error : kinit(v5) : KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials

Hello all,
 i am Sunil C. i have a domain named xx.com which has a KDC.
 i also have a domain co.yy where my server is. there is no KDC in it.
 users are in xx.com domain. but my servers are in (co.yy) domain.
i had set up a test scenario with a user and a server in domain
(xx.com).
since KDc was setup i got ticket and was able to authenticate well
using kerberos.
my issue is that all my production servers are in domain (co.yy) which
doesnt have a KDC.
i want to authenticate and use the server services in that domain.
setting up KDC is not feasible in both domains for me.
 now i have done some configuration in krb5.conf file on my server
(test.co.yy)
[domain_realm]
xx.com = XX.COM
..xx.com = XX.COM
co.yy = XX.COM
..co.yy = XX.COM
this shows that my domain co.yy which doesnnot have a KDC , i have
mapped it to the realm XX.COM .

 now i have some issues.
1) i tried to get a keytab from the KDC of XX.COM ( my server in
co.yy)
 > ktpass -princ HTTP/test.co.yy@XX.COM
2) i somehow managed to get a keytab . i copied into Apache folder and
executed the command.

kinit -t /usr/local/apache/test03keytab HTTP/test.co.yy@XX.COM
password: xxxx

error : kinit(v5) : KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial
credentials

 Please help me understand what is this error..
 is it some issue with domain mapping configuration in krb5.conf file?
i am using kerberos 1.2.7 version.

 Thanks in advance

 Sunil C

Sunil Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Hello all,
>  i am Sunil C. i have a domain named xx.com which has a KDC.
>  i also have a domain co.yy where my server is. there is no KDC in it.
>  users are in xx.com domain. but my servers are in (co.yy) domain.

Windows domain or DNS domain?

> i had set up a test scenario with a user and a server in domain
> (xx.com).
> since KDc was setup i got ticket and was able to authenticate well
> using kerberos.
> my issue is that all my production servers are in domain (co.yy) which
> doesnt have a KDC.
> i want to authenticate and use the server services in that domain.
> setting up KDC is not feasible in both domains for me.
>  now i have done some configuration in krb5.conf file on my server
> (test.co.yy)

This must be in the krb5.conf on the client. It maps a hostname to a realm.

> [domain_realm]
> xx.com = XX.COM
> .xx.com = XX.COM
> co.yy = XX.COM
> .co.yy = XX.COM
> this shows that my domain co.yy which doesnnot have a KDC , i have
> mapped it to the realm XX.COM .
>
>  now i have some issues.
> 1) i tried to get a keytab from the KDC of XX.COM ( my server in
> co.yy)
>  > ktpass -princ HTTP/test.co.yy@XX.COM

ktpass is a Windows command.
What system is the KDC?   (Windows? Linux? other?)
What system is the server?
What system is the client?

> 2) i somehow managed to get a keytab . i copied into Apache folder and
> executed the command.
>
> kinit -t /usr/local/apache/test03keytab HTTP/test.co.yy@XX.COM
> password: xxxx
>
> error : kinit(v5) : KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial
> credentials
>
>  Please help me understand what is this error..
>  is it some issue with domain mapping configuration in krb5.conf file?
> i am using kerberos 1.2.7 version.

If KDC, client, or server use Windows, get a newer version of Kerberos.

>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Sunil C

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444
0
deengert (574)
3/12/2008 2:00:19 PM
Hello Douglas,

 Let me confirm:

                                                                Sun

                                                Co.yy
xx.com

                                       Test, ..., ...                    pilot,
...., ...

In this XX.COM is implemented in Windows Domain Controller and KDC is
existing here.

CO.YY is implemented using BIND for DNS. No KDC is present here. Now here my
machine is a test server. I need to get a ticket for my test server from KDC
which is in other domain XX.COM. This is to check whether my keytab is
successfull and whether KDC sends correct tickets or not. SO i did a kinit
from my server to get a ticket from KDC.

ktpass is a Windows command. ------Yes

What system is the KDC?   (Windows )

What system is the server? Linux

What system is the client? ---the machine i am using to get ticket from KDC
is the server itself . I need to install my keytab for server and then
request for a ticket from KDC to check if its successsfull and whether KDC
sends correct tickets or not.

Here i am facing the problem when requesting for ticket from KDC for my
server. I am checking whether keytab is installed and whether KDC send
correct tickets or not.

After this scenario only , i will go for a client which will be a windows
client.

So please help me understand my problem

error : kinit(v5) : KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials

You have told about going for new version of Kerberos.

Let me confirm :

I tried a pilot server in KDC domain XX.COM. i got a keytab and installed in
the pilot server. Then i did a kinit for request ticket and it was
successful. I checked the ticket with my keytab details. It was a correct
ticket. This pilot server in xx.com domain is using krb1.2.7.

