Cannot contact any KDC for realm

During boot of my system (Debian Wheezy) k5start is invoked to supply a
ticket for accessing the AD DC by nslcd. However, during boot it fails:

k5start: error getting credentials: Cannot contact any KDC for realm
'MY.AD.REALM'

If I restart k5start using the very same init script once the system is
up and running everything works nicely.

On another system I neither have any issues using a similar boot stack.

What exactly does this message want to tell me, i.e. where do I start
troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help,
  - lars.
0
Lars

AD KDC - msktutil
Hi, I have this error (see subject) when using msktutil. Any idea what's wrong with my setup? (I've replaced hostnames and OU structure) /etc/krb5.conf (part) ========== [libdefaults] default_realm = EXAMPLE.ORG dns_lookup_realm = false dns_lookup_kdc = true ticket_lifetime = 24h renew_lifetime = 7d forwardable = true [realms] EXAMPLE.ORG = { default_domain = msnet.railb.be kdc = ictdc01.example.org admin_server = ictdc01.example.org admin_keytab = FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab } [domain_realm] .example.org = EXAMPLE.ORG example.org = EXAMPLE.ORG msktutil --create -h ts...

Cannot contact any KDC in realm
Dear Team, I am trying to connect a remote machine (using kerberos authentication) using ssh. But , I cannot able to connect the machine. It is the below ssh trace. OpenSSH_6.2p2, OSSLShim 0.9.8r 8 Dec 2011 debug1: Reading configuration data /Users/bharathi/.ssh/config debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 17: Applying options for * debug1: Connecting to 192.168.15.14 [192.168.15.14] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /Users/bharathi/.ssh/id_rsa type -1 debug1: identity file /Users...

Cannot contact any KDC for the requested realm
Hi, I'm having trouble with the kerberos server again... When I request a tgt or something for the first time it always gives me the "Cannot contact any KDC for the requested realm", but if i make the same request again (after a sec), all is fine. Do you know of anything that can cause this? Thanks. You do not have a REALM entry in your krb5.conf file for the realm you are attempting to contact, so DNS is being used. But the local DNS server does not have the data and must propagate a query. The network has a long propagation delay and therefore the Kerberos client times o...

Help: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm
Hi, I use mod_auth_kerb in Apache for SSO. Here's auth_kerb.conf contents. LoadModule auth_kerb_module modules/mod_auth_kerb.so <Location /opendcim> SSLRequireSSL AuthType Kerberos AuthName "Kerberos Login" KrbMethodNegotiate On KrbMethodK5Passwd On KrbAuthRealms FOOBAR.COM KrbVerifyKDC On Krb5KeyTab /etc/httpd/HTTP-ibm-x3250m3-2.foobar.com.keytab require valid-user </Location> And here's /etc/krb5.conf: [logging] default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmi...

Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm (error 156)
Hi, I am new to Kerberos. I have set up the Kerberos server on a Linux box. The KDC and Kadmin deamons are running. I have also downloaded Kerberos for Windows on another machine running Windows XP and am trying to login to the KDC and get tickets using Leash. But when I try to login I get the following error message Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm (error 156) Can somebody please help me with the problem. Thanks, Dominic ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Did y...

Error: krb5_set_password_using_ccache failed (Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm)
Hi All, I am having a problem getting a fresh Centos 6.2 machine to join our AD domain. I have installed a base machine with minimal server profile in centos. Its running the krb5-workstation that comes with centos krb5-workstation-1.9-22.el6_2.1.x86_64. We are running a windows 2008 r2 AD cluster with windows 7 and windows xp clients. Long term is to get this working for squid authentication. klist: [root@squid-k net]# klist Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0 Default principal: asdwyer@OURCOMPANY.EXAMPLE Valid starting Expires Service principal 03/08/12 14:56:01 03/09/1...

Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials
Hi all, I'm having a very strange problem below that I cannot figure out. Any advice would be great to hear. First a block showing the problem, then a block showing that a different machine works perfectly fine (and others I've tested but not showing here for briefness). Basically, the master KDC, rcf-kdc1.foo.com, can't seem to do jack. ============================================================ rcf-kdc1# grep hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf hosts: files dns rcf-kdc1# rcf-kdc1# cat /etc/krb5.conf [libdefaults] default_realm = RCF.FOO.COM forwardable = yes ticket...

MIT Kerberos: Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm
Hi: I've been having a hard time getting MIT Kerberos up and running on solaris 10. The latest of my problems is this error when i run kinit from the KDC. dsldap01$ /krb5/bin/kinit rob/admin@alezeo.com kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm alezeo.com while getting initial credentials This sounds like a DNS problem, but I don't think it is. dsldap01$ host -t A dsldap01.alezeo.com dsldap01.alezeo.com has address 10.93.120.72 Also in my hosts file: 127.0.0.1 localhost 10.93.120.72 dsldap01.alezeo.com dsldap01 loghost Here is my krb5.conf ...

"Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm" when using ldapsearch
I'm trying to configure Kerberos authentication with OpenLDAP. kinit appears to work fine. However, I get this when using ldapsearch: $ ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldap.endoframe.net -b dc=endoframe,dc=net SASL/GSSAPI authentication started ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2) additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm) krb5kdc.log has entries like this in it: Feb 27 00:23:31 rail.endoframe.net krb5kdc[13220](info): A...

kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials
Hi, I am having problems with using kinit, with keytab and username/password. When issuing the kinit command I get the following error: kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials There is a firewall between the webservers where I issue the command from and the domain controller. The webservers are able to connect to the domain controller on port 88 over UDP. The webservers are able to resolve themselves and the domain controller, both forward and reverse lookup. Do any of you guys out there have an idea of what is going wrong? Many thanks, Celia _...

kadmin: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while initializing kadmin interface
Hi, there, I set up a MIT Kerberos 5 master kdc on a pc in a private domain. I have /etc/hosts mapping hostname of the pc to its ip address and /etc/krb5.conf pointing kdc to the host name, which i believe correctly set. The problem is that, I can do kadmin.local but I just couldn't do kadmin. It always complains: kadmin: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while initializing kadmin interface kinit with no parameters reports the similar error: kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials but kinit works if I supply a principal from anot...

MIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issueMIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issue
Hi, I also experienced the same problem as William G.Zereneh (http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005341.html). I'm able to change the password using ctrl-alt-del, but when the password is expired and windows asks me to change the password, I encountered "Domain MIT.REALM.COM is not available" error. As I sniff the packet, it noticed that it sent a CLDAP query message with filter: (&(DnsDomain = MIT.REALM.COM)(Host = myhostname)(NtVer=\006) which is returned NULL by my _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.REALM.MIT.COM How to resolve this problem ? maybe there's a missin...

samba+kerberos "cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm"
Hi, i'm quite new on kerberos and samba so i hope my question is not so stupid and i hope somebody could help me. I'm trying to join a linux machine (3.0.14a-Debian) to a W2K3 domain a member . I would like to have ads security on it but i dont know why i get this message "cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm" when i try "net ads join -U myuser%mypassword". Maybe i did not give u enough information to know what's the problem. Thank's in advance --------------------------------- LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamad...

kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'EXAMPLE.COM' while getting initial credentials
Hi! I have set up a kerberos server srv.example.com. This server has address 192.168.180.30. Address resolution works fine on the server and client: srv.example.com: # host srv srv.example.com has address 192.168.180.30 # host 192.168.180.30 30.180.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer srv.example.com. # host client client.example.com has address 192.168.180.6 # host 192.168.180.6 6.180.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer client.example.com # client.example.com: # host srv srv.example.com has address 192.168.180.30 # host 192.168.180.30 30.180.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointe...

Web resources about - Cannot contact any KDC for realm - comp.protocols.kerberos

Google Contacts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The older version of the Google Contacts user interface was removed, making many users unhappy. Google Contacts can be synchronized with mobile ...

Boomers in close contact ahead of Rio Olympics push, says Aron Baynes
Banter. And plenty of it looms as Australian's weapon to finally winning an Olympic medal in Rio de Janeiro.

Contact made with campers stranded in Deua National Park
State Emergency Service crews have made contact with a group of 30 campers stranded in a remote stretch of the Deua National Park but fear they ...

ISIS schoolgirls feared dead: Families lose all contact with British teens in Syria
THREE British schoolgirls are feared dead in a “hellishly dangerous” Syrian city where bombs have been exploding close to their last known location. ...

Interact is a new iPhone & iPad contacts app for power users
If you’ve ever wanted a little something more out of the Contacts app on iOS, you may be in for a treat with the latest app from Agile Tortoise, ...

Quickly manage your contacts with Interact from Agile Tortoise
Interact - Do more with your Contacts! Drafts 4 - Quickly Capture Notes, Share Anywhere! Terminology 3 - Extensible Dictionary and Thesaurus ...

HILARIOUS PICS: Bill Clinton’s Female "Fan Club" Backfires as Audience Scowls, Grimaces, Avoids Eye Contact ...
This is absolutely priceless: turns out B.J. Clinton hit the Hillary speaking tour for the first time using a bevy of handpicked wenches (that's ...

Import Contacts in the New Google Contacts
When the latest version of Google Contacts launched last year, many features were missing. It looks like one of these features is back: you can ...

Liveblogging History: January 20, 1778: 1st Contact Captain Cook
... group the Sandwich Islands, in honor of John Montague, who was the Earl of Sandwich and one his patrons. >This was the date of first contact ...

How to personalize your iPhone contacts
Make things even more personal with custom ringtones and rhythm patterns for different contacts on your iPhone. Create ringtones Perhaps you ...