them against Kerberized services on my Linux box. On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 03:34, Murugan wrote: > Once I installed both KDC and client on redhat > linux-9 and tested.It worked well. > Then I installed KDC on a windows machine...

Web resources about - can keytab created on Linux KDC be used when using windows KDC ? - comp.protocols.kerberos

Runs created - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With regard to an offensive player, the first key question is how many runs have resulted from what he has done with the bat and on the basepaths. ...

Lexus Promotes 2014 Lexus IS With #LexusInstafilm, Created With Photos By Instagram Users
... in Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., to promote the 2014 Lexus IS in a unique way by creating what it called “the first collaboratively created ...

I am Colin's mom, I created this page... - Happy Birthday Colin - Facebook
I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities,... ...

Facebook allows targeting on page-created events
... to have a ladies’ night event, they could properly target so only women could see the event page. This capability is only for events created ...

PDF (file format) : How was the PDF format created?
Answer (1 of 6): I was there for the whole thing. It was the 90's and Adobe was doing well. In addition to the Systems department which handled ...

DrawTo - Send and receive drawings seeing as they are created on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about DrawTo - Send and receive drawings seeing as they are created. ...

The iconic statue of a knotted gun barrel outside U.N. headquarters was created by Swedish artist Fredrik ...
Rights Groups Warn Against Diluted Arms Trade Treaty By Tressia Boukhors UNITED NATIONS, Feb 18, 2012 (IPS) - After a week of tense negotiations, ...

Bad News Barrett Interview: Cody Rhodes created my gimmick, will BNB win the WWE title? more - YouTube ...
twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet 3-time Emmy winning Entertainment Reporter Chris Van Vliet from CBS-19 chats with Bad News Barrett in Cleveland. He ...

IMF warns GCC countries of $175 billion hole created by falling oil prices
The IMF believes that lower oil prices could knock nearly 1 percentage point off economic growth rates in GCC countries.

Video: How one team created a VR documentary in South Sudan
Video shot/edited by Nathan Fitch. (video link) Managing civil war, excruciating heat, and a ton of GoPro cameras—these were just a few of the ...