So it is successful in the server of same domain (pilot.xx.com)

But it gives an error when i try to do it in a server with keytab and the
server exists in another domain and no KDC in it , mapping is done in
krb5.conf in this server. (test.co.yy)

Regards
Sunil C

--
Sunil
As Kevin said yesterday, Kerberos 1.2.7 will not work well with Windows.

Upgrade the Kerberos on the server.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444
0
deengert (574)

kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials
I'm getting the following error on a Solaris 8 machine: kinit: KRB5 error c= ode 52 while getting initial credentials=20 =20 So far my analysis shows this error to indicate the following: 0x34 - KRB_E= RR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG - Too much data=20 =20 According to a number of forums, some inheriant limitations exist with the = Solaris 8 version of Kerberos concerning the number of group memberships a = user may have. In my Active Directory, each user is a member of possibly m= any groups. To confirm this, I created a simple user with only membership = to "Domain Users" and was able t...

kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials #2
I'm getting the following error on a Solaris 8 machine: kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials So far my analysis shows this error to indicate the following: 0x34 - KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG - Too much data According to a number of forums, some inheriant limitations exist with the Solaris 8 version of Kerberos concerning the number of group memberships a user may have. In my Active Directory, each user is a member of possibly many groups. To confirm this, I created a simple user with only membership to "Domain Users" and was able to run kinit without ...

RE: kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials
Thanks for the update Will. I'll look into Solaris 10...> Date: Mon, 9 Jul= 2007 15:43:48 -0500> From: William.Fiveash@sun.com> To: rfbass16@hotmail.c= om> CC: kerberos@mit.edu> Subject: Re: kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while gett= ing initial credentials> > On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 05:56:56PM +0000, Ron Ba= ss II wrote:> > > > I'm getting the following error on a Solaris 8 machine:= kinit: KRB5> > error code 52 while getting initial credentials > > > > So = far my analysis shows this error to indicate the following: 0x34 -> > KR...

kinit(v5): KRB5 error code 68 while getting initial credentials
I have a huge Problem. Im trying to install a SSO for our Intranet-Webserver (Apache 2.0.55) on a SuSE Linux 10.0. Ist running very fine. But we have some Computers, which are NOT Part of the Active Directory Domain, so there the sso doesnt work. If the paste their Usernames into the Auth-Box (firstname.lastname@persona.de) it doesnt work. But the Useraccount exists in the AD. If they paste the real username (e.g. firstname.lastname@KONZERN.INTERN) it works fine. The problem: The user dont Know his real AD-Name. He knows just hier emailadress (firstname.lastname@persona.de) Anyone a soluti...

RE: kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials #2
Any chance the Kerberos libs from Solaris 10 can port back to Solaris 8? So= me limitations have arisen such that an upgrade to Solaris 10 is not possi= ble yet. Is there any way to patch the Solaris 8 Kerberos??? =20 Thanks Ron > Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:42:49 -0500> From: William.Fiveash@sun.com> To:= rfbass16@hotmail.com> CC: William.Fiveash@sun.com; kerberos@mit.edu> Subje= ct: Re: kinit: KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials> > On W= ed, Jul 11, 2007 at 01:10:19AM +0000, Ron Bass II wrote:> > > > Thanks for = the update Will. I'll...

KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials
Hello all, i am Sunil C. i have a domain named xx.com which has a KDC. i also have a domain co.yy where my server is. there is no KDC in it. users are in xx.com domain. but my servers are in (co.yy) domain. i had set up a test scenario with a user and a server in domain (xx.com) since KDc was setup i got ticket and was able to authenticate well using kerberos. my issue is that all my production servers are in domain (co.yy) which doesnt have a KDC. i want to authenticate and use the server services in that domain. setting up KDC is not feasible in both domains for me. now i have done s...

KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials #2
Hello all, i am Sunil C. i have a domain named xx.com which has a KDC. i also have a domain co.yy where my server is. there is no KDC in it.=20 users are in xx.com domain. but my servers are in (co.yy) domain. i had set up a test scenario with a user and a server in domain (xx.com) since KDc was setup i got ticket and was able to authenticate well using kerberos. my issue is that all my production servers are in domain (co.yy) which doesnt have a KDC. i want to authenticate and use the server services in that domain. setting up KDC is not feasible in both domains for me. now i have done...

How to get the error message rather than the code error
Hi, After sending a request, I would get the possible error message. Not the code @@error, nor the exact content of sysmessages, but the message like it could be in the log file. TIA, TSalm TSalm (tsalm@free.fr) writes: > After sending a request, I would get the possible error message. > Not the code @@error, nor the exact content of sysmessages, but the > message like it could be in the log file. "Sending a request", that sounds like you are issuing a call from a client program. In that case you should be able to pick up the error message. If you tell which client API...

