Forgot Kerberos Master Key

Dear Team,

I forgot kerberos master key but i have key stash file. How can I  get the
clear text password from the stash file.

Regards,
Bharathikannan R
0
kannan

replacing Heimdal with MIT Kerberos, and Kerberos key attributes in LDAP back-end
Hi all Since we are migrating from Debian to RedHat, we are considering replacing our Heimdal Kerberos server (with LDAP back-end) with an MIT Kerberos server (again with LDAP back-end) since RedHat packages are only available for MIT Kerberos. In order to make this migration/upgrade as transparent as possible for our users, we want to convert all the necessary info in the Heimdal back-end to the MIT back-end. Are there any pointers available for this kind of operation? E.g. things like conversion tables mapping the corresponding Kerberos-specific LDAP attributes? Or even scripts?...

Changing master key (Kerberos authentication server+LDAP database)
Is it possible to change the master key of a realm when LDAP is used as the database server? The stash file is not present since LDAP is used. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks, Anubha ...

MIT Kerberos or Heimdal Kerberos?
Hi, How do I know the server install in the system is MIT Kerberos or Heimdal? I m using FreeBSD 5.2.1 Thanks sam ...

Kerberos master/master sync using OpenLDAP N-Way Multi-Master
I haven=B9t seen this idea posted anywhere. The new version of OpenLDAP (I=B9m using 2.4.15) has the ability to run in a multi-master mode. I was able to set up two servers that each ran a Kerberos instance as well as an OpenLDAP instance that had ldap and kerberos failover. I now don=B9t need to worry about doing any sync with Kerberos, as LDAP does it all. I can also run kadmin against either of the kerberos servers. Some tests I did that were pretty successful were: Realm setup: kdc =3D kdc01.security.lab.comcast.net:88 kdc =3D kdc02.security.lab.comcast.net:88 Turn off kdc on kdc0...

MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Greetings, everyone. We run a number of Solaris 8 systems using Sun's SEAM PAM implementation and MIT's Kerberos (which we're up to date on). We are starting to look at Solaris 10, and are hoping to move towards Sun's implementation of Kerberos. We are having a bit of trouble getting the two to talk properly, however. If we SSH (from production to test, for example) to a Solaris 8 machine, then we can rlogin (Kerberized) to the Solaris 10 machine and, from there, rlogin to a Sol8 machine again. If, however, we SSH directly to the Solaris 10 machine, we cannot rlogin to a Sola...

migration from Kerberos 4 to Kerberos 5
Hello, I have a few questions about migration to a new Kerberos version. In fact, the goal is to migrate a network with Kerberos 4 to the Kerberos 5(under Lin8x): 1) Do I have to reinstall Kerberos from the scratch or are there packages that allow to update the version? 2) What about the users that I created, are they still valid or will user information be lost. Part of the network uses already an LDAP directory, do I suppose this will not be a problem for this part, but in general, how can I migrate my user-accounts to the new version? 3) What about the clients, do I have to re-install th...

FTP and Kerberos
Hi, I get the following Kerberos related error when i do FTP from another machine(redhat 9.0) to my machine(redhat 9.0). How to solve this problem ? Should i Need to start/stop some daemons ? here is what happens when i do FTP !!! --------->>>>>>>>> Here is it .....>>>> Connected to 107.108.89.173. 220 localhost.localdomain FTP server (Version 5.60) ready. 334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow GSSAPI accepted as authentication type GSSAPI error major: Miscellaneous failure GSSAPI error minor: No credentials cache found GSSAPI error: in...

Kerberos Decrypted
http://www.digg.com/security/Kerberos_Decrypted ...

Kerberos Decrypted
http://www.digg.com/security/Kerberos_Decrypted ...

Kerberos
Hello, I read on the ibm site that KRB5A authentication is only supported on 5.2. We are currently runnin 5.1 and have an MCA based machine so there is no chance in upgrading to 5.2. Is there an open-source kerberos package for AIX, and how would you go about installing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rich ...

kerberos
Hi, I've seen a number of posts regarding similar issues, but none with answers.. maybe i'll be lucky... Trying to join a Linux samba box to a Win2k Domain via ADS.. Have used 'net join -U administrator%password' then get a list of errors about 20 lines long similar to this. "kerberos_knit_password fedora$@domain.com failed: Client not found in Kerberos database" But, it *does* join the domain and I can see and use the share.... Is there anything to worry about?? TIA, travelfurther.. ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Greetings, and thanks for the response. > > We run a number of Solaris 8 systems using Sun's SEAM PAM > implementation > > and MIT's Kerberos (which we're up to date on). We are > starting to look > > at Solaris 10, and are hoping to move towards Sun's > implementation of > > Kerberos. We are having a bit of trouble getting the two to talk > > properly, however. > > I'm confused - you cannot use the Solaris pam_krb5 with MIT Kerberos. > It is linked directly with the Solaris Kerberos libraries (private). I am trying to g...

kerberos?
Is anyone out there using kerberos authentication with their NonStop hosts? Between this and ssh, I am having trouble keeping up! Thanks in advance. ...