Error code when there is no error??
In my source I have: wndclass.hIcon = LoadIcon (hInstance, "test") ; test.ico is a valid icon. file. Everythig works ok. But when I test for an error like this: ShowLastError(); // no problems here wndclass.hIcon = LoadIcon (hInstance, "test") ; ShowLastError(); // I get "The system cannot find the file specidied" wndclass.hIcon get a valid handle. Here is my ShowLastError program: VOID ShowLastError(void) { LPVOID lpMsgBuf; DWORD error_code; int status; char sa1[1024]; error_code = Get...

permitted_enctypes = "des-cbc-crc" triggers 'kinit: Generic error (see e-text) while getting initial credentials'
I have this in my Suse 11.3 /etc/krb.conf for libdefaults: allow_weak_crypto = true # permitted_enctypes = "des-cbc-crc arcfour-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96" permitted_enctypes = "des-cbc-crc" Now if I try to kinit I get this error: kinit kinit: Generic error (see e-text) while getting initial credentials Why? Wendy ...

KRB5 error code 52
Kerberos experts, I am using SEAM 1.01 on Solaris 9 and am authenticating to AD. When others try they fail the login with the "KRB5 error code 52" error. I read that this has something to do with UDP packet size and to try TCP. Is there a way in SEAM to have it use TCP rather then UDP, or to try UDP then TCP is that fails? I was hoping there was a configuration parameter in krb5.conf. thanks, Tyson Oswald ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Tyson, I assume you us...

Re: KRB5 error code 52
SEAM 1.01 doesn't support TCP, later version on Solaris 10 support TCP Hooshang > Kerberos experts, > > I am using SEAM 1.01 on Solaris 9 and am authenticating to AD. When others try > they fail the login with the "KRB5 error code 52" error. I read that this has > something to do with UDP packet size and to try TCP. Is there a way in SEAM to > have it use TCP rather then UDP, or to try UDP then TCP is that fails? I was > hoping there was a configuration parameter in krb5.conf. > > thanks, > Tyson Oswald > ___________________________...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 1).
Hi! I'm trying to create an exe file from my GUI, so that the GUI can be run on computers not having MATLAB. I'm using MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b) and the Compiler version is 4.11(R2009b). I receive the following error message when using deploytool: mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\distrib' Warning: Directory already exists. mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' Warning: Directory already exists. mcc -F C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.prj mcc -o 'test_deploy' -W 'WinMain:test_deploy' -d 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' -T 'link:exe' -v 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m' Compiler version: 4.11 (R2009b) Processing include files... 2 item(s) added. Processing directories installed with MCR... The file C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src\mccExcludedFiles.log contains a list of functions excluded from the CTF archive. 2 item(s) added. Generating MATLAB path for the compiled application... Created 40 path items. Begin validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 End validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 Parsing file "C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m" (Referenced from: "Compiler Command Line"). Pars...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 255).
Hello, I am trying to compile a m-file using Visual C++ l2010 library (as setup by "mbuild -setup)" to create COM DLL. But the compiler gives me Error: Using options file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2011b\compopts.bat You cannot use this file with the UNKNOWN architecture because it enables a compiler for a different architecture. Running mbuild -setup may resolve this problem. Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 255). Unable to build executable. (see full build log below). The ...

Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195
Hello group! I am new to this group and topic. I have been using pine as my primary email client for long, and never noticed the role of kerberos in the play. Until recently, on a newly installed Redhat EL5 server, when I open pine configured to connect to our Exchange 2007 server, I got: Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195 (try running kinit) for some.emailserver.edu I then did kinit >kinit >kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem? Thanks, Jindan Jindan Zhou <...

Kerberos error 52 (0x34) when using kinit
Hello All, I'm getting the above error when I try to get the initial ticket using kinit. The KDC is Windows 2003 and the client is running on linux. My understanding of kerberos and the KDC in particular is that if the KDC can't send the response back via UDP it will switch over to TCP. My question is this: Does the client need to programmactically take an action if it recieves this error or will this be taken care of "under the hood"? Also the client side (linux), is there a way to force the communication to occur using TCP? TIA, Bruce E. Wells -----------------...