OpenSSH, OpenAFS, Heimdal Kerberos and MIT Kerberos
Rather then implementing kafs in MIT Kerberos, I would like to suggest an alternative which has advantages to all parties. The OpenSSH sshd needs to do two things: (1) sets a PAG in the kernel, (2) obtains an AFS token storing it in the kernel. It can use the Kerberos credentials either obtained via GSSAPI delegation, PAM or other kerberos login code in the sshd. The above two actions can be accomplished by a separate process, which can be forked and execd by the sshd and passed the environment which may have a KREB5CCNAME pointing at the Kerberos ticket cache Other parameters ...

Kerberos?
Who's using Kerberos authentication? Any pointers to procedure or documentation will be appreciated! Hi James, Not Me! But have a look at Doc 317141. That explains it in some more detail than the normal manual. Martin Bowes > Who's using Kerberos authentication? Any pointers to procedure > or documentation will be appreciated! > _______________________________________________ > Info-ingres mailing list > Info-ingres@cariboulake.com > http://mailman.cariboulake.com/mailman/listinfo.py/info-ingres > James Latimer wrote: > Who's using Kerberos authentication? Any pointers to procedure > or documentation will be appreciated! me neither, but this Chapter 13 may be of use: http://downloads.ingres.com/download/connect.pdf ...

Kerberos
________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Replacing the system Kerberos with MIT Kerberos (from ports)
Is there a way to replace the Heimdal Kerberos libraries included in the FreeBSD base system with the MIT Kerberos libraries installed from the security/krb5 port? I know about the KRB5_HOME make option. I'm concerned about other "Kerberized" applications not working properly because they use the wrong client libraries, hence my desire to completely replace Heimdal with MIT Kerberos. The Heimdal Kerberos libraries shipped with the FreeBSD base system don't support TCP, so when a KDC replies to a client request with a response larger than the maximum UDP packet size, the Kerberos libraries return an error to the client instead of switching to TCP (which can handle large responses). I routinely encounter this problem when integrating FreeBSD servers and workstations into Windows Active Directory domains, where the KDC responses include additional authorization data derived from a security principal's group memberships: Samba's "net ads join" command fails with a "response too big for for UDP, retry with TCP" error when linked against Heimdal, but it succeeds (and everything else works properly) when linked against MIT Kerberos. (Note that I'm not willing to debate the semi-standard/non-standard inclusion of authorization data in a Kerberos ticket's PAC, nor am I willing to argue the applicability of the aforementioned operating systems to their assigned tasks.) Best wishes, Matthew ...

Kerberos Administration Protocol
Hi, I'm looking for an open source Java implementation for the Kerberos administration protocol, for changing password, getprinc, delete_principal and so on. The main goals for kadmin, for the MIT implementation. Are there any libraries? If no, I would try to do an adHoc implementation. Are there documents? The only draft that I can see is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cat-kerb-chg-password-00 Thanks, Massimiliano > Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:28:32 +0200 > To: kerberos@mit.edu > From: "max@mascanc.net" <max@mascanc.net> > Subjec...

FW: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Sorry, I accidentally sent this reply just to Wyllys. In the interest of keeping the thread complete, I'll put it to the list as well. R > That's because Solaris 10 'kadmin' uses RPCSEC_GSS and > MIT uses a slightly different RPC protocol. This is not a new > issue, its been a problem ever since we introduced SEAM. > > The solution is that if your KDC is MIT, then you must use the MIT > 'kadmin' client to manage it. OK, thanks. So, I'll have to keep the MIT binaries around as well... Rainer ________________________________________________ K...