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
I receive this error when attempting to build an installer for my Labview application. &nbsp; &nbsp; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller &gt;&gt; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Build_Invoke.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Main.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Build.vi &gt;&gt; NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi Loading product deployment informationLoading product deployment informationAdding files to installerDone adding filesPreparing to build deploymentCopying products from distributionsCopying distribution 'NI-DAQ 8.0.1' from: D:\ to: C:\DARTS\ATS_TE_Project\DARTS_NI-DAQ_HP3561A_Dynamic_Signal_Analyzer\Installer\&nbsp;***************** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)The system cannot find the file specified. *** End Error Report**************&nbsp;Done building deployment Hi rich hilt- &nbsp; Please see the following discussion forum.&nbsp; It documents the exact same error and lists steps to resolve the problem. &nbsp; <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=214393&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">I am having problems with an application built in LV 8.0 as well as LV8.2 compiling correctly when building the installer</a> &nbsp; Hope this helps! I removed every installation NI-DAQ from my system and downloaded and installed D...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 1). #2
uilding COM object... mcc -M -silentsetup -d 'D:/matlab2006/work/testww//src' -B 'ccom:testww,testwwclass,1.0' -g -S 'D:/matlab2006/work/testww.m' mwcomtypes.idl oaidl.idl objidl.idl unknwn.idl wtypes.idl ocidl.idl oleidl.idl servprov.idl urlmon.idl msxml.idl testww_idl.idl oaidl.idl objidl.idl unknwn.idl wtypes.idl ocidl.idl oleidl.idl servprov.idl urlmon.idl msxml.idl mwcomtypes.idl 'rc' &#19981;&#26159;&#20869;&#37096;&#25110;&#22806;&#37096;&#21629;&#2019 6;&#65292;&#20063;&#19981;&#26159;&#21487;&#...

error in error code database
Hi, &nbsp; I have this error (screenshot provided), which problem is its asking for a password. I think this vi is ni developed. So,&nbsp;I have tried to reinstall labview but still this cannot work. Thanks, for any help. &nbsp; Best regards, Edwin &nbsp; error_code_database_password.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/130546/1/error_code_database_password.zip Hi Edwin, The error is most likely caused by opening an LLB in a newer version of LabVIEW than the version it was developed on. It is commonly seen with the "Error Code Database.vi" when upgrading f...

Error codes to go with errors?
Hi all, I've been hunting around the techdocs site looking for a comprehensive list= of error codes for certain errors. The only thing I can find is a list of= a few (textual) errors - nothing that includes codes/numbers, and nothing = comprehensive. This is making it hard to catch specific errors ... can any= one point me to a list somewhere (or tell me the bad news that PostgreSQL l= acks error codes). Ciao Fuzzy :-) ---------------------------------- "Everything you think, do, and say was in the pill you took today." -- Zager and Evans -------------...

RE: Kerberos error 52 (0x34) when using kinit
Hello Douglas, Thanx for the response. I'll get the latest version from MIT and try again. Regards, Bruce. -----Original Message----- From: Douglas E. Engert [mailto:deengert@anl.gov] Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 8:57 AM To: Wells, Bruce Cc: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: Kerberos error 52 (0x34) when using kinit Wells, Bruce wrote: > Hello All, > I'm getting the above error when I try to get the initial ticket using > kinit. The KDC is Windows 2003 and the client is running on linux. My > understanding of kerberos and the KDC in particular is that if the KDC &...

Web resources about - error : kinit(v5) : KRB5 error code 52 while getting initial credentials - comp.protocols.kerberos

Credential Recordings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Credential Recordings is a Nashville-based record label , focusing generally on the pop rock genre. It began branching out when it agreed on ...

GraphicMail, Janrain Engage Enable Email Newsletter Signup Via Facebook Credentials
Hosted email marketing solution GraphicMail added social signup from Janrain Engage to its clients’ customizable newsletter signup forms, allowing ...

Discussion of credentials of Maajid Nawaz - Quilliam - YouTube
Glenn Beck discusses the background of Quilliam Chairman Maajid Nawaz on Fox News - The Daily Beck.

Christos Kyrgios has ATP credentials revoked, forced to buy ticket to watch his brother Nick Kyrgios ...
Christos Kyrgios has had his ATP credentials revoked, denied entry to watch his brother Nick in his first round match at the Cincinnati Masters ...

John I Dent Cup: Wests show premiership credentials with entertaining 40-31 win against Royals
Wests showed they can't be discounted as a John I Dent Cup premiership threat on Saturday.

Facebook attacked with credential-harvesting malware - MediaFire, applications, Data Protection - Social ...
Dorkbot variant infection unusual because the criminals exploited a flaw in the file-sharing site MediaFire to spread the malware

Boland pushes Test credentials with five-for
SCOTT Boland rammed home his Test credentials with a five-wicket haul as Victoria put the markers down for a run away Sheffield Shield lead against ...

Obama mocks Romney military credentials
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. Barack Obama has aimed to belittle rival Mitt Romney's commander-in-chief credentials, accusing ...

Newly discovered Mac malware tarnishes Apple's security credentials
Apple prides itself on producing more secure gadgets than rivals, but these latest bugs may have iFans worried.

Top AFL draft prospect Christian Petracca proves his midfield credentials
You might already know Christian Petracca. If you like football, like coffee and like to grab one inside the MCG then there's a very good chance ...