Kerberos session key
Good day! I am tracing the program from Microsoft which is a SSPI program. My question is, is the token returned be the session key of the Kerberos session? If not, how can i extract the session key? Thanks! jan2x wrote: > Good day! I am tracing the program from Microsoft which is a SSPI > program. My question is, is the token returned be the session key of > the Kerberos session? If not, how can i extract the session key? > Thanks! > See the LsaCallAuthenticationPackage() to get a service ticket. Then look at the pTicketResponse. pTicket = &(pTicketResponse->Ticket); pTicket->SessionKey.Length; pTicket->SessionKey.value; > ________________________________________________ > Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu > https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos > > -- Douglas E. Engert <DEEngert@anl.gov> Argonne National Laboratory 9700 South Cass Avenue Argonne, Illinois 60439 (630) 252-5444 ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

kerberos
Hi I have kerberos server setup, and it works fine with iseries navigator, I have to create a AS400 object now using Java and kerberos ticket, has any one done it successfully, does anyone have any code sample "polilop" <fmatosicSKINI@inet.hr> burped up warm pablum in news:fr3i5a$sn6$1@ss408.t-com.hr: > Hi > I have kerberos server setup, and it works fine with > iseries navigator, I have to create a AS400 object now > using Java and kerberos ticket, has any one done it > successfully, does anyone have any code sample You should read: http://publib.boulder...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #4
Thanks. We'll have to keep our eyes open for 5-1.4. Rainer > -----Original Message----- > From: Tom Yu [mailto:tlyu@mit.edu] > Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:12 AM > To: Wyllys Ingersoll > Cc: Heilke, Rainer; kerberos@mit.edu > Subject: Re: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos > > > >>>>> "Wyllys" == Wyllys Ingersoll <wyllys.ingersoll@sun.com> writes: > > Wyllys> That's because Solaris 10 'kadmin' uses RPCSEC_GSS and > Wyllys> MIT uses a slightly different RPC protocol. > > [...] > >...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #3
Thanks for the response. Please see inline... > In Solaris 10, all of the Kerberos services are already bundled, > there is no longer any external packages that need to be added. Right. > Whoever told you 'ksu' was part of the encryption kit was mistaken, > ksu has never been part of SEAM. OK, thanks for that clarification. It was a bit of a surprise to me when I was told it was there. So, does the Solaris 10 SEAM have any functionality similar to ksu, or just the standard su command? > The encryption kit for Solaris 10 enhances the overall crypto > capabilities ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #5
> > Can we force the Sol10 box to only use DES, to be > compatible with the > > Sol8/MIT systems (which is everything but the one Sol10 box)? > > If you are using MIT Kerberos on the Solaris 8 systems (including > pam_krb5 made for MIT, not the one that comes with SEAM), then > you should not worry about the enctypes because MIT already > supports all of the enctypes that S10 supports. > > The only time you need to worry about enctypes is when you > are using pre-S10 systems with SEAM apps. IN that situation, > ONLY the pre-solaris 10 systems need ...

Web resources about - Forgot Kerberos Master Key - comp.protocols.kerberos

Kerberos (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Trekkies miss out after push to name Pluto moon 'Vulcan' fails; Kerberos and Styx chosen instead
BAD news, 'Star Trek' fans: Pluto's fourth and fifth moons have been named Kerberos and Styx, despite 'Vulcan' being the top suggestion.

Meet Pluto's smallest moons: Kerberos and Styx
Pluto's two smallest known moons have been officially named after characters associated with the underworld of Greek and Roman mythology.

Pluto's moons named Styx and Kerberos, despite vote for Vulcan
... Astronomical Union vetoed a public vote to name one of Pluto's two most recently discovered moons Vulcan and named the moons Styx and Kerberos. ...

kerberos articles on Engadget
kerberos articles, stories, news and information.

Microsoft Issues Emergency Patch for Kerberos Bug
The vulnerability could enable an attacker to elevate privileges. Microsoft recommends that organizations consider rebuilding their Windows domains. ...

Kerberos Productions Offers Expertise to President on the Weaponization of Outer Space
... game violence to the President and Vice-President of the United States, Sword of the Stars 1 & 2, Fort Zombie, and NorthStar developer Kerberos ...

The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx, respectively.
The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx , respectively. The Earth's moon is still named fucking "Aiden." ...

Poll For Pluto's Moons Closes, Vulcan and Kerberos Win - Geekosystem
First the SETI Institute put it up for vote, then the geeks and nerds swarmed the Internet, and now it's as certain as it can be before the International ...

Kerberos unleashed at last: Pluto’s dog-bone moon poses another mystery
NASA’s New Horizons probe has finally filled out its family portrait of Pluto and its moons – and Kerberos, the last moon to get its closeup, ...